Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Saylor Farmhouse

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:36 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxS ᴀ ʏ ʟ ᴏ ʀ xxxF ᴀ ʀ ᴍ ʜ ᴏ ᴜ s ᴇxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

xxxK ɪ ʟ ʟ ᴇ ɴ , S C O T L A N Dxxx

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:40 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxW ʜ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ x A ʀ ᴇ x W ᴇ ?xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxAɪʟᴇᴀs Mᴏʏɴᴀ Eʟsᴘᴇᴛ Sᴀʏʟᴏʀxxxxxxxx
xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Dɪᴀɢᴏɴ Aʟʟᴇʏ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxVᴇʀɴᴏᴠᴀ Mʏʟᴇs Sᴀʏʟᴏʀxxxxxxxx
xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Aᴛ Wᴏʀᴋ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Dɪᴀɢᴏɴ Aʟʟᴇʏ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxVᴇʀᴀ Yᴠᴇs Sᴀʏʟᴏʀxxxxxxxx
xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Aᴛ Wᴏʀᴋ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Dɪᴀɢᴏɴ Aʟʟᴇʏ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxGᴀʟᴇɴ Eᴢʀᴇᴀʟ Sᴀʏʟᴏʀxxxxxxxx
xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Aᴛ Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Dɪᴀɢᴏɴ Aʟʟᴇʏ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxWᴀʟʟᴀᴄᴇ Rɪᴄʜᴀʀᴅ Sᴀʏʟᴏʀxxxxxxxx
xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Aᴛ Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Dɪᴀɢᴏɴ Aʟʟᴇʏ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:42 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxA s s ᴏ ʀ ᴛ ᴇ ᴅxxI ɴ ꜰ ᴏ ʀ ᴍ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ Floo Address: Saylor Farm

⟹ Wifi Name: SaylorWiFi (Password: SaylTheSeas)

xxxxxxxxF ᴀ ᴍ ɪ ʟ ʏxxP ᴇ ᴛ sxxxxxxxx

⇴Pet 1
⇴Pet 2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:46 pm

User Image✬✫
SUSAN MUIREALL SAYLOR

16 years || Homeschooled || halfblood squib
Clerk
Slug and Jigger's Apothecary

Nova?”

It was evening, not long after they had..left Wool’s and moved to the Saylor Farmhouse. But already there were so many memories and so many feelings in this place. This was the table the five of them ate pancakes on the first morning they were here. She and Wally had sat on that couch one morning, silently but not awkwardly, both reeling mentally over the fact that the adoption was not a dream. And this was the Art room where they talked about magic and art—Suzie knew it was homeschool, but she hadn’t failed any exams and the “assignments” were more fun than school ever was. Yesterday at lunch, instead of finding a lonely table or tree to read about herbology or potions, she and Wally and Galen discussed with Aileas what they wanted to plant in the garden. Suzie had pointed out that fall was not the season for growing strawberries, and that had sparked a half hour conversation about why different plants grew in different seasons and how greenhouses worked. Afterwards, no one had told them they had to go back to work, yet they all found themselves back in the Art room, working on different things.

Adoption, moving, new schooling—Galen called it “coming home”. He nearly gave himself a heart attack running around, getting excited, and turning a million colors to match every room. He had finally settled from the novelty, just as Suzie had stopped questioning if the cute room with the hand-painted flowers in the walls was really her own and this was really...home. When Susan had flooed for work that day, Galen had dragged Wally out to the pool to try out the slide. Suzie wanted to too, but she didn’t have a swimsuit, and she didn’t want to say anything. She had another, more important request for tonight, that had haunted her mind since the first night here. She bunched her skirt in her fist, smoothed it again, and finally grabbed it again to keep from wringing them.

“Nova? Do you remember how we had mentioned changing names?”. The day of the adoption, Susan had been a mess and completely neglected to bring up the name change. Maybe she was dreaming. Maybe this was another memory of a hopelessly naive dreama. But now they had been at the Saylor Farmhouse long enough for it to feel...real. Less like a dream she might wake from and more solid. She spoke clearly and directly: ”I had a request. Can I change my whole name?”

setting Saylor Farmhouse -- Summer 2051 || with Nova, and Aileas?
appearance 5'2", 105 lbs || wearing yellow flower dress
status Change My Name

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Open up to my heart's surgery
The waiting rooms of my reality
Where I still believe there's a purpose to this pain inside
And you are not, not leaving me here to die
✫✬
"Change My Name" by Trading Yesterday.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:19 pm
User Image

I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘʟᴀʏ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜʟᴇs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ
Sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ, Jᴜsᴛ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ
Sᴏ I ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍʏ sɪsᴛᴇʀ's ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ. Yᴏᴜ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇʟʏ
Yᴏᴜ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜʏ I ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɪʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇʟʏ

Nova sighed softly, sipping her coffee and doing a bit of gaming work on their laptop. The last few days had been a bit hectic, but Nova wouldn't have it any other way. The kids were having fun learning all kinds of things, from art and nature to maths and reading. Luckily, they also got a bit of magic education, which Suzie seemed to appreciate the most. She seemed to settle in well, which was good. In fact, all three seemed to be doing well so far. Aileas had been convinced there would be a lot of teary nights, but the kids seemed to like the house, and more importantly, the family.

The boys were playing in the pool with Aileas watching them happily from her duckie float. They seemed to be having a good time. Then came a small call of her name, pulling their focus back to the present. "Hey Suzie. I do remember us having that talk. Sorry we haven't gotten it done yet, we're waiting on paperwork." They pat the couch beside themselves, but Suzie spoke up once more, this time asking about changing her full name. Nova set her mug on the side table then nodded a bit. "I don't see why not. What are you thinking of changing it to?" Dark eyes looked up at the girl, wondering if she already had plans. If not, they could totally workshop name ideas, but Suzie seemed like the type to plan things through before such big changes.

—————————————————————————
                                                                            ❧ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Home - Living Room
                                                                            ❧ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Suzie
                                                                            ❧ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Name Discussions
                                                                            ❧ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Maybe it's good we haven't gotten the paperwork yet...

Addaellis

I ᴡᴇɴᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ʙʟᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀʀ ᴛᴏ ᴊᴏɪɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ ʙᴀɴᴅ
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏsᴇsᴛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs I ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ
I ᴀᴍ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴀɴ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴏғ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ
Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴʏ ᴏ̨ᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴠᴀʟɪᴅ ᴀɴsᴡᴇʀ
Oʜ I'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ

I ɴᴏᴡ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ! I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘʟᴀʏ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜʟᴇs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ
Sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:56 pm

User Image✬✫
SUSAN MUIREALL SAYLOR

Clerk

Susan--for hopefully only a little while later--took the spot next to Nova before continuing. She wrapped her arms around her legs before answering. Thankfully the paperwork wasn’t finished yet. “I was thinking… Vera. Vera Yves Saylor.”

She felt she had to explain. “I’m hoping it will feel like a new me. ‘Suzie’ can be the girl who lived by a flower shop in Winchester, and ‘Susan’ can be who wasted half her life crying on a London rooftop. And Vera..”

She hadn’t been altogether certain how to respond when first asked if she wanted to change her name. Part of her did. The other part didn’t feel like any part of her name made any sense anymore. She hadn’t been a McIntyre since she arrived at Wool’s. Everyone called her Susan at school in London, and only the few who could put up with her at Wool’s eventually grew to calling her Suzie. No one called her Little Lace anymore, and Muireall was a grandmother she hated. Just like she had decided to get a job and stop moping, she decided this--all this-- was a name of the past. She wanted to live in the present.

It was also something that wasn’t tied to the broken promise of magic. Vera wouldn’t have spent fifteen years pining for magic she simply didn’t have. Vera had loving parents that were alive and well, and two younger brothers. Sure Vera would still write letters to Suzie’s friends, but that was a coincidence.

“And Vera can be a Saylor. Since we’ve been here, I don’t feel like...like who I was anymore. I don’t feel like Suzie. And I feel like that needs some kind of distinction. So...Vera Yves...Saylor. It’s after these three fashion designers-- Vera Borea, Vera Wang, and Yves Saint Laurent. I...I like their work.”

Just like she liked Aileas and Nova. So, hopefully Nova and Aileas weren’t too attached to the other name.

setting Saylor Farmhouse -- Summer 2051 || with Nova
status Change My Name

Open up to my heart's surgery
The waiting rooms of my reality
Where I still believe there's a purpose to this pain inside
And you are not, not leaving me here to die
✫✬

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24 pm
User Image

I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘʟᴀʏ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜʟᴇs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ
Sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ, Jᴜsᴛ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ
Sᴏ I ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍʏ sɪsᴛᴇʀ's ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ. Yᴏᴜ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ɴɪᴄᴇʟʏ
Yᴏᴜ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜʏ I ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɪʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇʟʏ

Nova looked over at the blonde, tilting their head a bit as Suzie - Vera - mentioned their preferred name choice. "Vera Yves... I like it." At that, she grinned. She was about to speak again, but Vera spoke instead, explaining that it would make for a fresh start. She explained her reasoning, then seemed to fade off into thought for a moment. It almost looked like she was sad, yet... determined. When she did speak up, she said Vera would be a Saylor, someone entirely new. She didn't feel like Suzie anymore, and it made perfect sense to Nova. She even explained her rationale on the name choices, all earning nods from the proud parent.

"I totally understand. In fact, I probably understand better than anyone. When I was younger, my parents wanted a perfect daughter... unfortunately they got me instead. When I came out to them as nonbinary and asked them to call me by my nickname - Nova - they were angry. It's part of why I moved across the world to live here. But, I think there's harmony in your name choice, Vera." They sighed softly, before gently patting Vera on the back. "My birth name is Vernova. For so long I've identified as someone else, Nova. Since we're making new starts... maybe I should change mine officially too. And you can have the 'Ver' part of my name. I don't use it anymore." At that, Nova offered a small chuckle, giving Vera a knowing look.

❧ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Home - Living Room
                                                                            ❧ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Suzie Vera
                                                                            ❧ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Name Discussions
                                                                            ❧ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Maybe it's good we haven't gotten the paperwork yet...

Addaellis

I ᴡᴇɴᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ʙʟᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀʀ ᴛᴏ ᴊᴏɪɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ ʙᴀɴᴅ
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏsᴇsᴛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs I ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ
I ᴀᴍ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴀɴ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴏғ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ
Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴʏ ᴏ̨ᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴠᴀʟɪᴅ ᴀɴsᴡᴇʀ
Oʜ I'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ

I ɴᴏᴡ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ! I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘʟᴀʏ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜʟᴇs ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ
Sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ, ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:30 am

User Image✬✫
VERA YVES SAYLOR

Clerk

Nova said they liked the new name choice. Thank goodness! And when Vera finally finished, explaining her rationale and all the muddy thinking that had been rolling through her mind the last few days--no, longer; this had started long, long ago-- Nova explained that they understood exactly what she felt.

Vera listened as Nova explained how their parents had been angry when they came out as nonbinary. She frowned a little. She wasn’t sure how gender changed things, but there didn’t seem to be anything unfortunate about Nova--successful, competent, happily married. It sounded foolish to move across the world. It sounded foolish to leave everything--a family, a home-- behind when all their family wanted--

When what their family wanted was something that simply wasn’t true.

“We’ll be happier.” “This is for the best.” “I can’t live like this.” Crying. So much crying. Hair that used to be smooth and golden crinkled and dried out, stretched with white stress lines. “It'll be worth it, to be actually heard again. There has to be better.”

Her own birth-mother had been wrong. At least for the next few years, there had never been better than tears and exhaustion and stress. But Nova…. ”You were very brave, to leave in the end. I always thought it would be foolish to lose family over who you are. Even if it cost you the family you had, you build yourself up here. But...bravery, harmony...I’m just glad you’ve found that acceptance now.”

It was almost like Nova was also leaving behind part of their past, and giving her a part of themself. Vera let a small, knowing smile touch her eyes.. She reached out, initiating a rare hug. ”I’ll gladly take it. Thank you...Nova.”

setting Saylor Farmhouse -- Summer 2051 || with VerNova
status Change Our Names

A million miles have led me to this place
Where all I've ever loved has been erased
Changing my song to a disenchanted lullaby
With a name I never really felt was mine

✫✬

addaellis

Private Homes