Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply The Sparks of Revolution
Questions and Input Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prince_yureil

Liberal Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:10 pm
Ephemeral Ozymandias

Sorry gonk
Medical -Bukijutsu.

If you open up the medical class specialization/cross class list, the option for “Medical-Bukijutsu” is the same as the option that “TaiJutsu-bukijutsu” is meant to be and not the correct entry. The entry for “Bukijutsu-Medical” has the correct entry.

The second part im asking is if this going to cost me a respec to fix my character. It was the first character I made and they happened to be Medical-Bukijutsu class. I basically repaired the issues in my profile already >.< just need to know if It’d be the free respec or not. I didn’t change anything besides what I was required to, which was what I got wrong and me having to unlearn a style but that’s basically all.

Third is that Mustelids (as in weasels, Honey badgers, ferrets, minks, martins, otters, etc) deserve a place in the sagelands!!! *total personal bias* and I’m slowly putting some Ideas together so I’m basically wondering if you guys will be fine with me pitching it when I’m done or if It might be a futile effort XD!

sorry for multi-quote, wanted to fix up a typo or two -_-  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:28 pm
Prince_yureil
Ephemeral Ozymandias

Sorry gonk
Medical -Bukijutsu.

If you open up the medical class specialization/cross class list, the option for “Medical-Bukijutsu” is the same as the option that “TaiJutsu-bukijutsu” is meant to be and not the correct entry. The entry for “Bukijutsu-Medical” has the correct entry.

The second part im asking is if this going to cost me a respec to fix my character. It was the first character I made and they happened to be Medical-Bukijutsu class. I basically repaired the issues in my profile already >.< just need to know if It’d be the free respec or not. I didn’t change anything besides what I was required to, which was what I got wrong and me having to unlearn a style but that’s basically all.

Third is that Mustelids (as in weasels, Honey badgers, ferrets, minks, martins, otters, etc) deserve a place in the sagelands!!! *total personal bias* and I’m slowly putting some Ideas together so I’m basically wondering if you guys will be fine with me pitching it when I’m done or if It might be a futile effort XD!

sorry for multi-quote, wanted to fix up a typo or two -_-

Ah okay, I see the problem, fixed. And no, it doesn't require a respec, that'd be stupid.

We do have a summons update in the works to boost some of the older summons' combat viability and give them physical stats. More contracts are also being added in that update. Eva can give you more details than me about all things summons as well.

Ffionn

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

GalagaHero

Ice-Cold Combatant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:11 pm
Question or Issue: I haven't been able to find anything, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Is there a list of items one can purchase from a shop, anywhere?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:25 pm
GalagaHero
Question or Issue: I haven't been able to find anything, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Is there a list of items one can purchase from a shop, anywhere?

Here you go. This is kind of the de facto standard for markets guildwide as well.  

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Prince_yureil

Liberal Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:04 am
So scorch release users automatically start with a title in the teaching branch, does this ignore the aspect that becoming a teacher requires the person by of chuunin rank?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:31 am
Prince_yureil
So scorch release users automatically start with a title in the teaching branch, does this ignore the aspect that becoming a teacher requires the person by of chuunin rank?

Yes.  

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Rocket Punches

Dapper Hunter

2,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Launch Party 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:35 pm
Yozen technique, not fuin from the fuin listing. Use from tattoo formation or by applying it to a possession like a mask, yes or no? Also how trash are the 8 trigram techs if you remove chakra from them?

▰ Expansive Sealing Art [ Kakuchō Shīringuāto ] | Rank S
The user touches a surface, applying one of their tattoo's to the surface. When this is done, the user's tattoo expels chakra that effects a twenty foot radius per rank of the technique that allows effects of other techniques that target specific individuals who bear active tattoos to be applied to an area of effect instead. This requires an A rank upkeep cost every other post and replaces the duration for techniques cast when targeting this specific seal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:11 pm
Paper God [ Kami Kami ] | Rank S
Allows the user to create from paper any of the boss tiered summons. The user can only make one use at a time, and can only be used two times per fight. The summon created has all of the techniques and benefits of the original summon. This creature may be used as a base for any of the user's sealing techniques

This Jutsu, is it as awesome as it sounds? It is literally summoning the boss summon without it actually being the real summon? Like how does it mean “Benefits” does that include stats, elements and reserves? If not and if so would peerless summoner bonuses apply here? Based on the wording of peerless summoner I don’t believe it’d get the resources but potentially be able to get the ability to use shared elements and the collision bonuses.  

Prince_yureil

Liberal Lunatic

Rocket Punches

Dapper Hunter

2,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Launch Party 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:15 am
The dodge system post reads as slightly confusing to me. I believe I understand it, but it’s presentation in the rules forum has me second guessing that, as my impression is simpler than the post appears to me. Maybe it’s just my ADHD making it hard to parse information out of text sometimes, and if it is I’m very sorry for bothering you all. It might be helpful if it was a broader explanation and then shorter notes about things like Ninjutsu as the bullet points, instead of all bullet points. It might just be a formatting thing, as the way the list tag in BBCode butts its individual elements up against each other tends to make it hard for me to read, because my brain has trouble keeping track of where it is. Again, I’m really sorry if that’s all it is, I just don’t want to create an issue by missing something again.

As I understand it, there’s technique based dodges and deflections, which are things like Mirror Image Arts’ Sidstep. Just techniques that dodge or deflect, maybe with an added effect. Stats apply to these in the same way as any other technique, because they are techniques like any other. Then there is an X Rank Dodge, which is paying the required cost to dodge because you have no technique capable of doing so or you’re dodging nin. Basically, if your stats + your tech add up to more than the attack, then you succeed, otherwise pay the resource toll.

I’m unsure this is all there is though, mainly because aside from the X Rank dodge it just seems like that’s how the stuff is defined to work already, so it being listed as a separate system makes me worried I’m reading over something important without realizing it.

A couple other things are tripping me up as well, though. The first bullet point only mentions that endurance and agility count for complex techniques. This seems like a typo, but I figured I’d double check since I’ve misunderstood how stats worked before. The other point of confusion for me is the stuff about how basic combat interacts with this, since it’s something I’ve not used before. It seems like I could, for example, say “well, my character has up to S rank basic combat thanks to being B rank, so they can just like jump for whatever amount of chakra and dodge this attack” and list it as basic combat that still has stats applied, but that feels like it’s not right, mainly in regards to how that would seem to interact with other things, specifically high rank Taijutsu.

I feel like I’m missing something because it doesn’t feel like Rieyar, for example, should be able to stack up a couple points of agility from a temporary technique and then dodge S+ rank Simple and S rank Complex Taijutsu and Bukijutsu with a C rank Basic Combat action that I came up with off the top of my head.

Since I thought about it while writing this, I also have questions about Paper Style Dancing. It says passive, but it also mentions being used as if it were an active technique and in conjunction with the dodging mechanic.

I assumed this means that it does not cost an activation, and had assumed that Passive techniques incurred no in-combat cost unless otherwise noted, but there are other Passive / Training techniques ( which the Taijutsu and Bukijutsu system threads say functionally become passive after learning ) that seem like they logically should incur cost / use activations; or are worded in ways that seem like they suggest they do, but don’t say they cost a certain amount like other training techniques. Of the ones I’ve encountered, Mirror Image Arts’ Multi Mirror Image Training stands out, and I’ve posted it below Paper Style Dancing.

I’m also curious how Paper Style Dancing interacts with the stats overcap system, as beyond B rank most RPCs will overcap automatically, meaning this would allow them to use their stats to dodge spiritual techs whenever this is used. Is that how this works? Or is it limited to only complex and simple?

Quote:
▰ Paper Style Dancing [ Shikigami no Mai ] | Rank E l Passive
Using their high origami and ninjutsu skills, the user will turn their body into many sheets of paper. This paper can create feathers for floating. When used in conjunction with the dodging mechanic, this technique allows the user to evade taijutsu and bukijutsu techniques with 2 points of agility of body ranks D-C, 4 points of agility for body ranks B-A, and 6 points of agility S-S+. The amount of times permitted to utilize this benefit depend on the rank of the user. E-D may use this twice per fight, C ranks may use this three times, B ranks may use it 5 times, A-ranks may use it six, S-ranks may use it seven times, and S+ ranks may use it eight times per fight. Keep in mind that even with using this technique the maximum cap the ninja may reach with this technique is eight in agility.

Quote:
▰ Multi-Mirror Image Training | Rank A | Training
The user has learned to control their chakra in a fine manner which allows them to create an additional mirror image per rank of the technique it is executed with. These additional images do not increase the strength of the parent technique.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:38 pm
Prince_yureil
Yeah that's how that technique works. Pretty much acts exactly like that boss summons for all intent and purposes except for the resource pool. Those benefits could be their ability as well. Hope that answers your question Prince.

Rocket Punches
The dodge system is mostly there to explain how dodging an actual technique occurs within the taijutsu/bukijutsu system. The most important part of that is just showing that you have a way to get out of any technique as long as you can pay the cost for the X rank Dodge technique. You were right that the part of the dodge system saying only complex techniques take into account agility and endurance. That was a typo and I changed that so it's for both simple and complex techniques. Overall it seems like you understand the system though.

Passive techniques generally do not cost an activation unless stated otherwise. But, they always have a cost at bare minimum. For the technique Paper Style Dancing, it may put you over the cap and allow you to dodge a single spiritual technique, but you can only do this four times per battle. So even though you can use Paper Style Dancing 8 times at S+ rank, you're only going to be able to use that over cap benefit of dodging a spiritual technique a total of 4 times regardless.

The point of basic combat is pretty much how you described it, but the main downfall of basic combat is you don't get all of those special things added to it that a normal technique might allow for. But, at the same time there's some limited creativity there. I hope that helps, but let me know if you need something cleared up more. The main thing was that passive techniques do cost some amount generally. In this case an E rank of chakra, but no activation.

Brooy
Crew

Omnipresent Cultist

Prince_yureil

Liberal Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:29 am
In crafting I believe there is an error with the legendary scroll rank summon resources.

Chakra based summons gain: [8] stat points in any category (with a four stat cap), and [2990] in resources.

The balanced summons only get 1800, which is over a thousand less. Plus when I look at legendary summons which would be two ranks higher, it gets 3200 resources and same stat amount.. I could be wrong but I think it’s worth mentioning.

Also do custom summons get elements? As in the scroll crafted summon that is.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:18 am
I know puppets were recently made so they couldn't use their activations on summon post. Summons don't appear to have that rule, are they meant to?  

Rocket Punches

Dapper Hunter

2,775 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Launch Party 100

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:15 am
Prince_yureil
In crafting I believe there is an error with the legendary scroll rank summon resources.

Chakra based summons gain: [8] stat points in any category (with a four stat cap), and [2990] in resources.

The balanced summons only get 1800, which is over a thousand less. Plus when I look at legendary summons which would be two ranks higher, it gets 3200 resources and same stat amount.. I could be wrong but I think it’s worth mentioning.

Also do custom summons get elements? As in the scroll crafted summon that is.

You're right! That's a discrepancy. We're dropping an update later this week to improve guidelines and a few related systems. I'll work with the balance team to reorganize the resources of custom summons through the scroll crafting system. Thanks for catching that!

Edit; my bad, there was more than one question there. My understanding is that each summon gets one element and then you can add a second (like contract summons have) if you've done enough projects that you benefit from the worker/craftsmen title that gives an additional element for customs.

Rocket Punches

I don't know if you were ever answered in Discord or otherwise but the answer is that summons follow clone rules for activations. Puppets don't because they solely have one activation and this prevents a sudden influx of activations upon bringing puppets to the battlefield. I am sure Bun could offer a more nuanced explanation if you cared for one but that is the way it's been explained to the rest of us moderators.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:46 am
Prince_yureil

I'd like to issue a correction without spamming Rocket's inbox. You can give scroll crafted summons two elements at creation!

Additionally, please do message me with some of your ideas for Mustelids if you feel so inclined. I'd like to work on that in April.

ghostfinch

Seeker

The Sparks of Revolution

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas