Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
F: Balulekile vs. Gadane Dhatri

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
AstoriaFallen generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:45 pm
User ImageHe had made it to the second round and stood across from his sparing partner. Giving a small bow if his head a smile spread across his lips, "Good luck to us both this day." Both of them had gotten to this point for a reason, he hoped that no matter the outcome, they at least had a good time.

It was decided he would go first so he went in, much like he had on the first round, faking a left only to go right as he reached out a paw hoping to feel it connect against a solid mass.

Sure enough he was fortunate to land a solid blow, but being this close left him open to a counter attack and he braced himself for the return hit.

(1/3)  
Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:07 am
User Image

Gadane misses! (0/3)

Gadane was feeling almost proud of himself for having won in the first round. He'd never successfully impressed Dohi with his battle prowess before marriage, but now he had his chance! He did feel a bit bad that he knocked out the only contender from his birth clan, and he felt the immense irony of being pitted against someone from his new clan immediately afterward. It was almost poetic.

His opponent was an outsider, someone with a nearly red mane that made him stand out so much at home. But he knew Balulekile, at least enough to know he was a good lion. So he returned the bow and waited for his opponent to strike--

And he was immediately struck and tripped over his own paws when trying to retaliate. This was not off to a good start.

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:15 am
Taking advantage of his partners trip up he reached out with his right paw to tap him on the rear since it was how they had ended up facing one another.

A wave of pride washed over him, maybe this would help prove to the clan that just because he was an outsider, and then there was the whole red colors he was sporting, he belonged here.

Still, he was treated pretty well considering everything and he very much enjoyed his new home. Balu honestly wanted to know that he was accepted fully, without scrutiny.

He was hinwwtmy nervous about this whole thing and he hoped it didnt show too much.

(2/3)

Ecavi

Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:12 pm
Gadane hits! (1/3)

After a bad start, Gadane regained his footing just in time for another strike from his opponent. This time, thankfully, he didn't land on the ground and instead managed to turn around and give Balulekile a good shove away. He needed more space if he was going to recover properly. It took him another second to untangle his feet from the quick spin and to get into position to keep fighting.

"Bird is in the finals either way," he said, smiling, "Funny that it's the two of us representing them."

It might serve the former rogue better to win the title but Gadane wanted to impress his family, too. He wasn't going to go down without a fight, even as he felt that his chances were getting smaller and smaller with every move he made. He remembered what Sunobari said to him, he needed to do better..

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:46 pm
"Indeed they will be." Whether it was his part or or himself, the bird clan would represent in the final show down. He wondered which of them would come out on top. So far Balu was in the lead but it didnt mean that he'd remain that way for long.

As if on cue Gadane landed a hit upon Balu that made him smile. His partner wasn't giving up yet. This spurred him on and he used the push back to give himself some momentum to charge forward with his paw out stretched.

It connected and he danced back, away from his opponent.

That was three for him! Still, he couldn't help but feel a little sad it was over already. As the day went on he began to feel more and more of a grove and his sparring seemed to reflect that.

"You did really well." Hoping the words gave him some form of comfort given he had just lost to a fellow bird clan member.

3/3

Ecavi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:30 pm
A funny response, Gadane thought, as he saw the look on his opponent's face change at the first successful strike he landed. He won easily, almost embarrassingly so.. but Gadane put on a smile anyway. He'd done better than last year, maybe he would do even better next year.. and he'd have to go find Sunobari to apologize for such a poor show after beating him.

"Good match," he said, heaving a small sigh, "Good luck in the next round. Shadow and Sky will both be putting up a good fight to take the title from us."

The Bird Clan had the current Sky Champion, Sky and Shadow clans were two that hadn't won in a long time. He didn't envy their match-up.. maybe he could still catch it!

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:49 am
He wondered if he knew any of the lions that were in the Shadow or Sky Clan, he had heard that one of his siblings had joined a while back? He was fairly certain one of them had, but who, he wasn't honestly sure. Perhaps they'd end up crossing paths before long.

"Well, you still have the opportunity to take 3rd place! Maybe we can claim two out of the three places." It would be something, even if he didn't end up as the Sky Champion this year, he had made it farther than he had thought he was going to. Though, if the underdog was to come up and take the win that wouldn't be a terrible thing. He was rooting for everyone, as well as himself. As long as everyone did their best then that was all anyone could really ask of them.

"This might seem like an odd request." He really didn't know anyone in his Clan and this was probably the most conversation he'd had with a fellow member since having joined. "Maybe we could meet up sometime? Go on a hunt perhaps...." Rubbing a paw against his leg he wasn't sure how to really do this. Making friends had never really been something he had been good at.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:08 am
"Maybe," he answered doubtfully, though still smiling, "I stumbled to victory in my first fight, you beat me so easily this time.. I'll do my best but I won't get my hopes up."

Gadane knew a pair of siblings had entered, but he didn't remember which one had moved on to the next round. But they were both younger than him, just like Balulekile.. maybe that made the difference, especially when you weren't a properly trained fighter.

He perked up at the sudden request, realizing that while he had seen this lion around he hadn't necessarily spoken to him except in passing before. Aside from his wife, he didn't know all that many lions in his clan personally.. maybe he ought to make a friend.

"That sounds great," he said, "I'd like to hear about where you came from sometime, if it's a story you can tell."

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:08 am
Ecavi

He wasn't honestly sure what to say in response, his partner had done well, and he wasn't too much older than he was so who was to say why it had gone the way it had. Still, he hoped that Gadane didn't take it too hard. "You still made it pretty far so that in itself is an accomplishment." Even if he felt like getting to where he was had been by chance.

Still, he had hopes for his fellow clan member.

A smile spread across his features and he perked up an immense deal when the other agreed to meet up with him at a future time. Trying his best not to sound to enthusiastic, he didn't want to suddenly scare his potential new friend away. "It is one that I can tell indeed, and I look forward to it. I shall look for you after the tournament then." This was such a great day! Getting this far in the tournament and then being able to make a friend with a fellow clan member. Nothing could bring his mood down at this point. "I look forward to us meeting up again soon."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:43 pm
Gadane grinned at his new friend, pleased that this had gone so well even when it ended so quickly. There really wasn't a better outcome he could have hoped for than this.

"Good luck," he said, "Let's see if we can keep the trophy in our clan."

He lost to the champion last year, maybe he had just lost to the champion again. He'd find out before the end of the day! Now he had to get himself motivated again for one more fight..

Fin!  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out