CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:17 pm
If your avatar was a contestant on Wheel of Fortune's Daytime Version, what color Podium would you choose for your avatar to play on? Red, Yellow or Blue?

Would your Avatar win big in the Jackpot Round, Mystery Round, Express Round, Prize Puzzle or Bonus Round?

For those unfamiliar with Wheel of Fortune's Daytime Version, its a game show that ran from 1975-1989 in its Daytime Run on NBC then from 1989-1991 on CBS.

Shadow Mage Raine

Raya Winterhaven

Slick Romance

The Sphinxy

Yui Matsune

Iris Nightfire

Vandravia

Drina Segal

Sinbad Segal

Yalena Rosethorn

Deadly_Tiger

Traxzel Sparkrocket

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:01 pm
AnimusHelixRebirth

I think my Avy would pick Red. As for prize, I am not sure.  

Deadly_Tiger

Eloquent Conversationalist

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:09 am
Deadly_Tiger
AnimusHelixRebirth

I think my Avy would pick Red. As for prize, I am not sure.

Here are the round types:
= Toss Up Rounds
During a Toss Up Round, the letters are shown on the Puzzle Board until a player rings in the solves the puzzle. If the solution is wrong, then that player is locked out for the remaining duration of the Toss Up, but if the player is right, then that player wins what's in the Toss Up. The current active Toss Ups for the beginning of the game were $1,000 & $2,000. For Round 4's Toss Up, it used to be $3,000, but in 2019, it was changed to a Triple Toss Up, in which 3 puzzles are shown in the same Clue with each one being worth $2,000 each.

= Jackpot
Lasting from 1996 to 2013 during the Nighttime Run, the Jackpot Round starts with the Jackpot being set at $5,000 (or sometimes $10,000) in a progressive state. In other words, every time a player spins the wheel on a dollar amount, the Jackpot will increase by that dollar amount. If a player lands on the Jackpot Space, guesses a letter correctly that's on the Puzzle Board then solves the puzzle, that player will win what's in the Jackpot as its added to the Player's Round Score.

= Mystery
Introduced in 2002, the current Mystery Round works like this: There's 2 Mystery Wedges shown on the board facing upwards (?$,1000). One of them contains a $10,000 Prize Wedge while the other contains a Bankrupt. After a player lands on the Mystery Space & guesses a letter correctly, the player can either take the $1,000 per letter or Flip the Mystery Space to see if it contains $10,000. After the Mystery Space is flipped, $10,000 Prize or Bankrupt, the remaining Mystery Space becomes a $1,000 Space.

= Express
Introduced in 2013, the Express Round works like this: After a player lands on the Mystery Space & guesses a letter correctly, the player can either take the $1,000 per letter or go into Express Mode. When the Player goes into Express Mode, the player can continue calling letters for $1,000, buy Vowels for $250 until the player solves the puzzle. However, if a player calls a letter that's not in the puzzle, its a Bankrupt.

= Prize Puzzle
Introduced in 2003, the player who solves the puzzle in that round awards a prize which will be added to the player's round total.

= Speed Up Round
Known as the Final Spin, which is near the end of the game due to Time Constraints in which the Host gives the Wheel a Final Spin. Before, the value of each letter would be whatever the wheel lands on while vowels are worth nothing. But starting in 1999, it would be $1,000, plus whatever the wheel lands on (if the wheel lands on $550, then each letter are worth $1,550). After guessing a letter the player must then solve the puzzle before his or her turn ends then proceeds to the next player.

= Bonus Round
The Player who banks the most money at the end of the game, proceeds to the bonus round for a shot at winning a great prize. In the current version of Wheel, starting in 2001, the player would spin the Bonus Wheel to select a Prize Envelope. After the Wheel lands on the Prize Envelope, the player is given a puzzle where the letters: R, S, T, L, N & E are shown then must give 3 more constants & 1 vowel. Also in the Television show, if a player manages to bring the Wild Card to the Bonus Round without landing on bankrupt, that player gets to give 1 extra constant. After that the player must then solve the puzzle. At the end of the Bonus Round, the Prize Envelope would then be opened, win or lose, to show what the prize was.

= Showroom Shopping
From 1975-1989, this took place in between rounds, after the player solves the puzzle that player can spend his or her round earnings on prizes in a showroom shopping segment. If a player doesn't have enough money to buy a prize, that player can choose to place the remainder on a Gift Certificate or on Account. If a player places the remainder on Account, it's carried over to the next round but the Account Score is lost if a player lands on Bankrupt, but if its placed on a Gift Certificate, that remainder is secured. The most iconic part of the Showroom Shopping round that's shown in the Television show was a ceramic Dalmatian that is shown. The Dalmatian Statue's name was Sheldon.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:42 am
AnimusHelixRebirth
If your avatar was a contestant on Wheel of Fortune's Daytime Version, what color Podium would you choose for your avatar to play on? Red, Yellow or Blue?

Would your Avatar win big in the Jackpot Round, Mystery Round, Express Round, Prize Puzzle or Bonus Round?

For those unfamiliar with Wheel of Fortune's Daytime Version, its a game show that ran from 1975-1989 in its Daytime Run.

I would pick blue. Matches my avi's eyes. lol I would probably win the prize puzzle.  

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:17 am
The Sphinxy
AnimusHelixRebirth

For those unfamiliar with Wheel of Fortune's Daytime Version, its a game show that ran from 1975-1989 in its Daytime Run.

I would pick blue. Matches my avi's eyes. lol I would probably win the prize puzzle.

Cool. When Wheel of Fortune Daytime was airing from 1981-1991, it was on at 10AM every morning on NBC or CBS.

If my avi was in the Jackpot Round, then landed on the Jackpot with the Jackpot over $5,000, that avi would guess a correct letter then solve it right away to win the Jackpot.

The Sphinxy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:39 am
The Sphinxy

I almost forgot. Wheel of Fortune is known for doing themed shows each week.
Which Themed version of Wheel Daytime would your avi be in?

Here's some examples:
Retro
Teen
College
Couples
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas
Easter
Spring
Summer
Fall
Winter
Universal
Disney
Great Outdoors
Around the World
Modern
Sweet Home
Hollywood
and more...  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:40 pm
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy

Here's some examples:
Retro
Teen
College
Couples
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas
Easter
Spring
Summer
Fall
Winter
Universal
Disney
Great Outdoors
Around the World
Modern
Sweet Home
Hollywood
and more...

Disney!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:18 pm
The Sphinxy
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy

Here's some examples:
Retro
Teen
College
Couples
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas
Easter
Spring
Summer
Fall
Winter
Universal
Disney
Great Outdoors
Around the World
Modern
Sweet Home
Hollywood
and more...

Disney!

Wheel did a Disney Week Road Trip Theme in 1990.  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:19 pm
The Sphinxy

So if your avi made to the Bonus Round, would your avi spin the bonus wheel in hopes of landing on $100,000?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:54 am
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy

So if your avi made to the Bonus Round, would your avi spin the bonus wheel in hopes of landing on $100,000?

Definitely! biggrin  

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:28 am
The Sphinxy
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy

Definitely! biggrin

After Game 1 of Wheel of Fortune Daytime is over, I'll make some adjustments to the guild game. So that the Surprise Space is not overwritten with a Prize Space. Making the Surprise Space its own space for the whole game & with each new round, if the Surprise Space has been claimed, a new one will be added except Round 5 which is the Speed Up Round.

You know what the Speed Up Round is? If not, then I'll tell you. Sometimes, after a few Rounds, the next round starts as normal, commercial or no commercial break, the Host will state that since today's game is almost out of time, he gives the wheel a Final Spin. In Classic Wheel, letters are worth the amount the wheel lands on while vowels are worth nothing. But in Modern iterations, letters are worth $1,000 plus an additional amount that the wheel lands on, starting the Speed Up Round.

During the Speed Up Round, a player guesses a letter that's in the puzzle, then needs to solve it. If a player guesses a letter that's not present or is unable to solve it, then that player loses a turn and Speed Up gameplay proceeds to the next player.

The Sphinxy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:50 am
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy

Definitely! biggrin

After Game 1 of Wheel of Fortune Daytime is over, I'll make some adjustments to the guild game. So that the Surprise Space is not overwritten with a Prize Space. Making the Surprise Space its own space for the whole game & with each new round, if the Surprise Space has been claimed, a new one will be added except Round 5 which is the Speed Up Round.

You know what the Speed Up Round is? If not, then I'll tell you. Sometimes, after a few Rounds, the next round starts as normal, commercial or no commercial break, the Host will state that since today's game is almost out of time, he gives the wheel a Final Spin. In Classic Wheel, letters are worth the amount the wheel lands on while vowels are worth nothing. But in Modern iterations, letters are worth $1,000 plus an additional amount that the wheel lands on, starting the Speed Up Round.

During the Speed Up Round, a player guesses a letter that's in the puzzle, then needs to solve it. If a player guesses a letter that's not present or is unable to solve it, then that player loses a turn and Speed Up gameplay proceeds to the next player.

The Sphinxy

I remember that. I like to watch Wheel of Fortune with my Grandma when I visit. ^^  

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:51 pm
The Sphinxy

I forgot to mention, Wheel of Fortune changed out their Puzzle Board from Letter Turning to Letter Activating.

On that day, February 21, 1997, during Friends Week in the Arizona Road Trip Show, the Post Game showed the last words of the Old Puzzle Board: "FOR SALE". I saw that episode when I was 9 years old & it was a brief last moment of nostalgia since the unveiling of the new Puzzle Board would not be shown until after the weekend.

After that episode was a Movie that followed on ABC, "The Flintstones" and it was a good movie but that's another story.

On the night of February 24, 1997, Wheel of Fortune unveiled their new Puzzle Board & it was a fantastic episode, but before the unveiling, they had to dismantle the old puzzle board which was shown being unplugged and packed away  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:12 am
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy

I forgot to mention, Wheel of Fortune changed out their Puzzle Board from Letter Turning to Letter Activating.

On that day, February 21, 1997, during Friends Week in the Arizona Road Trip Show, the Post Game showed the last words of the Old Puzzle Board: "FOR SALE". I saw that episode when I was 9 years old & it was a brief last moment of nostalgia since the unveiling of the new Puzzle Board would not be shown until after the weekend.

After that episode was a Movie that followed on ABC, "The Flintstones" and it was a good movie but that's another story.

On the night of February 24, 1997, Wheel of Fortune unveiled their new Puzzle Board & it was a fantastic episode, but before the unveiling, they had to dismantle the old puzzle board which was shown being unplugged and packed away

That's neat. I was 6 years old then, I don't think I watched it. I do remember the Flintstones movie though.  

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:18 am
The Sphinxy
AnimusHelixRebirth
The Sphinxy

That's neat. I was 6 years old then, I don't think I watched it. I do remember the Flintstones movie though.

The old Puzzle Board on the Television show lasted from 1981 to 1997 while the Pilot Puzzle Board lasted from 1974 to 1981.

The show also had a WHEEL Envelope system which lasted from 1989 to 2000.
By 2001, they switched to a Bonus Wheel which has 24 Prize Envelopes instead of 5:
11 Cash Prize Envelopes
12 Prize Envelopes
and 1 Envelope contained either a $100,000 or $1 Million Dollars

The Sphinxy

General OOC

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items