Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[PRP] Finally Settled (Samira x Tatyana)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:48 pm
User ImageThe sun was setting in spectacular fashion, the sky burning bright and furious with reds and golds and purples. Samira watched from her perch upon the top of her rocky den, one that hundreds of Ela had slept in during their migrations around their territory. Taking a deep breath of the slowly cooling air, she let out a sigh of contentment. She'd been alu'nadi for a few years now and finally felt comfortable in her skin, taking authority when needed, tattooing her clan as they grew. She'd taught and help raise the Sky clan's nvwati, a position that had been empty since she'd joined as alu'nadi and he'd been in his roll for well over a year now as well. Everything was finally settled into place and she could relax.

It allowed her mind to wander, to think of what else she wanted to do now that she was confident in her abilities to lead her clan. And that next step involved her beloved mate, Tatyana. He had been a marriage of convenience, a political move to hopefully draw the more traditional Ela to her side. He was a gentlelion and very kind and over the years love had blossomed between them, making their mateship all the easier to have. Samira was forever grateful for his gentle nudging in the right direction when she had questions about the Ela's traditions or ways of thinking and he had always stood behind her without wavering. It was finally time to focus on them.

Taking one last look at the sunset, Samira hopped off the top of the den and moved into the semi darkness within.

"Tatyana?" she called out, her voice echoing in the rocky space. "Are you up?"

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:55 am
SilverLutz

User ImageAs with most males of the ela’wadiyi Tatyana was a small male, he was fine with this, he had no need to fight or go to war. He’d lived his life in relative peace and quiet. He could hardly be called a spring chicken either, though he certainly wasn’t quite past his prime he was certainly of a certain age.

It had been a few years since he had migrated over to the Sky clan. He had been born in the bird clan and until Samira had asked him for help he had been quite happy to be an old bachelor. Of course that had changed dramatically and while his life occasionally felt like it had been turned upside down, it was a good thing.

He’d admired Samira since the day he had met her, admired her strength and he had provided what he could to the partnership. Mainly years of experience plus a lineage that harkened back to original members of the pride.

He had always been a proud and gentle soul and his adoration for Samira had grown in to a deep caring love. One born from years of simply being together. The mouth of the den they currently resided in together faced out in to the golden sunset and while he was admiring the ever changing pallet that the gods painted every evening his musings were interrupted by his ladies voice. “Just watching the sun set. Do you ever wonder why the sky looks different every night?” he chuckled a rough gentle laugh, he was pretty sure he had probably asked Samira this question before, but it was a question he enjoyed asking.

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:34 am
The question was a common one but one that made Samira smile all the same. She glanced behind her again to take in the view, enjoying the way the dark rocks framed the burning sun and the colorful sky beyond.

"I know you do," she teased, looking back at her mate with a smile. "I think it's because the gods like a little variety in life and what better way to do it than with the sky?" It didn't hurt anyone and still showed just how powerful and beautiful the sky could be.

"It's nice that things have settled, isn't it?" she said as she moved the rest of the way into the den, bumping her forehead fondly against Tatyana's. Given his small size Samira stood a bit taller than him but his fluffy mane made it seem like he was larger than her when they were laying down. Standing up it was clear to see she was the larger of the two, even if she wasn't a terribly large lion herself.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:57 am
SilverLutz

The silver male rolled over ever so slightly so he could get to his paws. Having answered his question he couldn’t help but chuckle. Perhaps the way things had turned out had been fate, he wasn’t really sure but one thing was for certain he was happy.

Padding closer to his lady mate he brushed his cheek against hers and smiled a nose wrinkling smile. “So many strange things have happened since you came here Samira. It feels as though the world has righted itself though.” He chuckled. The world felt so calm after it had seemingly been turned upside down by the gods.

“The world is so different now, yet it’s exactly the same as it has always been.” He mused “perhaps that it why the sky is never the same to show us that today is not yesterday.” He pondered this thought for a moment before shrugging his shoulders. “I am glad you finally feel settled, it has been a long road to get here. I am very privileged that you chose me to walk it with you.” He paused for a moment and breathed a slow relaxing sigh “I am happy.”

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:05 pm
Samira nodded slightly in agreement - things had gotten very tumultuous for a few months there and there had been a lot of uncertainty in the pride. Things had mellowed out and although she was still on watch to ensure nothing happened to her clan, the peace that followed the strange flashes in the sky and shaking of the earth was almost like a promise. Things wouldn't be like that again for some time.

"Today is not yesterday," she agreed with a smile. "And tomorrow is not today. Nothing is promised but much is possible. I'm glad you're happy," Samira added fondly. She knew Tatyana had left a lot behind in joining her on this journey and he had sacrificed a lot, but to know he was content made her more eager to pose her question to him.

"I think," she said as she looked back out at the setting sun. "That we've done a lot of work for this clan, and now it's time to work on our clan." Glancing back at her mate, Samira's smile grew just a bit.

"So long as you're willing, of course. I think we've earned it to be a bit selfish for a while. I've been thinking about it for some time now and I was hoping you would be interested in being a father." Tatyana was a bit older than her but he certainly wasn't past his prime. A few more years perhaps and he might not have the energy to chase after cubs, but for now he certainly would be able to help.

Syrius Lionwing

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff