Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Harper Residence Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:46 am
User Image

This is the home thread of The Harper Family, who live in military housing around the British Isles as posted.

This is a single-floor apartment assigned to the use of Captain Charles Harper and Lieutenant Juliet Harper. The apartment is usually near the military base that the adults are stationed at. There is usually a park nearby and a pool within walking distance.

Juliet’s parents live in Cardiff, Wales, next to a large park. Charles’s parents live in a rural part of Shopshire county. Floo locations have been identified nearby both these places, and there is usually a quiet street nearby from where the kids can summon the Knight Bus.

Muggle Address: changes seasonally.
Muggle phones any of their cell phones
Muggle post arrives at the post box.

Floo Address: not connected
Apparation indoors. Please call ahead.
Owls can land on the post box.

Floor layout

User Image

User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image
Living room, Kitchenette, Bathroom

User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image
Master Bedroom, Eden’s room, Mattie’s room

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:47 am
Residents:

CHARLES HARPER, Captain : Home /Base
JULIET HARPER, Lieutenant: Home / Base

EDEN HARPER: Home / Hogwarts / on a date
MATILDA HARPER: Home/ Hogwarts/ out training  

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:59 am
User Image

• WIFI: Dawn Under Heaven, password: plsd1ntf1reT1m1nsecur1ty
  • Languages spoken include English, Welsh.

• Corporal Feathers, Eden’s barn owl, can often be seen perching on the mailbox or on his windowsill. Corporal Feathers accepts gifts of food, with a preference for live mice or voles, but usually will not accept letters from anyone other than Eden or Mattie.
  • Kate, Matilda’s cat, is likely waging war on the local pigeon or squirrel population. Prey beware!
  • As licensed firearm users, Charles and Juliet have a locked storage chest with 2 rifles, a sniper rifle, 4 handguns and ammunition. Around the house are also pieces of accessories, such as a scope or silencer, but Charles and Juliet are very careful that nothing that could possibly be used to assemble into a functioning firearm is left out.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 3rd Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Dueling Club, Fite Club, and Music Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: A white peasant top and denim shorts
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Grade evaluations was something Mattie and she suspected Eden always dreaded. If they got the top score, they got a gruff nod from Sir and maybe a “keep it up” from Ma’am. If they got less than the top score, even a single point away from perfection, the response could vary but it was never good. Groundings usually. The forced tutoring Mattie had to endure in muggle school. Berating. Like Mattie would say, the reaction varied despite never being good. Mattie was secretly thankful it was Eden’s OWL year the previous school year so when their school information came by mail it would be his that was looked at first.

OWLs were much like A-Levels and that was something both Sir and Ma’am could understand. Unfortunately, Eden and Mattie were not smart enough to lie about the grading system for Hogwarts. Or perhaps they were smarter not to have lied. Sir and Ma’am were both very talented at sniffing out lies and for Mattie she had a big lie she was hiding in the form of her handwritten sheet music under her mattress and a guitar stuffed in her closet. While she appreciated the instrument Sparrow sent, the item filled Mattie with fear. What if Sir or Ma’am found out? At least they tended to give Eden and Mattie privacy in their own rooms so long as it stayed perfectly neat and the corners of the bedsheets were creased per Army protocol.

Mattie sat at the dining room table, resisting tapping out the tempo of the latest song she was working on in her head. She was studying her astronomy textbook knowing a lecture on that would come soon enough that summer as she sipped her cup of Earl Gray. It was not her fault the most useless, boring subject was in the middle of the night! She was deep into an explanation on the movements of Jupiter when Charles Harper, Sir, came into the dinning room and called out in his drill sergeant voice for Harper to join him. Ma’am had already appeared as if she apparated into the room. “You’re grades are in,” Charles explained opening Eden’s OWLs scores first as he asked, “Is there anything I should know before reading this?” He looked first to Eden before glancing briefly at Mattie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝑜𝓉𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒
                                                𝒯𝓇𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝐼 𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Freedom? Freedom is quite a big thing to ask for, dear
                                                I find you have to learn to grasp it yourself
                                                Rarely is it simply given
                                                Perhaps you'll find your own way in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:12 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

sixth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Language Club student
Namaste Club yogi || Quidditch beater and captain

Summer after fifth year had been the best summer yet thus far. Of course Eden and Mattie still got some studying in, but without the pressure of exams, Eden basically got to deep dive into whatever he wanted to. He’d started flipping through muggle biology books, advanced healing texts, and generally just enjoying a low-pressure review. Every Friday evening he and Callie would go to the Planetariwm Wales and browse the exhibits while chatting, get dinner at the food court, and take a stroll around the grounds after dark. Eden wasn’t honestly that excited by the planetarium and got used to the same exhibits after a few weeks, but Callie always seemed to find something new to admire, and Callie was always interesting company, so even when they disagreed they could find something to talk about. Weekends he and Sir would get some range time in, and overall, it was just a great time.

Yeah. And then that letter had come. OWLs evaluations.

Eden always hated grade evaluations. He was always short of the A in muggle elementary, hovering somewhere in the B+/ A- range. And then at Hogwarts it had taken forever to drag his grades up from As and Es to Os and earn that far-out-of-reach ”Keep it up”. Still. Eden was hoping for good news. ”Your grades are in. Is there anything I should know before reading this?”

Eden swallowed and stood at attention before the dining room table. ”I am concerned about my Herbology and Wandless practicals,” he admitted. All the exam practicals had been stressful and tricky, save Healing. He was fairly sure he had done his best on all the written sections, but practicals...well, he was just going to hope he didn’t manage anything below an E.

”Is that an excuse?”

”No Sir. No excuses.” Eden replied. He took a deep breath as Sir unfolded the page.

s**t.

Whatever the result was obviously wasn’t good.

setting Home, Summer 2053 || withMattie and Parents
appearance 5’8”, fit || wearing casual clothes
status Shitshitshit

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Don’t close your eyes, it’ll all be okay
Come dry yourself beside the fire
Made of all those former worries that you’ve carried inside you
There’s no need for names
Just let them burn, we’ll warm ourselves with the flames
♖♜
~"The River with No Name" by Radical Face.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:51 am
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 3rd Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Dueling Club, Fite Club, and Music Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>

If Captain Charles Harper’s lips could press into a tighter line after the evaluation of Eden’s scores they did. Mattie’s eyes grew wide. She doubted that Eden would fail any of his OWLs but get less than perfect was possible. Charles held out the grades to his wife who regarded them with a disappointed head shake. “If you were concerned you should have studied before the exam occurred,” Juliet offered.

Sir looked to Mattie and the same single word Eden thought went through her brain: s**t.

“Matilda?” Sir asked before he unfolded her pre-OWL evaluations.

“Sir?” Mattie countered shutting her Astronomy text book in a way to display the cover as if to say ‘look I’m studying right now!’

Sir began to read her scores and handed it over to his wife without a word. Juliet glanced at the current evaluations that said things like “likely to score an A” for at least two likely three of Mattie’s courses. Juliet sighed, ”At least you have time before your OWLs.”

”Unacceptable, none the less,” Charles concluded. ”Both of you. I understand distractions may exist in a boarding school but I would have hoped you both would have the discipline to not tarnish this family’s reputation in the wizarding world. Was it that girl, Eden? And, you Matilda Rose Harper? You don’t even have electives to concern yourself with. Should we ban quidditch? You at the very least won't be going to Hogsmeade this year.”

”We have always given you the privilege of your privacy at home but you have not shown you deserve that. Doors off the bedrooms starting today, you both can change in the bathroom. Furthermore, I believe a search and reorganization to prevent distraction starts now,” Juliet said, laying out the offending grades on the table in front of her.

Thus, the searches began of the rooms. Captain Charles Harper began on his son’s and Lieutenant Juliet Harper began on Mattie’s. Mattie doubted Eden had worse than possibly a dirty magazine and that was hard to imagine. She knew as her mother approached her closet doom was only to come. An hour later, Juliet was scattering Mattie’s sheet music from under bed across the floor and a guitar was in her hand. Juliet announced, “I found Mattie’s distraction!”

Mattie begged and cried and shouted that the music helped her not hurt her. It helped her express herself and gave her a voice. As the horrid conclusion came to drag to the fire pit her hours of work – her music – and the guitar Sparrow had sent her, Mattie smart enough not to physically fight for her music declared, “I hate you! I hate you both! I hope you both die! I’d rather die than be your daughter!” She ran into the bathroom and slammed the door. Sliding to the tile floor Mattie began sobbing angry tears. It was Eden’s fault too. All she wanted was something to focus and quiet her mind. Music did that for her. Was that so wrong?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Feel free to Continue if you want. I sort of left Eden to deal with Charles as Charles searches his room. sweatdrop }
                                                addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 8:49 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

”Was it that girl, Eden?”

Callie? No, no, they couldn’t go blaming this on her! ”No!--” Eden defended immediately, before snapping his mouth shut for speaking out of turn. His frustration grew as his parents considered more punishments for the siblings. They soon concluded a search of their rooms was necessary. Which...sucked, but the only really incriminating things he had were letters--letters that might betray the “planetarium visits” not as studying but dates!

As soon as their parents had con on the search, Eden snatched the stupid evaluation sheet from the table to see how poorly he had done. As. In Herbology and Wandless of course. And then a bunch of Es across the board. There were precious few subjects with an O. Eden couldn't even feel happy about the five hard-earned Os on his transcript-- he felt the disappointment like extra weights yanking on his arms and legs.

”But Sir, I’ve done nothing but study,” he said, following the captain for the room search.

It wasn’t long before Captain Harper flipped the mattress and found the letters. His eyes flashed with realization as he skimmed the lines. ”You had time and money for dating instead of studying, I see?”

”We weren’t dating until summer! She helped me study!”

”Evidently not enough! Your Astronomy grade was still unacceptable.”

”But--No!”

It was too late. His father had torn the letters apart. Maybe--maybe he could keep the pieces, and reparo them at school. Maybe it was still salvageable--

Sir whirled on the star chart Eden had on his wall--a seemingly innocent start chart, but it was special--it reflected the night of his and Callie’s first actual date.

”NO! WHY?! She--”

”I found Mattie’s distraction!”

Further defending was cut off when Juliet announced she’d found Mattie’s distraction. Charles stepped out for a moment. Then there was the sound of a smash, a twang, and Mattie’s anguished cry. The scream tore through Eden’s chest like a bullet or jinx and he forgot his own worries for a moment, running for his door. Sir was walking out of Mattie’s room, his fist clenched around a guita--around the broken neck of a guitar. Two halves of the instrument lay broken outside the door.

”Eden, get your pen. If you like writing letters so much, you can write a letter breaking up with your little girlfriend... NOW! Out here, where I can see you. Sir tossed the crumpled pages in his other fist into the fire pit. ”As for you, Matilda--”

Eden’s blood curled at the howl from his baby sister’s scream and the slamming of the bathroom door: “I hate you! I hate you both! I hope you both die! I’d rather die than be your daughter!”

------------♜♖------------

Their parents had been serious about removing the doors. After a quarter hour of yelling through the bathroom door--”MATILDA ROSE HARPER, how dare you speak to us that way?!”-- Sir and Ma’am had made good on their threat to dismantle the kids’ doors. Eden could do nothing but keep his head metaphorically down the entire time, watching in silent horror as his parents burnt his letters and star chart and Mattie’s music.

His mind had spun as he tried to find a way to slip a secret message into his letter to Calliope, to tell her he still liked her, to tell her this wasn’t voluntary, to plead that she understand and forgive him. But Sir expected it to be professional and crisp--as though Eden could write such a cold letter to his Starflower! Tears stung his eyes and his hand shook as Eden attached the letter to Corporal Feather’s leg. This was his own fault. He finally made a vague remark to Altair and Vega, apologized for missing their next date, and hoped it would be enough to clue her in. With Sir’s approval, Eden let his owl go into the night with a heavy heart.

Captain Harper left for an evening shift. As Lieutenant Harper was called away for a first aid thing upstairs, Eden set aside the herbology text that wasn’t registering in his head anyways. He started hunted the house for traces of Mattie’s music or guitar. There were a few badly-charred measures of manuscript left in the fire pit. Under the couch was what looked like a guitar bridge, chipped but not broken. He considered using wandless magic to mend it--but well...there was probably a reason his wandless was barely passing. Besides if the stupid Ministry showed up now, he’d just be causing more trouble. Instead, Eden hid the charred music sheet between the pages of his healing text, and tucked the chipped bridge under the cushion of his wand case.

Eden tapped against the door of the bathroom, not sure how to bring this up--or whether he should at all. ”Mattie, they’ve gone for a moment. Do you want some dinner?”

status Shitshitshit

mc2

♖♜

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:47 am

Mattie did not care about Sir or Ma'am and their shouts. They were awful. Just awful. She hated them. Mattie supposed her burning hatred of them proved she did care about her parents just not in the sweet, loving way a child might be expected. Between her shouting matches with her parents, refusing to back down from her drill sergeant voices her parents had, Mattie searched for someone to blame for her punishment.

No music was a death sentence to Mattie. It gave her heart and passion and friends. She knew when school started she was cunning enough to join in with Music Club again without her parents finding out so long as her stupid brother didn't talk. And Eden was obviously stupid guessing by his OWL scores that started all this. Mattie would just stab him in the eye with a pencil and hex him when he wasn't looking if he did snitch.

Eden.

Eden's OWL scores.

It was his fault her precious guitar from Sparrow was murdered.

It was his fault her music where she poured her heart and soul was turned to ashes.

It didn't matter to Mattie that logically she got some "likely to get As" in three of her courses which did not help the matter. No. It was all Eden's fault. It had to be his fault. Besides he was the one going off on dates all the time. Mattie wasn't off galivanting with boys or girls for dates. She knew she studied more than he probably did. She was the good one. It had to be him. And Mattie could not think beyond her all or nothing thinking.

She noticed the quietness outside building as she paused her thoughts for half a second. Her parents were probably ordered back to the base or something. That wasn't her problem and the joke was on everyone. Mattie had no intention on leaving the only bathroom in the apartment anytime soon.

Then a voice: "Mattie, they've gone for a moment. Do you want some dinner?"

Despite vowing not to leave the loo anytime soon, Mattie opened the door. Her face was streaked with angry, mascara tears showing the only make-up she was allowed to wear. Glaring at him she snapped, "What dinner? If you made it, that's probably rubbish too." She swept back her curls dramatically and said, "You shouldn't even talk to me. You killed Pietro... my guitar. You destroyed my music. You took away my privacy. You're just as bad as Sir and Ma'am. I hate you, too. And, I'd rather starve than eat anything you have to offer. I wish you'd just disappear and never return!"

Frustrated she let out a growl of anger before running to her bedroom, through the open door frame, and buried her face into the pillows of her bed sobbing only to angrily toss a teddy bear across the room hitting a lamp on her desk which teetered dangerously but safely found its groundings.

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: No problem, like you said we discussed early. Sorry for the slow response. Enjoy angry, dramatic, spiteful Mattie. xd }
                                                addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:11 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Eden was prepared to just walk away if Mattie either didn’t want to talk or if she screamed at him through the loo door. When she opened the door though, Mattie’s face was streaked with mascara and swollen with tears. He didn’t even register the slight on his cooking. But then she was glaring and accusing him--because apparently it was his fault Sir broke her guitar?

"You destroyed my music. You're just as bad as Sir and Ma'am. I hate you too."

“Excuse me?” he snapped back. The helplessness from his parents mixed with a familiar irritation and sparked into an angry retort of his own: ”Why’re you blaming me? I never said anything about your music. I kept your secret! And no, I was just going to heat up leftovers that you and Ma’am made, so it wouldn’t be rubbish unless what you make is rubbish too! They made me break up with Callie! Over letter! Because your grades were s**t too! Plus I’m not the idiot who brought my guitar home. ”.

Eden immediately regretted it.

It wasn’t her fault. None of it. Eden had been the one to sacrifice Hogsmeade visits over Quidditch-- it was his fault they’d be banned from visits unless they both showed significant grade improvements by Winter Break. But...he had a duty as Quidditch captain.

And bringing the guitar home--That was a low blow. he wasn’t even sure it was the same guitar she used at school. Something about a birthday present from a friend. An idiot friend no doubt, but it wasn’t Mattie’s fault.

”Mattie--” It didn’t matter. With a growl, Mattie was off to her bedroom, burying her face into the pillows with a new wave of tears. Yeah, good job, kick her while she’s down.
She threw a teddy bear across the room, but Eden flinched away and it hit the desklamp instead, which teetered dangerously before rebalancing. He pushed it more securely onto her desk, picked up the teddy bear and left his sister to cry.

As he heated up some leftovers for her anyways, Eden thought about what Mattie had said. His poor OWLs had annoyed his parents. Maybe if they weren’t already in such a displeased mood, they wouldn’t have lashed out at Mattie so much. That was a lie, they both knew keeping secrets from their parents was a bad decision to begin with. At least he might still be able to see Callie at school.

He set the bowl and a spoon on Mattie’s desk silently and returned to the herbology text in his own room. It...really was his fault. They’d taken it out on Mattie because of his own incompetence.

status It's...my fault.

♖♜

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:49 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

seventh year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn

A few weeks ago, Sir had the grand idea of inviting the childrens’ friends over for dinner-- he seemed suspicious that Eden and Mattie were only ever going off for studying and exercising, and Ma’am had expressed wanting to meet some of these figures.

For Eden’s part, he knew they meant they wanted to confirm that “Finley Archer, straight O student” and “Chadwick Knapp, Dueling Club captain” actually existed and weren’t some weird figment of his imagination. He figured for Mattie they wanted to make sure she had properly quit music and wasn't getting distracted by anything else. That she had "good influences" as friends.

A polite invitation had been sent out with the proposed agenda: Arrive by noon for lunch and tea. Then they'd have a few hours of bonding time at the Minsterley Shooting Range--Shooting had always been the bonding activity of choice for the Harpers--aside from drills or homework, if those counted as family activities. A light dinner would had out in town, and all guests would be sent home--likely via the Knight Bus-- by 20:00.

Eden figured there wouldn't be too much interrogation time at the range, and he would be all too happy to show off his marksmanship with a rifle. But before that was lunch. They were going to be talking about school and grades and extracurriculars and even though he had gotten his story straight with Finley and Chadwick, there was always the chance someone slipped up or his parents asked something weird. Please no one mention Music club for Mattie or dating for me

Eden helped set the table as their friends arrived, doing his best to appear calm. Finley and Chadwick might apparate directly to the living room, but Mattie was having a friend over. When the doorbell rang, he figured that was her and went to open the door.

setting Summer 2054, the Harper Residence, currently in England near Minsterley || with Friends and Family
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing Neat white and khaki
status Please no one bring up Music or dating....

mc2
for Mattie

Cinnabun Gryffie
for Callie and Finley

Stefan Lee Salvatore
for Chadwick

They see you as small and helpless
They see you as just a child
Surprise when they find that a warrior will soon run wild.
Prepare for your greatest moments
Prepare for your finest hour
The dream that you've always dreams is suddenly about to flower.
♖♜
~"This Will be the Day" from RWBY. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Harper Residence
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden, Mattie, Cpt & Ltn Harper
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? This is gonna be insanity
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I hope they don't immediately kick me out

Callie was both excited and worried about this luncheon she'd been invited to. The official invitation had come from Mattie, but she was certain Eden would be there. Since this was going to be at the Harper residence. But, Eden's parents weren't to know she and Eden were dating, so Callie was worried the whole event would end in problems for Eden and Mattie both. Luckily, she wasn't going alone. According to Eden's intel, both Finley and Chadwick had been invited as well. Apparently the whole thing was some sort of proof to show the Harper parents that the kids weren't up to mischief.

Pulling on her jacket, Callie used the floo to get to Diagon. Once there, she met up with Nani, one of Desi's best friends. The older girl (who Callie was pretty sure had a lunar affliction all her own) had offered to drive Callie, since the Harpers didn't have floo, Callie couldn't apparate, and the Knight Bus could make the bravest soul queasy. "Callie. Please promise me you'll be safe. And you'll call me if you need a ride home. I don't wanna tell your mom something bad happened. So please don't hesitate to reach out. I'll just be running errands all day." "Of course, thank you again for the ride!"

Callie took a deep breath as she walked up to the Harper's unit. She swapped her rose-tinted glasses for her normal, round-frame set, squinting a bit at the bright morning light before knocking on the door. She was expecting one of the parents, or even Mattie to open the door, but when the door opened, she was greeted by a startled

"Hello -- Callie?"

Oh boy. Here we go. His parents were definitely within earshot, and if they somehow weren't, she didn't want to blow anyone's cover. "Eden, hello. It's nice to see you. I read that book you recommended on tactical strategies. I really appreciate the recommendation." She nodded, following him into the house proper. "Mattie! Thank you so much for inviting me out today." Her next person to face... well, persons to face, were the Harper parents, who looked just about as stern as Callie had imagined they might be. "Captain and Lieutenant Harper. Thank you so much for inviting me into your home. My name is Calliope Whitethorne. Your home is quite lovely." She did a little bow sort of thing, hoping to seem as perfectly polite as they might require.

{{{OoC: we opted for Callie to be Mattie's friend invite. mostly for the chaos}}}
          {{Wearing: this dress & cardigan combo, these shoes, and her starry hair clips}}
          addaellis

mc2

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:35 pm

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Seventh Year Slytherin
Quidditch Beater ✌ Dueling Club Captain

▬▬"If you don't expect to like someone and then you do, that's an incredibly exciting moment."▬▬

Chadwick and Finley had gotten a very formal invitation to the Harper residence for an afternoon with them. It spoke of lunch, shooting, and dinner. He had suspicions that the Harpers had a hard time at home sometimes, and he could relate to that, having been through hard times himself. He was going to do his best to make life easy on Eden and Mattie. He hoped that his plan to ask Mattie to be dueling captain would make the evening a little bit more pleasant for the entire group.

When it was nearing time for their arrival, Chadwick put on his tan pants and a button down blue shirt. It wasn't formal, nor casual, some in-between. Finley then apparated them to the Harper Residence. After landing, Chadwick took Finley's hand, squeezed it, then let go. He loved Finley, but wasn't sure what Eden's parents thought about gay couples, and they didn't need to throw that wrench into the plan of the evening, whatever the plan was. He walked up to the door and knocked, before stepping back. He wondered who else was here, had anyone else shown up yet? When the door opened Chadwick smiled, "Hello, thank you for having us."

▬▬"The real question I guess is - do I deserve you?" ▬▬

Where: Harper Residence
With Whom: Finley <3
Thinking about: Is this hell 2.0?
Description: 5'8" blond teen with blue eyes

addaellis

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:34 pm
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 4th Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Dueling Club, Fite Club, and Music Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: A Touch of Color

Mattie was so excited to see her friends which coincidently also all of her brother's friends. She supposed since they had similar interests it would make sense. She knew she should worry about her secrets (and Eden's) would come to light to her parents but today she didn't care. She was more untouchable than the Queen of England who was probably less touchable than the Pope. She wasn't sure about that though as she wasn't Catholic and didn't follow the Pope on Social Media or anything.

She had shook her head and splashed water on her face before doing a light touch of make-up. She was so in her own cloud of self absorbing thoughts she missed her own set up on her brother of Eden and Callie. Oh well, life goes on.

She skipped out of the bathroom and said, "Hi Callie! You still look so surprised, Eden. I told you Callie was tutoring me in the most boring subject in existence. No offence Callie you are the only one who got me to actually sit through two hours talking about moon phases."

Mattie smiled at her parents as they looked suspiciously at their youngest child. It was true Callie had managed that. It was good for them, right? If she had a good tutor it at least would keep her from failing because sitting through a normal class was ridiculous, especially how late it was. Child abuse. Mattie was sure of it.

The door knocked and Mattie took the lead running over to see one of her favorite couples and overlapping friends she had with Eden. "Hello!" Mattie said brightly. She folded her hands behind her back smiling, "Getting here wasn't too hard, I hope."

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Harper Residence
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chadwick, Eden, Mattie, Callie, Cpt & Ltn Harper
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? The world's most awkward lunch
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is gonna be a joy

Finley had gotten an invitation to a dinner with Eden, Mattie, and their parents. It was.... probably going to be a disaster. He looked closer at the invite, groaning when he saw that they'd be going shooting. Of course that was Harper family fun. Were they supposed to dress like... politely or more casually? Given the stories he'd been told of the Harper parents, Finley assumed it'd be best to dress professionally. Well, that ruled out his comfy converse, then.

He pulled on a pair of nice navy slacks, paired with a light blue button-up shirt. He rolled his sleeves up, then looked in the mirror to carefully set his hair it its normal style. He pulled on his nice dress up shoes, then sighed at Chadwick. Hopefully this wouldn't go terribly. He apparated them near enough, then walked alongside his boyfriend to the house. Chadwick squeezed Finley's hand, then let go, earning a small sigh from the older teen. Hopefully they were cool with gay relationships, because if asked outright, Finley didn't know if he'd be able to lie.

While he was pondering, Chadwick knocked on the door, then greeted Eden, who looked a little... surprised? Shocked? Something like that. Chadwick thanked them in broad terms, but Finley decided to bite the proverbial bullet. Since Callie was over by Mattie, he stepped up to see the Harper parents. "You must be Captain and Lieutenant Harper. I'm pleased to meet you. I'm Finley Archer, and this is Chadwick Knapp. It's been a pleasure making friends with both Eden and Mattie, as well as watching them grow and mature in their own strengths. I really appreciate you inviting us into your home today." He offered a handshake to each of the Harper adults, doing his best to remember all the nonsense about Military he'd learned, between Primary education and the couple kids that'd been from Military homes before moving to Wool's. Hopefully it was enough to pass as a reasonably well educated adult person. Especially since he had no idea what was going to be asked of him next.

Mattie greeted him brightly, then he shrugged a bit. "It wasn't too bad. I'm able to apparate, which is wild for me. But cool, I suppose. Handy for getting to work." He offered a small grin, feeling ever awkward. Hopefully his weird childhood quirk of adapting to the opinions of adults (or older adults, in this case) wouldn't come out to play... unless it came in handy... in which case, it might be a blessing. Either way.

{{OoC: wearing navy slacks, light blue button-up, and dark brown dress shoes}}
mc2

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trying hard to fight these tears. I'm crazy worried
Messing with my head this fear I'm so sorry
You know you gotta get it out I can't take it
That's what being friends about. I want to cry I can't deny
Tonight I wanna up and hide and get inside
It isn't right I gotta live in my life
Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Push until you can't and then demand more
You and me together, we can make it better

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:19 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

seventh year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn

” Hello--Callie?

When Eden opened the door, he had been expecting Finley and Chadwick perhaps, or some girl he didn’t know. Instead, he was surprised to see his girlfriend standing outside, adorable in starry flats and a flowery skirt and --oh! She had the hairclips! Even odder, Callie went on about a book on tactical strategies before going on to greet Mattie.

Mattie seemed particularly like the cat that had swallowed the canary as she appeared, introducing him to his own girlfriend as her Astronomy tutor. He felt a rush of affection for both girls. Mattie’s mood swings had been particularly erratic the last while, but today at least it seemed she was on cloud nine. For now, that was a good thing, right?

He cleared his throat to get himself back on track. ”Of course, thank you for coming,”

The door knocked again and mattie beat him to the door, revealing Finley and Chadwick. ”Hey! Thanks for making it,” he waved. Finley immediately greeted his parents, seemingly fitting straight in. It was a little jarring seeing his friends and girlfriend here--with his parents...but that wasto be expected, right?

”Thank you all for coming,” Ma’am greeted after all the formalities of introductions and handshakes. ”Please, sit, lunch is ready.”

Eden somehow found himself sitting between Sir and Chadwick, although his gaze kept flickering over to Callie. There were a few tense moments as Ma’am passed the food along, and Eden busied himself offering biscuits just so he’d have something to do. Sir finally broke the silence: ”Mr. Archer, Eden tells me you just graduated with high honors? Congratulations. And Mr. Knapp, Miss Whitethorne, thank you for taking care of these two in Dueling and Astronomy..”

A few exchanges later, he was in full interrogation mode, with questions like ”You all sure do a lot of studying. How has the Dueling club been? How did you come to know astronomy so well? Astronomy seems to be a particular area of interest for wizard-folk. What other extracurriculars are you all up to? What are your current plans?

Of course, All Eden could hear were the underlying questions: “Are you really studying all the time? How are Eden and Mattie doing in the Dueling club? Why do they need a special tutor for Astronomy in particular? What extracurriculars are they up to? What else goes on at school? What kind of people are they hanging out with really?”

Eden unfortunately, could only keep quiet, casting glances around and offering the occasional supportive nod or ”Astronomy is one of the seven core classes that we take. We get a much better look into astronomy than in muggle schooling.” and quick ”Well, Chadwick and I are taking our NEWT level exams--the big ones--at the end of the year. So...lots to study.”

setting Summer 2054, the Harper Residence, currently in England near Minsterley || with Friends and Family
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing Neat white and khaki
status Please no one bring up Music or dating....

Cinnabun Gryffie
for Callie and Finley

Stefan Lee Salvatore
for Chadwick

They see you as small and helpless
They see you as just a child
Surprise when they find that a warrior will soon run wild.
Prepare for your greatest moments
Prepare for your finest hour
The dream that you've always dreams is suddenly about to flower.
♖♜
~"This Will be the Day" from RWBY. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

Private Homes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff