Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Khatami Restaurant and Grill ~ Aberdeen, Scotland (Hiring)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:27 pm
xxKHATAMI RESTAURANT AND GRILLxx
A B E R D E E N

User Image

Khatami Restaurant and Grill (Farsi: سفره خانه سنتی خاتمی , Sofreh Khaneh Sonati Khatami) is a traditional Iranian restaurant providing a variety of traditional Iranian dishes for all seasons and occasions. It primarily serves muggle clientele and but wizards and witches are welcome to order from them as well. Owned by Jamshid Teymourian.

xxxxHours of Operationxxxx
Monday to Friday: 9 am – 11 pm
Saturday: 12 pm – 11 pm
Sunday: Closed

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:28 pm
xxMENUxx

xxBREAKFASTxx
HALIM tab £3.5
Delicious wheat pudding with shredded lamb and topped with cinnamon sugar, served with your choice of taftoon or barbari bread
KALEH PACHEH tab £5
Warm seasoned stew with sheep head and trotters served with your choice of taftoon or barbari bread
NOON PANEER tab £3
Your choice of taftoon or barbari bread served with Iranian white cheese, walnuts and olive oil
MORABAH VA ASAL tab £3
Your choice of taftoon or barbari bread served with butter and cherry jam or Iranian honey
VARIETY PLATTER tab £4
Your choice of taftoon or barbari bread served with with Iranian white cheese, walnuts, cherry jam, honey and butter
All breakfast dishes come with a choice of beverage from our menu

xxSOUPS & SALADSxx
ASH RESHTEH tab £4
Hearty traditional soup with beans, herbs, and noodles. Garnished with yogurt sauce, roasted garlic, caramelized onion, and mint (vegetarian)
SOUP-E JO tab £3.5
Cream of barley soup with shredded chicken breast, carrots and onions
AB DOUGH KHIAR tab £3.5
Cold yoghurt soup with cucumbers, raisins, and pieces of dried bread
OLIVIER SALAD tab £4
Olivier salad made with mashed potatoes, carrots, peas, pickles, shredded chicken and mayonnaise, served with bread rolls
SHIRAZI SALAD tab £4
Freshly diced English cucumber, tomatoes and red onions with olive oil and lemon dressing (vegetarian)
GARDEN SALAD tab £4
Heart of Iceberg lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes with homemade dressing (vegetarian)
CAESAR SALAD tab £4.5
Romaine lettuce, chicken breast, croutons and parmesan cheese with our homemade dressing
GREEK SALAD tab £4.5
Heart of iceberg lettuce, cucumber, red onions, tomatoes, black olives and feta cheese (vegetarian)

xxAPPETISERSxx
KASHK BADEMJAN tab £6
Medley of eggplant with yogurt sauce flavoured with garlic, onion and mint(vegetarian)
MIRZA GHASEMI tab £5
Charbroiled Eggplant infused with finely chopped garlic, tomato, and eggs (vegetarian)
TAHDIG tab £4
Fine crispy crust of rice served with Ghorme sabzi or Ghaimeh stew (vegetarian option available)
MAST MUSEER tab £3
A delicious blend of creamy yogurt and shallots
MAST KHIAR tab £3
A delicious blend of creamy yogurt, cucumber, and mint
PLAIN YOGHURT tab £2.5
Homemade creamy yogurt
TORSHI tab £2.5
Medley of vegetables aged in vinegar and seasoned with herbs and spices
PICKLES tab £2
Miniture cucumbers aged in vinegar, garlic, and herbs
PICKLED GARLIC tab £3
Garlic aged in vinegar and herbs
ZEYTOON PARVARDEH tab £3.5
A unique blend of olives, pomegranate sauce, ground walnut, and specialty herbs
NOON TAFTOON tab £2
Fresh warm taftoon bread served with Iranian white cheese and walnuts
NOON BARBARI tab £2
Fresh warm barbari bread served with Iranian white cheese and walnuts

xxENTRÉESxx
FESENJOON tab £9
A unique traditional stew with pomegranate juice, walnut and chicken
GHORMEH SABZI tab £7.5
Traditional stew with juicy pieces of veal shank, red kidney beans, and fresh herbs (vegetarian option available)
GHAIMEH tab £7.5
Traditional stew with juicy pieces of veal shank, saffron broth, lime, yellow split peas, and julienne cut potatoes
DAL ADAS tab £7.5
Traditional spicy stew with red lentils, potatoes and onions (vegetarian)
TAHCHIN tab £8
Savoury rice cake with spinach and chicken
SOSIS BANDARI tab £7
Spicy port-style sausage with onions and potatoes in tomato sauce, served with bread rolls and pickles
BAGHALI POLO tab £8
Traditional dish with broad beans (Fava), dill rice and lamb shank. (vegetarian option available)
SABZI POLO MAHI tab £10
Pan seared fish filet with herbed basmati rice
ZERESHK POLO tab £7
Traditional dish with basmati rice, barberries, and quarter chicken leg
DIZY tab £10
An Iranian stew with mixture of lamb, chickpeas, white beans, onions, potatoes and tomato, with turmeric and dried lime
All stews come with a side of basmati rice or with taftoon bread

xxGRILLxx
KEBAB TORSH tab £15
Tender cuts of veal, marinated in pomegranate sauce and walnuts
KEBAB BARG tab £15
One skewer of charbroiled seasoned filet mignon veal
KEBAB CHENGEH tab £15
One skewer of charbroiled seasoned tenderloin veal
KEBAB KOOBIDEH tab £ 13
Two skewers of charbroiled juicy ground beef
KEBAB SHANDIZ tab £18
One skewer of selected pieces of French rack of lamb
KEBAB SOLTANI tab £15
Combination of one skewer of Filet Mignon and one skewer of ground beef
MORGH KOOBIDEH tab £13
Charbroiled, ground chicken seasoned with saffron and spices
CHICKEN BREAST tab £14
One skewer of charbroiled, juicy boneless chicken breast infused with saffron and spices
KEBAB VAZIRI tab £15
Combination of one skewer of chicken breast and one skewer of ground beef
KEBAB DARBARI tab £16
Combination of one skewer of filet mignon and one skewer of ground chicken
VEGGIE KEBAB tab £12
Variety of seasonal grilled vegetables (vegetarian)
All skewers come with one serving of basmati rice or with a garden salad

xxDESSERTxx
SHOL-E ZARD tab £7
Rice pudding flavoured with saffron
DOUGH VA GOOSHFIL tab £6
Deep fried dough soaked in sugar syrup and served with cold dough
AKBAR MASHTI ICE CREAM tab £3.5
Saffron ice cream dotted with pistachios clotted cream chunks
FALOODEH SHIRAZI tab £3
Semi-frozen vermicelli noodles in rose syrup served with lemon juice or cherry syrup
NOON KHAME-I tab £1.5
Three cream puffs

xxBEVERAGESxx
FRUIT JUICE tab £1
Apple, orange, grape, cranberry, pomegranate
FOUNTAIN DRINKS tab £0.75
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta, Ginger Ale
DOUGH tab £ 0.75
Refreshing yoghurt drink with mint. Regular or carbonated
MINERAL WATER tab £0.5
Regular or carbonated
MILK tab £1
Plain, strawberry, chocolate, banana
NON-ALCOHOLIC BEER tab £1.5
Ask for our selection
BEER tab £1.5
Ask for our selection
WINE tab £2
Ask for our selection
COFFEE tab £0.5
Turkish coffee
TEA tab £0.5
Traditional Iranian tea with cardamom

Takeout and delivery available

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:29 pm
xxSTAFFxx

xJAMSHID TEYMOURIANx
Owner, executive chef
Quote oyehh for service

xATOUSA JAHANGIRIx
Sous chef
NPC

xMAISIE TEYMOURIANx
Chef, server
Quote oyehh for service

xISLA BAINESx
Server
NPC

xAURVIN DOUGANx
Server
NPC

Bulletin Board
xxNOW HIRINGxx

Looking for the following positions:

Assistant Manager
Chef
Server
Dishwasher

To apply, please fill out the form found here. Quote oyehh and specify the position you are applying for in the form.
You can also role-play your character coming into the restaurant and applying for the job.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:21 pm
I'm mad at Disney, Disney
They tricked me, tricked me
Had me wishing on a shooting star
But now I'm twenty something
I still know nothing
'Bout who I am or what I'm not

User Image
User Image

Hufflepuff Alumnı Grαphıc ArtıstSugαrplums Assocıαte

ஐﻬ ❀♫ ♪ Nasim was a strong independently thinking young woman who could stand up for herself and tell others no with a firm yet gentle manner. This somehow all goes out the ruddy window the exact second her cousin sends her texts at eight in the morning proclaiming that they're going to Scotland to pick up a custom gift for said cousin's boyfriend's birthday that was LAST. WEEK. Apparently, from the caffeinated ramblings as she scrambled to put together an outfit, Lulu had commissioned a solar system model for Lucas from an artist in Scotland for his birthday. However, as it was prone to do, things weren't going to plan with the model and the artist was delayed pushing the final product a week late leaving her in a bind. She'd managed to scramble together a decent enough gift and some other stuff (stuff Nasim really really didn't need to know and damned the fact that her entire family seemed all too comfortable in their sexual habits around her) but now that the model was ready she needed help collecting it since it was too large and fragile to be shipped and she didn't want to meet the person alone on the off chance they were a creep. Honestly, as annoying as the whole situation was and could be, Nasim was at least grateful Lulu had the occasional presence of mind to think of her personal safety. This time at least.

So after getting herself together, she was mostly prepared for their trip by the time Lulu arrived at her home on her second cuppa while brandishing another latte for her before they were both whirled away into the floo. Beyond Hogwarts and Hogsmeade, Nasim wasn't all that familiar with Scotland and less so with Aberdeen. Lulu, of course, had none of these reservations and just opened an app before marching in a general direction while she hastily followed after. After walking for close to twenty minutes, they arrived at storefront that from the window sold refurbished electronics. After a few moments making sure this was in fact the right address, Lulu ended up calling the person who did apparently work at there and had her stuff in the actual store.

Ten minutes later found the two young women struggling to carry a large heavy box out the store with a worried young man trailing after them asking if they indeed had it. Somehow, they managed to wave him off and get to a relatively empty and minimal creepy alley to place the package down for Lulu to shrink it (and place multiple cushioning charms because neither one of them wanted to go thru this again anytime soon). "Whelp. That was underwhelming. Wanna get brunch?" Nasim rolled her eyes somewhat goodnatured but did concede she could eat. They checked their map apps and found there was a nice sit down restaurant just a five minute or so walk away.

Arriving to Khatami, Nasim took in the delicious smells floating around and sighed in delight at that and the warmth of the grill. They found a small table to sit at to wait for a server as well as get comfortable from the Scottish winter. "I don't think this is the type of place that does a traditional brunch." she warned her cousin blandly not at all caring herself. None to her surprise, Lulu just shrugged as he unwrapped her (definitely) stolen scarf and got comfortable. "Meh, not that big a fan of mimosas anyhow. Another coffee on the other hand..." Nasim just fixed her a look. "You're at two already just from what I've witnessed, you're getting water and maybe a hot chocolate if they have any." she told her before looking around server while pointedly ignoring her cousin's childish impersonation of her.

'Cause I felt sad love
I felt bad love
Sometimes happy love (Happy love)
Turns into giving up (Giving up)
I felt hurt love
By the word love

oyehh

User Image  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:59 pm

User Image
                                              User Image

User Image
                                            • Maisie loved working at the Khatami, she really did. Despite ow hectic and stressful it could be, she enjoyed cooking with her baba and the other servers were fun to work with (she made sure of it, she was involved in the hiring process after all). Someone relatively popular mentioned their restaurant online last week which drew in more customers, something that was always appreciated; what was not appreciated however, was the uptick in disrespectful dicks who treated the servers like trash and made scenes to avoid paying the bills. Maisie knew they were lucky since baba did not believe in the customer always being right and gave them carte blanche to kick out any disruptive customers. But it didn't make it any less frustrating to deal with.

One example was the a*****e whose table she just cleaned up. Things were running smoothly until this pig walked in and immediately started leering at the female servers. Normally, Aurvin took care of customers like that given that he took a day off, Maisie had sent Isla, the other server on the floor off to handle another table while she dealt with him. He wasn't the worst customer she'd had but the unabashed staring at her chest the entire time she was speaking was tiresome and her pointed throat clearing and polite admonishments had no effect. "Finally," she sighed back at the service station as she deposited the dirty dishes. "Ye'd have thought ah've got another pair a' eyes there with th' way he was starin' at my chest," she complained to Atousa. Having had enough dealing with people like that before she became their sous chef, she just shook her head in disgust, but Jamshid audibly growled even as he continued stirring the halim on the stove. "Ye should've called me," he insisted, "Ah'd have taken care a' him." Maisie rolled her eyes even as she chuckled. "That's exactly why ah didnae do it, baba!" she called back as she returned to the floor. It was a recurring argument between them and while she appreciated the sentiment, his version of 'taking care of the guy' tend to result in explosive arguments and was best avoided to protect their reputation at least.

A couple of new customers were seated at one of her tables, clearly looking for a server so Maisie dutifully plastered a smile on her place and headed towards them. "Hullo, welcome to th' Khatami Restaurant an' Grill! Ye two ready t' order?" she asked them cheerily before blinking. The two girls were around her age if a little younger and looked familiar, especially the one with the pink jacket. She scoured her memories trying to recall where she met her before it her. It'd been years since she graduated Hogwarts but despite being older, Maisie recognised her, a fellow Hufflepuff only a couple of years below her. "Wait, ye'r Nasim, right?" she asked, her smile broader and more genuine now. "It's been ages since ah saw ye at th' badgers' den, how's it goin'?"

• WHEN Winter 2057 tab tab tab WHERE Khatami restaurant tab tab tab WITH Nasim and Lulu

OOC xxx

Yukina101e

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:27 pm
I'm mad at Disney, Disney
They tricked me, tricked me
Had me wishing on a shooting star
But now I'm twenty something
I still know nothing
'Bout who I am or what I'm not

User Image
User Image

Hufflepuff Alumnı Grαphıc ArtıstSugαrplums Assocıαte

ஐﻬ ❀♫ ♪ Nasim and Lulu were discussing the merits of either sharing a few platters of appetizers or kebabs when a server came over to them. She was about to request a bit more time when her name was called out and she actually took a longer look at the waitress to discover it was her fellow Puff Maisie causing her to brighten considerably. "Yes, hi, it has! Um, it's been going pretty good I think, I graduated-obviously-and I've been working on a webcomic that I'm about ready to start posting soon so that's..good? Oh! This is my cousin, Lulu! She's the reason we're even here at all. In a good way! We just happened to be in the area and we found you by coincidence but a happy one." The more she rambled on the more embarrassed she became and thus the rambling continued spiraling and spiraling much to her mortification. Luckily this is where Lulu makes use of her selective extrovertist tendencies.

"Hullo! You're a friend then? Got any embarrassing stories I need to know? Also, could I have a banana milk please?" Lulu beamed up at the older girl while Nasim scrambled to hastily add an order for some carbonated dough to drink as well.

"Please just uh ignore that first request. Ohmygosh I've been so rude, how have you been? How's...everything?" Nasim wanted to die. No, that's way too dramatic. She wanted to sink into the floor and disappear into nothingness. Much better. It also didn't help that her companion was giving her calculating looks she didn't have any way or shape of answering at the moment.

'Cause I felt sad love
I felt bad love
Sometimes happy love (Happy love)
Turns into giving up (Giving up)
I felt hurt love
By the word love

oyehh

User Image  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:51 pm

User Image
                                              User Image

User Image
                                            • Maisie cheered internally when after a moment, girl's face lit up, clearly recognising her. She knew it had to be Nasim, she was right! It was an unexpected but a welcome surprise; she hardly got the chance to see friends from Hogwarts so seeing a familiar face here? At her restaurant? She was downright giddy.

Nasim seemed just as happy as she talked about how things were going for her and Maisie nodded as she listened, rolling back and forth on her heels. The other girl had a tendency to ramble since Hogwarts, but it never bothered Maisie—she thought it endearing and interesting to listen to—and she still had the habit. "Tha's great t' hear," she said when Nasim mentioned her webcomic. "Ah ken it'll be a smash! What's it about?" She made a note to look it up later when it came out, she didn't doubt it would be good and she was always on the lookout to read something new.

Nasim also introduced the girl with her as her cousin and Maisie smiled at her in greeting. "Nice t' meet ye," she said brightly. The cousin, Lulu, smiled back in response before proceeding to ask about embarrassing stories and such. Maisie took it in stride as she jotted down the girl's order quickly; she had it on good authority that siblings and cousins were legally obligated to ask questions and gather blackmail and while she didn't share that experience given that it was always just Jamshid and her, she didn't doubt it. "Gotta thank ye then, ah'm glad to see a familiar face. Can't say ah've got embarrassing stories about Nasim 'ere though," she continued with a wink. "Always been chatty an' fun t' hang with so ah'm mighty pleased t' see ye here," she admitted sincerely. The teasing can come later

Nasim, clearly embarrassed, scrambled to cut off her cousin with her own order before asking Maisie about herself. "Nah, ye haven't been rude, ah asked" she reassured the younger girl. "Ah've been great! Workin' at my da's restaurant here," she gestured with her notepad around, "So ah've been busy. But ah love it, even work 'ere as chef sometimes so ye best come visit again t' try my cooking," she grinned, only partially joking. She mentioned the restaurant occasionally at Hogwarts, usually singing praises of her baba's cooking so getting to actually serve her food to friends from Hogwarts would be a treat. "Speakin' of, ah'll go grab yer drinks while ye guys decide what t' get. Ye can't go wrong!"

Maisie quickly went back to the kitchen to grab the milk and doogh along with a tray of glasses. Her noticeably more cheerful attitude earned her raised eyebrows from her baba but he was too busy plating to directly ask her so it wasn't long before she was back at Nasim and Lulu's table, depositing the drinks and glasses carefully. "Here ye guys go, have ye decided on what t' eat?"

• WHEN Winter 2057 tab tab tab WHERE Khatami restaurant tab tab tab WITH Nasim and Lulu

OOC xxx

Yukina101

Shopping in the UK

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces