Submit

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:02 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The pride had experienced many trials from the Gods, as they above the heavens. Kata had seen to the many to start burying the dead. Those that were on missions, she had search parties so the families could have closure. The Right hand, as she was... her duty to make sure the pride was running smoothly. Emi, The Queen took her aside.

“You need rest.”
“I need more able bodies to help move the dead ones, and for those lost in missions .. to turn up.”
“Do you think me incapable?”
“No my Queen.”
“Good.. so I am relieving you. I will have the others go on and dig in the forest... you ... my dear right paw, should take a break from the stress of the pride. I admire your hard work but I need you well rested for the days to come. Go and be back in four suns time.”
“My Queen...”
“I need to see to it that everyone is fed.. why don’t you check migration patterns while your out. That too is important.”
“Seems ..... fair I guess. I’ll head out soon.”
“... you deserve this break... don’t feel bad. The gods have shown their wrath and it has taken a toll on us all. Ease your mind, refresh yourself and be careful.”
“I will always return.”

Kata bowed her head, then left her side. Going in to her hole within the massive crater, a room she once shared with her mate and children. Now... she had lost her mate, her daughter and one son. It turned her stomach.. the year had almost ended and still no sign of any of them. One part of a body returned and it was devastating.

Taking a fur that draped down to her midback, she left. As soon as the pride was about almost out of sight. She heart began to run.... and run...without holding back.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:32 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tabansi had never left, not really, when the pride largely disbanded. There were still a core group of them holding strong and working to rebuild the pride, but it was going to take a lot of work to get there. Luckily, Tabansi prided himself a hard worker.

It was on his way back from checking out their borders - no longer official, but an old habit that he liked to keep up - that he saw the Boss Lady’s Right Hand speeding toward him. She was a blur of oranges and browns, and he furrowed his brows at the sight. Was she running from something? Running to somewhere? Or was she just… running?

As she drew nearer he could make out the features of her face, and though Tabansi did not know her very well, he could tell something was wrong. Figuring she wouldn’t see him, he decided to start walking - no, running - toward her, calling out her name. “Katapatan! Kata, are you alright?” He squinted his red eyes at her, trying to catch up with her speed and figure out if she was okay. This certainly wasn’t in his job description, but she was a pridemate all the same and he genuinely cared to know that she was alright.

{WC: 212}

Chi Sohma

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out