Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] A-Viking We Will Go (Vidar x Kayitz)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:20 am
User ImageThings had been quite back home and, while quiet generally meant safe, it also meant boring. Vidar was glad the sky was no longer raining hell upon the lands and that any political unrest seemed to have tempered, but gods, he felt as if he were wasting away for lack of things to do! His cubs were all adults and while they humored their father and visited from time to time, he truly did feel a bit lonely on top of it all. That was strange, wasn't it? In a pride full of lions, with a crew of males and females alike ready to go, Vidar felt alone.

It didn't help that the one love of his life didn't return his feelings so he could hardly settle down and raise a litter or two with her, though he had no trouble rearing cubs on his own once they were weaned. He took great joy in doing so, actually. But that wasn't an option right now, which only left one thing to cure him of his boredom: going a-viking.

So Vidar gathered up his band of lions and had set out with no real destination in mind, no real goal to achieve. Just something to shake the cobwebs from his mind and to stretch his legs. Perhaps he'd find a great treasure out in the rogue lands, one that he could bring back and split among his Reavers so they could receive the same clout that Vidar was known for.

They had been traveling for a few days before Vidar declared they'd take a full two days to stop and rest at a watering hole they'd come across. There was plenty of food nearby and it would be a good way to extend their adventure. He went off on his own to scout, having caught the scent of a few lions nearby. He wanted to make sure they weren't going to be an issue.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:43 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sigh.

Kayitz could smell other lions. She lifted her black-tipped nose in the air and drank in the foreign, what seemed like sea-salty, scent. But gods, she was tired and she hadn't the heart or the motivating curiosity to get the hell up and see what was going on. Let them come to her.

She was lounging on a large, flat rock, a wide yawn parting her maw. Mentally, she was just... drained. Lonely, tired, and feeling purposeless. Many moons ago she'd set out on a quest to find her daughters - daughters she'd known would be well grown and independent and fine now, but she regretted not knowing them. So far, however, she'd come up fruitless. Childless, really. They'd all parted ways and she had absolutely no leads on where any of them had gone. Zawadi had joined a pride, Kayitz had heard from someone who'd known exactly who she'd meant when she described her firstborn's flashing pink and purple eyes. But since, even though she'd visited many a pride - been chased away by a few - she'd year to find head nor tail of any of her children. It was starting to seem like a lost cause. She needed to move on. But how?

Cue the handsome viking waltzing into her life.

SilverLutz

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:00 am
Vidar followed his nose over a rocky outcropping and through some tall grass to find the first lion he'd scented. Well, lioness actually. She didn't seem concerned with the sounds of settling lions nearby - Vidar could hear his band laughing and talking even with the obstacles between them - which either meant she was confident or deaf. He caught the subtle movement of an ear twisting his way as he approached though. Vidar made absolutely no effort to be quiet, in fact quite the opposite. He tied baubles and jewelry and bones into his mane to jingle as he walked, alerting both friend and foe to his approach. He was confident enough in his own abilities that he didn't need the element of surprise to succeed in his endeavors.

"Hello," he called out to the female as he approached. "Is this your territory? I didn't scent any claims to the area. My band and I are settling here for the next few days and I wanted to ensure we aren't going to cause any trouble during our stay unless trouble finds us first." He grinned as he paused, standing a few paces from the rock that the lioness was resting on.

"I am Vidar, the captain of the Reavers you can certainly hear and smell. We are passing through but need to rest a few days before moving on."

RuIerr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:47 am
A band? Captain? Reaver? Something niggled at the back of Kayitz's memory and she squinted, focusing inward while she thought, trying to place those words.

Ah. Tethys. It had been a long time since she'd last met a captain, but that was he, and the scent he'd carried - that's what she'd picked up on in the scent the strangers carried. It made so much sense.

Realizing who this gentleman was, and the fact that he was being so considerate and polite in addition to his obvious approach, she wanted to right herself. Gracefully, she managed to lift herself from her side to a sitting position, drawing herself up to full height. "A captain of the Stormborn, yes?" Kayitz quirked a brow, noting his name - Vidar. He wasn't the first one she'd met, honeslty - and she was sure he wouldn't be the last - but gods, was he possibly the handsomest.

Ever composed, she refused to not allow herself the pleasure of raking her bright, shining pink eyes over his clay-brown coat. It was plain save for the brilliant, light swirls that adorned his side, accented by the bright shock of white and seafoam hair crowning his head and the tip of his tail. Phew. She was lonely, yes, but did she really need to dally with another of the Stormborn? Well, if they were all this cute...

It took a lot of composure not to physically shake her head as she rearranged her thoughts. "To where are you headed, Vidar?" She posed the question before stealthily hopping down from the rock and stepping to face him before settling back onto her haunches, wrapping her black tail around herself as she tilted her head, waiting for him to elaborate on his journey and purpose.

SilverLutz

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:58 am
Vidar wasn't surprised this lioness knew of the pride from which he hailed. They weren't that far from the very edge of their boarders and Viking groups went out frequently enough that those that hung around were familiar enough with them. The fact that she knew of the Stormborn and wasn't a Thrall spoke of her strength, cunning, or luck. Perhaps all three, he thought to himself as she approached. There were some Captains that made it a mission to bring back Thralls. Vidar was not one of those types.

"That's correct," he said with an easy grin, not minding the sudden shortening of the distance between them. "And elsewhere, I suppose is as good an answer as I can give. No real destination in mind. Just getting out and about, seeing what's going on in the rogue lands, perhaps finding a trinket or two to bring back for our efforts." Just as he had no qualms about announcing his presence, he had no reservations about telling a complete stranger about his plans. He was confident enough that should she be some sort of spy for a gang of bandits he and his crew could take them on.

He wasn't about to let her off the hook so easily, though.

"I've answered your questions, will you do me the honor of answering mine?" Vidar quirked a brow, still waiting to hear if she called this area home. If she did he'd request peaceful interloping for a few days. If not...well. They'd cross that log when they got to it.

RuIerr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:15 pm
Kayitz appreciated the candid nature of this male; he was forthright and plain but in an... oddly charming way. Maybe it was just because he was cute. Maybe that was clouding her judgement because, well, she'd been alone for so long. Or maybe he was genuinely a good guy!

Only one way to find out.

At his insistence that she answer his question, she had to think way too hard to recall to what he referred. When her mind backtracked and she realized, she widened her eyes and said "Oh!" with a laugh. It wasn't like her to sidestep questions, she just... supposed her mind had been elsewhere. "No, this... I have no home, no territory to speak of. Could you imagine me, on my lonesome, defending this land?" It was hard for her not to snort when she let out another laugh - something she did, but she knew wasn't attractive, necessarily. Cute, sometimes. Definitely not attractive. Maybe endearing. But... anyway.

"No, I do not need grant you permission to occupy this land, but I do, ah, humbly request you allow me remain? I may move on, may not, I just..." she gave the air of a shrug and looked up at him through thick, batting lashes. "I don't know that I've the energy to relocate, but I promise I mean to trouble." Kayitz flashed a smile, her eyes dancing as she wondered how he might respond. If she had to move on, so be it - but maybe he'd let her stick around. Maybe she'd have some company - a band of Reavers, this captain, whomever - for just a bit.

SilverLutz

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:29 pm
The lioness' surprise made Vidar chuckle along with her, the little snort making his grin widen. It was nice when a lioness wasn't afraid to be herself around him just as he had nothing to hide around anyone. His title often made those within the pride act more proper - or sometimes more tough - when he was around, but out here Captain didn't hold the weight it held back home. It was nice, really. A breath of fresh air.

"It's a nice spot. I'd put up a fight for it," he said with a wink, not missing her coy glance. "It's no more ours than yours, of course you cay stay. We're not here to stir up trouble like that." Sure, some Captains and Reavers made it a mission to fight and capture and ruin whoever they came across. Vidar and his group were more interested in exploring and finding things to bring back - pelts, shiny rocks, bones, strange artifacts not seen before - and if fighting happened along the way, so be it.

"If you'd like you can join us. My Reavers are a bit rowdy but they're all good lions. I expect someone's already out hunting, you'd be welcome to eat with us at the very least if that's all you can stand of us." He knew a Viking party wasn't everyone's idea of a fun gang to hang around, but he knew his band would treat her with respect and welcome her for the night.

"There is a price for joining us, though," he said with a little smirk, letting the slightly flirtatious offer hang in the air. He followed it a moment later with a wide smile.

"Your name."

RuIerr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:43 pm
Kayitz let out another grin, thankful for his offer. She was about to respond when he continued on and dropped the ask for her name.

Whoosh.

She felt a hollowness in her body, in her ears, as everything vanished from her mind. Just for a moment, as she took in this handsome, sweet, charming male giving her attention, flirting with her, offering to spend time. She knew it was only temporary - it always seemed to be - but she didn't mind. All she wanted was some entertainment, and if that came with a heart-pounded bout of flirtation with a cute boy? So be it!

Gathering herself, her smile softened as she let out a playful sigh. "Oh, but you know how much power a name has, Vidar." Her lip curled as she mouthed his name, loving that there was this... this slight power imbalance hanging between them, just for these few, charged moments.

"My name's Kayitz," she conceded with a deep dip of her head, looking up flirtatiously at him once again. "Do with that what you will." As she lifted her head, she tilted it as if actually mulling over something before finishing with a quick nod. "I think I would love to join you-- r band," she saved, realizing she was definitely more excited to hang out with him than she was to meet the rest of the lions he oversaw. Power was sexy, what could she say?

"I'd offer up my hunting skills as an add-on but they're not all that great, I more... prefer to look the part of a pretty face and nice company than a worker bee."

SilverLutz

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:52 pm
Vidar tilted his head just a bit as she teased him, an amused look on his face as he let her have that power she'd mentioned for just a bit longer. But finally she gave in, her name a gift he surely wouldn't ignore.

Kayitz's agreement to join him - them - delighted the Captain. This was what he'd needed. A break from routine, the monotony of day-to-day life. This was why he'd come out here, he realized. Not specifically to flirt or to meet someone new, but to change things up. Happening upon Kayitz had been pure chance but he was definitely going to make the best of it.

"Oh, don't worry about that. My band will certainly trip over themselves offering you the best of whatever kill they bring back," he said with a chuckle, turning to point back in the direction he'd come from. Glancing over his shoulder, Vidar nodded with his head to indicate Kayitz should join him and walk along beside him.

"I have no doubts you'll play the part of enjoyable company perfectly." He let one swish of his tail brush against her paws before starting to walk, trinkets jangling in his mane. "You're free to go at any time, though I do hope you'll stay with us for the days we're resting here. I'd be delighted to keep a pretty face around."

RuIerr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:58 pm
The lioness quirked a brow at his comment about his Reavers tripping over themselves to give her the best kill - she was getting up there in age and had been alone for so long that she'd forgotten she could have power and influence over males' desires. Gods, this was going to feel good. Just the reprieve she needed from moping around about her failure to locate her family. Anything to keep her entertained, but this - this sounded optimal.

Vidar began walking, and Kayitz quickly moved to follow suit. At the mention of days Kayitz couldn't suppress a smile, realizing that she would get more company than she bargained for, and she was very much looking forward to that. Then he called her a pretty face and her heart flipped. She took a moment to take a breath before grinning back up at him with a flick of her tail. "And I'd be delighted to show you just how enjoyable this pretty face can be."

SilverLutz

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas