[PRP] Helping Hand [Shoxiel, Sivu, Haitanth][FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:54 pm
His muscles absolutely ached from the extra trips out to fish, but the possibility of bringing in more food was what kept him going. Having extra food, even if it was more of the same, beat the thinning of supplies. He’d rather be tired of a meal than hungry, at any rate. But with fishing, came consequences. When he’d been tapped to help out riders who had been injured while fishing to assist to their dragon’s needs, Shoxiel hadn’t been surprised he’d been given the go -- only the who.

Though, looking back on it, perhaps he wasn’t quite so surprised that Sivu had managed to get himself hurt after all.

He’d swapped his coat for a poncho, one that cut off at the elbow -- even if half of his arms were cold, they wouldn’t be drenched in oil. But with the break in the rain, he’d be able to get Haitanth oiled -- with the help of Keeper. The green was curled around his shoulders, looking ever the prim beauty balanced so gently. So bucket and paddle in hand, Shoxiel had set out to find the pair. It wasn’t really that hard, not when Haitanth’s radiant blue hide stuck out against the rather grey day. “Sivu,” Shoxiel nodded to the rider in greeting, and though he couldn’t bring himself to smile, he was… happy to see the man. Standing with his brother had been wonderful, but he hadn’t seen two of his friends impress up close, perhaps as he should have. “How is your hand feeling?”

Turning his gaze upwards to Haitanth, Shoxiel couldn’t help but be surprised. How had time flown so much that he’d gotten so big? Certainly hadn’t felt that long since the hatching… “Hello handsome. Heard your rider needed some help getting you oiled.” Flattery never hurt.

Spockat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:22 pm
Sivu wriggled his bandaged fingers mysteriously. “All attached and accounted for.” Though, one couldn’t say the same for Shoxiel’s brother Loctius - that had to suck. Sivu would count his blessings. “I hope you’ve been staying out of trouble.” He rested his injured hand very carefully on his hip. He’s learned his lesson more than a few times to do so carelessly (and painfully).

Haitanth’s regarded Shoxiel with a friendly glance. Puh-lease. Cooed Haitanth. I’m also the prettiest dragon you’ve ever seen so make sure to jot that down. There was no agitation in the blue’s tone - only the most playful of banter. He flared his wings a moment to show off truly how large he was growing. The differences in sizes in his siblings was starting to become magnificent. Sivu had a small rush of pride in how lovely his darlingwas growing. “By the time we’re all done, you might need a bandaged hand too. He’s the biggest blue lump I’ve ever seen! He earned the gentle whap from Haitanth’s tail that followed, honestly.

Prism Shine

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:57 pm
"I know a few that would like that luck. My brother, included." Apparently another in Sivu's class had lost some fingers, as well. At this point, what was more dangerous -- fishing, or thread? "I cannot possibly imagine what trouble I would get up to. There are no baby dragons in need of rescue, and I’ve been quite proficient at fishing.” It wasn’t a point to gloat about, though there was a small point of pride.

Shoxiel chuckled softly. “Excuse my ignorance, most beautiful and handsome Haitanth. I shall remember to address you by your full title.” It was completed with a small half-bow. It was all playful, and truthful statements. For Haitanth was a splendid dragon, nevermind quite possibly the best amongst his siblings. His own bias aside, that is. Taking a step back, he was able to admire the growing dragon in all his glory. “I don’t mind, not when--” he paused as Sivu was swatted by a long blue tail, and though he didn’t laugh, mirth danced in his eyes. “I would be happy to help a friend and his dragon.” Settling the bucket down, he scooped the brush and paddle up, before pausing. “Haitanth -- is it alright if Keeper helps?” For the large green had helped out many times in oiling and caring for Shalbyath -- but it was better to ask than assume.

Spockat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:53 pm
“It’s a lucky thing everyone’s healing so nicely.” Sivu inspected his bandaged fingers carefully. “Someone savvy really ought to design them better. Though… can’t imagine many fisherman would think so many untrained people would be casting their nets.” He nodded slowly, sagely. He wouldn’t have thought hunger would touch the Weyr as it would have either. “Hopefully its not for much longer.” Sivu dropped a few buckets and supplies beside them. He’d do his one handed best - but Haitanth was getting enormous.

Haitanth interjects by blowing a mouthful of hot, dragony breath at Shoxiel’s head - having their hair mussed up in its gust. You certainly will darling. Next time straighten up a little. Can’t have anyone thinking you have a sloppy bow next time. The blues eyes whirled in delight. Firelizards are friends, why not? Their own firelizard Butter was always more interested in getting oiled when he was. It’d be interesting to see how they help!

Prism Shine

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:13 pm
“At least some people are. Though Loctius’ hand will take a bit to heal.” It’s said almost absently, eyeing over Haitanth on where to start. The senior weyrling was at least a good fraction of Shalbyath’s size, but he was still large. “I have been lucky the past few weeks, but I know quite a good handful have had the poorest luck. Getting tangled in their nets and almost drowning.” Glancing at Sivu, Shoxiel nodded a touch. “I hope things get on track as well, though fishing certainly helps. Never would have expected a fishing net to pose such a secondary threat to a rider.”

Maybe just the barest hint of a tease, but so out of the norm for him.

Haitanth’s breath made him pay attention to the task at hand, nodding along with certainty. “Of course not, thank you for the tip.” And who better judge than a blue of such refinement and taste? But given his permission for Keeper, he gently reached for the firelizard in question.

“Alright Keeper. Help please.” The mental image he nudged had her stretching her wings, before leaping onto the edge of the bucket, forelimbs drenched in oil before she took off again. The green found a place at the crook of Haitanth’s shoulders, setting to gently scrub the small crooks of his spines. Satisfied, Shoxiel took up a brush of his own and began to move in broader strokes across the blue’s chest. “Anywhere I should keep sensitivity in mind?”

Spockat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:29 pm
“At least it should heal up well,” Sivu nodded sagely. “No damper on what he wants to do, except for damnable fishing.” Sivu patted Haitanth’s side. “I should be alright to try it again soon. Okay okay. Small talk done.” He gave a pleased smile to Shoxiel, the candidate seemed to pull themselves just a bit out of their shell with a joke - a tease. Progress!

Haitanth considered Shoxiel’s question but Sivu answered for him. “Not that I’ve noticed.. Maybe just a sneeze if something gets in his snoz. That’s from personal experience.” Haitanth crooned happily at the helpful little firelizard. We should tell Butter to do this. She just wants a bubble bath when Sivu is scrubbing.

Prism Shine

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:08 pm
"Can always hope our fishing venture will be over soon." Wouldn't that be nice, to return back to a bit more comfort? Shards knows he'd love to return to reading, but all of his free time was ever eaten by fishing. But eating was just a bit more important than reading. Yet he can't help but smile, shaking his head.

"I'll be careful around his snoz, then." With all seriousness of a healer, Shoxiel turned to work gentle but firm swipes of thick oil across Haitanth's sides, making the rich cerulean of his hide shimmer in the grey daylight. When he was done, he was determined to have the blue sparkle like any metallic. "Mom's Shalbyath is a lot of dragon to help oil, so I trained Keeper to help out soon as I could." Given, he takes pride in training her, alongside his brother's Capek. The flit in question moved from each ridge with such diligence, managing to get herself more oiled up as she went.

Spockat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:20 pm
“Golds are a whole lot of dragon. That had to be some chore to get done. A whole other chore to train a flitter to listen. ” Sivu nods so seriously. He doesn’t envy those with larger dragons to oil and preen, by the time he was finished grooming Haitanth on a non-injured day, his elbows and fingers were aching. “Haitanth being the most gleaming of queens though.” The blue rumbled in agreement.

The dragon watched as Butter appeared from what-ever-she-gets-up, blinking in a with a gold dust. Her little dirty feet marching up and down Haitanth’s back. Sivu grimaced. “I ought to get her little socks. Do you think she’d bite my fingers off if I put booties on her? Or perhaps she’ll lay down in defeat and forget how to fly all together.”

He picked up a cloth - oiling Haitanth’s ever growing hide as best as he could. With great fondness he whapped Haitanth on nose. “Fair’s fair, thats for the tail.”

Prism Shine

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:37 pm
"Certainly is. I'm almost convinced she had so many kids to help out with her." Well, had them and fostered him. But semantics. He could get lost idly thinking about how big his dragon may get -- perhaps a mighty titan of a bronze, or a wee little white -- if he should ever be lucky to meet them. "He is certainly the best looking of them all."

The mental image is enough to get Shoxiel to laugh into Haitanth's flank, swiping down toned muscle as he glanced up at the little gold firelizard. "Depends if you can get them on her before she disappears between."

What he didn't see was his firelizard looking at the dirt across her handiwork, chirping and bemoaning her displeasure at having to do it all again. With a bubbling note, Keeper leapt closer to the much larger gold, eyes whirling a brilliant red, her oily paw swiping the air like an angry feline -- but never making contact. Dirty! Ew! Go away!

Spockat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:55 pm
“That or she’ll eat them.” He brandishes his cloth at Butter in a so very threatening manner. “Mark my words she’ll decide that they’re better to be eaten.” He sighs rather dramatically. “Just as a feline.”

Butter, a hardly aggressive little thing, looked at Keeper. She was almost bewildered, before lazily plopping down right upon Haitanth. She was certainly not going to be put to work, as lazy and glimmering as she was. “I was right to name her Butter. All she wants to do is be a little yellow lump. Yes aren’t you dear.” Sivu added in complete baby talk.

The gold flit gave Keeper a friendly boop, before being fussed over by Sivu. “She can’t help she makes more problem for the rest of us, can’t you.” The high pitched chatter continues. At least the little gold was out of their way.

Prism Shine

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:06 pm
"I can see her practically shaking in her claws." Peeking over Haitanth's tail, Shoxiel continued his sweeps down the different shades of his hide. "But I think I just lucked out with Keeper being highly motivated to be trained. I could've just as easily lucked out with a lazy flit from that clutch." But shards and shells, Sivu's baby talk was... cute. Even with Keeper looking quite puffed out that her tactics were taken none too serious, stomping around Butter's lumped form haughtily. "Keep, let's stay at it."

The firelizard looked absolutely bewildered as she was booped, chirruping miserably as she went back to her task of gingerly oiling the crevices of the blue's spine ridges. Huff. Puff.

"Keeper can be a little.. high maintenance. I'll make her a nice rip toy she can shred up later. I am sorry about it." Maybe a few extra treats sprinkled in, since she was helping out so nicely.

Spockat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:43 pm
Haitanth eased his wings open, the brilliant darker blues more noticeable. Was he preening? Oh a bit. He loved nothing more than to show off just how gorgeous he was growing into his hide. His eyes swirled appreciatie colors just waiting at the chance to thank someone for a compliment. Sivu, however, did not rise to that bait. Instead scritching his firelizard on the chin and depositing her somewhere where her naughty dirty claws couldn’t get her up to no good. The inside of an empty bucket.

“Oh don’t you be sorry. That’s firelizards. Dragons. And hand injuries. Par for course at Western.” He gave Haitanth’s headknobs a delicate coat of oil. “Thought she probably wouldn’t say no to a bit of fish. She hasn’t turn her nose up at our catches yet.” Sivu was a bit sick of seeing fish stew if he had to be honest, but he would never complain as it kept his belly full.

Prism Shine

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:59 pm
The candidate couldn't help but give an impressed hum, thankful that his wings were open so that those wingsails could get their proper due. One wing done, and then the other. Just about done, and though Shoxiel was finding himself more sore than he started, the blue was downright stunning with a coat of oil. "Anywhere you can feel a dry patch? Did I miss something? We cannot have this lovely hide of yours cracking with between practice so close, can we."

Hard to believe they were so close to the next milestone, but it would only prove to be worrying for his friends all the more.

Humming absently, Shoxiel shrugged. "I do my best to train her. She might be the closest I get to impression." There's a noise that was supposed to sound like a laugh, but came out as more of a grunt of pain. "I make toys out of bits of fabric -- same old scraps of clothes that couldn't be mended. Things for her claws to pick apart and keep her busy. She enjoys them quite a lot." But perhaps later he'd save a bite of his fish for Butter, if just to spoil his friend's firelizard. "Maybe we'll get lucky with some sea wherry -- it doesn't taste entirely of fish."

Spockat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:07 pm
Haitanth turned his elegant head to appraise his hide. Their friend was doing a splendid job of making his hide shine. He rumbled a moment in consideration. Armpit… leg pit? Then I think I am shining perfection. As if he wasn’t already.

Between practice! Yes that was remarkably close now wasn’t it? Sivu’s enthusiasm made up for the usual trepidation of such a thing. “Oh yes! Quite close now I think? Before I know Haitanth will be as big as he’ll get.” The blue weyrling was only slightly upset that he did grow larger than his one father Baihath, it was something he simply must just get over.

Sivu wriggled his fingers. “I’ll be sprung from my manacles soon. Maybe I’ll catch one for us.”

Prism Shine

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:18 pm
With the direction, Shoxiel ducked his head around to swipe down the last dry spots. "There we are, then." Satisfied, he plunked down the brush into what remained of the oil bucket, and gathered up the rest of his tools. "Like the blue queen you are, hm?" With a gentle, affectionate pat to Haitanth's foreleg, he reached up to pluck Keeper from the dragon's back, and the firelizard moved down his arm to settle gently on his shoulder.

"Before we all know it, onto the big steps of weyrlinghood." He was glad his slip of vulnerability was missed, for he'd be amiss to let it slide again. But if Shoxiel picked up on Sivu's trepidation, he didn't give any indication. "If he gets too much bigger, you will need a whole faire of firelizards to help you out."

"I would enjoy that, I won't lie. There's only so much fish and spiderleg I can handle before they all start blending together." Yet he stooped to gather up his supplies, making certain everything was gathered together. "I will take everything back with me. But I'll catch up to you both again, hm?" No doubt, anyway. Western was only so big, after all. Yet the man gave a cordial wave, before turning and heading back to turn in the supplies.

Spockat

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces