Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Mt. Pyre Inquiries - The City of Dis

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:15 pm
Odd had assisted Ryan in exorcising a wrathful spirit from a Marowak causing havoc at the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town. The spirit however divulged some worrying information about a coming 'Black Harvest' and welcomed Odd to see what was brewing at the city of Dis located in the Fifth Circle of the Underworld, Wrath. Only one person in this world could possibly have information on such a lower level.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:34 am
Odd would find himself heading to Mt. Pyre immediately after leaving the Pokémon Tower. A momentary stop at the Pokémon Center in town to connect GRAY to the PC and ensure he had Dissonance on hand his only detour. It wouldn’t take long with the Golurk’s speed to arrive and he would find himself channeling a small amount of his spiritual energy into the fragment of the Killing Stone he had turned into a replacement for his old key necklace. By the time he reached the old school atop the burial mountain, Amaya should be waiting for him.

Landing what felt like only a few short minutes later, Dissonance would put him down and return to his Ball on his own. Probably a wise decision, to be fair. There was no way of knowing when or where he might need his Pokémon at this point.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:49 am
"I thought I sensed your presence. I would say it has been awhile since I've ha company but here lately I've had several visitors, new students. It seems as if the people are becoming more attuned to the spirit world these days. Then again my sister informs me she has received more students as well. Strange but it is nice to see. Modernity looked like it would destroy us both for awhile there." Amaya greeted Odd, rambling a little bit. When you were an earthbond spirit confined to one place for centuries you had a tendency to take every opportunity to talk about what was on your mind.

"I beg your pardon. What do I owe the pleasure, my student? I can feel it, something troubles you greatly, a shadow looms over you. Hm...you've come in contact with something foul, haven't you?" She questioned Odd.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:59 am
SubonicXP
"I thought I sensed your presence. I would say it has been awhile since I've ha company but here lately I've had several visitors, new students. It seems as if the people are becoming more attuned to the spirit world these days. Then again my sister informs me she has received more students as well. Strange but it is nice to see. Modernity looked like it would destroy us both for awhile there." Amaya greeted Odd, rambling a little bit. When you were an earthbond spirit confined to one place for centuries you had a tendency to take every opportunity to talk about what was on your mind.

"I beg your pardon. What do I owe the pleasure, my student? I can feel it, something troubles you greatly, a shadow looms over you. Hm...you've come in contact with something foul, haven't you?" She questioned Odd.

Odd was curious about the new students who'd found their way to Amaya's school but assumed it had something to do with Snagem's newly found global presence. It was certain that the team's many channelers and hybrids had brought attention to the old Masters, after all. When she inquired about his visit however, he faltered slightly.

"I am... uncertain." He replied with a bit of a grimace. "I recently went to aid a comrade with exorcising a troublesome spirit and it said something to me that's gotten me concerned. It referred to some Black Lord and the city of Dis..." He informed the master. "I believe it was referring to someone or something in the circle of Wrath but with my journey through the Otherworld incomplete, I fear my knowledge of that place is a bit more lacking than I would like." He admitted. "I was hoping you could provide me with a bit of insight regarding the matter." His concern was growing ever more evident on his face as he spoke, crimson eyes narrowing as his mind raced, attempting to uncover any clues he may have unwittingly happened across prior to this instance.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:38 pm
Requiem of Whyspers

"I am... uncertain." He replied with a bit of a grimace. "I recently went to aid a comrade with exorcising a troublesome spirit and it said something to me that's gotten me concerned. It referred to some Black Lord and the city of Dis..." He informed the master. "I believe it was referring to someone or something in the circle of Wrath but with my journey through the Otherworld incomplete, I fear my knowledge of that place is a bit more lacking than I would like." He admitted. "I was hoping you could provide me with a bit of insight regarding the matter." His concern was growing ever more evident on his face as he spoke, crimson eyes narrowing as his mind raced, attempting to uncover any clues he may have unwittingly happened across prior to this instance.

"Ah, the city of Dis. I knew we would have to talk about that place soon enough." Amaya said, floating around Odd a few times, looking him over. She was getting a feel for the spiritually forces he has encountered in his journeys, making sure nothing had latched onto him that he was unaware of. Thankfully he was clean but Amaya can't risk any 'parasitic' spirits finding their way to Mt. Pyre.

"Dis a wretched city located in the Fifth Circle, Wrath, as you already know. Dis, and the Fifth Circle, are unique compared to the other circles. The city its self is built upon a crossroads between the Otherworld, the mortal realm, and even the Fairy Realm and the Tree of Life. If life exists anywhere in the known universe it can pass on directly to the Fifth Circle through Dis, and unfortunately it works in the opposite direction. Ever noticed how most spirits you encounter outside of the Otherworld are vengeful and angry? It should be no surprise once you see how easy it is for them to travel to and from through Dis." The Ghost Master explained, now floating in front of Odd again.

"The city its self is composed of countless physical structures and other items that have fallen from this world into Dis, the spirits on that side using them to construct their cobbled together city. If you have ever heard folktales about a barn or something vanishing in thin air, that is likely what happened. That is how thin the barrier in Dis." She further explained the nature of the city.

"Because of how appealing it is to the spirits Dis attracts many souls and because it exists in the Fifth Circle they all eventually succumb to Wrath and become vile angry souls, searching for an outlet for their aggression. Because of this Dis is in a constant state of civil war, the Arch Demon of the Fifth Circle has no qualms with this either. It is an incredibly dangerous place, the fighting does nothing more than amplify and sustain the effects of the Fifth Circle. Even I once slipped into the red void of Wrath by remaining there too long." Even Grand Master Amaya? That was certainly not a good sign.

"Despite being such a vile city, again, because of the nature of its location, many lost souls and things find themselves in Dis and because of this the souls of numerous scholars find their way to Dis to unravel unanswered mysteries. Often if something can't be found in this world it can be found in Dis." She explained why so many more innocent souls would travel to such a horrible place.

"As for the Black Lord I'm afraid that name does not stir my memory. Many have claimed such titles but none of them were either of importance, no longer exist, or simply do not tie into the Fifth Circle. Give me more time and I could do my own research." Amaya admitted, then stared down Odd for a good long awhile in silence. "You wish to visit Dis yourself, don't you?" She scowled at Odd, wanting to cut through the back and forth that would have came.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:46 pm
SubonicXP

"Ah, the city of Dis. I knew we would have to talk about that place soon enough." Amaya said, floating around Odd a few times, looking him over. She was getting a feel for the spiritually forces he has encountered in his journeys, making sure nothing had latched onto him that he was unaware of. Thankfully he was clean but Amaya can't risk any 'parasitic' spirits finding their way to Mt. Pyre.

"Dis a wretched city located in the Fifth Circle, Wrath, as you already know. Dis, and the Fifth Circle, are unique compared to the other circles. The city its self is built upon a crossroads between the Otherworld, the mortal realm, and even the Fairy Realm and the Tree of Life. If life exists anywhere in the known universe it can pass on directly to the Fifth Circle through Dis, and unfortunately it works in the opposite direction. Ever noticed how most spirits you encounter outside of the Otherworld are vengeful and angry? It should be no surprise once you see how easy it is for them to travel to and from through Dis." The Ghost Master explained, now floating in front of Odd again.

"The city its self is composed of countless physical structures and other items that have fallen from this world into Dis, the spirits on that side using them to construct their cobbled together city. If you have ever heard folktales about a barn or something vanishing in thin air, that is likely what happened. That is how thin the barrier in Dis." She further explained the nature of the city.

"Because of how appealing it is to the spirits Dis attracts many souls and because it exists in the Fifth Circle they all eventually succumb to Wrath and become vile angry souls, searching for an outlet for their aggression. Because of this Dis is in a constant state of civil war, the Arch Demon of the Fifth Circle has no qualms with this either. It is an incredibly dangerous place, the fighting does nothing more than amplify and sustain the effects of the Fifth Circle. Even I once slipped into the red void of Wrath by remaining there too long." Even Grand Master Amaya? That was certainly not a good sign.

"Despite being such a vile city, again, because of the nature of its location, many lost souls and things find themselves in Dis and because of this the souls of numerous scholars find their way to Dis to unravel unanswered mysteries. Often if something can't be found in this world it can be found in Dis." She explained why so many more innocent souls would travel to such a horrible place.

"As for the Black Lord I'm afraid that name does not stir my memory. Many have claimed such titles but none of them were either of importance, no longer exist, or simply do not tie into the Fifth Circle. Give me more time and I could do my own research." Amaya admitted, then stared down Odd for a good long awhile in silence. "You wish to visit Dis yourself, don't you?" She scowled at Odd, wanting to cut through the back and forth that would have came.

Odd listened to Amaya's explanation of the city and the circle itself, wondering for a moment if it was a wise idea to do more than research at the moment. Then the Master spoke of her own struggle with losing herself to the toxic nature of the Fifth Circle. "Giratina's Wings..." He muttered to himself. If she had struggled, what chance did he have to endure it? No... Something was going on and he needed to get the answers he was looking for. "I have little choice but to enter the black city, Master." He told her with a heavy sigh. "You've certainly noticed it by now, haven't you? That ever since the recent war came to an end, the world seems off. There is a constant vile presence lurking at the edges of my senses that I can't quite place." If the Grand Master looked at him closely, she would likely see the paranoia eeking it's way into it's face, the vigil he seemed to be standing on his own beginning to take it's toll.

"I'm certain some of my friends and allies have noticed it as well, so I'm uncertain if this presence is some kind of spirit or something more... but I can feel it in some places as if it is clinging to my very skin. If nothing else... I may find answers in the black city..." This was stupid and dangerous, he knew. But there were few others who had the means to investigate, personally.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:48 pm
Requiem of Whyspers

"I'm certain some of my friends and allies have noticed it as well, so I'm uncertain if this presence is some kind of spirit or something more... but I can feel it in some places as if it is clinging to my very skin. If nothing else... I may find answers in the black city..." This was stupid and dangerous, he knew. But there were few others who had the means to investigate, personally.

"Yes, I have. Originally I assumed it might be due to the scale of the war and number of dead but no, I haven't felt this since..." Something clicked for Amaya, the Grand Master's ethereal facial expression changing one to concern before she caught herself and washed the concern away from her face as to not concern Odd more than he was already. "You can enter the city of Dis, and the Fifth Circle, from many locations, but there is one I have found to be easiest, and most certain that you reach where you want to be and not somewhere else."

Amaya would make a sweeping gesture of her hand and conjure up an illusion, detailing little images of where Odd should go. "Go to the Sinnoh region and find your way to the Coronet Mountain Range. On the east side of the mountain is a major river which runs down the side of the mountain and empties out into the streams of Route 209, where the Lost Tower resides. This area around the Lost Tower is a natural gateway to the Otherworld but to you it is sealed. As you know only the dead and detached from this realm can freely use these gateways, or a proficiently powerful Channeler" She said, giving Odd a quick glance before returning to her conjurations.

"You must force the gateway open to you, but power alone isn't enough. You must prove to the forces that be that death holds no sway over you. You might think that already you have no fear or worry of death and the hereafter, considering your hybrid undead existence, but you are wrong. You should respect it, and simple absence of fear or kindness to spirits are not the respect needed. This is something I cannot teach you however, so to reach your goal you will be doing just that, showing your respect of death." She explained.

"Find the highest point of this river on Mt. Coronet and ride down the river by any means available to you. It's a treacherous river and many have perished from its current, lingering fog, and piercing rocks, so it's no surprise that such a powerful spiritual force has gathered at its end, among other reasons but regardless. The goal will be as you rapidly navigate down the river you must channel your spiritual energies into the Obol coin you received from the Fourth Circle in order to call upon Charon, navigator of the River Styx, to guide you into the Styx as you open the gateway to the Fifth Circle. The catch is though you should not use your intangibility, you must make yourself as vulnerable as possible as you dodge death while barreling down the river. The greater the risk of death the greater your odds that he will acknowledge you and allow you to open the gateway." He likely meaning the Lord of the Otherworld. "Be warned, at the bottom, before you reach the gentle streams, is a mass of rocks that have broken many spirits. Take too long or abandon your quest too soon and you either die or dishonor yourself in his eyes."

"Once you do manage to open the gateway Charon will help navigate you and put you on the correct path to the city of Dis, but be warned, the closer you get to the city's docks the more trouble you will face. For you see, the Styx holds countless wrathful spirits in its waters and will try with all their might to pull you into the bottom of the waters to add your soul to their writhing mass of anger and bloodlust. There is no soothing them or trickery, only primitive overpowering will do." She continued.

"Once you make it to the docks you will have to present yourself to the gates and the guards. No doubt they will allow you entry with ease but they aren't above pushing you around and testing you. Once inside you will be on your own. Not even I will be able to assist you. As I said before, the entire city is embroiled in a perpetual civil war, factions of angry savage souls vying for control over the city, none ever making true progress. You will be seen as either a new soldier for their side or simply a target to let some aggression out against. There are no friends or allies in the city of Dis." She explained then staring at Odd to see what he will say.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:12 am
SubonicXP

Odd nodded along as Amaya explained what was to come and, when she was finished, he paused, closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Opening his eyes as he exhaled, he calmed his nerves and spoke with a steady, if concerned voice. "I have not feared death since I began to train with you, knowing what kind of possibilities exist beyond the veil of life and knowing how hard it is for those like us to truly die but I have never faltered in my respect for it's presence as a force of nature." He told her. "I don't know that I can truly show that respect in the way I will need to in order to succeed here but I must know what is happening in the world and so... I will try." He told her, looking toward the sky. Something told him that whether he succeeded or not, that something was going to come of this. He had met too many beyond that veil that seemed to be aware of who he was for there to not be someone willing to at least talk to him somewhere.

This, however, was the course of action most likely to lead him to true answers and so he would follow this course as far as he was able in search of them. "I will let you know what I discover, should I succeed." He informed the ethereal Ghost Master, releasing his large Golurk once again. "Dissonance... We're heading to Sinnoh." He informed his automaton Pokemon, climbing into it's massive hands as he spoke. It would be only a moment later that the pair were soaring off through the skies of Hoenn, heading toward their physical destination.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Side RP Board

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces