Seito was not one to seek out trouble. Although knowing Yangu was working to stop another lioness from bringing ill to Doma, Seito removed herself from effort to any side, instead learning the pride culture, and comparing the differences with her own home. The dark lioness often roamed her new home watching members of the pride go about their business, watching trails be used and shrinesvisited, but Seito dominantly avoided close engagement yet. Instead, the lioness kept quiet and hunted for herself, seeking nothing more than be not burden the pride with a new mouth to feed -- such as today.

Seito hauled her kill towards her den carefully, meaning to portion her share before leaving the rest for others when a shadfow of a lioness approached, watching her pulling the gazelle in silently before approaching with a sense of grace, speaking plainly.

"You felled a gazelle alone?" The black lioness sounded surprised at this, ears erect as Seito looked uo, and dropped her kill. Was this Yangu's demon? Well... Seito wasn't involving herself in that, but she would be polite.

"In my birth pride, slaves were expected to bring down prey in teams or alone." Seito responded calmly. The other lioness blinked, shifting.

"You were a slave?-- Ah, forgive me, my name is Nacht. I've never met you before."

"Mmm. Seito." The dark lioness grunted, then shrugged."And I was. Lifa and I share a birth pride, but where she's born free, my father put me in among the slaves -- as was his right as ruler. He didn't want daughters." A snort, and Seito sighed, moving to portion her kill. If this 'Nacht' was going to pester, Seito wasn't going to be rude -- thet risked unwanted attention. Nacht blinked in silence, listening before frowning.

"Slavery is a punishment bythe gods, not something for mortals to decide." Nacht finally growled. Seito shrugged, head tilting as she ripped a leg off the gazelle to eat at.

"The gods forsake my birth pride before I was born. The pride was overrun by males pushing females about, even free ones. Lifa's only free because of a littermate being a strong male. And he ended up murdering most of my pride. Lifsa'd already run away by then. I'm lucky my brother helped me, or else I'd be more lost. We... Got seperated seasons ago though." Seito shrugged, Nacht listening silently befoe frowning.

"Males will do that. Bu not Zodiark, the true god. He was ever kind to me." Nacht responded softly, reverence dancing in her tone. "He took me in after my parents died ina rockfall. He taught me everything I know -- and I want to spread it to as many prides as I can, so he gets the worship he deserves." Nacht smiled faintly at this. "His mate..Doesn't seem to understand. But I do. He jusat... Isn't recognized by the winged gods -- they call him mortal. But... But he can' be."

"Why not?" Seito archeda brow,nosing the main kill to Nacht as she blinkd, pausing in confusionat the question. Slowly, Nacht shook her head, frowning at the question, as if unable to understand.

"What do you mean?" Nacht asked. "Only a god can be as compassionatye and merciful as Zodiark." Her eyes widened at Seito, wondering how the other dark lioness didn't believe her, and Seito chewed throughtfully, considering her answer. Everyone said Nacht was unstable, did not take confrontation well, but this was... A genuine conversation, and something about her radiated a lioness whom might be less mad and more....

De3sperate? There had to be some description -- needy? Seito wasn't sure, but when she swallowed, Seito motioned.

"Why can't a mortal be merciful?" Seito asked. "I know Yangu didn't need to offer to bring me here -- she did it out of kindness. Brother didn't need to guide me into the roguelands -- he wanted to. Lifa knows my background and still could have refused to let me live here -- she didn't though. Mortals can be just as merciful as the alleged gods --and pray forgive me, I've never evenseen these gods."

Nacht blinked slowly, a frown forming on her muzzle as she tried to process and understand, before frowning, motioning with a poaw.

"You've seen mortals. They're cruel to one another. My father attacked my mother. She caused the rockfall to kill him. Mortals areselfish -- Elidibus wanted Zodiark's praise all to himself. My children left me. My own pupils left. Mortals care only for themselves. But if I can make them aware of the gods' will..." Nacht sighed, and Seito's ear flicked. The plan to bring Zodiark to scold Nacht... Might fail. Scorned by her 'god', Nacht might get worse, more frantic, but Seito could read between the lines, used to reading body language for signs of danger and of ythreat. Nacht.... Nacht was hurting and misconstrued the lessons due to hero worship. Seito hadn't wanted involved, but, Nacht seemed to need... Someone to talk to, and Seito sat, chewing a bite of gazelle before looking to her quietly.

"Mortals do hurt each other, and I'm sorry you were so hurt. But hurting others to spread the gods' benevolence won't solve anything either. I could never convince my father I was worth his love through outworking other slaves, and I oftencollapsed. Your mother... Didn't handle cruelty in a good way either. But we also can't be just as mean, or we become bad ourselves. My brother has a cruel streak from father, but I still forgive him and love him. I can't speak for any dieties, buit I know nothing improves unless we start by improving at home." The lioness took another bite, Nacht listening to the other dark lioness as she narrowed her eyes momentarily, and then sighed, laying down to chew a bit on the meat given to her in thought.

"That Yangu lioness talks, then." Nacht growled. "She musty be who sent Elidibus, that horrible knight, and those demons to styeal my daughter. And so what would you do when our meal is done? Rake me withyour claws, cry hyena and attack me?" Nacht eyed Seito, and the lioness blinked, before a rare smile formed on her muzzle, and she laughed mirthfully, shaking her head.

"Oh, no! No no, none of those, my stars. I don't want a fight. Fighting rather distresses me, you see. No, I'm merely citing observation -- I'm sorry if I'm upsetting you. I can only offer an opinion as a fellow survivor of torment, and aught else.Your fate and path is in your paws, not mine. I'm completely nonviolent, besides hunting, anyways." Seito smiled warmly, startling Nacht as she paused, staring at Seito several long moments before looking to her paws,considering. A mortal... Who didn't judge. Didn't run. Didn't hate her, or ignore her, or... Howcompletely... Odd.

"What... Would you have me do if you could? I presume Ysangu's talk to some of why I'm here." Nacht asked hesitantly. Seito looked thoughtful -- it was a hard question really, and it took a long period to work out.

"I'd stop forcing your beliefs on others for one. Others don't like it when you do it, and it's a mean thing. Next, I'd be kind to others. Not everyone will be kind back, but you can't make then like you. Ignore those bad people and move on. I'd also find someplace you feel safe and happy. You obviously don't here. You enslaved outsiders, from what Plouton said. But you can let them go and even remove yourself to find a home you belong to! Possibly even here, if you can caom enough or feel comfortable giving up control. Minu did, and they revere the gods. Otherwise... Hm. I suppode you can try looking at other prides nearby." Seito then smiled. "It you stay though... Maybe we can be friends."

That startled Nacht, eyes widening at the other lioness as she took it all in. A friend... A friend who accepted.... A wave of guilt crashed over Nacht slowly as she studied Seito, the other lioness eating at her gazelle leg cheerily, and considererd. Nacht was unused to the idea -- even her own cubs had been a calculated move, but this was....

Welcomed. Seito had every reason to dislike her, but sghe still offered a paw in friendship, and a trickle of warmth crossed the lioness' form, the female smiling faintly at the other dark lioness as she continued to gnaw at meat before Nacht finally smiled.

"I'd like that." She decided. Seito blinked in surprise, then smiled, moving to put a paw on hers softly, and then nodd3ed.

"Maybe you can talk to Lord Hien later about joining. Not as counsel either, I'm just a hunter but..."

"A priestess." Nacht said plainly. "I'd prefer to be a priestess."

"See? A good step." Seito encouraged, and Nacht smiled again. Slowly, the lioness crept next to Seito, and rest her paw on the other's as both of them settled to lie down to eat in amiable silence, tails flicking every so often in silent contently. It was a sign of better to come.