Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Astronomy Tower Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:55 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Astronomy classroom is located on the top-most level of the Astronomy Tower. Accessed via a steep spiral stairway, the classroom is surrounded by crenelated ramparts and iron security railings around the edge of the Tower, where students gaze the skies with their telescopes. Astronomical models and telescopes are propped against the ramparts when the classroom is not in use. There is also a blackboard where the professor will always write with a chalkboard charmed to glow in the dark and there are floating warm-lit lanterns for students to see their writing in the dark. A door leads into a turret and the steep spiral stairway inside leads below.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:13 pm

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

fifth year || Gryffindor prefect || pureblood
Drama club director|| Music club || Quidditch announcer
Astronomy (fall) || Namaste Club (spring)

"Now it's cold without you here
It's like winter lasts all year
But your star's still in the sky
So I won't say goodbye
I don't have to say...
goodbye..."

Sparrow's voice was soft in the evening night, more a whisper than a song.

For the first few weeks of school that year, everything about Hogwarts reminded Sparrow of Aria Siddall. Nearly 9 months after the death, Sparrow still missed Aria, but the pain was dull, like the knife lodged in her chest had turned to stone and was just part of the statue.

After winter break, Sparrow had stopped going to Astronomy Club. She had enjoyed it, but she was now spending the Friday evenings working on her own play and preparing for Drama Club on Saturday more-- reviewing scripts, coming up with exercises, stuff she figured a good director ought to. This all meant though, that Sparrow hadn’t seen the Astronomy Tower so empty since last year. The air was cool, not too cold, but still chilly. This was fine. She just...wanted to be alone right now to cry. She didn’t feel Aria now, which somehow hurt more than being reminded of her everywhere. She just felt cold, like she had walked through a ghost. Or maybe it was just the cold night wind. She looked around, oddly expressionless and washed with nostalgia that made her feel much older than sixteen.

Sparrow leaned out over the ramparts of the Astronomy Tower, peering into the darkness below. She kept her eyes on the pitch darkness and the ground far beneath them. “Yukon,” she murmured. ”Tell me again how warm the ground is, where the potatoes grow and the wind finds loose pockets of dirt and makes a quiet symphony?”

setting Astronomy Tower (rooftop) || with Yukon Knolle
appearance 5'6", soft || hair color White with gray-purple ombre || wearing Asymmetrical black shirt + long-sleeved dark gray undershirt + black jeans
status Cold

Stefan Lee Salvatore

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you....

♡♥
~"For Good" from Wicked, sung by Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel. Harp cover by Chanah Ambuter.

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:03 pm
User Image
User ImageYukon Knolle User Image
Hufflepuff Seventh Year
Prefect ✾ Chaser ✾ Quidditch Captain ✾ Daily Dragon Editor ✾ Drama Enthusiast

▬▬"From the moment we met, I knew it was you."▬▬

Yukon had gotten a passing grade on his potions exam, he would have to tell Aria, she would be so excited for him - no he couldn't. She was gone. She was still gone. It had been 9 long months, and his fiance was still...gone. He had stopped drinking... that was a lie. He had gone from being a hard drunk all the time, until Wren ahd given him a talk. But during the winter holidays, he flel off the wagon again. January hadn't been bad, but Febrary... valentines day... Aria's birthday.. it was rough. Finally, by mid march he snapped, a good snap. He realized he had to shape up. He had gone to Nim and had gotten him to help Yukon catch up. THat was how he re-established his friendship with his almost brother-in-law.

But now, the school year was ending soonish and he still couldn't quite stay above the water. HE passed classes, helped Eion with the paper (barely), and in general just tried to not drown. He had went up to the Astronomy tower to meet with Sparrow, the two had grown close over their grief, and Yukon knew he was going to share his last bit of Knolle Vodka with his friend on this particular night.

After a moment of silence, Sparrow asked Yukon how the ground was. He took a swig of his potato water, and passed it to Sparrow, "The ground is between 8 and 14 Celsius. If you were burried in it, it wouldn't feel warm, it would be cold. Cold and well..dirty. But the potatoes are happy there, the cool earth giving them a hug all the time, it's perfect for a potato. They're happy little potatoes when they're burried. And then human kind comes along and rips them out from their happy place. The wind barely pulls the dirt, the potatoes don't mind this, it's just a new piece of dirt giving them a little bit more of a hug... but a human... no humans ruin it all."

He sighed and wrapped his arm around Sparrow's shoulder, "When does the actor become the real thing? When will it be 'Yukon is just playing the part of a happy normal person' and I actually become that happy person?"

▬▬"Aria Siddall, you may have held my hand a short time, but you will hold my heart forever."▬▬

Where & Who: Sparrow at astronomy tower
Thinking about: What is life
Wearing: Black jeans, loose potato tshirt

addaellis

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:18 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

fifth year || Gryffindor prefect || pureblood
Drama club director|| Music club || Quidditch announcer
Astronomy (fall) || Namaste Club (spring)

Sparrow took the offered Knolle vodka and sipped as Yukon told her about the potatoes. There was something comfortable and normal about Yukon talking about potatoes. She spent a lot of time with the Knolle brothers lately--Yukon when she needed to mourn, and Kenny when she needed comfort--and had learned a lot about potatoes. But it was still better to hear about them from Yukon. Aria’s Yukon. Her future sister Aria. Her almost-future sister Aria.

”No, humans ruin it all.”

She stared down at the dark soil imagining happy little potatoes buried in the dirt. Happy little potatoes laying at rest, yanked out by horrible humans…

Sparrow tore her gaze away and looked to the sky. The stars blurred before coming into focus. Maybe Wren had been right all along: Humans were bad. Humans ruined everything Like that evil lady who killed Aria and Mr. Siddall. Gotten them killed. Sparrow had tried to understand Sera Meredith Carver’s intentions, tried to get into her mindset like she might get into character. Tried to understand. All villains, Sparrow had learned from her life in theatre, were good in their own eyes, or doing something necessary. She just had to understand it. But Sera...Sera had killed Sparrow’s sister Aria. Killed her before they were officially sisters-in-law. Sera could not be forgiven. ”Humans... humans ruin it all. Bad humans.” Sparrow took another silent sip of potato water before passing the bottle back to Yukon with a quite mutter: ”Maybe we are potatoes. And bad people are rot. ”

Yukon sighed and wrapped her in a hug that Sparrow clung to gratefully. She snuggled against his shoulder and shut her eyes before opening them when Yukon asked her when the act became real. She opened her mouth to answer, then stopped and considered before speaking quietly:

”A few years ago I would have told you the actor becomes the real thing when you’ve practiced enough and the performance is perfect. When you can switch into the role seamlessly and react as your character on instinct.” She took a deep, unsteady breath/ She had learned last year there was no need to act her own character. But she understood what Yukon meant. It wasn’t just that the world could use happy normal Yukon and happy normal Sparrow. It was that they wanted to be happy normal again themselves. Changing, growing as people, changing back--that was noble.

Sparrow reached for another swig of the courage water. ”But I don’t know, Yukon. Maybe it’s just practice. Or maybe the role is always separate from what we feel and we’re just...waiting for the performance to end.”

setting Astronomy Tower (rooftop) || with Yukon Knolle
appearance 5'6", soft || hair color White with gray-purple ombre || wearing Asymmetrical black shirt + long-sleeved dark gray undershirt + black jeans
status Cold

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you....

♡♥
~"For Good" from Wicked, sung by Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel. Harp cover by Chanah Ambuter.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Astronomy Tower
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My Thoughts, for now
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Friend Date Thing
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? At least the night whispers no ill intent

Callie was excited. Over the past few days she'd sneaked some extra blankets and pillows to the safety of the Astronomy Tower. She and Jessica had planned a sort of study-date/chat session thing, and what better night than one expected to have beautifully clear skies. On the way, Callie stopped by the kitchens to grab a thermos of hot cocoa, which she brought in part to combat the chill of the winter night. She'd placed an order with Mister Theo's bakery in Hogsmeade last weekend, and had received the small shipment that afternoon. It would be perfect for the evening.

Once in the tower, Callie adjusted her outfit, making sure the scars on her neck were carefully covered. It had become a bit more than a habit, especially when she was going to be doing one-on-one conversation. It was easier to escape detection in a crowd, but she wasn't ready to answer the painful questions that came with people who spotted the silvery marks. It made it more difficult if people knew her mom and dad, which, unfortunately, a solid four-sevenths of the school knew at least her mom. Sure, it wasn't common knowledge, but Callie knew it wasn't too far of a leap. She sighed softly, watching her breath curl skyward, then grabbed her Hufflepuff scarf and wrap it carefully around her throat in a way that she hoped conveyed casual. From there, she set out cushions and blankets, then walked toward the edge, looking up toward the stars as she awaited her relatively new friend.

{{OoC: Callie's "casual" attire}}
          Kiska166

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:01 am
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                                Jessica Quimby-Winthrop
                                                Fifth Year - Fifteen Years Old - Slytherin - Pureblood - Adopted
                                                Co-Director of the Drama Club and Member of the Culinary Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Jessica climbed up the spiral staircase, stepping carefully to avoid dropping any of the cookies she had been carrying on a platter. Earlier that afternoon, she had baked a batch in the culinary room for herself and Callie to enjoy tonight. A handful were already missing, but it wasn’t like her friend knew how many Jess had made initially, so it was safe to assume she wouldn’t notice or mind that the Slytherin snacked on them throughout the day. Her backpack was stuffed with her blanket and a couple of pillows. After all, it was a cold winter night. If only they were allowed to use magic outside of class to keep themselves warm, but alas, doing so was against the rules, so Jess obeyed. Thank God for warm, fuzzy blankets.

“Oh, you’re wearing a dress,” Jess commented as she stepped into Calliope’s view – or at least she would have been in view if the blonde wasn’t standing at the edge of the tower, looking up at the stars. Jessica was a tad surprised that the Hufflepuff wore a dress, but maybe she shouldn’t have been. It was Callie after all. “Um, I brought cookies,” she declared as she walked over to the blanket fort that Calliope had set up and placed the platter on the cold stone ground in front of the fort before taking her backpack off and pulling out the additional layers. “Mmm, hot cocoa,” she said as she held the thermos up to her chest, trying to steal its warmth.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

The world comes to life and everything's bright
                                                From beginning to end when you have a friend

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:19 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Jessica
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? At least the night whispers no ill intent

Callie was still lost in her thoughts until she heard someone enter the room. Taking a final look at Cassiopeia, which was just beautiful tonight, Callie broke gaze and went to spin. As she moved, Jess spoke up, mentioning Callie's choice to wear a dress. For once, the usually confident girl looked at her outfit, which was indeed a dress, paired with frilled socks and cute flats... Was this not the right choice for their meeting? Jess had requested casual wear... "Yes, I often do. In fact... I really don't wear much besides. Sorry if I didn't meet expectations..."

The blonde walked over, her usual floating steps guiding her until she sat inside the small blanket fort that she'd earlier constructed. Jess set out cookies, so Callie set out the little snack box from the bakery. Inside were cake pops in chocolate, strawberry, and french vanilla, some chocolate tuilles, and a few peanut butter bars. "Your cookies look delicious. I must admit I'm not skilled with baking enough to make something tasty, so I ordered in from Hogsmeade. Hopefully they're still tasty." She offered a grin, grabbing one of the cookies to munch on. "The sky is beautiful tonight. I was admiring Cassiopeia when you showed up, but you can also see Canis Major with clarity. This is one of my favorite places, I think." She hummed softly, letting her dark eyes wander back to the twinkling of the stars.

Kiska166

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:33 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica suddenly felt a little bad. It seemed she might have unintentionally made Calliope feel like she had disappointed her. “No, no. A dress is fine!” she assured her. After all, it was a casual dress, and Jess didn’t specify how casual her outfit was going to be. Maybe she was the one who should have worn an outfit that was better. It wasn’t like she looked like trash, but when compared to her friend’s outfit, she could have looked more put together. Oh well, it wasn’t like anyone who really see them, and even if they did, so what? Jess didn’t have anyone to impress (even if she was attracted to Rian. Not like he paid her any attention, however). Callie, on the other hand, had a boyfriend and had to look good in case she bumped into him.

Brown eyes peered over contents of the snack box that Callie had set out. “Thank you,” she responded to the compliment regarding her cookies. “And ordering is just as fine. They look delicious!” Jessica reached into the box and pulled out one of the cake pops, only being able to tell it was French Vanilla flavoured after taking a bite. “Mm, these are tasty,” she said after swallowing the piece in her mouth. Looking up at the sky, Jessica nodded in agreement that it was beautiful. However, she squinted up at the stars, unsure of where the heck Cassiopeia and Canis Major were. Either way, the sky was beautiful. “It sure is a nice place,” Jessica agreed, but if she were truly honest, she preferred hanging out in the kitchen with the House Elves.

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I love the stories

Callie nodded slightly when Jess said it was fine that she was in a dress. "I was debating on wearing a skirt with a sweater, but... I don't know, I like this dress a fair bit." She straightened the skirt a bit, then adjusted the scarf looped around her neck. As she moved to sit in the small fort, the blonde draped one of the blankets into her lap. As they shared snacks, Callie felt a little bit better at Jess' mention that the order was a good plan. Apparently Theo worked his magic yet again. "We'll have to send thanks to Theo, the owner of the bakery in Hogsmeade. I can write him up a letter." She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, sending a small smile over to Jess.

After speaking about the stars, Callie noticed that Jess seemed... a bit unsure. She did say it was a nice place, and Callie couldn't help but agree. Using a flick of her wand, a copy of one of the Astronomy textbooks from the room. She flipped to the page, showing the picture of Cassiopeia, then pointing where the constellation sat in the sky. "Queen Cassiopeia of Aethiopia. She was married to King Cepheus, and she had a daughter, Andromeda. She was cursed by Poseidon for saying her daughter was more beautiful than Poseidon's daughter, Nereids. He placed the family in the sky, where they shine down today." She sighed, loving the stories behind the constellations. She looked over at Jess, offering a grin as she flipped to another page in the book. "And Canis Major. One of the dog constellations. Major and Minor are the dogs of Orion, the hunter." She sighed softly, ever glad to show off the sights from her favorite spot in the castle.

Kiska166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:30 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica nodded in agreement. “It’s a very nice dress,” she reassured her friend. Even in the night sky’s lighting, Jessica could tell it was dark in colour, and a sweater was sported underneath. Callie’s dress style was pretty similar to Jessica’s, at least in the winter. The rest of the year, Jess didn’t particularly dress to the seasonal colours, but the blonde more or less did. They sat for a moment, enjoying the snacks when Calliope had offered to send the owner of the bakery, who was responsible for their delicious pastries that night, a ‘thank you’ letter. “I think he’ll be happy to receive that from us,” Jess commented, smiling back.

Jessica glanced at the textbook that had flipped open and watched as Callie searched for the appropriate page. When she found what she was looking for, she compared the photos in the book to the sky and listened as the aspiring Astronomer tell Cassiopeia’s story. Jessica didn’t know how much of it she believed, but then again, if magic was real, who was she to say Queen Cassiopeia of Aethiopia and Orion the Hunter’s dogs Major and Minor weren’t? She couldn’t be sure, but it was fun to imagine, and the blonde really seemed to believe it. Or if she didn’t, she must have really loved the stories. “Thank you for pointing them out,” Jessica murmured, eyes glancing over the two constellations. “I see them now.”

After taking a second and final bite of the French Vanilla flavoured pop cake, Jess leaned back to prop herself up on her elbows. The view of the starts was much better while half lying down than it was sitting. “So, how are things with you and Eden? she asked curiously. The couple seemed to be happy from what Jessica observed in passing or when they hung out, but that was in public spaces. Things could have been different when they were alone. “Have you said ‘I love you’ to each other?” She didn’t mean to pry or put Callie on the spot – she just wanted to know what it felt like to say those words to a partner and for them to say it back. She didn’t know if anyone would ever be interested in her long enough to get to that point. No one had even been interested in her enough to ask her out on one date.

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:53 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I do rather enjoy him...

Callie grinned faintly over at Jessica, glad she liked Callie's choice of outfit, even if it wasn't exactly what she'd had in mind. Luckily, the topic shifted to the tasty baked goods, and her writing a thank you note to Theo for making such a nice box of treats. "I hope so. He's a very kind gentleman. I rather enjoy talking with him over the summer breaks." She grinned deeper, grabbing one of the cake pops to bite into. Mmm it was chocolate. How lovely~

While nibbling on her treat, Callie explained the backstories to the constellations. Hopefully she wasn't boring Jess, who admittedly hadn't come up here to study. Maybe it was best suited for another time... Callie quite loved the stars, the stories, and everything to do, but it was to be noted that not everyone was on the same wavelength. It made humankind so fascinating, that each person was so perfectly unique, even those that shared matching genetics. Heck, Chadwick and Cenek were picture proof of that. After explaining the constellations, Jess thanked her for pointing them out, saying she was able to see them now. Of course, her voice was a murmur, so perhaps she was just humoring Callie.... which made sense as well, she supposed.

Callie shifted when Jess moved to lie down on her belly, propped up on her elbows. The blonde didn't follow suit, but did allow herself to sit in a more relaxed pose. Callie's thoughts were scattered about, but the Slytherin's words drew full focus. Callie looked over, head tilted a bit. Jess added a second question, earning a small hum from the Hufflepuff. "No, we've not said the words... but I believe the connection is there. At least, it is on my side. I'm quite fond of Eden. He's always been very kind to me, and I feel that he's got a soft spot, even if he doesn't show it." She sighed softly, a small smile on her lips. "He's very caring, too. Not just with me, but in general. Though... I think perhaps I exasperate him. On the opening to dueling club this year, I wore... what I thought was a quite modest dress... he was worried I might get ruffled up. It's very sweet, I think." She could have gone further, to mention his worry about his sister, dear Mattie, or to mention his issues with his family, but at the same time, that wasn't her story to tell. For now, she'd keep it lighthearted.

"How about you, have any souls sparked your affection?"

Kiska166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:13 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica reached into the box, grabbing another pop cake which turned out to be chocolate flavoured. However, it was equally as delicious as the previous one. She munched on the pastry as Callie admitted that she and Eden hadn’t said they love each other but explained that she thought the connection was there regardless. “Yeah, he’s a good guy for sure,” Jessica agreed, glad to hear how Callie had felt about him. The blonde continued, saying that Eden was very caring and worried about her. “That is very sweet. It must be nice, having someone care about you like that,” she commented wistfully. Maybe one day she’ll get to experience the same thing. The Slytherin looked back at Callie as she had asked if Jess had liked anyone – or at least, that was what she thought she had asked. “Umm, no,” she responded truthfully, looking back up at the stars as she took another bite. Once swallowed, she continued, “Well, I think there are a few guys who are cute, but no one whose soul sparked my affection.” Besides, it wouldn’t matter if she did really like anyone since it wasn’t like her soul would have sparked their affection.

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:33 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She deserves the best

Callie nodded when Jess agreed that Eden was a good guy. Honestly, Callie wasn't sure how she'd gotten so lucky. All her friends, her boyfriend, and even her family, were met on a whim. Perhaps the fates really were looking out for her. For now, she'd keep walking the path laid out before her. Honestly, it was so nice just to go with the flow, even when it seemed like a bad plan. Somehow, things always worked themselves out. "It's very nice indeed. It seems like I always find myself around those there to protect me. It may be that I... I don't know, seem to spend life on the innocent side, perhaps the fates just want to make sure I'm safe... either way, it's quite lovely."

After asking about Jess' prospective soul-partners, she responded in the negative, then mentioned she found a few guys cute, though they hadn't sparked soulful affection. "Well, in good news, you've got plenty of time. Perhaps there is someone outside the walls of this castle just waiting to meet you. Perhaps there's someone within the school who just hasn't realized how radiant your aura shines." She grinned, humming softly. "Either way, I can't wait to see where the fates lead you." Another grin, this one more directed toward the brunette.

Kiska166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:59 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

When Callie mentioned that she seemed to surround herself with protectors, the Slytherin reflected on her own life – she didn’t really know if she felt the same, but maybe she didn’t need protecting. Instead, she just needed someone to be there for her, someone to listen. Although not everyone in her life was someone she could depend on, she definitely had a lot of people that she could. She had loving, caring parents looking out for her wellbeing, siblings that she could talk to about various issues, and now, she even had friends she could depend on. She knew that if she was upset, she could seek out Vivian or even Sparrow, who had seemed to really struggle with her own personal issues. Now, she also had Calliope, who she was sure would try her best to make the Jess feel better... about anything. “I hope if you ever need protection that I’ll be there to help, too,” she said, smiling up at the blonde. Maybe next time someone decided to bring harm to the blonde or anyone she cared about, Jessica could be there to teach them a lesson.

Jessica bit her bottom lip lightly when Callie said she had plenty of time. Sometimes it didn’t feel that way, but she had to remind herself that she was only sixteen years old (minus one week). She had made annual plans with the House Elves in the kitchen to bake a cake during her first year at Hogwarts, and she typically enjoyed it with Vivian only. That gave her an idea, but she quickly got distracted as a deep blush appeared on her cheeks upon hearing that her aura shined radiantly. Thankfully it was too dark for the Hufflepuff to have noticed. “Wow, thank you. I think that’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.” She paused, listening to Callie’s soft hum before asking, “What are you doing next Sunday? Do you want to join Viv and I for some birthday cake?”

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:26 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She deserves the best

Callie had regaled her thoughts on her finding those that seemed to keep her safe. It was true, though. Ever since she was little, she was protected. From her Father, to Luke and Steffi (and many other adults helping out at Wool's), to her new parents... not to mention the several friends she'd made. Jess spoke up, saying she'd like to be there, should Callie find herself in need of help again. "I would like that too. It would be just lovely to see my friends in a position to help. Not only me, of course. And if ever you find yourself in need of a friend, well, I hope you'll remember me in times of trouble. Because... I think friendship should span the years, the ebbs and flows of time itself... and as long as I'm still walking this life, I'd like to be a friend to you." She sighed softly, turning her gaze back to the twinkling of the night sky.

After mentioning her thoughts on finding a soulmate and Jess' beautiful spirit, the brunette said thanks, motioning that it was the nicest thing someone's ever said. A second later, she asked for plans the next week. Callie looked over, offering a smile. "Well, originally I was just going to spend the day reading, or perhaps studying, but I think I'd much rather enjoy the day with a friend. And... possibly a new friend as well. Is it your birthday next? Turning sixteen was quite a delight. I hope it'll be just as lovely for you." She nodded a bit, thinking on what sort of gift to get for her friend. Perhaps she'd send a letter out to see if one of the many family members could pick up a gift.... once she figured out what the perfect gift might be...

Kiska166

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff