As the show returns from commercial, interviewer Joe Morgan is standing in the ring with a mic.

Morgan: Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to welcome my guest for an interview this evening, the Dragon himself, Jarel Damone!"

The lights go out again as the familiar chords of Down with the Sickness start up. Fans light their lighters throughout the audience, a rarity in this day and age but a throwback to the years Jarel has spent in the business

i]Oh wah ah ah ah!

Flames burst up on the stage and the crowd erupts as they usually do for the Dragon. Smoke rolls down the ramp and Jarel steps out

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing
Broken your servant I kneel
(Will you give in to me?)
It seems what's left of my human side
Is slowly changing ... in me
(Will you give in to me?)

Jarel begins the walk down the ramp to head for the ring.

Looking at my own reflection
When suddenly it changes
Violently it changes
Oh no, There is no turning back now
You've woken up the demon ... in me

Jarel stops at the end of the ramp, his eyes moving around the arena

Get up, come on get down with the sickness
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me
You mother get up
Come on get down with the sickness
You ******** get up
Come on get down with the sickness
Madness is the gift, that has been given to me

Jarel steps up to the ring and onto the apron, his eyes on Marcus before he steps in over the top rope. Now in the ring, he looks up as the Silver Dragon symbol lowers to hang above the ring. As he moves in front of it, he raises his fist and pyro lights up the symbol as the fans continue to cheer. When he lowers his fist, the symbol rises again and the music ides down as he stands beside Joe Morgan.

Morgan: Thank you for taking the time to join me here tonight. At Starrcade, you wrestled against your own son, Marcus Damone, and Marcus was the winner. You said that this would be the end of the retirement tour and your final match. The obvious question is, will this really be the end?

Morgan extends the mic to Jarel to allow him to answer. The Dragon takes a few moments to gather his thoughts before responding.

"Joe, is it? I'm not sure how closely you've followed my career, but I've been at this almost two decades. It's been a long run in so many different companies. I've forgotten the names of some of the places I've worked. I have been both a wrestler and owner or booker. I owned my own companies, two of them in fact. WWCW and most famously XCW. And to be fair, I tried to retire once before. Years ago, the first time I won the WWFG World Heavyweight title. Back when they had two shows and full rosters. In fact, you may know the man that I had what was supposed to be my last match against, Cyrus Leone, the general manager of the other show here, Crusade. I told the boss at the time that I was done. But bit by bit, I was lured back. I was convinced, and accurately so, that I could still do more. So I came back there and several other places. I won championships, and had some of the best matches of my career. But in the past few years, I've come to the realization that the end was truly near. Years of regular matches alone would take their toll, but add in all the hell in a cell, the street fights, the Pandora's Box match, ladder matches, and that toll gets so much worse. And then, finally, WWFG announced that it was closing its doors. With the close of the place that was almost like home to me, the federation I was with the longest, I knew it was time to go."

Joe takes the mic back. "You've been on a retirement tour since the final Wrestlemania of WWFG. What made Starrcade the place to bring it to an end?"

Joe returns the mic for Jarel to answer.

"There's no great revelation to give you for why Starrcade. When I began the tour, the goal was to have a few more matches with opponents I wanted to face. Or opponents that wanted to face me. I talked it over with my siblings who had gone out before me. Zarel and Janelle had their final matches here against my nephew and niece, Andre and Zarya. We were the first generation and it was time for us to let the next generation take over. They came back one more time for me, to face down the Leone family and settle that grudge. But they kept on me. I didn't have to continue on anymore. So I set the goal, Starrcade, the biggest show of the year. And I chose the one person that I could accept as my final opponent, my son."

Again Joe takes the mic back. "Why Marcus? Why not go out against a hated enemy to maybe defeat them one last time or a rival you respect to settle a score? Why Marcus and not Andre?"

Jarel sighs as the mic is brought towards him again, using a hand to push his hair back from his face before answering. "There was an idea for the first generation. If our time came, if we couldn't perform like we used to anymore, someone in the family would have to be the one to tell us. When we discovered that the children had decided to enter the business, we wanted to be sure that they would be on the right path before we left. The year before the final Wrestlemania, Marcus and I were headed for a match, then that show never happened. When I came here to the GWA, I knew it would have to happen. It simply didn't happen on my terms."

Joe: I assume you are referring to the match you had against your younger brother, Drako, in which a spear from Marcus was perhaps the deciding factor in Drako defeating you to gain full ownership of the company.

Jarel nods, with what could be a smirk on his face. "The fact is, I am under exclusive contract to GWA. I didn't choose that match at the time, but I was ordered to do so. I don't follow a lot of orders but I had things left to do. In the end, I lost because of Marcus. And if you know anything about me, you know that I hold grudges. I dealt with the Umbras, then I had the issue with the Leones. It was time for some life lessons for my son. So I handed him his first ever defeat. It may have been Axel pinning him, but it was my punch that laid him out. Since he got involved in my business, I hit him where it hurt, his undefeated streak. That's how we got to Starrcade but your real question is what happens now." Jarel stops and looks out into the audience. "There's one thing no wrestler can truly escape, and that's the ravages of time. That's not a metaphor, that's not a shot at anyone, that's acknowledgement that we are in fact human no matter what moniker we've given ourselves. I am getting on in years. Now, did I intend to lose my final match? No, but I said that this was the end and I meant that. This match at Starrcade was the last match I will have. I have nothing else left to achieve, nothing really left undone. I have been a champion across multiple federations, I have main evented Wrestlemania and wrestled on similarly spectacular shows. I can bring my career to a close with a clear conscience. I came out here tonight at your request simply to make that clear. This is my final farewell. And while I can't say I'll never appear again, I will never wrestle another match. It's finally time for me to retire to the Den and be at rest."

Jarel steps away and his music begins to play one last time. He looks up as the Dragon symbol lowers to the ring again. He steps up onto a platform on the symbol and it rises off into the rafters