Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Astronomy Tower Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:57 pm
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                                Jessica Quimby-Winthrop
                                                Fifth Year - Fifteen Years Old - Slytherin - Pureblood - Adopted
                                                Co-Director of the Drama Club and Member of the Culinary Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Jessica couldn’t help but smile when Calliope had said she hoped that Jess would think of her when she was in trouble. She listened as the blonde described what friendship was to her, and it sounded lovely. Aside from not feeling so alone, she didn’t know how to describe what it meant to her. “I’d like to be a friend to you, too,” she admitted, looking over at the blonde. Although they weren’t close yet, Jess could feel the longing to get to know her, fully, and things felt right. She didn’t feel like she was forcing a friendship with someone and for the first time in a long time, she felt like she might actually be comfortable enough to open her heart up to Callie and be vulnerable. As a kid, Jessica stopped allowing herself to do that with other kids, mainly because the kids at the orphanage always got adopted and left her. But she didn’t think Callie was going anywhere, at least not anytime soon. After all, they still had two and a half years at Hogwarts. Then as adults, they could do whatever they wanted and stay in touch with whoever they wanted.

“Really? Oh, I’d love that!” she exclaimed when Calliope had agreed to spend next Sunday eating birthday cake. “Viv’s gonna love that, too! You know Viv – the Slytherin Prefect in our year.” She was so happy and excited. Her two real friends at Hogwarts were going to hang out with her for her birthday. “Yeah, it’s my birthday on January 25th. How was your birthday – what did you do this year?” she asked, curiously. Jessica hadn’t remembered ever hearing about Callie’s birthday – ever. Either her memory was shite or Callie was a summer or winter holiday baby.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

The world comes to life and everything's bright
                                                From beginning to end when you have a friend

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Astronomy Tower
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Jessica
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Friend Date Thing
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She deserves the best

Dark eyes looked skyward for a moment, watching as a steamy wisp of breath curled up and obstructed her view. As she explained her view on friendship, Jess offered to become a friend as well. This earned a grin from the blonde. "That sounds just lovely. And so our journey through the curls of time begin. Here, we start our path to find where fate finds us. I hope it finds us well." She hummed softly, turning her attention back to the brunette beside her. It was quite nice to think their friendship was finding such a lovely start, as many of hers seemed to do.

After agreeing to attend Jess' birthday party, the Slytherin seemed quite excited. "Vivyan Frank, yes. She's quite lovely as well. I think it would make for a lovely triad." She nodded, her hair bobbing along as she did so. When asked what she had done for her birthday celebration, Callie grinned fondly. "We stayed home, but lots of family members came along. Of course, it was only a few days before we'd see them all again for Christmas, but it was lovely nonetheless. It's strange to think that only a few years ago I was adrift at sea, no family to really call my own. Now it seems I have a surplus. Just when I thought I'd met them all.... more show up. It's almost magical, in a sense? Like finding new stars in a faraway galaxy, swirling all its own."

{{OoC: Callie's "casual" attire}}
          Kiska166

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:22 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica chuckled lightly, mostly out of joy but a little from entertainment as Callie pinpointed the moment their friendship journey began. “So do I,” she said, referring to Callie saying that she hoped their path would find them well, as she sat back up and reached for another treat – a peanut butter bar this time. Mmm, delicious. If it wasn’t for the abundance of snacks, Jessica thought that she may have reached out for Calliope’s hand instead. Friends held friends’ hands, right? Perhaps if the blonde found it strange, she could use the cold as an excuse.

“Yes, she is very lovely,” Jessica agreed, referring to Vivyan Frank. The first friend she had made at Hogwarts. It was crazy to think that they had met over four years ago. “I think you’ll like her,” she stated before taking another bite of the peanut butter bar. Jessica listened as Callie described what her birthday, which was around Christmastime, was like. “That sounds nice, but I know exactly what you mean. My family is pretty big, too. There are probably close to twenty people, if not more, when my entire family gets together. It’s kind of cool, I guess. I mean, before I was adopted, I wasn’t used to it. But my brother was also adopted, so he helped me get used to everything,” she explained. Her brother – she had one brother but all of her other siblings, except Philip, had a second brother. Unfortunately, he had been killed years ago, way before Jess had ever been adopted. Apparently, that was the reason her parents had even decided to adopt a kid in the first place. If it wasn’t for that, maybe she would have still been an orphan. It already took so long for one family to choose her.

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Jessica
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Friend Date Thing
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She deserves the best

Callie was glad that Jess agreed with her sentiment on the beginning of their friendship journey. The brunette grabbed one of the peanut butter bars, so Callie did the same, investigating the rectangle before taking a small nibble. Ooh, they were very nice, indeed! After mentioning Vivyan, Jess agreed that the other Prefect was quite lovely. She even said she thought Callie would like her, which was nice. "I hope so. If she's your friend, I'm sure I'll like her. I like you, after all." At that, she sent a grin over to the brunette, eyes twinkling happily.

When she described her birthday, Penny spoke about her large family as well, mentioning that there were close to twenty that showed up for get togethers. Callie nodded, sighing softly. "It started off nice. Just mom and dad, and a brother and sister.... and now every time I go home there are more and more people. I've been part of the family for two-and-a-half years, and it seems I've only met a third of everyone. Add in numerous cousins, family friends that are practically family, and everyone else... it adds up so fast. I didn't realize families could be so big until I got adopted by a giant family. Though... now that I'm part of it, I don't think I could ever have it another way. I quite love the lot of them." She sighed happily, her breath curling up into the night sky. It was nice that Penny was also adopted, so she was someone that could relate. "Were you adopted with your brother? As... born of the same family, or was he just also adopted? I don't think it matters much either way, but it's nice to learn about those that matter most to us."

{{OoC: Callie's "casual" attire}}
          Kiska166

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:18 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica really hoped that Vivyan and Callie would be friends, but she didn’t want them to be better friends with each other than they were with her. She supposed she didn’t need to worry about that since they hadn’t become friends yet, and if they were really that drawn to each other, she thought that it would have happened already. Two girls have had ample time to hang out considering they were both Prefects and have undoubtedly been in many meetings together. Then again, it wasn’t like Callie and Jess were instantly friends. Was she worrying for no reason or would they replace her with each other? In an attempt to distract her mind from her thoughts, she shoved the remaining piece of the peanut butter bar into her mouth and reached for a second one as she chewed.

Jessica continued to listen to Callie talk about her large family. Were all orphans adopted into big families? If they represented a decent amount of the other adoptions, then it sure seemed like it. The Slytherin supposed she was lucky to have met most, if not all, of her giant family. She disliked meeting new people because the more people she knew, the bigger the chance of someone saying goodbye – or worse, leaving or disappearing without one. Jess stayed pretty quiet until Calliope had asked about her brother.

“He was born into a different family and was adopted by my parents, I think before I was even born. He’s about nine years older than me,” she explained. “I think he was almost a Hogwarts graduate by the time I met him.” Jessica thought back to when she was seven years old and had met her youngest sibling for the first time. He seemed so old back then, but now she was about the same age he was at that point. Briefly, she wondered if her parents would be adopting another kid anytime soon, but they were probably too old now considering they were in their sixties. “And I have three older sisters, but they’re quite a bit older. In fact, one of them is Penelope Barrett’s mother.” Jess did her best not to roll her eyes when she mentioned Penny as she knew Callie was a part of her yoga club.

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:30 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

seventh year || Gryffindor prefect || pureblood
Drama club director|| Music club || Order of the Stick || Quidditch announcer

After winter, spring came as surely as ever. Instead of snow, there was sun and showers,. Quidditch season was back. Drama club rehearsals were ramping up. NEWTs were just around the corner.

Life moved on.

Aunt Verine had taken the first week off in January and then returned to classes, more dedicated than ever. She was on top of her grading for…well, the first time since she’d started teaching. Sonora was back out in the field. August and Rhea were four months pregnant. Wren and Robin were rebuilding the estate and had recently started working with Aspen on aprogram for young children.

Life moved on.

Sparrow headed outside, squinting against the fading light. Without hesitation, she swung herself up onto the ramparts of the Astronomy Tower. The last time she sat here had been some time after Aria’s death. Yukon had been with her, and they had finished the last of his Knolle Vodka. That night, in drunken stupor, they had started writing Vodka and Violence. The musical had a complete draft now. Songs, with lyrics, musical parts, costume sketches, set specifications. Sparrow stared out idly, taking in the silhouette of Hogsmeade beyond the lake. Cenek was on a proper date with Penny. They were a good match. She’d finally found someone who would treat Cenek right.

Life moved on.

Good.

Sparrow took a deep breath and turned her gaze downwards. “The ground is between 8 and 14 Celsius,” Sparrow informed the empty air quietly. “It wouldn't feel warm, but cold, and…dirty.”

She blinked, trying to remember the words, but they were lines from the Musical of Life, the only musical whose lines she could never get quite right. “But the potatoes are happy there. The earth is always hugging them. And the wind tugs along, giving them a hug from a new blanket of dirt. It’s perfect for a potato. They’re happy, being buried there.”

She stared into the middle distance, seeing nothing before her yet somewhere beyond the skyline. “It’s humans. Humans come along and rip them out. Humans ruin it all. ”

Sparrow waited a beat of silence, then sighed, burying her head into her arms. No it wasn’t. “Life goes on.” she mumbled. She was the one who wasn’t moving on. She was the one stuck in the dirt.

setting Astronomy Tower, 28 March 2055 || with Potatoes?
appearance 5'7", soft and squishy || hair color Undyed, with fading white color || wearing black wrap top and old jeans
status Life goes on. Just not me.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I've seen dark before
But not like this
This is cold
This is empty
This is numb
The life I knew is over
The lights are out
Hello, darkness
I'm ready to succumb

♡♥
~"The Next Right Thing" from Frozen II, sung by Kristen Bell..

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Sparrow
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Hopefully talking with a friend
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I just need a moment or two, I hope

Callie was working on a special project for Professor Clarke, since she was hoping students could help do teachings for the class. Not that she minded any additional excise to visit the Astronomy Tower, especially on a night that Eden was busy studying. As she got close, a familiar-ish voice was heard through the door, someone sounding quite.... poetic. Callie cast a silencing charm on the creaky old door, peeking in to see Sparrow standing on the crenels of the tower.

"Life goes on."

Using another silent spell, Callie cast a charm to make sure Sparrow couldn't hurt herself if she jumped. It was a spell she had researched long ago for an entirely different purpose. News had spread far and wide about the fire at her family home, destroying not only the people there, but the walls she knew best. Callie had to imagine it was similar to the feeling when she was pulled away from her father, from her very life.... but so much worse. She knew her father was still out there, somewhere... but Sparrow had to live with the weight of all the guilt of her very survival.

"Did you know.... sparrows are excellent swimmers. They often swim to escape predators and protect their family. I... can't imagine how they would know to do that, but I assume they just.... know." Callie walked over, feet falling silently against the stone. When she was close to Sparrow, the blonde set her hands atop one of the crenels and looked skyward. "Perhaps it's just me, who feels... broken. I feel like I don't belong amongst the people some days. Like... perhaps this world would be better off with me among the stars."

She looked over at Sparrow, a few tears built up against her lashes. "But it's not. The world... she needs each and every one of her children, Sparrow. And yes, sometimes those beautiful children is taken far too soon, but it's we, the survivors, that must carry on in their absence..." A moment of quiet as she took a breath, pondering her own thoughts. "All I ask is one favor, Sparrow. A-A selfish one, perhaps... but please hear me out?"

Callie pulled the clips from her hair, letting the blonde fall in a curtain to cover her face. As she hid, a tear fell and splashed at her feet. "Please give me just a while. Everyone says you're so.... amazing, wonderful, and all those things, but I... I feel like we never really got to talk. If... if you should chose to send yourself among the stars... please let me get to know your soul. I would love to truly meet the person who brightens the world around with every word and every note." She looked over, dark eyes wide in the night. A small frown sat on her lips, but she hoped that Sparrow would agree to talk. Even if she could only get a moment, perhaps she could save the life of such a precious bird.

{{Wearing :: Dress and Heels}}
          addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:22 pm

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

”Did you know sparrows are excellent swimmers?”

Sparrow turned when someone spoke. She hadn’t known someone was here. Of course it would be Calliope. The Astronomy Tower seemed to be Callie’s usual haunt, and Sparrow was only surprised she hadn’t noticed Callie earlier. Perhaps she had been, just…well, Sparrow didn’t notice much these days.

“To escape predators and protect their family.” ….Protect their family. The rest of Callie’s speech seemed to fade a little. Sparrow had failed to protect her family. She had failed to do anything at all really. She kept reliving the hazy moments of the fire, worried she was forgetting. Traumatizing memories were supposed to stay with you forever right? She couldn’t remember. Everything just felt like a dream.

Sparrow glanced up at Callie. The little blonde girl had just said something, and Sparrow couldn’t even remember that. Callie was…crying. Everyone had been crying. Or looking at her with pity in their eyes. Sparrow remembered someone saying she had cried at the funeral. But she didn’t remember much about the funeral except Wren sitting her down to get her hair dyed and buy black clothes. Somehow, his closet had survived, but hers was gone. She remembered a speech. She remembered lots of people and the news. Wizarding news? Muggle news? She couldn’t remember how it all meshed. She couldn’t remember how they ever got wizards and muggles under one roof for a happy ball.

Wait, but Callie hadn’t been there. There was no way she would have, right? Why was she crying now?

“I feel like we never really got to talk. If you should choose to send yourself among the stars, please let me get to know your soul.”

“Of course,” Sparrow responded immediately, not really thinking of it. She wasn’t really sure what Callie meant by sending herself among the stars, but get to know her soul was a reference to talking. Sparrow could talk. She…used to be able to talk anyways.

But even as she thought so, Sparrow realized she didn’t know what to talk about. She had an image in her head of Sparrow Kiya Winchester as a character that was very social, always in different groups and chatting enthusiastically with people. Wren had called her “a popular girl”. Sparrow thought she knew people too. Maybe…she had been wrong about that too. “Have we not hung out before?”

setting Astronomy Tower, 28 March 2055 || with Callie Whitethorne
appearance 5'7", soft and squishy || hair color Undyed, with fading white color || wearing black wrap top and old jeans
status I'm forgetting everything

I've seen dark before
But not like this
This is cold
This is empty
This is numb
The life I knew is over
The lights are out
Hello, darkness
I'm ready to succumb

♡♥

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:10 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Hopefully talking with a friend
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I just need a moment or two, I hope

Callie finished her words, looking over at the brunette. Once she agreed to talk, Callie offered a small smile, reaching up a hand to help Sparrow back to solid ground. Sparrow quietly asked if they'd never hung out before, and Callie pulled in a soft breath. "Not so much alone, no. But... I've always admired you from afar. Such a radiant soul to attract those lovely people we know. It made me a bit... jealous, perhaps? How much you have always been admired, even if the affections are not so much returned." She offered a small grin, then twirled her wand a bit. As she moved, several things transfigured into a veritable nest of soft blankets and pillows.

"Dear Sparrow, wish to meet you, as you would opt be met. I would love to know everything about you, from toes to top, but... I also know that's not practical. So.... wherever it is you would like to begin, I think? Even if it were something... recent." The blonde hummed softly, sitting daintily in the pile of blankets. She accio'd a jar, then filled it with a bubble of Bluebell Flames to light their area. "If it's a listening ear you'd like, I can assure you I'm always willing to speak with you. And... I know I'm not alone on this, but... the world could use a lovely bubble of light once more." She offered a soft grin, hoping to set Sparrow at ease enough that she would feel comfortable talking with her.

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:36 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

Callie was complimenting her. Sparrow took Callie’s hand, not moving from her perch on the ramparts, but glad to hold onto someone. She reached forward, gently wiping the tear from Callie’s cheek. ”Thank you. I quite admire you as well, and how you lead the Astronomy Club. You aren’t afraid to be yourself, and that’s wonderful. It’s sweet. And I’d rather be friends than admirers,” she replied.

A fan! Sparrow was delighted to have a fan of course. It felt a little odd, since she didn’t really feel like anything worth admiring lately. Had she always been so dour? It felt like dragging her body through molasses and mud, trying to remember how she was before and how she might react. Like she remembered the lines but didn’t know the context or character…except she didn’t remember the lines either.

“Something recent?” Sparrow gazed back towards Hogsmeade on the horizon. “You’re friends with Penelope Barrett in my year, right? My friend Cenek and Penny are dating now,” she said absent-mindedly, her voice soft but light. “They’re in Hogsmeade now. I’m sure it’ll go well, they’re already such good friends.

“You know Cenek,”
She remembered abruptly. “You dated his twin brother for a bit. Also did.” She remembered Callie was also a victim of Chadwick’s. But that felt like so very long ago, like something Professor Powell might have talked about in History, like some fact that she would include as context in a script, rather than conversation. She knew Big Sis Aspen said it was poisoning her, holding on to this hatred of Chadwick. Did she actually still hate Chadwick? She didn’t even think of him on a regular basis. There were far more important things. Things she would also rather not think about, but things she had to.

Sparrow shook her head, turning back to Callie, who had summoned and transfigured a nest of soft blankets and pillows while Sparrow had been staring at the sky. She summoned her energy and hugged her knees closer. “Your turn. What’s something recent…how did you put it, a bubble of light?

statusWhat is a lovely bubble of light?

I've seen dark before
But not like this
This is cold
This is empty
This is numb
The life I knew is over
The lights are out
Hello, darkness
I'm ready to succumb

♡♥

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Talking with a friend
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She seems... lost

Callie watched Sparrow with a careful eye, not letting the girl know she was monitoring, but also to make sure not to let her alone. Callie had been there, with those thoughts, standing on the castle edge, ready to let life fly away... but now she was the one with her feet planted firmly on the ground. Her hand gently squeezed Sparrow's, the warmth a great connection between the girls. Sparrow spoke of why she liked the blonde, then said she'd rather be friends. "I rather think we would make a lovely set of friends. We've much in common, though our differences are also pronounced."

It was similar with herself and Eden, or perhaps any of her friends. There were always similarities, but it seemed often that their differences were what made their friendship so unique. Callie mentioned speaking on recent memories, and Sparrow seemed to agree that were a good place to begin. She mentioned Penelope and Cenek going on a date to Hogsmeade, and Callie thought that must be a nice birthday treat. "I do know her, yes. I also know Cenek. Both are very sweet souls. But... I'm not sure how fate will play. I hope it is just lovely, though." Dark eyes looked up at the sky, stars beginning to sparkle as the sun fell below the world's view.

When Sparrow said it was Callie's turn, the blonde was a bit surprised. "My turn, hmm? I suppose that's only fair. I've been working in a study group of late. Though... I also spend extra time with Eden. I suppose it is like a small date, though... dates typically have less frantic studies to them." She offered a small laugh, a quiet, almost breathy noise. "I am going to miss you all come next year. I will still have friends here, but quite a few friends I have made are older than me, and you are no exception." She gently squeezed the brunette's hand once more, hoping to send a surge of comfort.

"You know, ever since last year's.... fiasco with my hair, I've quite been wondering how you do yours. It always looks so.... fancy. I really do like the colors. I thought it might be fun to put color in mine, but I certainly don't want to do it by myself... or by falling dye pots." She looked over, hoping this was a topic that would be a far enough distraction that Sparrow's thoughts could center on something else, while not having to worry about running rampant. Plus, there was always conversation between the hairstylist and patient in old movies... right?

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:02 pm

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

Sparrow looked to the sky again when Callie said she knew Cenek. He was a sweet soul. She didn’t know how he held himself together, or why he was still friends with her. She knew he had no love for Chadwick, and she had been so very much drama back when she was dating Chadwick. And then…Ari’s death. And now her family’s. This was not how the story should go. Cenek’s life should be filled with more happy moments. ”Yes. Hope you are having a lovely birthday Cenek,” she whispered.

She listened distantly as Callie talked about study groups and study dates with Eden. She didn’t know much about Eden Harper beyond…prefect meetings. He was Quidditch captain for Hufflepuff and he’d been in a few of the clubs she’d stopped by. Sparrow always thought he was very serious, like he wasn’t comfortable with the character he was playing. She had heard a rumor that he had been spending an awful lot of time with Jessica, but Sparrow knew Jessica and couldn’t imagine Jess would condone an affair. Sparrow sighed a little, head too tired to continue analyzing. She’d been too tired to do that a lot lately it seemed.

She gave Callie a half hearted squeeze back when the younger girl mentioned missing her older friends. ”You’ll be…” Sparrow was going to say “okay” but everyone had been telling her that lately and if this was okay, okay didn’t feel very…okay. ”It was lonely. But also surprisingly normal. I had a lot of older friends too. And it was…odd at first, because I’d go to the Greenhouses to visit Big Sis Aspen and she wouldn’t be there. But I’d find Willow or Weslyn there instead, and so it was an opportunity to be better friends with them. And then I could just visit her on Hogsmeade weekends. And it was weird not seeing Yukon at Drama, but then I remembered I could send him an owl.”

Sparrow turned to the sky again. She had thoughts percolating in her mind, but she couldn’t quite put words or notes or even a simile to it. Callie’s voice distracted her again, and Sparrow looked back down. She brushed her hair forward–it was longer now, but given she hadn’t dyed or spelled it since the funeral, it was a fairly nice ombre. She gave a small smile, glancing back towards Hogsmeade. ”There’s a lovely hair salon in Hogsmeade who does my more complicated and subtle highlights. You’re looking for Chadwick Archer. He also treats my hair so it doesn’t get damaged from my spelling it with Colorvaria so often. He’s the person to go to.”

She was off into the middle distance again. ”I…haven’t talked to Finley since the Halloween Ball.” Finley…hadn’t changed after dating Chadwick. No. That was wrong. He seemed happier. More confident. Genuinely happier. Those were only good things. She focused on Callie for a moment. She knew they were friends. Maybe…nah, she didn’t know how that conversation might go, and Sparrow didn’t have the energy for it now. She shook her head. ”Were you thinking of a particular look?”

statusWhat is a lovely bubble of color?

I've seen dark before
But not like this
This is cold
This is empty
This is numb
The life I knew is over
The lights are out
Hello, darkness
I'm ready to succumb

♡♥

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

Callie nodded softly when Sparrow whispered a wish of a happy birthday to Cenek, though he wouldn't be able to hear. Perhaps he would feel the warmth of a friend's well wishing. As she spoke on herself and Eden's time spent together, Sparrow seemed to be listening... though perhaps not fully. Then again, Callie didn't blame her. Especially not since she was still on the proverbial... and literal... edge.

After mentioning missing friends next year, Sparrow started to say something, then she revised her words. It would be lonely indeed, without much of her support network being there at any given time. Apparently it was also normal, in that there were many other friends around, even though those older were gone. True enough, given Chadwick managing to push through the year without Finley there. Though, their relationship was strange to Callie. Two people begun as enemies, though they grew into a friendship, and finally a relationship. It even seemed that the older of the two had willingly sacrificed a lot to maintain that relationship....

Sparrow looked back up at the stars, causing Callie to ask about her hair. A distraction. Sparrow mentioned the shop in Hogsmeade. Mister Archer's shop. Callie was quite familiar with the man, trusting him almost exclusively to deal with her beloved hair. He'd been a staple in her life, even back when she was at Wool's.... Actually, she'd met him within her very first day, the kindly man brushing her hair after a night spent at the Ministry as they did tests and searched a bunch of old paperwork. He hadn't pitied her, but in fact spoke to her quite gently. Callie figured she would always hold a soft spot in her heart for the man.

Sparrow seemed to zone out a bit, mentioning not talking to Finley since the Halloween Ball. She seemed.... thoughtful on that topic... Perhaps a moment of regret... It seemed like she wanted to say something, but she shook her head, changing instead to the topic of Callie's hair. "I do suppose I have a few ideas, but... before we diverge topics, it seemed there was something wanting to be spoken. If you need someone to listen, I promise I won't judge. I'll just... listen and try to offer what advice I can, if you wish. If not, well, I'm a very good listener." She offered another small smile, hoping the topic to be broached wasn't one that would tread them in dangerous territory.

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:21 pm

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

Callie seemed…unsurprised by the mention of Chadwick Archer. Perhaps she was already familiar? Sparrow tried diverting the topic to something simple, like hair colors, but Callie, in her own quirky way, picked up there was something else not spoken.

Tense silence hung over the tower as Sparrow hesitated a moment. Did this really need speaking aloud? ”I…well, you’re friends with Finely and Chadwick and Cenek and…well… they all seem happier, right? Finely and Chadiwck seem like both..better people and more happy people after they started dating….” She trailed off. She wasn’t sure what she was saying. Was she really thinking about Finley and Chadwick? There was no use hiding it. People always thought it was the Massacre that was causing her to be like this. She didn't agree, but maybe they were right.

She started again. ”They say that Awstin Tittensor was the one that killed…that caused the…that started the fire. But he was friends with Wren. And…I talked to him. He was cool! I’d talked to him just before…just before everything.”

She was silent, thinking about how Phoebe had picked Awstin’s photo out and said he was the one that carried her out of the fire. Sparrow couldn’t explain why he’d kill her parents but rescue her sister. What was his motive? Why…If this was before– or anyone else maybe–she’d be trying to understand his motive as a villain, trying to get into his character mindset.

But Sparrow was still just Sparrow, as much as she spent her time being other characters. She couldn’t understand Awstin just as she couldn’t be happy for Chadwick.

“I used to have this belief that everyone was the friend of a friend, or the family of a friend. So if could just find the right friend to help, everyone could be happy and what not. I…called it the World Peace Project,” she admitted, but the tired smile didn’t quite meet her eyes. ”After Ari…After Aria was killed, I thought there were people that were Just Evil. And that was okay! Because the rest of us can have World Peace and then crush Just Evil. But now…I don’t know. I don’t know what I believe in anymore.”

She huffed, trying to sound like a laugh. “Sorry, that wasn’t very cheerful or Sparrowful. I’m not myself now.”

statusI am not a lovely bubble of light and color.

I've seen dark before
But not like this
This is cold
This is empty
This is numb
The life I knew is over
The lights are out
Hello, darkness
I'm ready to succumb

♡♥

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

Callie nodded a bit as Sparrow spoke up, seemingly knowing that it wasn't worth fighting. She mentioned Finley and Chadwick seemingly being better, happier people, but her words trailed off. "It is possible. I suppose we have all changed, though. Plus... love makes people... what's the phrase? Crazy? Or... perhaps now that they're both able to be themselves, they're able to truly encapsulate who their souls longed to be. Or perhaps... that is all a childish fiction, and they just make each other happy. I... I like to hope it's the wonderful, fairy tale version, but I know life is not always so kind." She sent a soft smile over toward Sparrow, hoping to calm her a bit. Callie wanted to reassure her that even when she had dated Chadwick, he wasn't... himself. He tried to be wonderful, but it was always under a sort of strain that only came from hiding a part of one's self.

A moment later, Sparrow spoke again, this time mentioning the name of the person suspected in the fire that destroyed Sparrow's home. Awstin Tittensor... the name sounded familiar. Vaguely, Callie remembered a news headline when she was still a child, of a boy that had stabbed his father in self defense. Her father had been rather angry about the outcome. Callie opted to focus on the other part of Sparrow's words. She'd talked to him, Wren's friend, before everything happened. Callie drew a deep breath, squeezing Sparrow's hand as Callie stepped on the ramparts as well. If Sparrow was on edge, Callie would join her in the same space.

"If I remember right, that boy, Awstin... he grew up in an abusive home, a place of chaos, torment... and... probably not much relief. I... can imagine the thoughts that may have led him to become a killer, if not for genuine evil." She paused, taking a breath of the cool night air. "I would wager you right, Sparrow. He probably isn't some... monster. He is much more likely scared, terrified of his fate. But we, humans, don't have much sway on lady fate."

She sighed softly, looking at Sparrow. She mentioned people being the friends of friends, or family of friends, leading to a sort of coalition on world peace. She smiled, but it was only a halfhearted expression, her eyes betraying her true emotion. She spoke of her friend, Aria, who had been another wonderful light. Apparently that meant there were nothing but pure good and pure evil, locked in a battle for the fate of the world. Sparrow said she didn't know what to believe in anymore. A sound, somewhere between an exhale and a forced laugh, then she apologized for not being very 'Sparrowful'.

"You've heard the expression, people aren't all black and white, but shades of grey? I believe in some... modicum of truth there, but it's not quite correct, is it? People aren't just good or evil, or... any shade between. People are full of so, so many colors. You can't be black and white without also being blue, yellow, green... you know? Every emotion, every thought leads to the beautiful hue that is an aura. In your case, you've got the white light of being good, the yellows of joy and optimism, the pink of a beautiful soul... but lately, dark clouds surround your aura. Not that that is bad, of course." She offered a small grin, squeezing Sparrow's hand again. "Don't worry about apologizing for being sad. Every person must have their emotions, their dark thoughts or those of pure light... but they must accept and allow those feelings. I just... ask that you please make me a promise, dear Sparrow." Callie looked over, her last words becoming a bit more serious in tone.

addaellis

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff