Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:19 pm
User Image

Strength and skill in battle.

That's what the Mantis Clan was supposed to be known for. Strength and skill. Diwali had never been able to make up her mind about where she stood in the hierarchy of battle prowess in her clan, and with little else like a husband to distract her, it was becoming something of an obsession. Especially since another year had passed where she didn't sign up for the tournament, the one time a year they had a chance to show off. To maybe even learn something from each other in the field.

But how was she supposed to train better? Obviously they tried but if she wanted to stand out, she needed something more than the rest. Picking fights constantly was not the style of any of the Ela'wadiyi, even this clan.. hunting was her best bet but it was generally frowned upon to play with your food.

So she was pacing restlessly, far enough away from the clan that she could go hunting on her own but struggling to make up her mind. Should she try to hunt for faster, smaller prey? Or birds? But stealth was hardly a skill in face to face combat.. maybe she'd be better off leaning into dad's side of the family, but Shadow wasn't her clan.

Ugh!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hueneme was currently stalking a butterfly; a rather pretty subject for her attention span. She was hoping to catch it for her mother, perhaps some sort of trinket could be made from its wings. And although she was a decent huntress, when it came to stalking something so small, Hueneme wasn't very skilled at getting close enough to catch it.

"Ah, nooo! Come back!" Another failure to capture, and the butterfly flew off towards the sky, far too high for Hueneme to catch it.

"Aww, I guess I gotta find something else to do now." She didn't have a part in hunting today, but the brown and white female needed something to keep herself occupied. Being a little loud usually meant someone would notice, and perhaps approach her...  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:17 pm
Hueneme's cries reached the restless ears of her dear aunt Diwali. It didn't sound urgent but it was something so she decided to investigate. When she spotted the other lioness, she seemed to be talking to the sky and the sudden urge to sneak up on her struck.

It wasn't battle but it was still fun, she thought with a smirk. Then she crouched down and started slowly creeping towards Hueneme, watching her every move and listening for any sign she had been spotted in the process.

Just one good scream, that would be perfect..

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:53 am
Hueneme looked back down to the grass, but she felt herself still looking upwards to see if the butterfly had calmed down and returned closer to the earth. Unfortunately, she lost sight of it as it has seemingly disappeared in the moment she had looked away. Her ears flattened a bit in disappointment,

"Fine, I didn't need you anyway," she sulked to herself. She was suddenly overwhelmed with indecision on what to do next. Should she go find another potential butterfly, or settle for a less... alive gift? Perhaps she should see if her father needed help with anything. Life had been rather quiet lately, but the green eyed lioness didn't seem to mind too much, as long as she could keep her paws busy with silly little tasks.

She really should be working on her own skills, as she was completely unaware that anyone else was even near her at the moment.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:07 am
Diwali could sense the melancholy in the air as she got closer and closer to her niece, but she was too deep into her plan to wonder if maybe now was not the time to be sneaking up on her. Surely this game would cheer her up and there was no way it could backfire!

"HUENEME!!"

She launched herself out of the grass and directly at the other lioness. Unable to get quite as close as she had hoped before being certain she would be spotted, she ended up aiming more of a tackle than a shove. If Hueneme's reaction time was too quick, Diwali would end up face first in the dirt.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:01 am
Before the lioness could decide on her next task, everything seemed to have stopped. A sudden yell of her name made her jump out of her skin, and she felt herself howl in fear.

"Ahhh!"

Her heart seemed to have stopped beating for a slight moment, which kept her absolutely rigid. It also meant that she got body slammed by the attacking lioness, and felt herself go down hard. At least it only seemed to have knocked the wind out of her, but Hueneme was in a bit of a daze for a moment.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:09 am
Diwali only had a second to make sure her feet didn't get tangled around Hueneme and to do her best to minimize the impact, she even managed to catch herself off guard with how thoroughly successful her sneak attack had been. Carefully positioning herself on top of her crumpled target so they could both still breath, she grinned down at Hueneme.

"Hello!" she said, "What are you doing out here all alone!"

It was plain Diwali had some pent up energy she was getting out, and while she wasn't being malicious she was certainly being careless. She was extremely satisfied with the scream she got out of it.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:26 am
Hueneme's chest heaved as she tried to remember where she was. What she was doing. Who was on top of her? Oh.... it was her aunt. Well.

"Me? What was I...?" She couldn't quit remember, but as she was catching her breath she was beginning to put the pieces together after the shock wore off. "I found a pretty butterfly, and I had been trying to catch it for Mother... but it flew off into the sky. Next thing I knew, you were here!"

She slowly was testing out each of her limbs, making sure that nothing was damaged. Other than feeling a touch sore here or there, she seemed to have landed ok and didn't have any lasting damage.

"And what are you doing here, Aunt Diwali??"  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:34 am
"A butterfly?"

That explained the talking to the air, then. Diwali shifted here and there to allow Hueneme to check herself over but she stayed happily stretched out over the other lioness.

"I was just looking for something to do, actually," she said, deciding to get up and shake herself off, standing at attention before the other, "Do you want any help catching butterflies? I bet I'm good at it!"

It was a stretch to imagine herself as capable as Hueneme, she was raised by some of the best hunters in the clan.. but what she lacked in skill she made up for in enthusiasm and willingness to learn. She could become useful!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:43 am
Well, two would be better than one... at least, Hueneme wondered if they could somehow use their hunting tactics on a butterfly. Corner one, and hope it wouldn't just fly straight upwards like the last one did.

"Oof... yes! Please, let us do this together. You've just got to get off of me first," she laughed and started to wiggle under her aunt's weight. "Unless you want to take a break first, I guess."  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:49 am
Diwali scrambled, looking very pleased to have something to do now. It even sort of incorporated what she had set out to do, though it was very much focused on hunting. It was fine, she could focus on the Subiani in her.

"Yes, yes, of course," she said, "I passed some flowers on my way out here, let's go see if there are any around there."

She only waited long enough for Hueneme to start getting up off the ground before she twirled herself around and hopped off to lead the way.

Fin!  
[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff