Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
City of Glasgow ~ Scotland

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:15 pm
Glasgow, Scotland

User Image

Glasgow is the most populous city in Scotland, and the third most populous city in the United Kingdom. Historically part of Lanarkshire, the city now forms the Glasgow City council area, one of the 32 council areas of Scotland; the local authority is Glasgow City Council. Glasgow is situated on the River Clyde in the country's West Central Lowlands. It is the fifth most visited city in the UK.

Glasgow is a port city on the River Clyde in Scotland's western Lowlands. It's famed for its Victorian and art nouveau architecture, a rich legacy of the city's 18th–20th-century prosperity due to trade and shipbuilding. Today it's a national cultural hub, home to institutions including the Scottish Opera, Scottish Ballet and National Theatre of Scotland, as well as acclaimed museums and a thriving music scene.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:17 pm
User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny had a plan in place but was hoping it wasn't obvious he had scored a spot in Auror training which was nice having a paycheck. Not that he didn't love his grandma but she shouldn't have to pay for him any longer than required. He had an older box containing his grandma's ring. She insisted he used it. Grandpa had passed before Vinny had even been born and she was sure he wouldn't mind. They had gone out for lunch which was usually Vinny ordering two meals and Aeryn ordering one. But he decided a nice stroll in the park would be the opportune time. Aeryn wasn't one to want to be all center of attention or something like this beside it felt more romantic. He did wonder how the hell he was going too if he tried that traditional one knee thing he probably still would be taller than Aeryn. It was fall so there were half the leaves on the ground with every in pretty fall colors. Though he was happy to enjoy it with Aeryn.

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean
                                                                            Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Park in Glasgow
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Vinny
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? After-Lunch Walk
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? The leaves are so crunchy!

Aeryn was glad for the day off. Since starting up her own business, she'd been surprisingly busy. Luckily, their little place had a small yard with a shed, which she was able to magically enhance into a rather large work space (big enough for her and Vinny to move comfortably, anyway). She'd even managed to save enough between Vinny's first job and a couple small commissions (and maybe a gift from Cian, whatever) to afford a nice 3D printer, which was safely in the house away from all her broom magic. After a rather stressful first few months living on their own, Vinny made a suggestion to take a date-day. Of course, Aeryn was on board. Work would be there tomorrow.

After eating a big lunch at their favorite restaurant, Vinny mentioned wanting to take a nice walk around the park. After wrapping herself in her warm jacket and pulling her favorite hat (with a pompom) on, the duo took to the park. Aeryn stopped a few times to jump in crunchy leaf piles, giggling like a mad woman each time she did. "I'm really glad you had this idea. It's a really lovely day. The trees are all nice and fall-colored." She grinned up at her ever tall boyfriend, tucking her small hand into his warm grasp. She was still counting all her lucky stars she'd decided to make friends with the tall weirdo way back in first year.

Kungfudemoness

They can say that I won't stay around, but I'm gonna stand my ground
You're not gonna stop me. You don't know me, you don't know who I am
Don't count me out so fast! There will be no fade out, his is not the end
I'm down now, but i'll be standing tall again
Times are hard but I was built tough I'm gonna show you all what I'm made of
I've been brought down to my knees and I've been pushed way past the point of breaking
But I can take it! I'll be back, back on my feet! This is far from over! You haven't seen the last of me!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:33 pm
User Image

Vinny wast so mature that he wouldnt also jump in leaves. Letting Aeryn suggle against against him as the walked and encountered more piles he spotted the best pile ever. Probably blown together by a landcaper it was under a large oak with low by his standards branches. "Oh hey looks we got a motherload. Race ya!" Hes aid before jogging that way. By shear leg lengh alone he prob leave Aeryn in the dust but he wasnt that bad. After a small jog he turned and jogged backwards. "Come on I can only run so slow!" He teased letting Aeryn catch up and pass him a bit before turning back around. Aeryn would win but just barely. Chuckling as the likely ruined the landscapers work, they ended up tossing leaves at each other, sticking them up shirts and into hoods then hoods put over heads. All in all having a grand old time.

Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:52 pm
User ImageUser Image

Aeryn was glad that Vinny was allowing her to indulge her childish side a bit. Autumn was her favorite season, if only because her dad used to tease that her hair matched the leaves. After a while, Vinny spotted a massive pile of leaves. Wonderful! He started running (albeit very slowly), so she laughed as she hurried to catch up. It wasn't a super fair match, but that was fine. "Shut up! You know I have little legs!" She pushed herself faster, ending by running into Vinny with a bright laugh.

The two quickly became entrenched in a rather epic leaf battle, each of them putting leaves somewhere to bother the other, including up Vinny's shirt, tucked into her hood, and anywhere else they could. It was great fun, with both laughing and reliving their silly childhood self. Toward the end, she subtly slipped a small handful of leaves into Vinny's pocket, hoping he wouldn't notice until they made it home, that way, she'd officially have the win. "What's next? If we head out, there's a cafe that makes some great hot chocolate. And they use rainbow marshmallows, which just makes it better by default." The short redhead grinned up at her tall companion, wondering if he had any plans.

Kungfudemoness

I've been brought down to my knees and I've been pushed way past the point of breaking
But I can take it! I'll be back, back on my feet! This is far from over! You haven't seen the last of me!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:55 am
User Image

Vinny thanks to having larger hands probably got more leaves on Aeryn then she could on him that's why the last leaf would win. As he extracted the leaves that got shoved up his shirt Aeryn mentioned rainbow marshmallow hot cocoa. Already wanting the largest size they could do, Vinny had one more thing in mind beforehand. "That sounds like the best idea ever but I got something important I want to ask you first." He said before scooping her up to steal a kiss. Being just shy of double her height had some advantages. After the smooch and playful spinning he set her on a way more than thick enough branch to hold her. Hell it could probably support him. He dug into the pants pocket to procure the prize. "Hang on, wrong pocket." He said, switching to the other one and finding the tiny box.

For once he was thankful for big hands. He kept his hand around it to conceal what it was. "I got something special for you. A way to show I appreciate us. You never saw me as the weirdly tall guy in a bad way and you helped me come to love myself and I'd like us to be more than best friends and boyfriend and girlfriend." He said a bit on the sheepish side. Sure now the giant moths of his stomach wake up now. Mothra was doing laps. He finally opened his hand to show the, while normal sized ring box, it was almost comically small compared to his hand. He carefully popped it open though he was sure Aeryn knew what it was."Do you want to marry this giant ball of weirdness?" He so hoped she was ok with it. He so hoped he wasn't rushing it either.

Miss GryffindorK

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:46 am
User ImageUser Image

Just as Aeryn was preparing to make the trek back toward the park gates, Vinny said he had something more important to ask. "More important than hot cocoa? Did you miss the part about rainbow marshmallows?" She grinned, laughing quietly. It was then that Vinny scooped her up off her feet, earning a squeal from the redhead. They took a second to share a kiss, then he set her on a tree branch. This, naturally, confused the young woman, who didn't normally sit in trees (at least not since she broke her arm in half trying to climb one, anyway). Coppery-brown eyes watched the boy nervously root through his pockets, earning a curious look.

Vinny mentioned having something special for her, and then started a weird speech. He was saying how he appreciated her, which brought on a smile, then earned a confused look when he said he wanted to be more. What more was there? ... ... ... Oh... He offered her a box with a ring inside, something that looked far fancier than anything she currently owned. She heard his question, but it rather stumped her. "Vinny... you want to... you want to marry me? I... of course I want to marry you. This is all rather unexpected. And here I am with leaves in my hair, stuck in a tree." Knowing his large hands weren't the most nimble, Aeryn took the ring from the box and put it on her own hand, admiring the sparkles in the autumnal sunlight.

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Glasgow Park
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Super Seven & Co
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Post-Wedding Party
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hate being nauseous

Aeryn was... confused. She was ecstatic that she was officially married to Vinny, but terribly nervous about the growing lump in her belly. She had yet to tell her parents, but Vinny seemed okay with her waiting. Perhaps she'd see if Cian would go with her. Their parents looooooooved Cian, after all. She sighed softly, holding Vinny's hand. Their friends had hosted a small party to celebrate their getting married (even if it was just at the ministry), and she was determined to enjoy it.

She looked over at her friends, all of whom were mingling happily. Where would she be without her weird group of friends? Certainly not here. Coughing slightly, Aeryn stepped up. "H-hey guys, I just wanted to thank you for everything. This has been a really great day, and I'm glad to have all my best friends around." She smiled, tipping the little flute of sparkling apple juice Kam had brought. She looked up at Vinny, her husband, and squeezed his hand. Carefully, she nestled into his side, her dress swished around her knees as she moved. A small bubble of nausea rolled over, but she was lucky enough to keep everything down. Her hand slipped free from Vinny's, the redhead laying her hand on the small bump forming in her belly.

Kungfudemoness

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

trickblues

I'm down now, but I'll be standing tall again

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:00 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vinny was ecstatic for today he had gotten the week off from work so he could get married to simply the best, albeit spicy, person he knew and not have to go to work in the morning. He had been worried if they could financially take the time off but his grandma refused to let him worry and made sure he wouldn't have any money worries for his special day. Sure they might do a grander ceremony down the line but even with doing the simple paperwork legally making them a couple and a picnic in a park it was still the best party ever. Perhaps waiting might have been good but after finding out the had a little gremlin brewing and already intended to tie the knot the decided why not now. It would make things easier down the road if something were to happen. "Perhaps the bubbles will help tame the tiny beast?" He said quietly to Aeryn as she leaned on him. He could tell her stomach was bugging her. He had his own nagging worry for Aeryn and their belly demon. No matter what the kid was going to be quarter giant and considering his own mom..... today he wasn't going to worry. He had friends and his own growing (literally!) family.

Miss GryffindorK

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Glasgow Park
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? S7 and Yang
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Vinaeryn Reception
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? They're so good for each other

Kam was really happy today had gone on without too many issues. He'd been invited to be Vinny's best man, and it was a title he wore with honor. Once they finished, the group apparated to the Cloutier house, then walked to the park together. He'd already reserved one of the large gazebos, so their party was in a nice, shady spot. He got a three tiered "cake" made of cupcakes for easy eating, then a bunch of snacks and drinks. Thankfully nothing was too difficult to set up.

When Aeryn started her little speech, Kam offered a smile, before raising his glass. "Hear, hear! Here's to your happiness, my friends. Hope you have a long and happy marriage." He sipped the sparkling apple juice, then wrapped an arm loosely around Yang's shoulders. Eventually, he figured, everyone there would be getting married, and he couldn't wait, honestly. It truly was a sign of growing up. They were all settling into work and into relationships, so of course it was natural to start families and stuff too. Either way, he couldn't be more happy to be here celebrating Vinny and Aeryn's big day.

Kungfudemoness

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

trickblues

Bʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ, I ɴᴏᴡ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ. Oꜰᴛᴇɴ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜʏ I ᴛʀʏ ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴅ
Sᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡᴇɪɢʜs ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛs ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ
Iᴛ's ᴛʀᴜᴇ, I'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ɪᴛ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ! A ʙʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ ɪs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ
Tᴏᴅᴀʏ I'ᴠᴇ ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀɪɴ ɪs ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴇs ᴀ sᴏᴍʙᴇʀ sᴄᴇɴᴇ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴛ
Bᴜᴛ I ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴡᴀʀᴍᴛʜ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ sᴋɪɴ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʟɪɢɴᴇᴅ
Tʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ ʜᴀs ʙʟᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴇʀ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:13 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

20 years || Ravenclaw Alumna|| halfblood animagus
Cursebreaker

Sonora was elated-- two of her closest friends were getting married today! There had been an emotional morning for the girls, but the entire ceremony had proceeded perfectly. And Sona not only got to be part of the celebrations, but had been able to support Aeryn close-up as her maid of honor. It was such a small ceremony though, that she felt like it was almost just another day with her best friends-- with some extra-happy celebration and extra-cute clothes!

Somewhere between sharp remarks, sleepy study sessions, panicking over coffee habits or glasses, and conversations about flying, faces or fears for the future, she and Aeryn had become close friends. Of course Vinny was the intermediary that had started Jonah and Ves’s prank war from the first year, was a reliable source of the cuddliest of hugs, a keeper even after he was done with Quidditch. Watching how Aeryn held his hand tight, how Vinny nestled her close, how they communicated adoration with every glance-without a doubt, they were everything to each other. They had been through so much together, that untangling their lives seemed as impossible as she would say for herself and Jonah. Sona laced her fingers through her own fiance’s, and beamed at the happy view, their happy group of friends, and the happy couple. “To Aeryn, to Vinny, and to the little one on the way -- I know you’ll always find love and happiness with each other and am so excited for you! Congratulations!”

Kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

User Image User ImageUser Image
Okay, you're here... Now, where do I start?
From the time you were asleep,
or every moment that we've been apart?
So many things that I'd like to say!
Stories worth a thousand light years, or
at least enough to fill the space!

♫♪
~"Zenzenzense"by RADWIMPS, cover by Akane Sasu Sora

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:52 pm

User Image❈✾
YANGQIAO YARROW YU

20 years || Changlong alumna || muggleborn
Healer-in-Training
Potions and Plant Poisonings, St. Mungo's Hospital

"To Vinny and Aeryn!” Yarrow echoed.

For Yarrow, there had never been an Aeryn or Vinny without each other. Barely three years ago, Vinny was just the super tall guy, and Aeryn was his small and feisty girlfriend and Yang was probably just ‘Kam’s pen pal’ to them. Now, Yang couldn’t help but smile at the little stack of cupcakes, the gazebo with only 11 people gathered around, and notice that she was one of the few invited. The wedding had been a lovely event-- small, cute, and just friends-- there was no pleasantries or niceties, no family drama, just them, their baby, and their friends, genuinely celebrating each other.

“Hey. So I don’t know about you guys, but as far as I was aware, the job of the guests are to get the groom drunk. We might not have alcohol today, but there are bubble-bubblies. So-- Mr. Cloutier, Mrs. Cloutier, and you, Baby Cloutier-- good health and happiness to all of you, and may you have plenty of cider and cake,” she toasted, and downed the whole flute.

setting Cloutier Wedding, Summer 2051 || with Super Seven friends
appearance 5'8", 155 lbs || wearing green dress
status This is a really cute wedding

Kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I turn another page of my biography
And all the mysteries begin to fall in place
I wonder why I wasted so much precious time
I'd never find my life inside this cluttered room
✾❈