Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply 𝔸𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕧𝕖
『✧』Sense and Sensibility Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:19 pm
User ImageUser Image
▱▰▱When he felt Ada's lips press to his he hugged her even more tightly and returned her passion. He was enveloped by a typhoon of emotions from the day that culminated in her beautiful haiku and kiss. It was rare that she took the initiative and he was caught off guard by this as he felt her take the oxygen out of his throat. He gulped some air when she released him from her locked lips. His cheeks were shaded red as he stood for a few additional moments of basking in her presence. "That was...great." Kenshin struggled to find the words to describe their brief yet savored moment of intimacy. He always appreciated how gifted Ada was in romance but never quite as much as he did right now. He smiled down at her one last time before finally untangling himself from her and going into the estate. He took a few more moments to compose himself before stepping out into the training yard. Although he greatly preferred his unique bukijutsu application of the gentle fist he was more than masterful with the traditional taijutsu form as well. His clansmen were receptive to his teaching and precocious as always. And yet, he still felt flustered from Ada's affections and most of his concentration was preoccupied with the preceding events. The way that Ada expressed her gratitude to Hajime for bringing them together and referred to them as mother and father gave him pause. Additionally, he needed to get a grip on this Mahofu lineage news but more precisely on how it was delivered. It was an unusual feeling for Kenshin to be bristled by an action Ada took. What was even more bizarre was his apprehension about confronting her with his concerns. I must be honest and tell her what is troubling me. He reaffirmed this and rehearsed his commitment to honesty. He continued to practice the juken and spar with his Hyuga trainees with complete ease despite his uncharacteristic lack of focus. At one point, Kenshin's frustration caused him to jab his hand more forcefully than necessary into the abdomen of a trainee. He flew back and yelled in pain before landing on his back. He felt embarrassed by his mistake but was too proud to admit to it. "You're vulnerable. Keep up the good work on training." He criticized before bowing to conclude the spar with the students. Despite this, all of the students were excited to learn from him directly and felt that they gained a lot more hands-on instruction than usual.

Yui was absolutely overjoyed when Ada said that she reminded her of her pop idol Selina Rosewater. Then when she thought that her heart could not swell any further she was told that she could be introduced to her. This added even more vigor to Yui's heartfelt singing and dancing. As she laid on her back on the grass she smiled over at Ada and nodded gently. "Of course! I'm just delighted that you let me finish my song, Sir Kenshin did not." She chuckled at how much she remembered Kenshin bristling at her serenade during their poetry lesson regarding how he should tell Ada how he feels. The fact that Ada appreciated her music filled her with even greater resolve to continue dedicating herself to her future lord and lady going forward. "It's all in the little things, my lady, as you know. Sir Kenshin just adores you because of your admirable character. I'm glad I could help him express that with my lessons. I do believe that he's already working on his vows and that this was just a preview. Will...Selina be there?" Excitement lit up in her eyes when she mentioned Selina being at the wedding. She was quite excited at the prospect of meeting her as Yui's hands tightened over her heart in anticipation. "I think you'll be a stupendous wife and mother. I hope that I can teach your children someday." Yui's tone conveyed her sincere loyalty to Kenshin and Ada as well as their potential children. This was a fact that was causing even Kenshin to warm up to her steadily. Yui sat up before taking to her feet again and using her soft hands to lift Ada up. She looked over at her conga band and gave an enthusiastic thumbs up. "Great work as always guys!" They nodded as they packed up their instruments and waved before responding. "Thanks ma'am! Congratulations, Lady Ada!" They offered their congratulations with equal enthusiasm as they quickly left the estate. The band feared the possibility of being scolded by Kenshin for trespassing as Yui politely warned them earlier.

As the conclusion of the hour drew closer, Kenshin walked into the garden area again and approached Ada and Yui. The attendant bowed and recognized that it was time for them to go. "It was delightful to spend this time with you, Lady Ada. I look forward to seeing you both at the wedding!" Yui performed a highly respectful curtsy that was interestingly out of step with her giddy tone of voice. It served as a reminder to Kenshin of her expertise in matters of nobility. "See you then." Kenshin responded sternly as his head nodded to her. He walked with Ada quietly back to the carriage as Yui followed them to the front and waved goodbye joyously. The nobleman helped his fiancee into the carriage as always. Once they were inside they sat and awaited their driver's return. They were going to make good time because of the imperial palace's proximity to Harehoru Estate. He shut the door and waved to Yui before closing the shades of both windows and the privacy screen between them and the driver's seat. He glanced at Ada with a clean in his eyes to indicate that he had matters to discuss with her. His serious facial expression also had a flustered sense from their earlier affections. Suddenly, he pulled Ada into his arms before placing her on his lap. Her legs would hang to the side toward the other side of the seat as Kenshin kept her balanced on him with his interlocked hands on her waist. She would now be able to turn her head to be at eye level with the taller man. His eyes focused on her face with an unorthodox mixture of affection and concern before his flinty tone left his lips. "As I said before, your Mahofu lineage changes nothing, but it's important that I'm the first to know such matters. If you had told me earlier then we could've incorporated it into our agenda. I don't trust Hajime or Ichika and I don't want to learn of anything at the same time as them. Since we're going into this snake pit together I want us to share all information between each other first. Fair?" Kenshin had no desire to be combative or accusatory to Ada over this matter but he was focused on establishing a strong and solitary line of communication between them. He loathed the idea of playing manipulative games with the nobility and he needed Ada to be the person he could wholly trust with all matters. He also wanted to make it clear that he would have preferred being told ahead of time. "Hajime and Ichika threw me away but when Jiro died they begrudgingly named me the heir in his stead five years later. I won't complain of my duty to bear this responsibility but let's not kid ourselves that this makes us some happy family now." Kenshin would respect his grandparents out of duty and tradition but was still profoundly bitter. He also loathed what they stood for and fully intended to right their wrongs in his upcoming reign. "You raised a good point in the meeting about the positive outcome of it all but that was from fate and our efforts in spite of the Hyuga and Rio leaders. They'll get no pardon or credit from me. You, Ada Rio-Kyuri, are the reason I have this life." Kenshin felt that there was no room for credit or love for anybody else in his life. The brutal winter that was his disposition toward Hajime, Ichika, Shojiro, and their accomplices was nearly as intense as the pleasantness of spring in his love and appreciation for Ada. He knew that his reluctance to forgive would continue to be a challenge between him and Ada as he waited patiently for his partner to respond to him. When the carriage driver finally arrived he took his seat at the front and began whipping the horse into the movement toward the palace.

Realizing that time was limited he would listen carefully to Ada but also wanted to quickly put the matter to rest knowing that she would be understanding of his concerns. He looked down at her engagement ring before returning his gaze to her visage. "That ring is perfect for you. I'm sure Empress Unki will be excited to see it." Kenshin wanted to transition the topic toward the excitement of their upcoming wedding. He did not want any potential disagreements to spoil their day together as he considered their wedding day. "I do hope that you'll consider keeping your hairpins on for that day. I want my bride to look like herself." Kenshin had a difficult time imagining Ada without them when fully dressed after years of knowing her. He found comfort in that familiarity. After a few more moments of silence, while they were in transit, Kenshin raised another subject. "I think there's a major difference in attractiveness between us. I've noticed the surprised look on people's faces when they see us arm in arm. You must be aware of how people look at you. You must've gotten those kinds of glances for much of your life, right?" The investigator in Kenshin was more curious about this matter than insecure. He cared little for his own appearance beyond taking care of his police and military uniforms. "Not that I care that people know I'm a lucky man. But I've always been attracted to you so I don't know any other perception." The Hyuga prince was becoming far more perceptive of people's whispers and opinions since he began this undertaking. It was interesting to use these same skills that served him well as a detective in this drastically different environment. Kenshin persisted in staring at Ada and enjoying a pleasant conversation with her in a way that he never had with anybody before. Once they would arrive at the empress's palace Kenshin would allow her to be released from his to sit beside him rather than on his lap although he savored every moment of closeness.

×TITLE: Sannin】▰【RANK: S+】▰【STRENGTH: 09】▰【SPEED: 09】▰【AGILITY: 09】▰【ENDURANCE: 09】▰【CHAKRA: 5,000 || 5,000】▰【STAMINA: 5,000 || 5,000▰【NATURE CHAKRA: 1,500 || 1,500

Technique Used:
• [ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Technique Active:
• [ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Inactive
Human Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive
Status Effects:
• None

Personal Attributes
▱▰▱ Piercing Accuracy | The clansman is more proficient than his fellow clan members at striking tenketsu. One's gentle fist application allows them to reduce 1.5 times the amount of chakra spent in a juken strike instead of 1.25. For example, if one spends 100 chakra on a gentle fist technique, the attack robs the target of 150 instead of the 125 normal clansmen would reduce.
▱▰▱ Purest Lineage | The clansman's thoroughbred lineage allows them access to the Byakugan without the use of a hand seal, chakra cost, or activation. In addition, should they unlock the Tenseigan, they may have 50% less reserves to maintain it than other clan members and may also activate the Tenseigan without the use of a hand seal, chakra cost, or activation.
▱▰▱ Physical Prowess | The Hyuga gains a [2] point increase in any stat after mastering stage 3 of the gentle fist and another [2] points after mastering stage 6 for a total of [4] rather than [2]. In addition, the Hyuga gains [3] custom slots to be used exclusively for the gentle fist style and [1] taijutsu style slot.
▱▰▱ Genetic Palette | With intensive genetic therapy and strong blood, this character is able to possess more than one transplant. This allows the character up to two transplants total, of any of the three categories.
▱▰▱ Thundering Justice | Lightning-based techniques used by the Hatake are granted a concussive blast in the form of a sonic boom upon impact. This concussive blast has a range of five feet per rank of the parent technique. Those within the area of the blast have a knock-back effect applied if their body rank is lower than the parent technique. In addition, deafness is applied upon impact for two posts.
▱▰▱ Tsunami of Justice | Kenshin gains access to the water element.
▱▰▱ Ionic Blade | The user's bukijutsu and basic combat weapon strikes may be made complex to add their lightning element to the attacks. This causes tiered paralysis on contact equal to the rank of the technique it is paired with.
▱▰▱ Blessings of Valor | As a world-famous hero, you are forever bestowed with an extra reward in arc, timeskip, and guildwide events.
▱▰▱ Short-Circuiting Juken | For an additional amount of chakra that is half of the amount spent for the original technique, Hatake chidori raiton can be applied to complex juken techniques to inject the enemy's body with lightning. The Hatake's chidori raiton inflicts a tier of full-body paralysis that is equivalent to the technique's rank up to the second tier. This paralysis lasts for two posts per rank of the technique at a maximum of six posts. Applying Chidori chakra to the Juken consumes a second offensive activation.
▱▰▱ Storm Sage | Lightning techniques cast while in sage mode and when enhanced by nature chakra burn brighter and inflict a tier of blindness that is equivalent to the technique's rank. This blindness lasts for two posts per rank of the technique at a maximum of six posts.
▱▰▱ Stern Spirit | Reiken no Michi virtue states cost one rank less in stamina to activate and maintain. The stamina cost of the virtue states cannot be reduced beyond this.
▱▰▱ Raijin Drum | While in human sage mode, Kenshin is able to self-korabo one lightning technique, one wind technique, and one water technique into one three-times powerful truth-seeking orb. This consumes the chakra of the three techniques on his nature chakra reserves but only one offensive action. This can only occur once for every three posts.
▱▰▱ Conduction Mastery | Kenshin is able to self-korabo his lightning and water techniques more efficiently by paying 10 less chakra when one raiton and one suiton are combined.

Discipline & Cross Class Attributes
First Class: Bukijutsu
▱▰▱ Expert: Rapier → The user has achieved a sense of mastery and focus unlike others and are known as an Expert, a dedicated focus over a weapon they use to near perfection. The shinobi can pick a single weapon, or two if dual wielding, to apply this focus toward with examples such as Katana, Spear, Bows or even Dual Daggers. They acquire a Keystone technique that is unique to them with an additional 2 Custom Techniques derived of this special ability. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information. They gain a [+1] boost to both speed and agility & techniques cost [5] less Chakra and/or Stamina per rank of the technique when wielding attacks with their specialized weapon in attack or defense.
► Signature Style: Sen Gekiretsu Nagareboshi
Second Class: Bukijutsu
▱▰▱ Mystic Hero → The user has become adept at blending their ninjutsu and bukijutsu. The user is able to cast ninjutsu from their weapon without the use of hand signs by making any flourish or deliberate movement to cast the technique in the direction the weapon is commanded. This requires the same amount of time as the forming of hand signs to cast ninjutsu. They are also able to Korabo 1 ninjutsu and 1 bukijutsu together with varying cool downs for a single activation.
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
Third Class: Bloodline
▱▰▱ Blood Knight → Your bloodline techniques possess greater power, allowing them to overwhelm techniques of the same rank and preventing them from succumbing to elemental weaknesses. You can cast bloodline techniques through one-handed seals. {The Overwhelming Trait does not apply to anything above S} In addition, Blood Knights are able to Korabo bloodline techniques at varying cool downs depending on the technique ranks for a single activation.
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
▱▰▱ Dedicated Disciple → A disciple who chooses to specialize in a small number of their class's arts. Limiting themselves to three of their class's styles, granting overwhelming in all three styles up to S Rank. Any additional slots that would be awarded for their class's styles are converted into a 2 point increase in any stats of their choosing. In addition, these masters of their arts are able to have a 1 point increase in their stats cap of 8 making it 9. Styles granted from rewards may be learned but do not carry the overwhelming property and the user is capped out at 5 styles.
► Sen Gekiretsu Nagareboshi | Tetsunami Ryu | Reiken no Michi

Weapon Specs
Weapon Name: Getsuruitō
Weapon Type: Katana & Rapier [ Reiken Spirit Sword ]
Weapon Size: 38 Inches Total | 30 Inch Blade | 8 Inch Hilt
Style Categorization: Medium Sword
Weapon Weight: 3 lbs
Stat Increase: +2 Speed
Elemental Affinity: Lightning
Description: Getsuruitō (月涙刀, Moon Tear Sword) is a legendary sword that was reworked and merged with the standard-issue Kumogakure Police Department officer rapier commissioned to Kenshin Kosei named Purity. The original form of the sword is a steel and dark blue katana with a bronze crossguard and dragonhead handle. It also has a rapier form that was refined from Purity and is entirely constructed from steel with a dark blue handle and basket hilt. The katana and rapier forms are the same size and constructed of the same materials. Getsuruito was considered a legendary artifact by the people of Seizan as it was wielded by an ancient general. When the rusted blade was awarded by the locals to Kenshin Kosei he discovered that it had the unique ability to merge with and empower one other weapon. When the katana was reworked to its fullest potential it had the abilities of his own weapon in addition to incredible lightning abilities.
Ability Summary:
Righteous Sword of the Sentinel [ Senchineru no Seigi no Ken ] | Rank E | Bloodline | Spiritual
All forms of Hyuuga techniques including the gentle fist can be used through the sword for the 10 posts that this technique is active. This means that strikes involving the blade cause physical damage including stab wounds as well as seal tenketsu points and any other effects of the technique used through the sword. An additional 5 chakra can be applied to the blade to prevent it from causing physical damage from thrusting but instead seal tenketsu points and inflict pain similar to a stab wound in the area struck but slashing attacks can still cause damage. Half the resource cost of techniques from the rapier style of Sen Gekiretsu Nagareboshi applied allows the technique to carry the tenketsu sealing effects of a same-rank palm strike such as a B-Rank carrying 64 Palms effects. Getsuruito must be in its rapier form to use this ability and 5 chakra can be spent upon activation of this technique to transform it as such. The Righteous Sword of the Sentinel technique has a 10 post duration before necessitating re-activation and costs an E-Rank amount of chakra. The initial activation of this technique consumes an action but all subsidiary abilities of the technique do not.

Smiting Blade of the Night Watch [ Naitō Otchi no Sumittinguburēdo ] | Rank X | Bukijutsu [ Lightning ] | Spiritual
When this technique is activated it crackles violently with night blue lightning for the entire duration. The electricity from the blade also forms bolts of lightning over the body of the user and appears to supercharge them. Whenever the blade is swung or thrust over the duration the user can fire a concentrated blast of ten bolts of lightning to accompany the strike equal to the rank applied but for only half the cost to initiate the technique. Hatake, Raiu, and Sage enhanced lightning can pass through the blade and apply to these lightning bolts. The bolts cause a thunderously deafening sonic boom and can inflict tier 2 burns upon direct contact with the lightning. Additionally, these lightning bolts can be freely applied to all complex bukijutsu for no action cost to smite enemies. The only action cost is when the technique is activated and all subsidiary abilities of the technique do not consume actions and only chakra. This ability can be used in both forms of Getsuruito.

Draconic Sabre of Moon Sundering [ Getsu Sandaringu no Dorakonikku Seibā ] | Rank X | Bukijutsu [ Lightning ] | Complex
This is the original ability of the ancient Getsuruito blade and thus requires the original katana form. 5 chakra can be spent to transform the blade to its original form upon activation of this technique. Crackling and thunderous dark blue lightning can be applied to the katana's edge at any rank and the same lightning can form a dragon head formed from electricity over the body of the user for 10 posts. This allows all spiritual techniques the sword comes into contact with to be slashed through and even cut in half at the same rank despite the complex nature of the technique. For half of the original cost to activate the technique a same-rank spiritual electrical energy slash can be sent out from the slash of the blade. This same cost can be applied to any complex bukijutsu to achieve the same effect. The original 10 post activation of this ability consumes an action but all subsidiary abilities do not.

**LEARNED - [ -Rank | / Posts ]

**MISSION - [ -Rank | / Posts ]

Regalina Kaicho

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
__ Yui was proving to be quite an impressively unique identity for Ada to appreciate. The young lady was devout to her duties but still very dedicated to the things that made her happy outside of her dream career. The amount of fulfillment gushing from her was expressed in her showmanship and ever-reaching personal goals. "It was a pleasure to hear, Yui, truly." She would nod in acknowledgement for Yui who had spoken plainly to ease her palpable concern for Kenshin's affections. 'I mustn't forget that some things simply are that simple.' She felt somewhat foolish for trying to make more of life's more elementary treasures. She had no reason to doubt, and was rather glad to hear that Kenshin's vows were likely being drafted from his poetry. Her own were coming together fairly well, but she hoped he would not be trying too hard. Ada paused to think and then nodded, "I should certainly hope Selina can attend. She seemed abundantly excited to hear the news when I personally delivered the invitation." There was a brief pause then compliment for her future as a wife and mother. Ada blushed but mostly kept her composure, "Thank you. I'm glad you also think so. I am... confident in the wife part, but uncertain about motherhood. I suppose I cannot do worse than my best, and you will be there to help me take care of them, Yui." It was less of a demand and more of an earnest offer. "You've done fine work in helping guide Kenshin in the short time you've had. I'm impressed and would consider myself a fool to only cast you when I thought I needed your help. Yui, if there is ever anything you need please let me know." Ada offered her a short bow of the head, but her admiration of the talented Yui was quite well pronounced. Shortly after, Yui's friends were dismissed and she'd wave with a thankful smile to them as they endeavored to avoid Kenshin's scorn.

Eventually Kenshin would return to her and Yui would offer her thanks before departing to tend to her duties and dreams elsewhere. "Stay well." She said in tandem with Kenshin's own goodbye to his attendant. Ada joined him in their return to the carriage to continue with their schedule for the day. Once they were as alone as they could be on the road from the Harehoru Estate Kenshin pulled her close and onto his lap. She could feel that he had matters to discuss with her and with good reason. Ada did not wish to fight with or trouble her husband-to-be if she could avoid it, and her regret for surprising him with her news during the meeting was reflected in her aquamarine irises. "That is fair. I'm very sorry that I let it come to that, Kenshin." She apologized sincerely as she nestled up to him, not to garner favor but to show that he was her primary focus. Snake pit. The metaphor struck her like a shallow snake bite from such a pit. 'His feelings for his family must be muddling his judgment...' Kenshin's lingering animosity toward his grandparents remained a matter of concern for her, even as he reiterated his reasoning for it. To her, their future was a shining beacon of hope for her, him, and all who supported them. Family, friends, and comrades alike were welcome to this hope as long as nothing was done to harm or impede the prosperous future she was envisioning for the Nohara region. She remained close to him as she considered her reply, uneasy about taking credit for all that Kenshin had overcome on his own too. It was flattering, but she was too reasonable to pretend it wasn't entirely true. "Solidarity will be important for our families' futures, Kenshin." Her tone was akin to that of a soft hum, "I only want you to feel peace. You've endured so much, and overcome even more for peace for everyone else before yourself." Ada paused, leaning away from him only enough to meet his gaze at the eye-level he'd offered with their current posture. "Reconciling with those who done you wrong and wish to make things right is its own justice, right? To compare Hajime and Ichika to a self-destructive fool like Shojiro is too cruel" Ada did not wish to chastise him, but she did feel at least this much had to be said. Perhaps in time he could see their future less as another obstacle and more like she felt about it as a whole. The bumps and grooves of the streets hardly caused any discomfort for her throughout the ride thus far. She raised her hand to admire her engagement ring when Kenshin mentioned its suitability to her and she smiled proudly of it. "Even if not, I certainly love it." Ada's mind was abuzz with this morning's events, as lyrics personified her affections and now finding an itch to design an engagement band of at least equivalent craftsmanship. Her gaze was drawn back to her fiance upon hearing his request for her wedding attire and she nodded to accept. The change of subject regarding how they appeared in public together honestly surprised Ada. Kenshin hardly ever seemed concerned about his appearances beyond the scope of maintaining order and enforcing justice. She looked to him as she spoke of these matters and earnestly responded, "I am, and I suppose I have felt such gazes on me since I began to mature into the woman I am. The wanting gazes of others haven't fazed me since my youth, but my duty has always come first. You are the first and only who I believe has truly ever understood and appreciated me for who I am. Not just a pretty face. Not some talented pawn. You sought me out at my worst and gave me a chance at a future that I was convinced I would only ever dream of." Ada rested her left hand against Kenshin's right cheek and gave him a firm but brief kiss on the lips, "Ken, you are my light- my hero. How we appear to others makes no difference to me." She would smile to him, only inches away from a very tempting followup kiss. Her welling passion for the only person she could say loved as much as this was suddenly detracted at the sound of a notifying whistle from one of the drives. They were likely close to their destination now.

×TITLE: Konin】○【RANK: S-Rank】○【STRENGTH: 6】○【SPEED: 6】○【REFLEX: 6】○【FORTITUDE: 6】○【CHAKRA: 2640 || 2640】○【STAMINA: 1870 || 1870

Technique(s) Used:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Technique(s) Active:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

Passive Effects:
• [ Rank ]
_
___○ [ Rank ]
____

**LEARNED - [ -Rank | JutsuTypeHere | / Posts ]

AdaXYarugiVala

Ephemeral Ozymandia

Regenki

Versatile Tactician

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:11 am
User ImageUser Image
▱▰▱Kenshin moved his arms up from Ada's waist to the middle of her back when she expressed her apology for her method of delivering her news. While he was disappointed that he was not the first to know, he recognized that he needed to show her forgiveness and patience and that she would do the same for him. "I forgive you." His worries were comforted when she gently nestled herself into his chest. He used his hands on her back to pull her in tightly in return. His ears tensed when she began responding to his distaste toward Hajime and Ichika. As he listened closely to her he felt the tenseness in his ears expand to constrict his chest. This disruption was battled by how at ease he felt with Ada in his arms. It was as if a war was being waged within him between his love for Ada and his unforgiving loathing for the Hyuga elders and the Rio. Certainly Shojiro has paid the price but have the others? No, and now they seek refuge in Ada and I's achievements in the wake of their own failures. Does she not look on that with suspicion? I don't want her idealism to put her at risk of betrayal. He knew that his fiancee was not a naive woman, far from it, which made it even more difficult for him to comprehend why she was so eager to embrace this proclaimed notion of solidarity. He was concerned that perhaps she was being swept up in the grandeur of their love and promised future. It was clear that she was focused on the architecture of the big picture while Kenshin tended to scrutinize the details. Would it truly be just of him to forgive Hajime and Ichika? His instincts led him to resent that they had not been administered punitive justice but Ada's point was challenging this assumption. Then there was also this idea of internal peace which harkened back to his intensive meditations. Prior to these pleasant days of wine and roses, Kenshin had always felt as if he was holding his breath. Now he was beginning to exhale but the more he did so the greater the difficulty of letting go. He had grown accustomed to his own suffering and his metamorphosis that began the first time he held Ada's hand was changing him so profoundly and so quickly. He realized that he needed time to process it all. What would happen if he ceded too much ground out of love? Would that risk all of what he and Ada were preparing for? Or worse, would Kenshin's refusal to become more forgiving jeopardize that future? These plaguing questions were making him weary until he focused on Ada's rhythmic breaths in their embrace that calmed him and compelled him to refocus on the present.

Kenshin decided to remain silent for now but committed Ada's words of support and reassurance to memory for his upcoming meditation. He did not wish to speak on these matters while his emotions were raw especially given Ada's pure intentions. He was more easily able to dismiss these thoughts when Ada expressed her genuine joy for her engagement ring. He continued to look into her eyes as he saw her regret melt away into happiness from his forgiveness and the change of subject. He loosened his grip on her and held her just enough to keep her steady on his lap as the carriage continued to press onward. When she responded to him with her insights of how she appears in front of others before reaffirming her commitment he smiled gently at her. Feeling her hand to his cheek and her adoring gaze was becoming overwhelming. She filled his troubled heart as she always did and the uniquely tight bond that existed between them was becoming increasingly palpable. When she kissed him he could taste the passion that was welling up in her and he could only wonder if perhaps their years of knowing and admiring each other in silence were what bound them together so intimately. It was difficult for him to describe but he was certain of this. "Kiss me like that again and I won't let you stop." Kenshin stated deliberately and bluntly but he suspected that Ada might find some humor in it as they smiled at each other. She was, of course, correct in her analysis that Kenshin did love her for her character and he was willing to help her through her times of turmoil but there was something more that he needed to say. "Ada, every minute I've ever spent as a man has been dedicated to loving you. You're a morally upright woman who will inspire millions, but I will always be the first." It was satisfying to know that he was her hero but he also needed her to be reminded that she was his inspiration. He put their foreheads together and simply basked in enjoyment of the moment with his woman for a little longer before they arrived.

Once the carriage came to a stop he gently picked her up and moved her to the seat beside him. The door was opened by one of his Hyuga guards before he stepped out with Ada's hand in his. They would stand beside each other in front of the carriage briefly before their arrival was heralded by a line of horn players. The humble man was uncertain if he would ever grow accustomed to this as he walked toward the imperial palace with his arm now locked with Ada's. His eyes darted around cautiously to his own guards to ensure that they were in proper formation. Once they reached the palace's entrance he would take a knee and bow before the empress wherever she decided to receive them. "Thank you for meeting with us, empress." Kenshin spoke sternly and formally in recognition of the respectful decorum that his actions would signal for the lightning empire. They had asked to meet with Unki originally to discuss the venue of their wedding. He and Ada recognized the importance of their marriage alliance for the empire and Kenshin was also aware that emperor Shiro would not take no for an answer to generously offer imperial extravagance for the event.

×TITLE: Sannin】▰【RANK: S+】▰【STRENGTH: 09】▰【SPEED: 09】▰【AGILITY: 09】▰【ENDURANCE: 09】▰【CHAKRA: 5,000 || 5,000】▰【STAMINA: 5,000 || 5,000▰【NATURE CHAKRA: 1,500 || 1,500

Technique Used:
• [ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Technique Active:
• [ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Inactive
Human Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive
Status Effects:
• None

Personal Attributes
▱▰▱ Piercing Accuracy | The clansman is more proficient than his fellow clan members at striking tenketsu. One's gentle fist application allows them to reduce 1.5 times the amount of chakra spent in a juken strike instead of 1.25. For example, if one spends 100 chakra on a gentle fist technique, the attack robs the target of 150 instead of the 125 normal clansmen would reduce.
▱▰▱ Purest Lineage | The clansman's thoroughbred lineage allows them access to the Byakugan without the use of a hand seal, chakra cost, or activation. In addition, should they unlock the Tenseigan, they may have 50% less reserves to maintain it than other clan members and may also activate the Tenseigan without the use of a hand seal, chakra cost, or activation.
▱▰▱ Physical Prowess | The Hyuga gains a [2] point increase in any stat after mastering stage 3 of the gentle fist and another [2] points after mastering stage 6 for a total of [4] rather than [2]. In addition, the Hyuga gains [3] custom slots to be used exclusively for the gentle fist style and [1] taijutsu style slot.
▱▰▱ Genetic Palette | With intensive genetic therapy and strong blood, this character is able to possess more than one transplant. This allows the character up to two transplants total, of any of the three categories.
▱▰▱ Thundering Justice | Lightning-based techniques used by the Hatake are granted a concussive blast in the form of a sonic boom upon impact. This concussive blast has a range of five feet per rank of the parent technique. Those within the area of the blast have a knock-back effect applied if their body rank is lower than the parent technique. In addition, deafness is applied upon impact for two posts.
▱▰▱ Ionic Blade | The user's bukijutsu and basic combat weapon strikes may be made complex to add their lightning element to the attacks. This causes tiered paralysis on contact equal to the rank of the technique it is paired with.
▱▰▱ Blessings of Valor | As a world-famous hero, you are forever bestowed with an extra reward in arc, timeskip, and guildwide events.
▱▰▱ Short-Circuiting Juken | For an additional amount of chakra that is half of the amount spent for the original technique, Hatake chidori raiton can be applied to complex juken techniques to inject the enemy's body with lightning. The Hatake's chidori raiton inflicts a tier of full-body paralysis that is equivalent to the technique's rank up to the second tier. This paralysis lasts for two posts per rank of the technique at a maximum of six posts. Applying Chidori chakra to the Juken consumes a second offensive activation.
▱▰▱ Storm Sage | Lightning techniques cast while in sage mode and when enhanced by nature chakra burn brighter and inflict a tier of blindness that is equivalent to the technique's rank. This blindness lasts for two posts per rank of the technique at a maximum of six posts.
▱▰▱ Stern Spirit | Reiken no Michi virtue states cost one rank less in stamina to activate and maintain. The stamina cost of the virtue states cannot be reduced beyond this.
▱▰▱ Raijin Drum | While in human sage mode, Kenshin is able to self-korabo one lightning technique, one wind technique, and one water technique into one three-times powerful truth-seeking orb. This consumes the chakra of the three techniques on his nature chakra reserves but only one offensive action. This can only occur once for every three posts.
▱▰▱ Conduction Mastery | Kenshin is able to self-korabo his lightning and water techniques more efficiently by paying 10 less chakra when one raiton and one suiton are combined.

▱▰▱ Expert: Rapier → The user has achieved a sense of mastery and focus unlike others and are known as an Expert, a dedicated focus over a weapon they use to near perfection. The shinobi can pick a single weapon, or two if dual wielding, to apply this focus toward with examples such as Katana, Spear, Bows or even Dual Daggers. They acquire a Keystone technique that is unique to them with an additional 2 Custom Techniques derived of this special ability. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information. They gain a [+1] boost to both speed and agility & techniques cost [5] less Chakra and/or Stamina per rank of the technique when wielding attacks with their specialized weapon in attack or defense.
▱▰▱ Mystic Hero → The user has become adept at blending their ninjutsu and bukijutsu. The user is able to cast ninjutsu from their weapon without the use of hand signs by making any flourish or deliberate movement to cast the technique in the direction the weapon is commanded. This requires the same amount of time as the forming of hand signs to cast ninjutsu. They are also able to Korabo 1 ninjutsu and 1 bukijutsu together with varying cool downs for a single activation.
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
▱▰▱ Blood Knight → Your bloodline techniques possess greater power, allowing them to overwhelm techniques of the same rank and preventing them from succumbing to elemental weaknesses. You can cast bloodline techniques through one-handed seals. {The Overwhelming Trait does not apply to anything above S} In addition, Blood Knights are able to Korabo bloodline techniques at varying cool downs depending on the technique ranks for a single activation.
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
▱▰▱ Dedicated Disciple → A disciple who chooses to specialize in a small number of their class's arts. Limiting themselves to three of their class's styles, granting overwhelming in all three styles up to S Rank. Any additional slots that would be awarded for their class's styles are converted into a 2 point increase in any stats of their choosing. In addition, these masters of their arts are able to have a 1 point increase in their stats cap of 8 making it 9. Styles granted from rewards may be learned but do not carry the overwhelming property and the user is capped out at 5 styles.

Weapon Specs
Description: Getsuruitō (月涙刀, Moon Tear Sword) is a legendary sword that was reworked and merged with the standard-issue Kumogakure Police Department officer rapier commissioned to Kenshin Kosei named Purity. The original form of the sword is a steel and dark blue katana with a bronze crossguard and dragonhead handle. It also has a rapier form that was refined from Purity and is entirely constructed from steel with a dark blue handle and basket hilt. The katana and rapier forms are the same size and constructed of the same materials. Getsuruito was considered a legendary artifact by the people of Seizan as it was wielded by an ancient general. When the rusted blade was awarded by the locals to Kenshin Kosei he discovered that it had the unique ability to merge with and empower one other weapon. When the katana was reworked to its fullest potential it had the abilities of his own weapon in addition to incredible lightning abilities.
Ability Summary:
Righteous Sword of the Sentinel [ Senchineru no Seigi no Ken ] | Rank E | Bloodline | Spiritual
All forms of Hyuuga techniques including the gentle fist can be used through the sword for the 10 posts that this technique is active. This means that strikes involving the blade cause physical damage including stab wounds as well as seal tenketsu points and any other effects of the technique used through the sword. An additional 5 chakra can be applied to the blade to prevent it from causing physical damage from thrusting but instead seal tenketsu points and inflict pain similar to a stab wound in the area struck but slashing attacks can still cause damage. Half the resource cost of techniques from the rapier style of Sen Gekiretsu Nagareboshi applied allows the technique to carry the tenketsu sealing effects of a same-rank palm strike such as a B-Rank carrying 64 Palms effects. Getsuruito must be in its rapier form to use this ability and 5 chakra can be spent upon activation of this technique to transform it as such. The Righteous Sword of the Sentinel technique has a 10 post duration before necessitating re-activation and costs an E-Rank amount of chakra. The initial activation of this technique consumes an action but all subsidiary abilities of the technique do not.

Smiting Blade of the Night Watch [ Naitō Otchi no Sumittinguburēdo ] | Rank X | Bukijutsu [ Lightning ] | Spiritual
When this technique is activated it crackles violently with night blue lightning for the entire duration. The electricity from the blade also forms bolts of lightning over the body of the user and appears to supercharge them. Whenever the blade is swung or thrust over the duration the user can fire a concentrated blast of ten bolts of lightning to accompany the strike equal to the rank applied but for only half the cost to initiate the technique. Hatake, Raiu, and Sage enhanced lightning can pass through the blade and apply to these lightning bolts. The bolts cause a thunderously deafening sonic boom and can inflict tier 2 burns upon direct contact with the lightning. Additionally, these lightning bolts can be freely applied to all complex bukijutsu for no action cost to smite enemies. The only action cost is when the technique is activated and all subsidiary abilities of the technique do not consume actions and only chakra. This ability can be used in both forms of Getsuruito.

Draconic Sabre of Moon Sundering [ Getsu Sandaringu no Dorakonikku Seibā ] | Rank X | Bukijutsu [ Lightning ] | Complex
This is the original ability of the ancient Getsuruito blade and thus requires the original katana form. 5 chakra can be spent to transform the blade to its original form upon activation of this technique. Crackling and thunderous dark blue lightning can be applied to the katana's edge at any rank and the same lightning can form a dragon head formed from electricity over the body of the user for 10 posts. This allows all spiritual techniques the sword comes into contact with to be slashed through and even cut in half at the same rank despite the complex nature of the technique. For half of the original cost to activate the technique a same-rank spiritual electrical energy slash can be sent out from the slash of the blade. This same cost can be applied to any complex bukijutsu to achieve the same effect. The original 10 post activation of this ability consumes an action but all subsidiary abilities do not.

Regalina Kaicho

Hurrak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:14 pm
User Image
The fanfare of horns was like an illustrious doorbell outside the grand entrance at times. Where did the idea come from to blare the triumphant noise of noble fanfare? It was hard to say, truly. The custom was held proudly on the pillars of nobility of far, neighboring cultures and gradually leaked its way to the Great Nations in subtle tones. The more prideful, lavish leaders had been those who bothered to provide themselves a theme. Prideful leaders surely were the first to bombard the people with such noise. Leaders who likely avoided an arduous scour across the war torn lands to unite them needed something to make them seem worthy. The hearty resound of musical triumph through cleverly timed woodwinds and clunky, shiny brass instruments of forgien origin were becoming the new custom.
Why, Unki herself would prefer the minimal noise. A loud introduction vocalized to those present was the way from her limited understanding. Although, it wasn’t uncommon for Unki to resist saying no against her husband’s occasional whims for something more grand. The collective, harmonious tunes resounding for not only the Imperial couple but a number of guests was a treat (and an opportunity to promise someone an honest wage). On this day, the harmonious call of awaiting winds and brass announced the arrival of two considerable esteemed guests Kumoimine Palace had been expecting.
To greet the Honored Captain and ardent Guard when the fanfare hushed to an end was a prim and polished young woman standing fixedly in a striped, black and white dress. ”On schedule. I would expect no less.” She had a soft, however firm stare that wasn’t spared for even the time her hands moved to tighten the short, black tie under the collar of her dress. The glossy, round opalescent badge over her left breast was denoting her closeness to Empress. Momi Morimatsu was familiar with Ada plainly by the nature of being in the company of Unki for some time but the nature of Momi’s habits kept her on a straight path and she often strayed from too much socializing on the job. As she led the couple into the palace Momi spoke over her shoulder, “I hope you will forgive me for withholding the purpose of this discussion with Unki.”

“She knows it’s something good and who she will be speaking with at the very least. If it comes as an inconvenience, my apologies. I felt this adjustment back into Kumoimine requires some pleasant surprises here and there.” Emphasis on pleasant. Momi mustered an abrupt sigh before sending a weary glance to the couple at her side. But smiled still. The trouble was not with them. “Shiro, on the other hand, was informed fully on the nature of your request to speak with Unki but I’m doubtful he will be joining this discussion. He’s considerably occupied. You may not be surprised on how many sudden requests come flooding in to discuss something when a Steward finally leaves and steps down from office.”

“I suppose the residents of the Capital were growing weary of missing their beloved sovereign.”

In time, Momi was able to lead Kenshin and Ada away from the grand entrance and its adjoining hall. Through a considerably “grand” foyer and off into some adjacent hallway. This was just the beginning of the architectural maze-like path composing first level. Before long, Momi had led the couple through one space, into another, and finally to a pair of doors.

It was a quiet room fashioned for speaking with guests who were more comfortable in humble, cozy environments and gave a full view of a small serene greenspace encapsulated around the Keep walls. This private garden was detached and isolated but the attention to its design wasn’t spared. Feeling picturesque, green, flowering shrubs, trees, whitish stones arranged meticulously, private, and the noise of water trickling. A tea room, really. Just without a fancy hearth on the floor, the expectations that someone was going to hold a tea ceremony, and the addition of comfortable seating and a table. Unki was by herself save for the arrangement of what few potted plants were in the room. Sunlight seems to be the only means of light pouring into the small room.
The walls were far from being paper thin and displayed silk panel art which gave color to the room: vivid blue morning glories and red and white plum. Behind Unki, the backdrop of blue flowers lasting bloom consequently matching the blue of her dress. Her hair was loose as freely flowing locks on her shoulder but the bulk of hair was pinned up on the top as a dome-like bun unlike her typical “sweet roll” presentation. This was where the Empress would take her guests today.

Sir Kenshin,” she said, sounding serenely content and pressed emphasis on how she was remembering to use a different title. Although she wasn’t sure if even using his first name was appropriate. The same contented address flutters in trailing to the Captain’s beloved, lady Ada.” She was alone on a wicker couch atop a plush cushion. A low, tea table with a and additional wicker seating awaiting the couple were positioned across from the gooey-eyed empress. “Sit, sit please!” she said assuringly, trying to coax her guests off their knees. Ten years of kneeling and bowing was a long time and certainly long enough to absorb how the practice might feel necessary but still a little weird if thought about it for too long. “Momi, ” Unki said gently and tilts her attention to the woman beside the couple. “Could you get the hot water started please?” Momi was prompt to reply and leaves accordingly to go about her task.
“For tea. I didn’t feel it was appropriate to have it ready so it wouldn’t be cold and sad. Oh! Don’t fret about the type. Momi brings in a cute box and prepares it here with handy-dandy diffusers and little spoons.”
She shrugs, seeming to hold back a laugh behind a sudden smile spreading across her face, ”i learned I had to build a tea collection! It’s all really a bunch of extra work but the nobles seem to get a kick out of someone preparing their tea in a knock-off, traditional tea room.”

“Anyway. Are we doing well?” She chimes back up, taking her hands from a restful seat on her lap to press attentively on the top of her knees. Her shoulders curving forward with her pose. A little glitter iseemingly to spark in her eye as she takes in the two and restlessly wobbles her heels. “Tell me what Miss-secret-keeper-tight-lips-Momi wouldn’t tell me!”
For a lady who didn’t mind being dolled up like, well, a doll for imperial display Unki is very someone content with sporting a pair of fuzzy socks visibly beneath the ensemble. Warm socks made of browns and pastel blues with a simplistic dog face knitted up near the top of the sock with ear-like accessories projecting from the rim. Unki was dressed for “business” from the knee up today and didn’t mind one bit.

Ephemeral Ozymandias

Regalina Kaicho

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

Regenki

Versatile Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:38 am
User ImageUser Image
__ Ada smiled back at Kenshin with a seductive defiance in her eyes. This expression softened to that of pleasant comfort in his embrace until they arrived at their destination. Ada had much to think about, but now she had to focus on her next task. 'I'm sure her majesty will only make today even more delightful and productive.' A seed of optimism had taken root in Ada thanks to the day's collective successes. She giggled softly upon catching notice of the slightest twitches in Kenshin's facial expression throughout the fanfare-driven procession into the imperial palace. Ada gave Momi cordial nod at her approving tone for their punctuality. Honestly, Ada was impressed with how well they'd managed their time despite a few detours. She followed behind Momi right beside her fiance. It was hard to hide a hint of concern regarding the empress' unawareness, but a moment of consideration led her to still trust in a favorable outcome. "Thank you, miss Morimatsu, truly." Ada bowed her head appreciatively toward their guide. 'Poor lady Unki. I hope he has at least found some time for his empress between his other duties.' The thought seeped into her as she considered how busy she and Kenshin would surely be too. There was little doubt that they'd manage to balance their duty and dedication going forward, but nothing was assumed to go without a hitch given the scope of their new positions.

The group arrived at the doubled doors leading to what she recalled to be a sort of tea room and garden. The halls and paths through the palace felt like home by this point. She stood there beside her fiance and took a soft but deep breath before slowly exhaling. Kenshin and Ada were formally addressed upon entering the room, prompting her to shift her dress enough to return a polite curtsy to the empress. As requested, Ada would seat herself beside Kenshin and listen to Unki's remarks about her new tea collection. "We appreciate your consideration, your grace. I find that your garden is wonderful. It must be a fine retreat when not entertaining the noble caste." Ada flashed a genuine smile of approval for the setting and the empress' mentioned efforts. Likewise, she was glad that Unki was doing well enough to make herself comfortable at business in her palace. It wasn't like anyone should or would say anything against her adorable dog socks anyway. Nodding first, Ada replied, "We are more than fine, thankfully so." She glanced at Momi who had been designated as "Miss-secret-keeper-tight-lips" then back to her highness. Not wanting to ruin a good surprise, Ada gently took Kenshin's hand into her own with his for her presented proudly. The sapphire gem at the center of the silver, and the ten diamond insets almost made it feel like more than a mere engagement band- especially considering the quality of craftsmanship. "Kenshin and I are uniting the Hyuga and Rio families through marriage." Ada would give Unki a generous moment to inspect the engagement ring or say something about it. Of course, she wouldn't take any offense one way or another regarding it. Continuing, Ada added, "We're seeking your blessing and hopefully also your support. Our time is short and Lord Hajime wishes to see a wedding ceremony before sickness takes him. Might you be able to help us locate an appropriate venue?" Matters of the Pale Citadel beginning construction in the western region of Nohara could be brought up later when this topic was first settled. Since Unki hadn't been informed about the marriage, Ada was led to believe the empress might not be informed about that "little" national security project. Ada sat with her normal acute poise and her words spoken with artful eloquence.

AdaXYarugiVala

Ephemeral Ozymandia
Hurrak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
▱▰▱Kenshin glanced down at his side when he heard Ada's soft vocalizations of amusement while staring at his facial expressions amid the backdrop of an excessively regal entrance ritual orchestrated by Hajime. His face became more blank and serious in an attempt to disguise his discomfort. Nonetheless, the Hyuga heir apparent knew that his adrenaline would be pumping far more vociferously at the stimuli had Ada not been at his side. His pale eyes then sharpened upon Momi when she approached and he continued his quiet marshal. The quiet man allowed Ada to speak on his behalf with her signature graceful dignity to Momi as well as Unki. "Your grace." His own tone was simple but he did notice the emphasis Unki placed on his new title. Being the heir of his elderly paternal grandfather because his uncle fell in battle and his own father was in exile was hardly a matter that Kenshin would press through vocal insistence on the title associated with it. He had to continuously force himself to think of every one of these irritating new pretenses that accompanied nobility as the necessary means toward fulfilling his duty to his country, his family, and his prospective wife. He clenched his jaw slightly not in judgment of Unki's quirky demeanor but with tense bewilderment on how to appropriately respond. He always had a far easier time communicating with her husband and he was concerned by the prospect of her knowing this and it straining their interactions.

Kenshin lightly exhaled and spoke to break any tension that his silence may be imposing on the women in his company. "It certainly is." He affirmed Ada's compliment about the garden as he allowed his eyes to scan over it. This allowed him to control his gaze and avoid staring at the empress's socks while also admiring the natural beauty surrounding him. Kenshin barely refrained from raising an eyebrow upon realizing that Unki was not yet aware of their betrothal. This is not to say that he was offended but unexpected events tended to have a particularly precise sting in Kenshin born from his rigidly logistical nature. As he sat beside the woman he was gratefully promised to, he felt all of his anxieties fall into oblivion with the touch of her hand. He allowed his firm hand to hold her's steady as she displayed her engagement band. Kenshin looked into her eyes out of habit knowing how they genuinely flickered with adoration at his carefully crafted token of their espousal. Every detail and design of the ring was personalized to Ada to bring the woman enjoyment for a lifetime. After Unki had enough time to examine the band, Kenshin would pull Ada's hand down to rest between them. He affectionately moved his hand atop hers and tightly gripped it. Love began to overwhelm his stress and his tightened demeanor loosened ever so slightly. His shoulders lowered and his jaw relaxed before he spoke. "We're confident in whatever you choose. My only request is that the wedding is in Kumoito with seamless access for our clans and our former comrades in Arashigakure." He was principally concerned for the logistics of his grandfather's highly necessary attendance given his poor health but did not desire to belabor the point. His voice remained deep but somehow gentler when not being curtly barked through clenched teeth. He silently hoped that this would put Unki even further at ease given his desire to be of service to her now and down the line. "I'm also of the understanding that Emperor Chosokabe will hold nothing back at this imperial wedding. All that his grace chooses to provide will be gratefully accepted of course." Kenshin spoke with a little more warmth and familiarity added to his characteristically serious tone in reference to his emperor and former raikage. He knew that Ada and Unki were familiar with what he was alluding to. While the imperial grandeur that Shiro was certain to provide was not to Kenshin's personal tastes, he understood the importance of such posturing for the lightning empire's fearsome reputation. Also, even Kenshin could take his friend and emperor's grandiose and insistent generosity in good humor. Kenshin's tight grip on Ada's hand then softened in the hopes that his remarks might shake a chuckle out of both women.

Kenshin would allow sufficient time to discuss the wedding details before he would advance to the second and final topic of relevance, the Pale Citadel. "It's been his grace's wish for years that I take a more active role in the empire. I was delayed in doing so because of my duties in Arashigakure's law enforcement but now I'm honored to accept his offer as a legitimized heir. I'm unsure how abreast you are of the Pale Citadel project that the emperor has been overseeing so I'll answer any questions you may have." Kenshin would clear his throat and take a sip from his teacup if offered by Momi before continuing. "This structure is designed to be the ultimate fortification of the only mountain range from the Frost Country into the Lightning Country's westernmost Nohara region. The area is far from unmonitored by imperial troops as it is but the pale citadel will be a massive expansion of these defense efforts. The lightning Hyuga clan's new castle is to be the gate protecting your capital from land invaders, empress." The nobleman spoke seriously and formally as a recitation of his plans to best serve the empire. "Ada and I would of course be honored to accept stewardship of your western lands. I'd fulfill my duties as a faithful sentinel and Ada is certain to bring prosperity and development to the region." Kenshin looked away from Unki to glance proudly at Ada as he spoke with confidence in her potential. With great difficulty, he broke from her gaze to return his attention to Unki. He finished speaking to avoid overwhelming with further details but he wanted to make certain that all parties were fully informed. Kenshin allowed his thumb to gently rub Ada's hand as he awaited Unki's response. Despite following a decade of friendship with Ada, he was still overwhelmed by the exhilaration of their new romance. Despite his conservative outward appearance, he was utterly besotted with the woman and wanted the wedding underway with immediacy so that they could begin their new life as one.

Technique Used:
• [ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Technique Active:
• [ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Inactive
Human Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive
Status Effects:
• None

Personal Attributes

E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3

Weapon Specs
Ability Summary:

Regalina Kaicho

Hurrak

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:00 pm
User Image

“It’s no issue. Not having time for one of Shiro’s bodyguards would be unfair after all the time you’ve given to him.” Unki continued to wobble her heels for the length of their back and forth greetings, compliments, and idle pleasantries.
“I’m glad you like it. This plot is just a fragment of what Kumoimine Keep has within its walls but this square is treated alike all the others. I’ll admit this room is more of a fine retreat for the fussy nobles who come with requests.” A smile curls and softens as she fought back the urge to giggle about the thought brewing in her head, “there’s something tranquilizing about being outside.” In no time, really, the secret Momi must have been holding back captured Unki’s attention.

Her response to the marriage announcement wasn't a loud squeal or ecstatic, oddly enough. Unki's initial reply was a hushed gasp as her eyes seemed to open more with surprise. Like she was taking in the news word for word and sight. The stuffy, stony Captain falling for someone? Why, if Unki wasn't in the position she was in today she might have impulsively expressed her surprise. The esteemed Captain was still very much human with validated thoughts, opinions (the likes of which Unki felt she needed to be in good standings with to make these encounters only just awkward a little bit) and positive interest in marriage and love were woven into him. “Oh that’s,” she pauses upon a breath and smiles wholly as she plants both her hands onto her collar bone. “That’s wonderful!”

It was polite to take grandeur in another’s happiness and showing such interest was genuine too. Ada was once of her husband’s guard and denying her any radiant spotlight would be a heartless gesture to someone who would surely die for the Imperial family of two. The doe-eyed look swaps for some expression of subtle wonder and awe as Unki leaned forward. Her hands shifting whereupon she interlocked her fingers pressed her fingers to her chin. "That's such a pretty ring," Unki says adoringly amidst her observation. Almost envious. Warmly. As she pulled away, Unki took her hands apart and allowed her left hand to drift consciously and gingerly along her jawline behind the hanging locks of hair to her ear. In contrast, the Empress's hands were bare of precious metals. Faint, pinkish scars on her lightly sun-kissed skin and tidied nails. No polish (since glittery nail polish happening to chips off during food prep is totally gross). Wearing gloves at times wasn’t completely unheard of.

The obscured touch to a distinguishably pink pearl at her earlobe was brief. Almost as if there was nothing to her idle gesture. “Yes, yes. I can.” she says with a nod upon reply to Ada's request for the appropriate venue. Her drifting her stare settles off into the sunlight green and dipping her head into a nod to quietly assure herself that a somewhat-tall order on semi-short notice was going to be okay. Somehow. Surely. “I can give it my best pick the perfect venue out. And I’ll see that we can get all of this taken care of quickly.”

With Kenshin’s reply concerning Shiro’s extravagance, it was becoming clear she was perhaps the last figure to be woven into this loop of wedding planning. In other words, there was no doubt Shiro had already assured the ceremony was going to happen on his coin regardless of the circumstances.
It was sweet. The thought of how generous the gesture to a friend stirred a lively giggle and a warm smile. "At his best Shiro is a social butterfly. I've seen him light up the life of rooms just by walking in. Not even with any lofty titles tacked to his name. It seems like he would make anything and everything worth celebrating known to the whole wide world if he could have things go his way." Just a few instances came to Unki’s mind in which Shiro was deprived of the luxury to host an extravagant celebration. Some instances stood out brighter than others. Either Shiro had his way or not whatever nostalgic recollections coming to mind warming the Empress’s expression with short-lived thoughts of her once blossoming affections that came and went like chance butterflies over the flowering brush outside.

Although reminiscing about her own life and her modest celebrations wasn’t truly the hot button topic she needed to be dwelling on. Memory lane was easy to get lost on. A stray thought, however, was beginning to stale her cordial smile ergo she could only steer back to the topic at hand. "And of course, I’m sorry to hear Lord Hajime isn't doing well. This all probably really means the world to him then. I suppose we’ll need a really memorable venue." Hearing herself offer her condolences felt out of touch. Namely, feeling out of touch with the times for being someone in such high regard in the city. She felt, honestly, learning one of Shiro’s avid supporters was standing with a foot in the grave hadn’t come soon enough. Consequently, Unki suddenly had all the reasons on her shoulders to offer her best ideas for the Hyuga clan. If only, that is, her best ideas would hurry up and come out!

“Let’s see. In Kumoito. Befitting an esteemed Captain and his beloved that even Shiro wouldn’t think twice on. Something to impress,” said the Empress with a sparkle in her eye. “Hmmm. Then my first idea for a mountain top wedding is ruled out. It’d be beautiful with a sunset but I’d hate to be responsible for inconveniencing anyone not physically able to make the walk. Hmmm…” Not that a subtle altitude change would matter a whole lot to anyone who frequents up and down walking. Usually. Kumoito was already well above sea-level being a place whose namesake was an omnipresence of clouds.
She needed something memorable and mountains weren’t fitting the bill. Anyone could have a mountain top wedding. Something that would stand out and even flatter the two guest families.

Momi returns. The noise of a rolling wheel droning along on a showy, metal serving cart the floor with her passage across the room. She stopped her cart between Unki, her guests, and at the side the low lying tea table centered among the seating. Momi’s return was timely and bought Unki a few minutes to hide how overwhelming picking an impressive venue, practically on the spot, was just beginning to feel. The location had to be impressive if the Emperor was backing it.

The venue has to be impressive. The ceremony has to be impressive. Then, of course, how ever many guests were going to be there also have to be impressed. Right? Will the happy couple want rituals? How many times will Ada need to swap dresses? Which question should be asked first? Being a makeshift, last-minute wedding planner wasn’t one of Unki’s strong suits and the cascade of questions were trickling in as Momi was introducing clever diffuser spoons to loose tea. The honored guests were served a finer variety of green tea sporting the word “kukicha” on a label on its storage tin. Presenting the warm cups of brewing tea to the couple and a separate tray with the floral print iron kettle, saucers, a tidy jar of honey, and little spoons all before Momi would spare Unki any mind.
“How about,” Unki says, smiling, sighing as she began to nervously rub her thumb over her knuckles. “I suppose I should ask if a shrine wedding interests you” She sounded hesitant to offer to arrange a shrine wedding. A shrine was timeless but not lavish.
“It’s traditional. Respectable. But I can’t help but worry that isn’t-” the empress paused to gather the right words. Her sights drifting again from the couple to the teacup Momi was preparing for chamomile tea. The floral print kettle came with equally floral cups and the simple shapes forming little flowers gripped Unki’s attention even onward as she spoke, slowly, thoughtfully. “It isn’t enough.” Her attention swept the little swathe of a garden outside. Even a tiny fraction of someone’s planning and care was admired. “I just wonder now how you’d feel about a garden wedding?”
Beside the Empress, Momi came suddenly to a halt over her serving tray as she was swept up by surprise and disbelief from what she heard. “You would allow how many people in the wisteria garden at one time?” The assistant moves the cup of chamomile was placed before Unki to brew, who was seeming relatively unphased by the question. “That’s the one! I think it’s do-able since nobody outside the groundskeeping staff usually gets in without me saying so.” The emphasis upon ‘nobody’ was about as accurate save for a few exceptions. “It’s the second- or maybe third- biggest stretch of garden on the Keep grounds. I love it so much that I’m really surprised how often I forget the details about how big it is.” It was hard for someone like Momi to pinpoint which fragment of the conversation had seemed to bring a smile back to her face: whether Unki had proposed a feasible venue for a ceremony or if she’ll get to show off one of her favorite spots in the entirety of Kumoito. The anxiety of wedding planning didn’t happen often and Momi,at least from being familiar with Unki, was allowed to see it. The esteemed couple across from Unki had plenty of room to reply as they saw fit.

“Of course. I can’t forget.” The noise of Kenshin taking a serious note was grating against the hazy floral images trying to win her attention.“I know I didn’t say much but that whole subject seems to have stuck with me. Your visit matched up with it being my first day in Storm Palace too and Shiro wouldn’t keep his hands off me.” She said, with a laugh clumsily trailing her comment as she realized how awkward mentioning that to the Captain really was. Some fleeting thought came and went about apologizing for being the distracting object of the Emperor’s exhibited affections when Kenshin was such a private person. But why? Shiro just about always has his hands on her. Unki would be a walking apology. “Shiro has mentioned some things about the project off and on over the past five years with hope, still, that everything would work out. He wanted me in the loop.”

“If the developments ahead will respect the land then I shouldn’t have many objections ahead of me. I don’t wanna’ sound critical but I just came back from living in Toso’s technological wonder. He kept a whole ecosystem despite his advanced marvels. Otherwise, I can trust your collective judgments as both Shiro and Toso have. I only ask that I can stay in the loop. Of progress. Knowing.” It felt weird having to ask such. The look on her face briefly seemed strained but hopeful her image could change but with her track record of being an apolitical Empress was in need of changing. If she wanted to grant Shiro relief of stress then making herself known was necessary. “Let me let Shiro know that you’re ready for this commitment,” her response was slow and concise. While she was fully capable of declaring decisions and bestowing whatever title onto Kenshin and Ada she desired, Shiro still had a larger role in this plan than she did. “I can understand if that’s not what you wanted to hear, exactly. But I have to play messenger bird for someone a few flights of stairs away. He and I will coordinate the finer details- that is- since you just said you’re prepared for the position. When the Emperor and I see you both together everything will come into place.” Unki’s tone was apologetic but warm with her explanation. There wasn’t much else she could consider to ask and slipping into a pause granted the empress an opportunity to collect her tea for a long-winded sip. Something about the scent of warm chamomile that kept her at the cup’s rim.
With a warm drink in her system, Unki’s near-businesslike demeanor promptly flipped back to someone who seem to suit the fuzzy novelty socks on her feet: “would you like to see your possible future venue?” She asked, making certain not to neglect any bit of her bubbly nature about her presentation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

In this particular moment, Ada felt truly blessed. She took a moment to share an allayed simper with Kenshin for most of their lingering challenges to be married. Unki suggested the Wisteria Gardens in Kumoito for the wedding venue after deciding against the mountaintop option. Honestly, Ada would have no problem making travel accommodations, but her majesty already came up with a different and better plan. Ada bowed her head as she sat and offered gratitude, "The Wisteria Gardens would be a truly unforgettable option to have for the wedding. Truly, thank you Lady Unki. I will be sure to ask Vala to coordinate with Miss Morimatsu for preparations." The support of Empress Unki and Empreror Shiro could be seen and felt throughout matters of their matrimony as well as in the Pale Citadel project she and Kenshin had put so much hope into. Ada was confident that planning for the fortress did in fact maintain an environmentally cautious approach which was mindful of the location as a whole and the citizens of the flourishing nearby Seizan community. Ada had various agents hired by the RAN Trinity who were skilled in kekkei genkai to help the project be all the more seemless throughout development. Ada would be brought back to focus when asked if they would like to see the Wisteria Gardens to get a taste of what was to come, "It would be a pleasure to be guided through the Wisteria Gardens by your majesty, thank you." She finished sipping the chamomile contents her tea cup and gathered herself to follow the Empress now that the most of the meeting was concluded.

AdaXYarugiVala

Ephemeral Ozymandia
                                                    Hurrak

Regenki

Versatile Tactician

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
▱▰▱When Unki mentioned fussy nobles, Kenshin could not help but remember the blond fop that he dropped to the floor during the gala with a strange sense of satisfaction. Unki's response was pleasant and it was clear that she knew what he was talking about with Emperor Shiro's generous offerings for the wedding. Kenshin was also satisfied that Unki understood that time was of the essence regarding his grandfather's health. Truthfully, Kenshin was unlikely to sob at the old man's impending passing but he did understand that there was no point in delaying considering that Hajime wanted to be there to make the Hyuga heir couple official. It did somewhat limit the venue as well considering that Hajime would be physically incapable of making any sort of mountain pilgrimage. When she mentioned a shrine Kenshin nodded. "There will be a priestess of Evergreen there regardless because of my religion. It doesn't have to be at a shrine, however." Kenshin informed Unki of that detail as she continued considering the possibilities. When she settled on her suggestion of the Wisteria gardens, Kenshin nodded affirmatively. "That does sound beautiful." Truthfully, Kenshin was not picky about the venue. He just wanted to marry this woman as soon as possible but he understood that this was a moment that Ada had likely been dreaming of since she was a girl so it had to be right. When she responded regarding the Pale Citadel project, Kenshin would respond briefly. "Emperor Shiro seems quite excited by the fortress and its defensive value. We'll ensure its success." Kenshin was committed to making it the most valuable military construct in the entire empire. He wanted it to be the important asset that it was meant to be. When Unki suggested showing them the Wisteria Gardens, he stood up and took Ada's arm in his own. "Absolutely." Kenshin could tell that Unki was excited to show it off and that Ada was satisfied by the choice. He would follow behind Unki once she started to show it and was grateful to have such a world-class venue for marrying the love of his life.

Technique Used:
• [ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Technique Active:
• [ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Inactive
Human Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive
Status Effects:
• None

Personal Attributes

E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3

Weapon Specs
Ability Summary:

Regalina Kaicho

Hurrak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 am
User Image

Oh dear. The couple took to the idea faster than anticipated. Momi was already giving looks to Unki as if she was bracing herself for all the complaints and regret to eventually file through. The assistant had remained in place as Unki moved. She knelt, collecting a pair of wooden, blocky sandals from under the low coffee table that she held against her dress. Before stepping away, she paused to gulp another mouthful of tea before scooting across the floor and taking lead. The tea, on that note, was still piping hot but it seems there were some unsung wonders to Unki.

The garden was a somewhat of a walk from the modest sitting room Momi had brought Kenshin and Ada to. There was some backtracking but otherwise Unki was sliding on her pastel puppy socks- at times- onward to other pathways of the Keep.

Unki led Ada and Kenshin to a wide set of glass double doors with sheer curtains obscuring all but the light. From this angle, the whole wall was actually lined with windows all sporting the same white, sheer curtains. All seeming to gently glow white against sunlight.
“Here it is!” She cheerily announced as she rolled the doorknobs of both doors and pushed them open. Unki hopped aside and spun gently. Her dangling, lacy sleeves swinging along.
The sight Ada and Kenshin had ahead of them, consider everything that makes a garden boasting beauty and serenity and cram it all within wall-to-wall confines. All together, the garden is a considerably large greenspace designed to appease one little girl. The first arrangement of wisteria was just out of arm’s reach to this entrance as a full, green arch with sprouting buds. There were no blooming wisteria. Yet.
“They’re just little baby buds now. Wisteria only blooms for a couple of weeks during the year just like cherry blossoms. But I bet we can land this wedding to hit the first bloom so we’ll have plenty of color and very full sights. The gardeners prune back each specimen just right to help the wisteria bloom better each year.”
Arching trellises, climbing wisteria, pathways under stretching pergolas, meticulously arranged stones and decor. Stand alone bunches of trees ready to burst with color. “We have purples, pinks, blues, whites, and green.” Unki twirls amidst her step as she takes the lead ahead of her guests. Her motions only stop long enough to drop the wooden sandals into a bed of sand upright, ready, and steps into them.
“All but yellow.” She added, sounding content with this fact, as she dropped her arms to her sides. With Unki's step, the sand crunching softly beneath was pressed with the image of large canine paw prints. Dog socks and deceptively dog sandals.Unki pointed here, there, and at all noteworthy features she could twitter about all day if the moment was hers “If you can believe it, we have a pond with a little bridge too. That would make nice photographs.”
She clasped her hands together and shrugged as she gave another look to Ada and Kenshin as if the sights were able to speak for themselves. Unki couldn’t find the words to share the ornamental outdoor surprises, (as they would become) being hidden among the wisteria, commemorating her and Shiro’s affection. “We can have the ceremony itself take place out here then funnel guests back inside through the designated entrances to avoid cramming everyone in one place for the entire time.”
Although, this comment came on her being completely unsure of however many will be trampling over the green of her garden. She had been plenty greedy over this garden and this was a special occasion, after all. Maybe more so for a coming bride than for someone who's union was already in place.“I hope this year the scenery is extra special for all our sakes. ”
With this remark, ever dreamy, with Unki's attention going adrift in her own little world as she stepped under a trellis she knew would soon flourish into a wash of soothing color. The distance between Unki and her guests might have deterred the noise of a little, wistful sound of a musing sigh drawn beside the only thought she could manage between the lulling peace of memory. "Ten years of pretty flowers." Ten years of something more she wanted to say but couldn’t find the words to express.

Ephemeral Ozymandias

Regalina Kaicho

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
▱▰▱The empress's choice of footwear was puzzling to Kenshin as he followed her into the wisteria gardens. He rubbed the back of his head as he noticed the strange cutesy socks. When they stepped into the gardens he looked around. He was glad that Unki explained the blooming cycle. He knew next to nothing about botany. "That would be lucky." He said in response to her remarks about the wedding day taking place during the first bloom. He knew that having a wedding on the imperial palace grounds would be certain to impress his grandparents and the other nobles as well. "The garden is still beautiful even without the flowers in bloom. Thank you again for the great honor of this venue." Unki's sentimentality about the garden was readily apparent. That was enough of a special significance for him that would take it beyond any standard venue that they could simply rent. The police captain took his fiancee by the arm and walked over the bridge. With Unki's generosity and Ada's new presence in his life, he felt as though he could fully appreciate beauty for the first time. He looked over the railing of the bridge into the pond and over at the wisteria. It was an expansive and naturally stunning place. Kenshin would enjoy Ada and Unki's company in the garden for another hour before indicating their exit. "Well, there's much to be done. We'll be in regular communications with you about the wedding and the Pale Citadel's construction. Thank you for paying us the honor of your time, Empress." Kenshin bowed deeply and formally before he and Ada would part from the palace and return to architecting their new life together on the horizon.

Technique Used:
• [ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Technique Active:
• [ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Inactive
Human Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive
Status Effects:
• None

Personal Attributes

E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3

Weapon Specs
Ability Summary:

Regalina Kaicho

Hurrak

𝔸𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕧𝕖

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items