Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Whole Wide World
The Solus ༄ Magical Research Ship Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 4:53 pm

User Image✶☁
DUANAIRE LIANE AINDRIAS-EVERA

fifth year || Gryffindor || halfblood
Art Club mapmaker || Quidditch chaser
irregular attendee of any club events

Aire broke into another grin when instead of responding to anything she’d said, Harmony pointed out that her notes were probably all over the place. ”Bold of you to assume I take notes!” she shot back, tossing her charms textbook at the bottom bunk.

Harmony replied more calmly than Aire felt, which simultaneously made Aire feel better and feel silly. Had she overthought it? Was Harmony not really feeling that worked up? Did she just make it worse by bringing up all these things?

”I...guess that makes sense. You can’t just forget about those early years.” Aire said slowly, turning it over in her head. Maybe it was because Aire had grown up with more family and crew than she could keep track of anyways, but she found it surprisingly easy to forget her dad and stepmother sometimes. But then again she couldn’t imagine never seeing them over breaks or never writing them. It kind of sucked Harmony still felt something and valued something of her birth givers. It was like twine that would always connect her and Jaelah back. ”If they have, we’;; just have to change her mind….or make one of the adults do it.”

Aire realized Harmony had taken the dye bad off and got off, doing an easy flip and landing on two solid feet. She glanced at the silver dye and shrugged with a silent “Be right back” move before stepping into the bathroom. A quick shower later, she came out, running her fingers through still-damp hair. Silver had stuck to strands and at the ends, creating a slight ombre effect. ”I think I like it actually, You pick up some tricks from Finley?”

She shook her newly dyed hair out, resisting the urge to braid it out of her way. The next words out of here went back to what she had been thinking about during that quick rinse: ”Harmony? Was orphanage life really bad? You still write letters to some of your friends from there right?”

setting Spirit Squad room, The Solus || with Harmony
appearance 5'2", lithe || wearing loose muslin top and sweats
status treating Insecurity

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Soon may the Wellerman come
To bring us sugar
And tea and rum
One day, when the tonguing' is done
We'll take our leave and go.
☁✶
~"The Wellerman" recorded by Neil Colquhoun. Cover by Caleb Hyles, Anthony Vincent, Jonathan Young, Pellek, and NateWantstoBattle.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:14 am
User Image
Harmony Aindrias
Fourth year Gryffindor
Quidditch Reserve User Image Adventurer's Club Rookie

▬▬ A smooth sea never made a good captain...So its confirmed!▬▬

Harmony laughed, of course Aire didn’t take notes... or if she did they weren’t super good notes. Aire was just naturally smart, she didn’t need notes and Harmony adored her for that. When Aire came back out with her damp hair, Harmony wasn’t completely horrified, but also hoed that the dye would wear out or Aire would let Harmony change it up again before Hogwarts, because it wasn’t super even and could probably be much better. ”It’s nice but I think it could be better if we re-did it in a few weeks. I have gotten a handful of tips from Finley, he’s a good guy. And much better at hair than I am.”

Harmony paused when Aire asked her about orphanage life. It had been quite a while ago hadn’t it.... She had good memories and sad memories, but not necessarily any horrible memories... ”It wasn’t super bad, I mean they took care of a lot of kids. The worse part was not being accepted, I was younger so I had a lot of families that wanted me... but I just wasn’t their idea of perfect. Well... I mean I guess I could have been, for a while there I was super well behaved, wore cutesy little dresses... but knowing that I would never go back to my parents if I left the orphanage... but then I heard Jaelah was born and knew that they weren’t coming back for me. But even then, orphanage life wasn’t so bad, I had Susie, well now she goes by Vera.” She took a breath, what had been Aire’s question again? What kind of tangent had Harmony gone on.

Well now she had to finish the rest of her life story, ”When Mom and Dad came they wanted an older girl, but one that was close in age to you. Probably helped that they saw trouble in me, someone that wouldn’t run screaming from your pranks. So, no it wasn’t bad. I think I made it much worse by not just behaving from the get go. I made several friends, Finley, Vera, Galen, a couple other Hogwarts kids. I only write to Vera, who sometimes relays messages to Galen I think since they’re siblings. But, the rest are in Hogwarts or we just lost touch.” Surely though Aire knew all about Vera right? Had Harmony talked about Vera out loud, or was Vera her secret friend... Harmony made a note, she needed to talk more about Vera.

▬▬ This is just one big storm and its all a mess, but Ill be a great Captain one day.▬▬

Where: The Solus
With Whom: Aire
Thinking about: life. Before
Wearing: black shorts x stabilized peg leg x gray sweater

addaellis

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:41 pm

User Image✶☁

sixth year (17 years) || Gryffindor || halfblood

Aire had woken up at nearly 4 this morning, three full hours earlier than usual, even for a class day, which it most certainly was not. She had tried reading to go back to sleep, then got dressed. Then changed clothes. Then stood there trying to fix her hair for what felt like three hours but was really only thirty minutes. She had grabbed a blanket and random textbook and walked around the edge of the ship. When studying wasn’t happening, she went back to her room and transfigured all of her and Harmony’s textbooks into funny hats and covered Harmony and Jaelah’s bunks with them– seventeen years old meant no trace meant the best pranks! She made sandwiches for everyone still on board but used stiffened pieces of seaweed as plates. It still wasn’t two.

She spent an hour lounging in the magizoology office doodling coral furniture, then an hour in the cursebreaking office trying her hand at her mammon’s latest translation project. Finally, she went back to her room to freak out about what to wear and how to do her hair–how did you style short hair???--, freaked out that she was overdoing it, wondered if she should do makeup, found her ami’s makeup, realized she had no idea what any of these makeup objects did, abandoned that as well, went through Harmony’s closet, and With half an hour before two, Aire finally abandoned all hope of understanding how to dress up, found a clean shirt with fancy-looking sleeves, added a belt, and ran a comb through her hair.

Why was she even freaking out? It was just Austen! She’d hung out with him plenty of times! He’d seen her after she exploded paint all over herself! She doodled in his notes, asked him silly questions like “If two boggarts met, what would they become?”, and once swapped all his bookmarks with socks–clean ones at least!

Yeah, she was totally freaking out.

Aire grabbed a wrapped book and their usual notebook and went to pace along the railing of the forecastle. She kept a nervous eye on the dock, waiting for one particular face to appear so she could jump off and sneak up on. "Hey."

setting Home at Sea. Early July 2055 || with Awaiting Austen
appearance 5'3", lithe || wearing totally pirate garb
status why is nervous? what nervous? ahhhhgaa;lkj

'Cause I want to be with you
But I need a place to start
I'm surrounded and captured
By the armies of your heart
And I feel so alive when I sing
And I hope you've realized:
I will stay here
Safe and sheltered in your palm
Till it's time to wing towards the sun.
☁✶
~"Armies of Your Heart" by Elizaveta.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                  yoυr voιce ιт carrιeѕ over тнe нυввυв and тнe нυм
                                                  and ιт paιnтѕ тнe ѕĸy and cιrcleѕ нιgн
                                                  lιĸe тнe вeaтιng oғ a drυм - yoυ wιll ѕcreaм "ι won’т ғorgeт yoυ"
                                                  вυт ι’ll cover мy cold earѕ
                                                  ιт cannoт вe a lιe ιғ no-one нearѕ

spaceAusten was, admittedly, not always the best at interpreting emotions. And, unfortunately for him, his own emotions were included in that particular blind spot, which was rather inconvenient. Oh, he knew what he was feeling, certainly. He wasn't so repressed or unaware that he couldn't recognize his feelings for what they were, contrary to what some people might think. It was more that, once he determined what he felt, he sometimes struggled with figuring out why. Which resulted in a lot of introspection, which sometimes went nowhere and sometimes went places he was rather surprised to've ended up.

spaceWhich, in this case... yeah, he had no clue how he'd ended up with a crush on Aire.

spaceHe wasn't bothered by this turn of events, exactly. More confused. She was, objectively, very pretty, and fun, and probably someone many people would quite easily develop feelings for. But Austen had never had a crush on anybody before, and Aire was not exactly someone he'd have expected himself to feel those sorts of feelings for. They were friends, but they were also very different people, and he'd always assumed he'd be more interested in someone like his mother, frankly. To've gone for someone who reminded him a lot more of his father was throwing him for a loop, even as it reminded him that, well. Sometimes very different people did have romantic feelings for one another, and sometimes those feelings even led to very successful relationships. Certainly, he'd never doubted that his parents were in love, and the very picture of a good, strong partnership, despite having almost nothing truly in common.

spaceSo... Aire. He'd accepted that it was what it was, of course, but that left him in an odd place. Because they were friends, but he had no idea if his more romantic feelings were at all reciprocated. Sometimes, he thought she behaved somewhat bizarrely around him, but he couldn't tell if it was because she liked him, or because she was... just bizarre. He'd made peace with her oddities a long time ago, but now it made it difficult to determine if she was being normal-weird or maybe-hiding-a-crush-weird.

spaceHe was going to have to ask, wasn't he?

spaceWhich was awkward, and uncomfortable, because if she didn't like him and that made it weird, well. He was down a friend, then. He'd not put a lot of worry into having friends when he was younger, but now he valued her friendship enough that the thought of losing it was anxiety-inducing. Then there was the general anxiety of having to confess to such a thing in the first place, and the general anxiety of what happened if she did like him as well, and a whole other mess of related anxieties.

spaceAusten wondered, not for the first time, if teenagers should even be allowed to have feelings. It seemed beyond them, if you asked him. This sort of thing ought to stay locked up in the brain until you were old enough to process it normally, surely.

spaceStill, none of this prevented him from apparating to the location Aire had relayed, bright and early in the morning (which felt odd, for her). If nothing else, he could see her home, meet more of the people she knew, and spend some time with her, which was always nice. Nothing said he had to confess to anything today. Surely. He could... probably put it off. Probably.

and ιn yearѕ тo coмe, yoυ’ll wander тo тнe place υp on oυr нιll
                                                  and тнen yoυ’ll cry тo oυr paιnтed ѕĸy
                                                  "ι loved нιм тнen, ι love нιм ѕтιll"
                                                  and yoυ’ll ѕтrew ѕoмe ѕage and lιlιeѕ and roѕeѕ wнere ι roт
                                                  oғ all тнe ғlowerѕ yoυ pιcĸed
                                                  ι ĸnew yoυ woυld ғorgeт ғorgeт-мe-noтѕ

wнere - The Docks
                                                  wнen - Summer 2055
                                                  wιтн - who
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:12 pm

User Image✶☁

sixth year (17 years) || Gryffindor || halfblood

Aire snuck up behind Austen with a quiet poke and ”Hey.” She grinned, relaxing even as her heart made like a butterfly. She blinked. Had he gotten even taller since the end of the year? Taller and more handsome--err! Weird thoughts wash away, no need to embarrass yourself right away! Aire shook her head and handed the books in her hand: it was just their usual notebook, plus a silly poetry book she’d sketched and painted in a bit–err, “illustrated”. There might have been a secret code worked into some of them too, but it was mostly just silly doodles. Hopefully it’d make him smile. ”So uh, happy birthday! A little belated. But uh, you’re seventeen! No trace! You can turn books into hats and the Ministry won't chase you down!”

Oh she probably should’ve have waited for the end of the evening for that. Now he’d have to carry it around or something. …Darn.

”Uh, anyways! This is home! Ship-home. Welcome aboard!” Aire patted the hull of the ship and prepared to jump on via a porthull before deciding against it and just leading the way towards the gangpank. ”Anyways. Did you already eat? I made sandwiches. There’s nothing wrong with them! Or maybe there is hehehe. Or we can…idk… tour the ship. I didn’t make an agenda.”

Should she have? Oh she probably should have. But there was always stuff to do. Or read. Or study. Or she’d drag him along to do a perfect crime prank. Ahh should she have made an agenda?

setting Home at Sea. Early July 2055 || with Austen
appearance 5'3", lithe || wearing totally pirate garb
status probably should've planned things ahhhh

'Cause I want to be with you
But I need a place to start
I'm surrounded and captured
By the armies of your heart
And I feel so alive when I sing
And I hope you've realized:
I will stay here
Safe and sheltered in your palm
Till it's time to wing towards the sun.
☁✶
~"Armies of Your Heart" by Elizaveta.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Harmony Aindrias
Hogwarts Graduate ~ 2057 Gryffindor
First Mate of the SolusUser ImageUser Image

▬▬"Won't somebody help me? I'm drowning. I'm slipping away into sorrow, deeper and deeper."▬▬

Aire was gone. Harmony was alone. Aire had always been Harmony's best friend, her cousin, her sister, her first mate. Harmony looked out across the sea while the Solus was still at port. Aire should be here, with her. Aire would tell her to cheer up, to think of a prank to pull.

But Harmony couldn't pull any pranks without Aire. Her most recent prank attempt - to scare Jaelah as she opened the door, had failed pretty badly. She had tied an extra leg above the door, and had messed something up and it had kicked Jaelah in the eye, instead of stopping - she hadn't calculated that Jaelah would keep walking as she opened the door. harmony tried to help Jaelah, but Jaelah ran. It seemed that Jaelah didn't tell their parents, but Harmony knew - she couldn't pull pranks anymore.

Harmony sighed and walked off the ship, she couldn't wait until they were back on the sea. They had stopped, both to get Jaelah's eye checked out and for some necessary repairs. She had gotten an invitation to visit Vera - her shop was opening officially today, all of Vera's dreams coming true. She had already declined the invitation though, they were supposed to be out at sea.

She bought a paper, and began flipping through it. The usual boring news stories, but look - there was a little ad about Vera's new shop. Harmony smiled, tore it out, and went back to the ship. She wrote a note for Vera, "Hey - best of luck with everything! I can't wait to see it in person!" she sealed it and sent the letter off - before seeing what was now showing through the ripped hole - Cameron the Quidditch Ref vs. Maya Masters.

Harmony threw the paper into the fire. No. She was already nobody to everyone - everyone had forgotten about her, had abandoned her on her 21st birthday. She was not going to have the same with her friend, her role model - Maya Masters. No she would not have Maya's world turned upside down because some Ref kept making bad calls. He just needed to be taught a lesson.

The next game would have just ended nearby - Harmony knew what she had to do. She walked through the ship, looking for anyone who was around. There was no one, other than one of the repair guys flagging her down, saying the ship should be good to go once her crew was back.

Harmony nodded, thanking the repair guys. Then she heard someone's soft footsteps walking onto the ship deck - Weslyn. She turned around, in a rush and took Weslyn by the shoulders, looking down at the older. girl, who was over a foot shorter than her - "Weslyn! Little Lass! Perfect timing! I need a favor. I can't test drive the ship alone, but everyone else is out. Care to take a little joy ride with me? You'll be my first mate and I'll be the captain! Just want to make sure that there aren't any issues with the ship's repairs before we're out on another adventure! We'll be back over here before lunch!"

She shuffled Weslyn to be further on the ship, "You start pre-sailing whatever you need to do - I have one tiny errand to run first, and then I'll be back and I will get everything else together and we can do our small jaunt out to sea. Sound good?"

▬▬"But then - nobody can really help me... It's your hand I'm reaching for."▬▬

Setting: The Solus, Sumer 2060
Thinking about: Im Alone and He's done
Wearing: Leg Blank pants; brown top; jacket

addaellis

kiska166

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:10 am

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE-HAWKINS

23 years || Hufflepuff Alumna || halfblood animagus
Magizoologist
The Solus

The summer felt like it was dragging on. Being on shore was nice–it meant Weslyn had time to spend with her parents, with Yukon and his girlfriend, and with Kenny. She had even stopped by Angier’s grave and met his best friend and a poltergeist. But after four years at sea, Wes was starting to feel like the ocean was more home than the shore.

Usually, Weslyn tried to treat Friday as a weekend, but today was so quiet that after letting Skip know where she was going and that she’d be back before lunch, Wes headed for the familiar ship on the dock with a small bouquet of flowers– Maybe someone would be there. Maybe Harmony would be there, and she could give her her present today instead of whenever repairs were done.

Wes smiled at the old repairman and his younger assistants, waving as they passed and informed her the repairs had been finished ahead of schedule. Perfect timing! Wes headed up the gangplank. She had barely stepped foot when Harmony whirled out of nowhere and took her by the shoulders. Wes jumped, nearly dropping the flowers all over the place.

”Harmony! Hello! Happ–”

Harmony seemed to be in a rush– she needed a favor. She had to test drive the ship, but everyone else was out? That made sense! Captain Aindrias had been training Harmony up for the job, and Wes had heard retirement come up more than once. Harmony was working so hard even on her birthday!

Weslyn wasn’t sure if they could sail the ship with just the two of them either, but Harmony seemed to be confident they could do it, and with two witches, surely it’d be okay? Weslyn nodded, flashing Harmony a big smile as the much taller girl shuffled her on board. ”Aye–Aye-aye captain! I’ll run through the pre-sail checklist and check everything?”

setting 20 August 2060, Aboard the Solus || with Soon-to-be Captain Harmony
appearance 5'2", petite || wearing light blue cardigan and blue dress outfit
status A test run!

kiska166

A kind and steady heart can make a grey sky blue
And a task that seems impossible, is quite possible for you
A kind and steady heart, is sure to see you through
It may not seem like very much right now
It'll do, it'll do

✿❀
~"That'll Do" from "Babe: Pig in the City"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Harmony Aindrias
Hogwarts Graduate ~ 2057 Gryffindor
First Mate of the SolusUser ImageUser Image

▬▬"Won't somebody help me? I'm drowning. I'm slipping away into sorrow, deeper and deeper."▬▬

Harmony smiled at Weslyn, "I knew I could count on you! Yes run through the checklist and let me know if there's anything that seems off. I'll be back in two jiffys" She grabbed a loose sack from the side of the ship, why was It there, she didn't know but it would be convenient.

Harmony took off, apparating to just outside the field where the game had ended shortly before. She hoped she hadn't missed him, after looking around for several minutes, but no - she saw finally saw the semi0familiar head appear - Cameron. She walked up behind him, and whispered in his ear, "No one messes with Maya Masters." Before she promptly threw the sack over his head, and whispered a little, "Incarcerous" . Ropes appeared, bounding his hands, she thought about maybe muffling him, but no. that would be too sketchy - she wasn't evil. She did give him a laugh as she said, "You'll be my guest now."

She held tightly to him, she wanted to scare him not splinch him! She apparated back to the ship, going directly to the captain's quarters. She then shut the door and locked it, before walking back to the front with Weslyn, as if she hadn't committed any crimes, "Let's go little Lass! As long as the recheck went well? Nothing too awful?" She looked toward the captain's quarters, she needed to get the ship out of port before someone asked what was going on, before someone realized she had just kidnapped one of the worst humans in existence.

"In that case! Ship let's move out! A nice little test run!"

▬▬"But then - nobody can really help me... It's your hand I'm reaching for."▬▬

Setting: The Solus, Sumer 2060
Thinking about: He's Done
Wearing: Leg Blank pants; brown top; jacket

addaellis

kiska166

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:58 pm
User Image
                                                'Cause we all get lost sometimes, you know? It's how we learn and how we grow.
                                                ......................................And I wanna lay with you 'til I'm old. You shouldn't be fighting on your own.

And if you feel you're sinking, I will jump right over into cold, cold water for you.......................................................
                                                And although time may take us into different places, I will still be patient with you.

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Cameron Rowley
                                                Quidditch Referee - Retired Caerphilly Catapaults Captain & Beater
                                                Gryffindor Alumnus - Fifty Three - Muggleborn - Father

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Cameron had finished changing out of his referee uniform as he always did before carrying on with his day. He enjoyed summer games in the morning because they tended to usually finish by early to mid afternoon, which allowed for him to get off the field for the hottest time of day. He didn’t typically stay very long to linger and chitchat with the players as they were usually unhappy with him. He didn’t really understand why as the way he saw it, he was just doing his job. Then again, he had retired from playing. He knew what it felt like when the referee had made a call against him that he disagreed with – but he knew what was bullshit and what wasn’t, and his calls weren’t bullshit. That was why he was a good player and was made Captain of the Caerphilly Catapaults, and that was also why he was a good referee, regardless of others’ opinions. If they thought they could do a better job, then why was he here and they weren’t?

Sighing, Cameron watched as the crowds died down, standing in the shade. Post games, most people didn’t pay him any attention, probably assuming that he was just another fan. After all, without his uniform, he looked like any regular person (unless someone recognized his face, of course, which happened often enough but luckily, not too much anymore). Today, however, he seemed to have been recognized by a woman – her voice sounded feminine – as she had thrown a sack over his head and whispered in his ear. “What the ********> he exclaimed as ropes bound his hands. Unfortunately, his wand was in his bag that was strapped to his back, so he couldn’t reach it. Was he seriously being kidnapped now? A lump filled his throat as the woman told him he’d be her guest now – was he seriously being kidnapped?

Next thing he knew, she had apparated with him before seating him down on the wooden floor. “Is this a joke?! Let me go!” he demanded as he listened to her leave, closing the door behind her. Cam began fiddling with his hands, trying to untangle the rope around them but luck was not on his side. Next, he squirmed around on the ground, trying to remove the sack from his head.

And I hope you know, I won't let go. ..................
                                                I'll be your lifeline tonight.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Stefan Lee Salvatore
addaellis

The Whole Wide World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items