Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:28 pm
User Image

Gadane was looking rough and tired by the end of the third day of the festival. He had come significantly closer to the trophy this year and he was feeling it, everything ached and he was sure he had pulled something.. he didn't actually know how to fight and apparently just throwing all of your weight at an opponent was effective but painful in the long run. The Moon Ceremony would begin soon but rather than head directly for the Stargrove, Gadane had headed for the stream that went through it to take a quiet break and pull himself together before he went to find Dohi.

He was rolled over by the water's edge, stretched out and staring up at the dimming sky. He didn't have anything on his mind now, he was just tired and he had found a comfortable (if unusual) position and was just enjoying himself. He had thought about going to the river but it would put him too far away to catch up to the Moon Ceremony and he didn't want to have to hurry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The festival was always a busy time for any alu'nadi in the pride. There were new members, new ceremonies to assist with, new faces to meet, new souls to mourn. She had grown so well into the position, and for a moment here and there she forgot that Gadane was even her husband. She was too focused on assisting her father, or helping coordinate meals and hunter rotations, what Bird clan would offer in terms of assistance with the festival...she was tired.

As she wandered off to see what her family was up to in a rare moment of calm, she decided to go look for her mate. He had been ignored enough, and it wasn't fair for her to not spend some time with him. He seemed to understand her title and the duties it entailed, but she still felt a little bad that he had to get knocked down on her priority list.

So she wandered, trying to look for him. Her first few locations she checked proved fruitless, but she found herself wandering along the water's edge, knowing that the stream was too small for real dangers. Just small ones.

And that was when she finally spotted him, her silly man.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:00 pm
His blank mind was aware of the sounds of someone approaching but it took him a surprisingly long moment to realize he recognized the footsteps. He rolled from his back onto his side and spotted his lovely wife headed his way. She looked as tired as he felt and he wondered, briefly, if she'd been so busy she didn't even see his embarrassing but effective showing in the tournament.

"Dohi," he greeted her warmly, smiling, "Having a good time?"

Like most Ela'wadiyi, Gadane loved the festival.. and like many, he was always happy when it was over, too. Home never felt quite so cozy as after a long trip to the Stargrove surrounded by half a dozen extra clans worth of lions. Not to mention that Dohi was an incredibly hard worker and only pushed herself harder during the festival, she'd deserve a nice break.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:44 pm
She didn't mind that it took him a moment to really register that she was nearby. He seemed a bit fatigued, and rather comfortable in his awkward position. He may have more time to rest than she did, but the support he was expected to give in prepping for the festival probably kept him busy enough. There were only so many eyes to hunt for the herbs, to prep new gifts of feathers, to keep an eye on the moody birds to survey overhead and ensure everything was running smoothly.

"I am exhausted," she said with a dramatic grumble, and threw herself down on the ground next to Gadane. "I need a break, and how convenient that you just happen to be here. You can be my excuse that I need a break." She nudged along the side of his body, trying to find a weak spot. "Maybe you sprained something, and as your lovingly, devoted wife, I need to ensure that you heal properly."

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:31 pm
"You joke but maybe I did."

As she started poking at him, he stretched out all his limbs, then his back and rolled over onto his side so he was facing Dohi. It was too bad he was a terrible actor, a doting wife comforting her injured husband sounded great, his own lame joke was the best he could do to play along. How unfortunate it was that after a rest he'd be fine and ready to move on again. The rest of the festival wasn't so physically strenuous but he was out of social energy by now, he'd enjoy the company but he wouldn't be so chatty tonight.

"We must be just about ready for the Moon Ceremony, it's nice to be somewhere quiet before we go out and socialize again," Gadane said, smiling, "Are you tired of my family yet or are they still a good excuse to take a break from your side?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:39 pm
She had to give him a few more loving pokes before she chuckled at his comment. “I don’t know, maybe you haven’t yet realized your injury. I could easily influence that, you know.” Her joke may have sounded a bit harsh but she knew he wouldn’t take it too seriously. Maybe.

She let herself reflect for a moment before sighing. “The Moon is a little hard sometimes, but yes. It is a good way to wrap up the festival. And your family is delightful compared to mine. You do remember who my father is, yes?” She gave him a hard nudge before snuggling into his side.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:01 pm
Gadane snorted at her joking threat, giving her a few gentle pokes back as she stopped to think about the remainder of the festival. It was a shame this was the kind of relationship she had with her father but he imagined it was hard to avoid. He had a great deal of respect for them both, it just seemed inevitable that the alu'nadi and nvwati of the wanidatsi's clan would always be in his shadow and under his influence more than most.

"I think I remember," he said, "Tall and yellow, right? Doesn't smile enough?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:00 pm
Dohi couldn’t help but laugh at her husband’s remark. “No, he never smiles enough. And I think if he openly laughed, we would have to make sure he doesn’t have a fever and is on his death bed.” She mulled over her comment again, letting the silence grow once more. It was companionable, and she appreciated how he would just let her think without prodding her impatiently. Sometimes it was hard to remember to live for herself and not just her clan.

“Well, if I ever get that stone faced and boring, just remind me to not turn into my father, ok? At least I won’t look like him, all grumpy and wrinkly here and there.” Another moment and she turned to give Gadane a look. “But you’re seriously ok, yeah? Sounds like you did better this year, but I am not sure if I would call you a perfect participant.”  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:23 pm
Gadane laughed and felt a little bad that they were joking about the wanidatsi being on his death bed but.. he wasn't just the wanidatsi, he was her father and a lion himself so.. it felt well earned, at least coming from his hardworking shadow.

"Don't worry, I'd love you even if you turned into a grumpy old man," he said, leaning over and resting his head against her, "But.. we'll avoid it if we can."

Dohi turned to get a good look at him and pressed the issue of whether or not he was really OK and he smiled sheepishly at what she'd heard about how it went.

"Ehh.. I think I ended up in third place," he said, "And I can't figure out how, I'm definitely not very good at it. S'probably why I hurt so much right now, but it's nothing to worry about. I'll feel better tomorrow."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:05 pm
“It’s good to know that we will still love each other even when we get old and grumpy,” she said proudly. She returned Gadane’s affection, rather pleaded with how lucky she was to call him her husband.

“Third! That’s pretty good for you. I am proud of you,” she said with bright eyes. “You should be proud for reaching that far this year. “It’s not something I would ever be able to participate in, so you’ve let me live vicariously through you for the excitement. Even if that means you’ll be a little sore for a couple days,” she added with a laugh.

“I think we have a little bit more time to relax before we have to gather up for the Moon ceremony. Are you hungry?”  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:11 pm
"We didn't get to keep the title but the Shadow Clan finally got one, so I think the tournament was a success," he said brightly, "Now Wolf just needs a win, I guess."

Gadane wasn't that good with his history but he had hung around after the tournament long enough to overhear it. Some members of the Sky Clan lived for the festival and tournament just so they could witness the history they kept for the pride.

"I am hungry but I'm also too comfy to leave now," he said, inching closer to his wife and closing his eyes, "I could fall right to sleep now that you're here."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:48 pm
“Heh, I’d like to see my father’s reaction when Wolf wins. Hopefully that’s soon, even tho I’m not sure he will ever fully let go of his little grudge.” She leaned on Gadane a bit, feeling like they were slowly melting into one warm lump.

“Mmmm,” was her reply when he mentioned sleep. “Feel free to take a nap, and I can wake you before we need to leave. I’ll keep you safe,” she winked. “Go to sleep.”

Having a quiet moment with her husband was nice, and it would give her time to reflect on how the festival was going.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas