Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
Reality Bytes ~ Open (Now Hiring!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Tucked into a small corner of Knockturn Alley is a small shop that seems like it shouldn't belong. Full of muggle devices, it caters to a specific group of wizards that wish to incorporate technology into their lives. As much of the inventory is basically contraband and in blatant violation of the Statute of Secrecy, the owner, Akira Yamazaki, tries to stay ahead of raids on his store while selling his wares of computers, cell phones, tablets, and the like that fully operate around magical areas.

Owner: Akira Yamazaki
Assistants: None yet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:38 pm
Inventory
════════════════════════

Laptops
Personal Computers
Tablets
Cell Phones
Music Players
Gaming Systems
Headsets
Keyboards
Mouses
Televisions
Various other electronic devices

Prices available upon request.
Repair prices vary upon the item in question.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:39 pm
Announcements
════════════════════════

xxxNow Hiring for the following positionsxxx

- Shop Assistants
- Stockers

xxxSpecialsxxx

None Currently

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:00 am
User Image
                                                  Well it's too long living in the same old lives
                                                  I feel too cold to live, too young to die
                                                  Will you walk the line, like it's there to choose
                                                  Just forget the wit, it's the best to use

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ ᴏғ Rᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ Bʏᴛᴇs || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Akira sat back, looking at his most recent project he was working on. He'd accidentally fried a motherboard on a computer he'd been intending to sell (dang magic!) and was at the moment trying to salvage what he could of the components before repairing it. It was annoying, that was for sure, and he was getting eyestrain from staring at the diagnostics on his own computer for so long. Sighing, he rubbed his eyes and glanced up at the monitor showing the interior of his shop. That's when he noticed there seemed to be a man seemingly browsing his wares, causing Akira to frown. Okay, the chime on the door hadn't sounded, which made Akira suspicious ad heck, but he got up and decided to investigate.

As he entered the main part of his shop, he noticed that the man seemed to be really looking at his wares carefully. However, as soon as he entered the front, the man looked up and smiled. The smile made Akira's skin crawl, but honestly? That was pretty normal for Knockturn Alley. Shaking it off, he approached and smirked, putting a hand out for the man to shake. "Akira Yamazaki. Owner of this fine establishment. What can I do you for?"

He was kind of hoping that the guy would say that he was in the wrong store, or that he was just browsing and was leaving, but the man proved it was neither as he gestured toward the stock. "I was just curious. I don't see that many shops around here selling muggle goods. How do you get them to work around magic?"

"A bit of tinkering, a bit of hard work. Took a while, but it works." Akira shrugged, not sure where the conversation was going. He wasn't about to admit to enchanting electronics, for crying out loud! "You interested in anything?"

Akira blinked, suddenly aware that the other man was crowding him. He didn't look so good, Akira noted, as the man seemed to be swaying on his feet. Suddenly his knees gave way, and Akira reached out to catch him. "Woah mate, you alright? Almost brained yourself on the counter here."

The man blinked at Akira in confusion, and shook his head. "Where am I? Japan?"

Akira shook his head, now even more confused. "No, England. You just walked into my shop." He frowned. "Are you okay though? You don't look so good."

The man shook his head again, making Akira wonder if some nutter had just waltzed into his shop. "No, I'm... I'm fine" Standing unsteadily, he glanced around the shop in more confusion before shaking his head. "I need to leave."

Before Akira could do anything, the man simply rushed out of the shop, causing Akira to wonder just what the heck had happened. "Uh, bye?" Shaking his head, he looked around his shop, confused. "That was weird."

════════════════════════

Thinking: What... just happened?
                                                  OOC: >.>

- ◬ -

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I lost my mind, in the city of lights
                                                  In the backstreets buildings and the neon lights
                                                  When I heard the thunder, I could feel the rain
                                                  It's the same to me, just a different name

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:21 pm
We could set the world on fire using only our minds
Pyrokinesis, we hurt each other without trying
When you say the things you say they start a little spark
Ignite this small but also highly flammable heart
I smell something burning; we're melting down tonight

User Image
CALLISTA
DULCE
HARGRAVE

former slytherin │ unemployed │ pureblood

Much to her consternation, Callista could not exactly say she'd had no warning. That said, spirited discussion about the shop (and her in vain trying to reason Akira out of it) was one thing. That was all theoretical. She enjoyed theoretical conversations. Seeing it in the flesh was... something else.

On some level, there was pride, because when her boyfriend said he was going to do something, he did it. Akira was many things, but never indecisive or wishy washy. He had enough determination and resourceful to fuel a dozen people. On another level, if her work ever found out about this, she was in such deep, deep s**t. Also... she'd told him this could only end terribly, like 'prison time' terribly, and he'd gone and done it anyways.

At least he was getting business, she thought sourly, as a man rushed out of the shop as she approached. Probably afraid the Ministry was about to raid it any moment, though that wasn't exactly uncommon in Knockturn Alley.

Steeling herself, Callista entered the shop, glaring at the cheery sound of the bell ringing to announce her entrance. Ignoring the stacked shelves and clear signs of a thriving business- it's not like he was wanting for merchandise- she approached the counter, arms folded.

"So," she said, icily. "This is the shop."

OOC:
Diamond Wales

Neither one of us could gain control over our powers
Over one another we could fight like this for hours
Words deep soaked in gasoline and it will never change
And even if you loved me now it'd just feel cold and strange
I can see the embers, they're glowing in your eyes

Knockturn Alley

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash