Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply The Sparks of Revolution
Questions and Input Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:30 am
In_Need_OF_User_Name
Question or Issue: Questions... If I make an RPC can the village I be from be nonexistent in the RP or canon? Does it have to be canon or SR canon? I have a character I would really enjoy bringing into this world but it takes place in the accepted fanon and so far seems to be nonexistent in SR Canon.
Relevant Links:

Couple questions here, let me try to answer them in order.
1. Another moderator may answer differently. Your charcater can be just about from anywhere you'd like. We do have a map outlining known established countries which are all from canon (Manga, movie, anime) which I can supply q link to if you need it. However, if you're character is from a HIDDEN VILLAGE [ a shinobi village with a Kage leader] that isn't exactly from our universe other characters wouldn't have prior knowledge of it being a place.
Obscure, smaller non-hidden villages without a kage leader, located in a pre-existing country can exist without question.

2. You can identify as a wanderer if your character doesn't PRESENTLY live within on of the established locations. If you like, you can include a brief story in your history about where they live now, if your character does not belong to one of the established villages/locations.

There is more freedom to shape the world outside the 5 locations we have.
The moderator team can help you further if something is causing a slight hiccup.

Note: I can see where you're coming from. I have Naruto OCs that do not originate in SR but have managed to slip in as NPC (including my main RPC) as alternative versions just for the sake of shaking things up. I've bent my personal stories to suit the universe here just to seem more "lore friendly". I understand this may not be something you're interested in doing. I understand some creators abstain from changes. I thought I would be as well, but I had a lot of fun changing up little details for alternative versions of ym characters.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:32 pm
Hurrak
In_Need_OF_User_Name
Question or Issue: Questions... If I make an RPC can the village I be from be nonexistent in the RP or canon? Does it have to be canon or SR canon? I have a character I would really enjoy bringing into this world but it takes place in the accepted fanon and so far seems to be nonexistent in SR Canon.
Relevant Links:

Couple questions here, let me try to answer them in order.
1. Another moderator may answer differently. Your charcater can be just about from anywhere you'd like. We do have a map outlining known established countries which are all from canon (Manga, movie, anime) which I can supply q link to if you need it. However, if you're character is from a HIDDEN VILLAGE [ a shinobi village with a Kage leader] that isn't exactly from our universe other characters wouldn't have prior knowledge of it being a place.
Obscure, smaller non-hidden villages without a kage leader, located in a pre-existing country can exist without question.

2. You can identify as a wanderer if your character doesn't PRESENTLY live within on of the established locations. If you like, you can include a brief story in your history about where they live now, if your character does not belong to one of the established villages/locations.

There is more freedom to shape the world outside the 5 locations we have.
The moderator team can help you further if something is causing a slight hiccup.

Note: I can see where you're coming from. I have Naruto OCs that do not originate in SR but have managed to slip in as NPC (including my main RPC) as alternative versions just for the sake of shaking things up. I've bent my personal stories to suit the universe here just to seem more "lore friendly". I understand this may not be something you're interested in doing. I understand some creators abstain from changes. I thought I would be as well, but I had a lot of fun changing up little details for alternative versions of ym characters.

I wouldn't know how to go about explaining his clan, much less his dojutsu without mentioning kage that may have never existed. I understand though. Always nice to think up something new or maybe rework another.  

In_Need_OF_User_Name

Evil Toaster Yokai

Distinct Hunter

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:47 am
I can't provide exact details publicly.

I have 2 questions, both starting with the same concept.

If I were to have a character unlock their advanced dojutsu in Stages (like unlocked in 1 eye but not the other):

1.) Would I need to do 2 seperate missions to acquire the upgrades, or would I just need to do the one and keep the other locked narratively?

2.) What would be the limitations on the bloodline with having only 1 eye in the awakened stage, if any? Or would that be something to determine myself?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:44 pm
In_Need_OF_User_Name

I wouldn't know how to go about explaining his clan, much less his dojutsu without mentioning kage that may have never existed. I understand though. Always nice to think up something new or maybe rework another.

Alright. Maybe something neat will come out of your time here! Let us know if you need anything else.

I would like to offer advice! As a new member, that the best way to learn more about the guild is to check out the tutorial . This will give you a handy quick overview of essentials.

Read systems as you need them. Feel free to join us on the discord!  

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

In_Need_OF_User_Name

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:09 pm
Hurrak
Fu Yes I have a lot to do still but what village should I join? Not really sure what to write the lore on.
Also what are the base stats for Genin because I keep losing everything? 😂  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:06 pm
In_Need_OF_User_Name
Hurrak
Fu Yes I have a lot to do still but what village should I join? Not really sure what to write the lore on.

Base stats (chakra/stamina) are determined by classes. Stat Points (speed, strength, agility, endurance) are granted primarily by Stages 3 and 6 of Buki/Tai styles, and have a cap that's also set by classes  

Evil Toaster Yokai

Distinct Hunter

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:31 pm
In_Need_OF_User_Name
Hurrak

As far as villages go...
Konohagakure is currently active and happy to take you as a first timer to SR.
I'm not trying to lead you with bias, actually lol
Everywhere else would be fantastic choices for secondary characters!

I would not recommend Amegakure for first time players only if you would be interested in a brutal environment.
Tanigakure is also a nice place.
Arashigakure is also a nice place. A little slow moving at the moment.

Once you've selected your village, we can give you a crash course on lore.

I think Toaster covered the base stats for Genin.

Title ranks determine your character's in-story responsibility.
Body ranks determine your character's strength, stats, power etc.

Check out this page for Chakra/Stamina at your body rank
Shinobi Classes

Helpful tips:
As far as profile building, when referencing content that we don't have such as a specific clan or bloodline consider adding that information to either your character's name or biography.

On profile skeletons the Bloodline section does have a somewhat of a system function as it helps you and everyone else understand any benefits, jutsu that go to your character. Please select any of our approved bloodlines/clans OR leave the section blank with a simple "None" to make use of one (typically just one) of our non-bloodline options so you can get yourself a set of cool personal attributes.

[Loyaty, Duty, Respect... etc etc can be listed as your bloodline if you wanted.

Take a spin with customizing your character and we will be here to help you.

Edit : took a look at your working profile,

Quote:
if you're using Salt as an element, then make sure you've got the earth element listed instead. Salt does not exist in SR as a stand-alone element.

Elements are the standard 5 : fire, water, earth, wind, lightning. Even bloodlines that use funky elements such as salt, require the base element. This is a good thing, I promise.

Your elements should therefore look like this:
Chakra Element: Futon(Wind), Doton(Earth), Suiton(Water)

It finally occurred to me, that one of the only ways I know that Jack class ninja can use bloodline techniques are through implants.

You cannot start with implants but you are allowed to acquire some fairly early on. We prefer our members to make somewhat of a story out of gaining an implant now (when gained outside of certain class disciplines).

In order to use salt, this item is currently only available through the
Hogosha. Reference this clan for salt use. . I would not require you to start in Zaishin if you wanted to use the Hogosha bloodline. You do not have to include "Hogosha" in your characters name either to use it.

We're available if you have questions about what you can and can't use. Some questions, after character approval, may be directed to the approvals with any custom content submission for better, efficient assessment.

I can't give a lot of input about Jack class because I'm not familiar with the ins and outs. Therefore, another moderator may catch something I haven't and offer you alternative routes if something is off. But the bulk of feedback and building from other moderators will come to you in Profile approval. It'll be worth it!

Quote:

I think it's great that you want to use the Gladiator career! We have a couple great perks available from that.
I think, however, you only get access to PA's after you start the missions? (Which are as simple or as complicated as you want to them to be).

You're smart to pick the easy approvable PA's for starting out. Make sure you specify what you're claiming from said attributes for everyone's sake of understanding and keeping track of what you selected.

i.e:
▱▰▱ Born Sealer | NBPA | Increase a resource pool by up to 100 or two resource pools by 50.
I would turn into:
▱▰▱ Born Sealer | NBPA | +100 Chakra
or
▱▰▱ Born Sealer | NBPA | +50 Stamina, +50 Chakra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:35 pm
Can we use the profile storage to edit the profile? Like, for it to be U/C until it can be finished and sent to the subforum for approval?
I normally take a couple days to finish a profile lol. Just wanted to make sure. D:<

Labilia

Popular Star

8,650 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friendly 100

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:46 am
Labilia
Can we use the profile storage to edit the profile? Like, for it to be U/C until it can be finished and sent to the subforum for approval?
I normally take a couple days to finish a profile lol. Just wanted to make sure. D:<

Yes! Take the quotes out if you don't want to notify us of all of your edits.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:27 am
Hurrak
In_Need_OF_User_Name
Hurrak

As far as villages go...
Konohagakure is currently active and happy to take you as a first timer to SR.
I'm not trying to lead you with bias, actually lol
Everywhere else would be fantastic choices for secondary characters!

I would not recommend Amegakure for first time players only if you would be interested in a brutal environment.
Tanigakure is also a nice place.
Arashigakure is also a nice place. A little slow moving at the moment.

Once you've selected your village, we can give you a crash course on lore.

I think Toaster covered the base stats for Genin.

Title ranks determine your character's in-story responsibility.
Body ranks determine your character's strength, stats, power etc.

Check out this page for Chakra/Stamina at your body rank
Shinobi Classes

Helpful tips:
As far as profile building, when referencing content that we don't have such as a specific clan or bloodline consider adding that information to either your character's name or biography.

On profile skeletons the Bloodline section does have a somewhat of a system function as it helps you and everyone else understand any benefits, jutsu that go to your character. Please select any of our approved bloodlines/clans OR leave the section blank with a simple "None" to make use of one (typically just one) of our non-bloodline options so you can get yourself a set of cool personal attributes.

[Loyaty, Duty, Respect... etc etc can be listed as your bloodline if you wanted.

Take a spin with customizing your character and we will be here to help you.

Edit : took a look at your working profile,

Quote:
if you're using Salt as an element, then make sure you've got the earth element listed instead. Salt does not exist in SR as a stand-alone element.

Elements are the standard 5 : fire, water, earth, wind, lightning. Even bloodlines that use funky elements such as salt, require the base element. This is a good thing, I promise.

Your elements should therefore look like this:
Chakra Element: Futon(Wind), Doton(Earth), Suiton(Water)

It finally occurred to me, that one of the only ways I know that Jack class ninja can use bloodline techniques are through implants.

You cannot start with implants but you are allowed to acquire some fairly early on. We prefer our members to make somewhat of a story out of gaining an implant now (when gained outside of certain class disciplines).

In order to use salt, this item is currently only available through the
Hogosha. Reference this clan for salt use. . I would not require you to start in Zaishin if you wanted to use the Hogosha bloodline. You do not have to include "Hogosha" in your characters name either to use it.

We're available if you have questions about what you can and can't use. Some questions, after character approval, may be directed to the approvals with any custom content submission for better, efficient assessment.

I can't give a lot of input about Jack class because I'm not familiar with the ins and outs. Therefore, another moderator may catch something I haven't and offer you alternative routes if something is off. But the bulk of feedback and building from other moderators will come to you in Profile approval. It'll be worth it!

Quote:

I think it's great that you want to use the Gladiator career! We have a couple great perks available from that.
I think, however, you only get access to PA's after you start the missions? (Which are as simple or as complicated as you want to them to be).

You're smart to pick the easy approvable PA's for starting out. Make sure you specify what you're claiming from said attributes for everyone's sake of understanding and keeping track of what you selected.

i.e:
▱▰▱ Born Sealer | NBPA | Increase a resource pool by up to 100 or two resource pools by 50.
I would turn into:
▱▰▱ Born Sealer | NBPA | +100 Chakra
or
▱▰▱ Born Sealer | NBPA | +50 Stamina, +50 Chakra

Eh thanks for trying to help but this is just to complicated and not enough room to mess around for me. I'll just take my leave. The more I read the less fun this actually seems  

In_Need_OF_User_Name

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:48 pm
In_Need_OF_User_Name

That is unfortunate. A lot of new players feel that character building, starting out, is the hardest hurdle and then the rest of the roleplay is smooth sailing.

We're available on the discord for fast responses in the event you ever want to try again in the future. We would be happy to have you.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:31 am
Question or Issue: Wouldn't a target suffer Trauma from Human Bullet Tank technique? Its kind of mistyped or one of its sentences wasn't finished :/
[Upon impact the target suffers a rank higher of The user must pay an upkeep cost of two ranks below it's initial use every two posts.] this is the sentence that wasn't quite finished in the Akimichi technique
Relevant Links: [x]
P.S. Human Bullet Tank is the very first technique a Akimichi can learn or use  

KibitzRajas

Fluffy Swapper

4,925 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

KibitzRajas

Fluffy Swapper

4,925 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:39 pm
Question or Issue: Can someone please check my two customs here?
Relevant Links: [x]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:24 am
Can someone please translate what is in red?

â–° Personal Attributes Can
• Reduce a technique type's resource cost by [1] rank. Such as a specific type of ninjutsu (ex. katon), genjutsu (ex. enchantment), two taijutsu styles (ex. strong fist and kaiser fist), two bukijutsu styles (ex. phantom slayer and honshi art), etc. You can only have one PA of this type per RPC.
• Increase a resource pool by up to 100 or two resource pools by 50.
• Reduce the paragraph count of crafting by up to [2] with a minimum of [1] required to advance in a crafting title.
• Increase advancement by up to [2] in [1] specific crafting branch per PA.
• Increase [1] special max in [1] specific crafting branch per PA.
• Increase a stat by [2] points as long as it does not break the stat cap.
• Grant access to an additional element. Only [1] PA of this type per RPC.
• Increase the number of techniques learned of a certain type (ex. taijutsu) per paragraph by [1] per body rank (max 6).
• Grant up to 100 additional insects for Aburame only.
• Reduce handsigns to one-handed or somatic gestures as long as the time required to mold the chakra is the same.
• Grant up to 30,000 ryo.
• Ryo rewards may be increased up to 1.5x.
• Grant up to 5 custom technique slots.
• Grant up to 10 technique slots or 1 taijutsu/bukijutsu style.
• Apply additional chakra to chakra manifestations to bring them to life and give them [1] custom combat function. A chakra manifestation cannot be as robust in its function as a technique would be. For example, a chakra manifestation can be given chakra to act as spiritual armor or to cast genjutsu.
• Grant +5 Mechanism slots (can only claim this twice)
• Grant +2 Puppet points (can only claim this twice)

Bodhisattva Empress

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:29 am
Bodhisattva Empress
Can someone please translate what is in red?

â–° Personal Attributes Can
Increase [1] special max in [1] specific crafting branch per PA.

Increase to special rank maximum in 1 crafting branch, basically. Unless I'm wrong.
Personal attributes can only raise your crafting your crafting up to special in 1 branch at a time.  
The Sparks of Revolution

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff