Welcome to Gaia! ::

Warriors: Dreams of War

Back to Guilds

Gaia B/c based on the Erin Hunter Warriors series. Rp based Pet shop! 

Tags: warriors, Cats, Wars, Dreams 

Reply Archive
[Kit Contest] It's Raiding Time! [OVER]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LOOKING FOR GROUP!
  Tank!
  Healer!
  DPS!
View Results

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:48 pm
LOOK MA A DRAGON!
Sounds like a Raid's about to happen....

Nati and I find ourselves needing to give a cute little kit a home!

User Image

Surely they have big plans in life, right?
Like....who doesn't wanna be a raid boss that a group of random adventurers come in, beat up and take loot from?
What a life, man.

In order to win this kit, build them into a raid boss!
While you don't need to know anything about World of Warcraft to enter, I'm including some links to well-known raid bosses to maybe give you ideas!
Onyxia || Illidan Stormrage || The Lich King || Deathwing ||
Garrosh Hellscream || Blackhand || Argus the Unmaker || Jaina Proudmoore
I don't play other MMO's much, but if you want to draw from FF14, SWTOR,or other MMO's with raids/raid bosses, please feel free to!

While two of this kit's sibling are named after types of dragons (Wyvern and Drake), their Father's name is Dragon and their future aunt is Fae, you may either continue with the trend or go with a name like Zilla's!
Here's a list of legendary creatures you may use as well!

Simply fill the form below out and post it!
If you have any questions, please reach out to me on Discord, do not PM me!
May the toughest (or most unique) raid boss win!

[b][color=violet][u][size=18]Look Pa, I'm A Raid Boss![/size][/u][/color][/b]
[size=11][b]Kit's Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Abilities:[/b] What abilities do they use? Describe them in as much or as little detail as you want!

[b]Tank Mechanics:[/b] Are there mechanics the tanks need to be aware of? Stacks of debuffs? Movement?
[b]Healer Mechanics:[/b] Do the healers need to dispell? Save cooldowns for a damage-heavy moment?
[b]DPS Mechanics:[/b] Are the DPS responsible for anything? Or do they just pew-pew their life away?

[b]Phases:[/b] How many phases are there? (Maximum of 3 here) Describe them is as much or as little detail as you want!
[b]Extra 'Mythic' Phases?:[/b] Usually bosses on the hardest difficulty have extra phases, do they?

[b]Anything else?:[/b] Phrases they say during battle? When the heroes lose? When they go down? Personality? Loot drops? Optional area here!
[/size]

This will close 3 days* after I've gotten at LEAST 4 entries!
Good luck, have fun!

*In the event that a month passes with under 4 entries, we reserve the right to distribute the kit through other means.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:50 pm
(just in case post)  

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

AlicornPlayhouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:53 pm
Look Pa, I'm A Raid Boss!
Kit's Name: Griffin

Abilities: This raid boss is an interesting creature. Despite it's seemingly short tail, one of it's main attacks is a bone inside. The bone will stretch though, almost growing on command, which it would then use to swipe at it's opponents. It seems to not be the tail that regenerates, though, It has the ability to regenerate bones, and, while this doesn't seem to give it any health left, it makes immobilizing the creature a useless feat. Break it's leg and you're out of luck. The health will be deducted, but it will still be able to regenerate and move around as needed. Other than this, it seems to be a pretty standard creature, claws, a thick outer skin that acts as an armor, and razor sharp teeth.

Tank Mechanics: This creature moves very fluidly, it's almost unnaturally smooth and easily can fit through spaces and swerve with ease. Tanks should watch out for it's tail, as when it starts twitching, that means it's about to grow the bone to attack.
Healer Mechanics: This creatures attacks do a lot of damage, but with quite long periods of cooldown between their big attacks. It's best to wait until after a large attack before healing as to not waste it.
DPS Mechanics: This creature hoards other bones! This is actually what gives it their regeneration power, eating the bones of opponents it's defeated. If the DPS can secure all the bones and throw them into fire pits located in the creatures pit, it will lose its power to regenerate!

Phases: ( Assuming these are what I researched them to be XD ) If you defeat the creature, any other times you go to the cave, it will be a bright green, covered in vines and leaves, any bones remaining decorated with flowers poking everywhere.
Extra 'Mythic' Phases?: They do not!

Anything else?: This animal creates a mixture of loud purring rumbles during battles, as though excited. As well as what sounds to be a weird chirping growl. If the heroes lose, their remains will be added to it's collection of food source for it's power until the next fighters come along. If you defeat the creature, which torments local towns for sacrifices to continue it's lifestyle of bone-monching, you will earn the respect of the nearby towns. The creature, despite seeming evil in how it acts, during the fight it's happy noises could almost be seen as playful. Had it none been for the whole sacrificial thing, one could assume it sees this as a game. Maybe it does, maybe the sacrifices are a game too? Who knows! When you kill this creature, you will earn a large skull, the beasts skull! It seems to be fragmented and cracked with odd symbols, flowers will sprout from it if it is placed with water and sunlight, a nice decoration piece, and likely expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:17 pm
Kit's Name: Quetzalcoatl (Coatl for short)

Abilities: Coatl uses her speed, not really her teeth or claws.

Tank Mechanics: Coatl is quick on her toes, but not too high in health. With this, she is known to rely on her agility and endurance to tire out the enemy.
Healer Mechanics: Influenced by the winds and travel, Coatl can organically heal themselves time over time. They are not really a tank, but rather an agile healer.
DPS Mechanics: Once Coatl gets close to the enemy, she will strike as many times as she can with such precision and speed that the enemy will not notice themselves injured until fatigued.

Phases: Coatl has three small phases. She is the third of her litter, and is pretty small. :3
Extra 'Mythic' Phases?: "MOMMMYYY!! DADDDYY!!"

Anything else?: "You don't want to hurt me. 3: "

xKOVAKtheWOLFx

Trash

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:41 am
Kit's Name: Golem

Abilities: This raid boss appears rock solid! With an overwhelming HP store, it's difficult to actually damage this boss. It's recommended to take down this boss, you need a large party, in order to chip away at its health. This is all in part to its "Rock Golem Fur" ability. While it's easy to hit, on account of it's large size, it can take upwards of twenty minutes to defeat this boss... Unless you know the secret way to defeat them, that is.

Tank Mechanics: This raid boss will throw rocks at oncoming enemies. However, once it is out of rock ammo, it will charge to retrieve them. The rocks themselves don't cause significant damage (minor to medium, depending on the size of the rock thrown and if it was a direct hit or if they sidelined your avatar.) However, the speedy deadbolt to retrieve the rocks is a heavy hitter. Tanks are advised to get out of the way fast, unless they intend on being trampled! Note: 15% chance of getting stunned if you are within range of the raid boss' paws when it charges.
Healer Mechanics: After all of its rocks have been retrieved via frantic dashes to get them, the boss will have a small cool down period, where it will lay atop of its rocks and recharge. Healers can take this chance to heal stunned or trampled comrades!
DPS Mechanics: While they could spend their time helping the tanks chip away at the health of the raid boss, it took one clever DPS player who figured out that after the raid boss threw its rock, the players could pick up those rocks! Upon picking up one of the rocks, the raid boss' focus shifted to the bearer of the rock and its movements would become more erratic. What's the benefit of picking up this rock if you're going to become the sole target of this raid boss' wrath? It's HP bar starts to go down on its own! Faster depending on how many of its rocks are in the possession of players (4 rocks are the max it throws out) if you play your timing right and don't get sliced to pieces as it tries to retrieve its rocks, you could very well defeat this boss, simply by holding onto a rock and dodging claws.

Phases: Rock-a By Kitty - When you first encounter this raid boss, it's in a stone cave and blends in with its rocky surroundings. However, if you turn up the volume for your headphones as you walk around the cave, you hear a soft snoring under the dungeon's theme, that will get louder as you get closer to the hidden raid boss. Once you reach the point in the cave where it's the loudest, you need to "attack" the wall closest and that is how your raid boss will be revealed. Seemingly falling out of the wall itself (or maybe it was the wall this whole time... look at how big this thing is!) the fight will begin as the raid boss opens its maw in a massive, yowling yawn.

My Precioussss! - If all four rocks should be picked up by various players (only one rock per player, so it's advisable to have a party 4+ against this raid boss), this raid boss will grow to twice its size, becoming a lumbering, bristling, yowling mess. Its dash attacks will hit heavier damage and the chance of being stunned will increase to 30% if you're in range.

Rock Clawbster - The raid boss has been defeated! Whether it was through stolen rocks or patiently chipping away at its health, it grumbles about nap time as it sidles over to a wall, dropping loot on the way as slumps against the wall. However, this time, instead of merely seeing a stone wall, you see a stone cat, with large claws and fangs, "asleep" among the stone.
Extra 'Mythic' Phases?: While it has no extra Mythic phases, there was a holiday event, years ago, its stone cavern was decorated with glowing red and green crystals. When you defeated the boss in this event, it would retreat under a triangular stone slab that had these crystals jutting out of it, making it look suspiciously similar to a holiday tree adorned with twinkling lights upon it.

Anything else?: Main Battle Phrases: "I'm about to rock your world!" "You might talk the talk, but I rock the rock!"
When Heroes Lose: "Cat beats mouse, but ROCK BEATS CAT!"
When Heroes Win: "Maybe I should take up rock gardening instead..."
Loot Drops: Crystals, petrified wood pieces, and the super rare "Golem's First Tooth" are drops that can be crafted into boosted weapons or sold at shops for high prices.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:59 pm
Kit's Name: West (Western Dragon)

Abilities: Zombie Ground ability, West would use all the forces he knew to putrefy the opponent and let them suffer through the rounds getting weaker and weaker, and not allowing them the ability to heal as medicines only make it worse. He thrives off their suffering. So the location of the battle does not allow for healing the zombie ability in any way, basically you have to take him out before you die... or... when you die use phoenix down to heal up but definitely not a boss you should take on alone. Pretty much you are walking into the marsh, if you can lead him out of the marshy zombie area, you may stand a chance.

While he does have some heavy armor like abilities to absorb heavy hits he is ridiculously slow to move, no need for haste in this battle.

Tank Mechanics: He is super slow, but melee damages do not do well So they should probably be multi talented hitters with some spell hits or at the very least armor break.
Healer Mechanics: The poor healers kinda get to sit on their hands this round. With the whole team being zombie any healing spells will just hurt the team, thus they should really be concentrating on Holy spells, as that will be a solid weakness to this boss. Or as a secret unfathomable concept you can use healing spells on him that will do massive damage. But not many people attempt throwing potions at the enemy. And he isnt listed as zombie so its just a secret weakness to him. Max Revive type thing would be a OHKO, though its probably hard to get those early in the game, and this weakness will go away later in the game. Later game play its back to launching holy spells.
DPS Mechanics: Same as the tanks, once they get in there they arent in too much danger and would be able to take their second turn to dodge out of range, this would allow them to get a few hits in, but that being said melee attacks still are nerfed and thus they need to get through with a different tactic. If they have long range there is no need to rush in and out but hopefully they have leveled up piercing damage on arrows. (probably one of the best ways to go at him.)

Phases: Uncreatively only 1, because it takes the a village to raise a hero and he would be a lower level boss. But he would be devastating to an unfit team. Especially since he would be fought before unlocking Zombieproof armor abilities. I mean he could have a tail swipe or claw attack that like teeters them to their limit once they get him to the red but the inability to heal is already hard enough. So with out super phoenix down or two healers on a team... it doesnt really work. So just the one.... but he will still make you ready to toss the controller.
Extra 'Mythic' Phases?: Nupe, although would be awesome if he came back stronger and more deadly like an end battle. like he is your first fight and while you are becoming a hero he is getting beefed up too! So he comes back later with a stacking zombie curse ability that they take heavier damage if they get caught in his circle of range in the main of the battle.(Based on your previous fight positions.)

Anything else?: As they trigger the battle the screen is black until the voice speaks. "Who defies the darkness... and dares to wake me from my sleep." Then eyes flash open and you enter the battle.

If the player dies, he says as they die at his claws, "Yes, sleep now... for kindness shines only in the dark!" (Which is a clue as to really beat him easily. Cough hack put your healers on the front lines xD)

When they are defeated they give a roar of outrage and then spew something like. "Your light shines too bright." And he runs.

As for drops i figure he would drop a jewel or cats eye marble type thing! Probably when equipped make them zombieproof.

He personally is that villain that you always smile at. Like he isnt an ugly teeth gnashing monster, more the svelte smooth talker. The one you wish you could recruit even though you know they would just kill you in your sleep later.

caffeinecraving
Vice Captain

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:47 pm
So, I am honestly really, REALLY impressed that those of you who entered took the time to research what goes into a raid boss encounter. Like, I wish there was a bigger litter so that everyone could get one.

That said, There's usually a favored raid boss in a raid....

Golem , you make one heck of a raid boss! Welcome to the family!
belloblossom

But wait, that's not all!

Again, because I'm super impressed that you guys even took the time to research what goes into a raid boss, even though we don't have more kits, I'd like to give you all a chance to get some art of one of your cats by me!
Right now I can only do traditional, but once I get a tablet you're free to ask me to redo whatever I do for you in digital!
Go ahead and post the image of the cat of your choice in this thread (Maybe with a small personality blurb), and when I have downtime you'll get some art of them!
(Also, let me know if you're okay with style experimentation....ahaha.....)
Thank you guys for participating, it really made me happy heart

AlicornPlayhouse

xKOVAKtheWOLFx

caffeinecraving

belloblossom

Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items