Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Plotting
Professor Planning Discussion Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:05 pm
Hello everyone! I just wanted to make this list a little more available for anyone interested in playing a Professor!

As always, the best information will come from the Professor Basics thread. Please note you will have to be an active and established (1 guild year/ 4 months in real time) member of the guild ot play, and all professor characters must be at least 5 years out of wizarding school (~23 years)

Available classes -- These are currently filled by an NPC! We welcome your characters!
CORE

• Herbology 4-7

ELECTIVES

• Apparition
  • Arithmancy
  • Arithmancy
  • Cursebreaking
  • Mind Magic -- Legilimency/ Occlumency
  • Muggle Studies
  • Music
  • Wizard Law

MISCELLANOUS POSITIONS

• Assistant Librarian
  • Caretaker

PLEASE NOTE that this is a discussion thread, so we can better plan around each other’s plans!

Full disclosure I’m doing this to encourage more professor interactions and encourage more player professors XDXD
this list was last updated [05/16/2021] by ~𝔞𝔡𝔡𝔞𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔰.
Please check the Professor basics link for the most updated.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:06 pm
Reserved just in case

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:07 pm
Alright, so I'll start!

I’ve been considering August Li for a future Wizard Law professor? He’s 21 now, so would be of age in about 2 guild years (~January 2022?) He’s at the International Confederation of Wizards now and would continue consulting though.

Other professor stuff I’d love to do:

--I want someone to come in who knows their subject really well but doesn’t know how to teach and to just go through a training period with another professor and take over year by year in a kind of student apprenticeship model. I’m fine playing student or mentor teacher in this scenario, but all of my professors are new to the professoring thing so I’ve no one yet to offer XD Happy to make an oldie to fulfill this though? XD

--I have Sonora Lane, a cursebreaker by trade, and Wren Winchester, wandmaker by trade-- Sonora used to doodle cursebreaking traps and ideas in Adventurer’s Guild, and Wren has a fascination with puzzle boxes and building things and I would totally love to yeet them at a cursebreaking professor for like… helping to design a lesson/ obstacle course for some students!

--Sonora also plays the piano. I’m not seeing her as a music professor, but if you want a guest lecture or whatever, I’m happy to yeet her that way too.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:20 pm
Idea: Aldrick Knapp with Position - Cursebreaking Professor (Starting January 2022)

Thoughts behind what I was thinking:

Basically since Aldrick was created he wanted to be a teacher, he had the experience from growing up with his siblings. He also tutored some kids at Hogwarts (Brook + Aidene I think?) However, with the Rule of waiting five years, he could not teach straight out of Hogwarts, obviously.

He basically accidentally became a curse breaker - and through that is getting experience that he could use to teach with, examples and what not.

So In January 2022 ~ when he’s 23 / 5 years out of Hogwarts I would ideally like him to take over the cursebreaking professor position. By then he has the “I tutored kiddos” side, as well as “Yes I can deal with children” since he has 3 of his own, and has the years of experience to teach from and to keep those in the class entertained with stories. He would likely also bring in other professionals in the field (ie: I see Sonora Lane is in cursebreaking things and wants to be teeter at Professor. Maybe they could collaborate?)

Feel free to comment back smile not opposed to someone else taking the spot for a few years either! I would just really enjoy if he could get into hogwarts during 2022 at some point.

addaellis
Quoting ADDA with mention of her post regarding Sonora

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:40 pm
Oooooh a collaboration! Sona’s experience as I imagined involved scouting out locations, basically getting securing places with minimal damage or touching if the place so they could study the place. And later after kids probably switch to like examining the objects found on such digs. She does love the travel of her work though! One of the main draws. XDXD

She's only a year older than him so I don't think it makes sense for her to take over and then for him to take over immediately afterwards. My primary want here is for her to actually get to throw cursebreaking puzzles at someone/ have a hand in the cursebreaking escape room making.

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Quoting Steffy for Aldrick Knapp and Cursebreaking

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:15 pm
Oooo could they alternate semesters? Something where Aldrick could be like
“Oh thank goodness it’s winter break it’s Sona’s turn to get these kids ready for exams. Good luck this year! It’s a bunch of Hellions!”

Especially beneficial since they’re both parents of young children. Or when their kids are older it gives them a chance to have a teacher in cursebreaking that isn’t their parent.

Of course, even just a little bit of a break may be nice? Maybe like... Aldrick teaches all of the third years to give them a basis of curse breaking, but then Sona could come in and teach one of the lessons for fourth, fifth, sixth, and helps with the practical of the seventh year?

addaellis
Quoting ADDA back for #collab

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:22 pm
OOOOOOO that's a really cool idea? :O

But nah, I'd rather just have her guest lecture occasionally or just have a scene where she helps design an escape room thing with him? Actually I think that's better. XD

But also this is good idea and if we can do that elsewhere that would be so cool? Idk how lessons are going to work exactly yet (sorry working on a rework for this >.>)

Also I just realized that this potentially means Aldrick and August start their professoring at the same time!~

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Quoting STEFFY back XD

Plotting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces