Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Full Closet Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for outfit enthusiasts to share their ideas, creations, and tips for making avatars. 

Tags: avatars, outfits, closet, items, design 

Reply The Full Closet Guild
Inventory items

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pierre Noel

Benevolent Giftgiver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:13 pm
What exactly is “Gift of Jet” supposed to be/do?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:33 am
The "Gift of ____" items are pledge items. Most of them do something to your username, I think??? Like add a little glow to your name or a halo or something.

But I'm also not certain about any of that; I've never bought a pledge, and haven't looked into them too much.  

Knox Artois

Dangerous Lover

Pierre Noel

Benevolent Giftgiver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:39 am
Knox Artois
The "Gift of ____" items are pledge items. Most of them do something to your username, I think??? Like add a little glow to your name or a halo or something.

But I'm also not certain about any of that; I've never bought a pledge, and haven't looked into them too much.

Thanks, I’ll check to see if it does anything. I don’t recall buying a pledge.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:42 am
Pierre Noel
Knox Artois

Oh, huh. Strange. I know you can also sell/buy the items on the marketplace, but I'm sure you'd remember that, too. Maybe it was a prize for something? Again, I don't know much about pledge items, so...  

Knox Artois

Dangerous Lover

Pierre Noel

Benevolent Giftgiver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:46 pm
Knox Artois
Pierre Noel
Knox Artois

Oh, huh. Strange. I know you can also sell/buy the items on the marketplace, but I'm sure you'd remember that, too. Maybe it was a prize for something? Again, I don't know much about pledge items, so...

No idea, I’m an old timer so trying to remember something from 8 or 9 years ago... Well, it looks like Jet appears before your name. If there’s anything else I haven’t noticed it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:52 pm
Pierre Noel
Knox Artois
Pierre Noel
Knox Artois

No idea, I’m an old timer so trying to remember something from 8 or 9 years ago... Well, it looks like Jet appears before your name. If there’s anything else I haven’t noticed it.

The Gift of Jet was an item you could win during the Summer Event.(The link takes you to the Marketplace for more information.) And yes, it is a pledge or "bling" item that appears next to your User Name when you post in the forums. You can also purchase this item from the Treehouse, by trading in 50 wing stickers.

This account (VSC) did not do the summer event, but my main account (BatChic) participated in the event, as she collects sci-fi items, and enjoyed the free grants for playing the event game.

Otherwise, you can obtain pledge items by paying cash to Gaia, as an "Angel Supporter." If you check the announcements on Gaia's Home Page, there are several opportunities to get involved with this Payment Plan, and get extra bonus items for doing so. As a Gaian who plays for free, I choose not to be actively involved as an "Angel Supporter," but chooses to be involved with Guilds and Forum activity, instead.

I hope I have helped to answer your question.
Yours, ~VSC

Voice of Social Culture
Vice Captain

Naughty Rogue

5,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Pierre Noel

Benevolent Giftgiver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:24 pm
Voice of Social Culture
Pierre Noel
Knox Artois
Pierre Noel
Knox Artois

The Gift of Jet was an item you could win during the Summer Event.(The link takes you to the Marketplace for more information.) And yes, it is a pledge or "bling" item that appears next to your User Name when you post in the forums. You can also purchase this item from the Treehouse, by trading in 50 wing stickers.

This account (VSC) did not do the summer event, but my main account (BatChic) participated in the event, as she collects sci-fi items, and enjoyed the free grants for playing the event game.

Otherwise, you can obtain pledge items by paying cash to Gaia, as an "Angel Supporter." If you check the announcements on Gaia's Home Page, there are several opportunities to get involved with this Payment Plan, and get extra bonus items for doing so. As a Gaian who plays for free, I choose not to be actively involved as an "Angel Supporter," but chooses to be involved with Guilds and Forum activity, instead.

I hope I have helped to answer your question.
Yours, ~VSC

Thank you. I didn’t do the summer event either so I’m more puzzled now than I was to begin with. Not that being puzzled is anything new to me.  
The Full Closet Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games