Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Brian's Journey to Galar Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:22 pm
Instructed by GRAY to deliver a crate to Galar as part of his first official mission as a member of Team Snagem, Brian now finds himself standing in front of Vermilion City Pokemon Center, the team's Claydol floating at his side with the crate between them. He was instructed to catch a ship leaving for Galar at the port, many of which were currently leaving that way to join in on the festivities currently taking place there. Looks like it was time for him to get started and see what he can't do to find a ride.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:03 pm
SubonicXP

Brian nodded in response to GRAY's instructions to take the crate to Vermillion City and board a ship from there. Before he could ask who he was supposed to take the crate to, he was teleported, along with Lu and the crate, in front of the Pokemon Center in Vermillion City. It took him a moment to clear his head from the sudden teleport, and he recalled Lu and asked Claydoll to lift the crate via telekenesis. There was no way he would be able to carry the thing by himself, so why not get help while he had the chance. It didn't take him long to locate a ship bound for Galar, and he found a ticket booth and purchased a ticket before boarding the ship.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:38 pm
DragonFang099

The ship Brian found himself on was called the 'Krab Boss' and was painted orange and white with a stylized Kingler painted on the side of it. Evidently the owner was a fan of the Pokemon. Krab Boss was one of many ships hired by the port to ferry people to Galar, Vermilion City themselves facing a shortage of ships compared to the demand. As such the ship wasn't always used for transporting civilians from region to region and Brian could smell it, the scent of crab soaked into every part of the vessel. This ship was originally a crabbing boat.

There wasn't too many other passengers aboard, the smell and thought of riding on a crab boat apparently had kept many away but unfortunately for Brian this was all that was available when he came around. Claydol would follow the trainer and telepathically float the crate along with it as they moved onto the observation deck. It was there where Brian would be confronted by another passenger, a young man around his own age with spiky blonde hair.

"Hey! You!" The boy shouted. "What's your problem!?" He demanded to know. Did Brian do something wrong already?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:18 pm
SubonicXP

Brian saw the name 'Krab Boss' on the side of the ship he'd boarded, and the intense smell of crab told him this was originally a crabbing boat. The smell didn't bother him all that much; he'd smelled worse and survived. He noticed that there weren't many other passengers aboard, which was understandable due to the smell. He wasn't deterred that this was the only ship he could get passage on; any ship was better than none. He made sure Claydoll was still following him, floating the crate along as they moved to the observation deck.

A moment later, a voice caused him to turn around, and he saw a young man about his age with spiky blonde hair demanding to know what his problem was. "I'm sorry, did I do something wrong?" he asked. His voice and stance were completely calm, though he eyed the boy to make sure he wasn't carrying some kind of weapon.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:56 pm
DragonFang099

A moment later, a voice caused him to turn around, and he saw a young man about his age with spiky blonde hair demanding to know what his problem was. "I'm sorry, did I do something wrong?" he asked. His voice and stance were completely calm, though he eyed the boy to make sure he wasn't carrying some kind of weapon.

"Did you do something wrong!? Are you kidding me!?" He loudly asked, the young man positively furious over something that Brian apparently did. Fortunately he didn't seem to be carrying any weapon of any kind, just very upset about something. "You almost knocked my Charmander into the water back on the docks and took my bag after you pushed me over! Now give it back!" He demanded of Brian. None of this made sense though, Brian didn't encounter anyone on the docks, at least not up close and personal and he most certainly didn't push anyone or try to send a Charmander to a watery death. None of this added up.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:04 pm
SubonicXP

Brian was confused by the young man's accusations. He hadn't encountered anyone up close at the docks, other than the ticket vendor. And why would he randomly push someone, then steal from them? "I'm sorry, I think ye must have confused with someone else," he said. "Ye're the first person I've encountered since coming to Veridian City, but I didn't steal anything from ye. And I would never be so callous as to try and push yer Charmander into the water on purpose. The bag I'm wearing was given to me back in Hoenn." He had no idea why this guy was accusing him of nearly killing his Charmander or stealing from him.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:32 pm
DragonFang099

"Agh! Enough talk! Charmander!" The young man shouted, releasing his little fire lizard who immediately, somehow, recognized Brian. "Ember!" He ordered, the Charmander promptly executing the attack by spewing from its open maw a flurry a tiny little balls of fire directly at Brian himself. If even the Charmander was convinced that Brian had harmed it and its trainer in some way then there were only two possible explanations to what was going on; there was someone sinister going around that looked similar to him or someone was purposely posing as him. Whichever one it was he wouldn't have time to figure out at the moment, instead he had to focus on not having his hair burned off.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:39 pm
SubonicXP

Brian barely had time to react as the young man called out his Charmander and ordered an Ember attack on him. Fine, if that's the way it has to be, he thought, but before he could call her out, Lu was standing in front of him, an angry look on her face at the thought of someone purposely harming her trainer. "Quick Attack, Lu!" he said, his voice calm. The Riolu didn't even respond, shooting forward in a white stream of light and hoping that she might hit her opponent.

While this was happening, Brian's mind was racing. Was there someone posing as him? What would be the reasoning behind that? He was a simple guy, who wanted to be the best he could and help both people and Pokemon. This guy had definitely mistaken him for someone else, but he couldn't worry about that now; right now he had to worry about the battle taking place.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:35 pm
DragonFang099

The Riolu was fast, too fast for Charmander and his trainer as Lu slammed into the Charmander and sent it flying off the ground, hitting it with a hard thud. It was in that brief moment that Brian spotted a strange face beyond the young man he was battling, on the other side of the ship. It was his face. Someone was impersonating him and from the looks of it did a pretty good job. When the other 'Brian' locked eyes with the original he seemed to panic and quickly scurried off out of view. It was at this time that Charmander and its trainer regathered themselves and continued the battle.

"Hit it with a Fire Fang!" The trainer ordered, Charmander giving off a growl before rushing towards Riolu, flames flickering from its open maw.

Did Brian really have time for this battle while a fake was running around making him look bad? No, he didn't, this battle did not have priority and furthermore this only complicated what seemed like a simple delivery mission. Either way he had some choices to make. Either finish this battle and risk the impostor getting away or end it now and track down the fake.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:45 pm
SubonicXP

Brian didn't react when Lu slammed into the Charmander and sent it flying. In the short moment the Fire-type was off the ground, Brian caught sight of a familiar face beyond the young man. He was stunned to see his own face staring back at him, especially from just how much this doppleganger looked like him. Why was this person impersonating him? There wasn't much time to act when the double scurried off after locking eyes with Brian.

He heard the trainer's order to use Fire Fang, but even though he wanted to continue the battle, he needed to track down his double. "Lu, leave it for now," he said, making the Riolu look at him in surprise. "We've got a doppleganger to track down." Hearing this, Lu remembered the face she'd seen when she'd sent the Charmander flying, and a low growl formed in her throat. Nobody posed as her trainer without facing the consequences. Forgoing the urge to battle, the two took off after the double, hoping to catch him and find out just what he was up to.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:02 pm
DragonFang099

"Hey! Wait! Where do you think you're going!? Come back here!" The trainer demanded as he and his Charmander, who had just rushed past the fleeing Riolu and stumbled after missing his mark, watched Brian and his Pokemon take off. This was a first one for both of them, a trainer actually running from a battle. Neither really knew what to do other than verbally protest.

Since the young man didn't really stop Brian he was free to chase off after the impostor, taking a sharp turn at the bow of the ship and startling some Wingull that were perched on the railing there. When he arrived on the other side of the deck he found the impostor hunched over with his back facing Brian, apparently catching his breath, a Dodrio standing in front of the imposter, two of the faces looking down at the impostor with concern and the other screeching at the real Brian to alert its apparent trainer.

"...!?" The impostor said nothing as he jumped around and looked at the true Brian with a shocked expression, mustering up what little energy they had left to feebly run off, leaving the Dodrio behind to use Growl at Brian and Riolu to try and intimidate them while its trainer fled. The fake Brian wasn't making it very far very fast so there was still time to stop him, just had to get around the Dodrio.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:25 pm
SubonicXP

Brian ignored the trainer yelling after him to come back. "Ye want yer bag back, right?" he called over his shoulder. "That's what I'm doing." Knowing the young man wouldn't stop him out of shock of him running from the battle, he kept going, Lu running beside him. He ignored the Wingull he startled, trying to keep the impostor in sight. It wasn't hard to find him, hunched over and trying to catch his breath with a Dodrio standing next to him.

Brian could see the impostor wasn't very fit, unlike Brian, who had spent his time as a child playing with Pokemon. Their sudden appearance startled the Dodrio, and the impostor took off again, but Brian was ready for it this time. "Lu, Quick Attack his legs, stop him from getting away!" he ordered. Though he would normally never order an attack on another trainer, this one was a thief, and Brian was determined to make sure he didn't get away. Lu nodded and shot forward again, passing through the legs of the Dodrio and hoping she hit her target.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:32 pm
DragonFang099

Lu made it under the much taller and skinny legged Dodrio without a problem, the three heads unable to work together that quickly to stop the little Riolu from slipping through and thus were aware but helpless to help their trainer out in that brief moment. Lu would crash right into the fleeing fake Brian, its momentum making up for its lack of weight as the Riolu tackled the impostor to the ground.

"H-hey! I'm sorry!" Fake Brian plead, laying on his back with Lu sitting on top of him. Dodrio quickly stomped forward, delivering a few Fury Attack strikes at Lu before its trainer called it off. "Down boy! No! It's okay!" He said, strangely calling off the Dodrio. If really wanted to get away why didn't he let it deal with Lu? Nothing was adding up yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:05 pm
SubonicXP

Brian watched as Lu made it past the Dodrio with ease, though as she tackled the impostor to the ground, the Flying/Normal-type turned and launched a Fury Attack at Lu, who was sitting on the impostor's chest with an angry look on her face. Brian was surprised when the trainer called off his Dodrio. Why call it off if he really wanted to get away? What in the world was going on?

"So, care to explain what ye're doing?" he asked, walking forward with a frown on his face. "What was the purpose of impersonating me? And why steal from someone else?" He was going to get answers, whether the trainer wanted to answer or not.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:34 pm
DragonFang099

"It was all an accident, I promise." Fake Brian said, 'his' voice turning softer and more feminine as 'he' spoke. Something even weirder was going on. "Here, let me show you...if I can just get up." The impostor said, waiting for Lu to get off of 'his' chest. When the Riolu complied, or was ordered to, the impostor would get up and turned around to face away from them. For a moment it looked like they would flee but alas they did not. When Fake Brian turned back around Real Brian would no longer be looking at his own face but rather the face of a young girl.

"I'm so sorry." She said, almost fighting back tears. "They call me The Copycat. As you can see I'm really good at changing my appearance, learned from my Ditto." As if on cue her 'hair'. which was identical to Brian's. turned pink and goo and fell off her head, plopping to the floor.

"Ditto!" The former head of hair declared as a thin smile and beady eyes appeared on it.

"You see, I'm heading to Galar to participate in the World Champion Cup as part of Team Kanto and I was so super nervous that I missed the ship for our team and had to take this one. To calm myself down I thought I would practice my mimicry and on my way here I saw you on the docks and decided to try copying you. I didn't think you would actually be boarding the same ship as me." She said, laughing nervously.

"As for that kid...who is understandably really mad at me, that was also an accident. When we got on board I released Dodrio here who helps me get the voice right of who I mimic, he can mimic voices very well. Well that Charmander came by and its tail flame singed Dodrio's foot while it wasn't looking and startled him causing him to kick the Charmander nearly off board and run off, knocking over the kid and his backpack getting stuck on its foot. I managed to calm Dodrio down but by that time the kid caught up and saw me with his bag and started yelling at me. I didn't know what to do and got nervous so I kind of...ran...here." She explained, then presenting Brian with the other kid's bag.

"Could you give this to him and tell him I'm sorry? I...have anxiety problems, it's why I like to mimic people and put on disguises, it helps." The Copycat said as she lowered her eyes in shame.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff