Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Holds & Halls
[PRP] Longing, Pining (Zayinth/Xiezhith + Riders)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:54 am
Xiezhith was restless - again. It had been getting harder and harder for R'til to peel the dragon away, physically, when they needed to leave and the blue had begun to assert his own will against him to make time for visitations more and more. R'til was usually an unwilling participant in visits away from the Healer Hall and this day was no different. Xiezhith had at least found a nice stretch that he'd chosen to make a consistent meeting place and R'til had taken to longer walks in the area to keep from the proximity of schmoozing dragons - not that he was ever free of it through the bond.

I didn't complain when it was you, it was a loaded statement, R'til's heart still a raw and broken thing that would perhaps never heal. He'd allowed it to upend his life and he knew that Xiezhith held it against him. You need to decide what you're doing instead of pretending you're considering it. He'd cut straight to the heart of it while they waited.

Only one of them had any impatience about it, however.

Uta
Kind of a vague placement LMAO, but DERGS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:45 am
Life was busy for T'sal and Zayinth, though perhaps, not in a way that either rider or dragon found satisfactory. It had been a couple Turns now since a certain someone had left the troublesome greenrider heartbroken and downright devastated, and he had thrown himself deep into his work--and others' beds--to try to escape the pain.

Heartache and loss was a terrible thing... but the green rider refused to let it get him down. At least, that's what he kept telling himself. He had never needed that man, had never been in love, and was fine. He was T'sal, by Faranth's sake, and he was too clever to let his heart be so affected. At least, that's what he had told himself from the very start, and what he told Zayinth nearly every day.

The Turn's hadn't changed this. While he might have moved on, or claimed to have moved on, his life was no better than where he'd once been. Marks no longer satisfied him, now that he had no one to spend them on; his little fire-lizard, though he adored him, was a constant reminder of what he'd lost; and his constant travels only brought back memories. Cal had ruined everything, and T'sal was absolutely bitter about it. The fact he refused to acknowledge that he had fallen in love certainly didn't help; but one thing he knew was to avoid ever being so ensnared again.

Of course, Zayinth had found herself caught by a blue, and not just any blue--but a blue that was somehow cut of a different cloth. Where T'sal had expected her to simply move along, as she always had (primarily due to T'sal's travels) for some reason she had remained in contact with Xiezhith. And, stranger still, the blue continued to show up to fawn over his most beloved green. While he was happy for her, he also was mildly irritated at the whole affair; it was clear his dragon was in love, and it almost felt like betrayal.

But the one being T'sal could never say no to, the one being T'sal truly did love more than himself and his comforts, was he most beloved green. She was his world, and he would never, ever, wish an pain upon her. But Xiexhith, on the other hand, had been looked upon with suspicion. Just let the blue try to break his green's hearts after all this time--he was in for it now, if he tried.

Thankfully, Zayinth wasn't nearly so resentful, nor suspicious.

I'm not so foolish to think he might not someday find another. The little green spoke as she flew towards their destination. But I am eager to see him again. He has been far too good to me. I hope... I hope we might stay some time today? Surely, T'sal could chatter with R'til, or if nothing else, consider their next move. Trouble was beginning to pile up as T'sal had been rash and careless, burned a few bridges, and fallen into bed (literally and physically) with some highly questionable sorts.

But she would try not to worry about that today. Today, she would get to see the most handsome dragon ever shelled upon Pern.

Thankfully, it did not take the little green long to appear. As soon as she saw the familiar shade of blue, she gave a happy trumpet in greeting, her eyes immediately whirling a fond purple. She circled overhead once, so she might admire the dragon from afar, before landing delicately not far from where he sat. Xiezhith! The little green was more than a little impatient as Hers slid from her shoulder, and removed her riding straps and their gear. Still, she waited until she was free of such a burden, before trotting over to the blue, neck outstretched, yearning to make contact and nuzzle against him.

T'sal did his best to ignore them.

demon_pachabel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:46 am
R'til had been fortunate to have a little extra time in waiting to get Xiezhith's straps off, because if he'd not the blue would have dragged him along for the ride to go see Zayinth with a very visibly hurried pace so he could breach the gap between them and bump his head against hers. Whatever longing ache the blue had felt in impatiently waiting ebbed quickly, at least, leaving R'til to only soak in his own broken feelings.

Even a moment away has felt like an utter eternity, he greeted, soaking in the touch of his cheek against the small green's before moving to offer a wing to tuck her beneath. It may have been floral to many, but R'til knew it to be true - because Xiezhith had been unbearable about it, counting down every minute, every moment like a hungry child waiting for their next meal. I should hope all your days have been full of warm sunshine to bask in since we've last seen each other, the long distance chats weren't the same, after all.

R'til dragged both hands down his face and shot T'sal a look of sympathy - they were both rather mired in it, after all. "I promise I won't wax poetic at you," not that R'til never had before.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:41 pm
Zayinth was absolutely over-the-moons to see Xiezhith again. Her eyes whirled a bright purple-blue, and she thrummed her pleasure as the blue offered her a wing. The green dragon was only too happy to slide beneath, and cozy herself up against Xiezhith's side. Surely, she knew no greater dragon than this very blue--and she couldn't help but feel lucky, knowing that he seemed to care for her ever so.

Why she tried not to imagine him chasing other greens, or finding other companions while they were apart--she wasn't going to let herself believe that he was hers and hers alone. Even if she desperately wanted it. She wasn't brave enough to ask Xiezhith, and feared the answer if she asked--so the green simply enjoyed what she had.

I have missed you, terribly so. I've settled on many ledges and beaches since we were last together, but I will confess, it hasn't been nearly as nice without you there. She gave a small creel, a touch of grey coloring her multi-faceted eyes, before the purple swept it out. Have you and Yours been well? Do tell me all about your own adventures. She asked, genuinely interested. She wanted to know all about Xiezhith's exploits--never mind that they had probably spoke of them at a distance.

T'sal wanted to grimace, but Zayinth's utter joy made it difficult to truly be irritated. Though his own heart ached and was still bitter by the foul trick Cal had played on him, he couldn't ever deny his precious green the world. Having a blue to coo over for a few hours was the least he could do, after all. He did offer a half-smile, both amused and embittered by the whole thing. "Nothing like dragons in love, I guess," he almost spat the l-word, but his ire wasn't at Zayinth or her beau. "Care for a drink? Figure there's not much else to do 'round here while they're doing that." He gestured to the snuggled up pair, knowing full well they weren't likely to be parted anytime soon.

T'sal was never without some luxury--or some drink. He knew what to expect when Zayinth and Xiezhith's schedules aligned. He knew to come prepared. At least the view was decent enough--though T'sal might have preferred finding a place closer to a larger Hold.

demon_pachabel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:42 pm
There was no reassuring that could be done if Xiezhith didn't know it was needed, leaving him content to touch his muzzle to the top of Zayinth's head, humming at the perfect picture the green made tucked beneath a wing. All his, as far as he cared to think it, and a perfect spot to be adored so. That small touch of grey in her expression earned a small rumble of discontent - That simply won't do, hmmm... She did deserve to enjoy her beaches and ledges when she had them, but it wasn't as though it was easy to upearth R'til for such ventures.

R'til got the distinct feeling his blue was boring a dark glare into the back of his head, but he'd not even looked away from Zayinth.

We've mostly been the same circles we've always wound ourselves in - a quick ferry from here to there, a lot of listless waiting, waiting for Zayinth, waiting to do anything, R'til does as he always does and I wait for him to make the proper decision.

If R'til had been holding a drink, he'd have taken a sip from it defensively. "Maybe Dragons handle love easier than we ever can," sure there were several who could be just as heartbroken as a pair of unaffiliated riders who were talking drinks were, but dragons in general seemed just...more trusting in a way R'til couldn't place. "A drink may take the edge off all of them." R'til gave Xiezhith a pointed look, but his dragon didn't even look back at him.

We did find a rather nice stretch above the coast a few sevenday back that made for a nice spot for some fishing. It isn't quite as nice as Western was, but... there was a clear restlessness from the blue at the mention of the Weyr he was born at. He missed being surrounded by dragons.

Uta

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff