Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Harper Residence Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Harper Residence
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden, Mattie, Cpt & Ltn Harper, Finley & Chadwick
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? This is gonna be insanity
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I hope they don't immediately kick me out

Callie couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt when Eden looked so startled. Mattie seemed extra happy, so perhaps it was all planned that Eden might not know... Just as she was about to speak up, Finley and Chadwick arrived, the elder of the two effortlessly handling introductions. From there, the group was quickly ushered to lunch. She was sat beside Mattie, though luckily across the table from Eden. They could keep making gazes.... so long as they were very subtle about it. After food had been all passed around, the Harpers' father (because he didn't seem much like a dad, per Callie's very limited experience with the two) started an interrogation.

Finley was nervous for how this would go, and unfortunately, he was the first called out by Captain Harper. Joy. "I did, yes Sir. Top marks on all my exams. I'm glad to work with both Mattie and Eden, and have quite enjoyed assisting them with studies, where they may be needed. Of course, I'm not in all their classes, but it seems we've all worked together to make a pretty good network to help each other with our skills." Once he'd spoken, he glanced over at Mattie, then to Eden, hoping his words worked out well enough.

When Callie was called to spotlight, she looked a bit confused, then worried. "Well, Sir, I was raised by an Astronomer. For much of my life I studied the stars, moons, and planets of the universe. It's always held a special place. As for why it's a taught course in every variant of magical education, including each of the schools worldwide, there are a million practicalities. One of my favorites is that I'm able to navigate entirely by the stars. If ever I'm lost and alone, I can find my way home with short work. But for tutoring, I don't just stop at Astronomy. I also help quite a bit with another core class, Potions. My mum is the professor over years four through seven, and I've come to develop quite the skill." She didn't like the vague insinuation that Astronomy might not be as important as some other classes, and she was most certainly prepared to defend the study.

When the general subject of extracurriculars was brought up, Finley wasn't sure the question was meant for him. However, the man had also asked about current plans, so he decided to see if he could repair a bridge for Mattie.... maybe. If this worked. "Well, I was captain of the school's music club, as well as a study group for NEWT-level electives courses. I am currently working two jobs, one at my dad's hair salon, where I've learned quite a few transferrable skills, and the other is a new job as a musical instructor. I teach students instruments, as well as music theory and music history." After his short monologue, Finley looked away, where he'd been making gaze with the man. Hopefully this worked, or else he may find himself in hot water.

At the mention of extra curriculars, Callie let Finley take the lead, especially since the older boy seemed to have a point to prove. She then spoke up on her own note. "I lead the Astronomy club, which dives deeper into not only the heavenly bodies, but also a deep dive into both the lore and history of constellations, such as how they got their names. I've also been a member of Dueling club, alongside both Mattie and Eden, working with them both - as well as Finley and Chadwick, our captain - to improve my own skillset. As for plans, I'm not certain on them yet. I've still got a full year before I go into my NEWT exam year, so this year I'll be working with professors to look into careers that may be good with the classes I'm in, as well as careers that would suit me well. As soon as I know further, I'll be sure to set course." She glanced over at Eden, trying to remember that they must be careful, so as not to attract too much attention from the parents. Especially because Captain Harper was definitely giving Callie sharp reminders of the man she once knew as her father. Hopefully her mentions of her mum, as compared to Father, wouldn't be questioned. She didn't know how she would explain away her past. Only a few people really knew, and she had faith that Eden wouldn't dare tell a soul.

{{{OoC: we opted for Callie to be Mattie's friend invite. mostly for the chaos}}}
          {{Wearing: this dress & cardigan combo, these shoes, and her starry hair clips}}
          addaellis

mc2

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Seventh Year Slytherin
Quidditch Beater ✌ Dueling Club Captain

▬▬"If you don't expect to like someone and then you do, that's an incredibly exciting moment."▬▬

Chadwick decided, this entire thing was super awkward. He had sat through awkward family dinners before, but this was worse. It was like they were all trying to avoid tripping any bombs. He casually gave a few words about the various topics, but then they were talking about extra curriculars. "Like Calliope mentioned, I am the dueling club captain. Besides scheduling what we'll be covering during the club, this year I also needed to find someone to take over y position." He glanced at Mattie and smiled, "I was really hoping Mattie here could step up to lead the Dueling Club as fearless captain next year. What do you say Mattie?" He realized, he really shouldn't have brought this up, with all the awkward talk, he would talk in private to Mattie later, make sure he hadn't pushed her into something she didn't want. But it would probably add a few bonus points to whatever background tension was happening, what parent didn't like their kid becoming a lead.

▬▬"The real question I guess is - do I deserve you?" ▬▬

Where: Harper Residence
With Whom: Finley <3
Thinking about: Is this hell 2.0?
Description: 5'8" blond teen with blue eyes
OOC: I'm sorry this is so late D:

addaellis

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:20 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 4th Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Dueling Club, Fite Club, and Music Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: A Touch of Color
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mattie supposed dinner with her friends and her brother and her friend/Eden's girlfriend was what most would call awkward. There had been worse in her time and she could only wonder what first dates with her parents had been. Comparing shooting skills and eating a meal in fifteen minutes or less or something likely. Regardless, she thought the meal was going jolly good and was confident things would continue to go well. They wouldn't be Eden and her friends if they didn't understand enough about Sir and Ma'am to not botch it.

Smiling, Mattie listened as those present under 19 were navigating Sir and Ma'am's interrogation. Not that Mattie currently doubted her greatness she was impressed with their friends to give them credit at times to please the egos of Sir and Ma'am. Mattie listened as Chadwick began to discuss his position in the dueling club. She half swallowed a bite of potato when he looked at her and offered the position of Dueling Club Captain for next year. Coughing, she managed to swallow the potato. "Really? Wicked!"

The look Ma'am gave her daughter gave her a moment to freeze and try to contain her excitement. Smiling at Chadwick, she said, "That would be wonderful. I love the dueling club and I think I'm pretty good at it if I do say so." She glanced at Sir and said, "I'll be like you leading the dueling club, right? Must run in our genes."

Sir nodded and thanked Chadwick for extending the leadership position to his daughter. He promised to give tips on leadership which Mattie reckoned she'd listen to about three-quarters of it. He did have a high rank in the army and teach Eden and her how to shoot from a young age just fine. He wasn't useless at leadership even though his style was more "drill sergeant".

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝑜𝓉𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒
                                                𝒯𝓇𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝐼 𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Freedom? Freedom is quite a big thing to ask for, dear
                                                I find you have to learn to grasp it yourself
                                                Rarely is it simply given
                                                Perhaps you'll find your own way in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:54 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

18 years || Hufflepuff alum || muggleborn
Hit Wizard

The soft crack in Eden’s room was a relatively regular occurrence in the Harper Residence– although not when accompanied by a shivering cry: ”Ma’am! I need a medic!” he called out, shattering the sleepy silence.

Eden stumbled towards his bed, hitting the lights with a wandless flipendo, and wrapped Callie in his blankets. He could barely feel his own fingers as he wiped Callie’s hair from her face, looking for signs of consciousness or life. ”Callie, please-please-please.”

He saw her eyes flicker, and could feel a pulse. A thousand hours of healing studying was rushing through his head like a crashing wave, jumbling up with his panic and fear. ”Ma’am! He-Help!”

Eden fumbled with Callie’s jacket buttons with shivering fingers. Whether it was the complicated buttons or his own hands shaking too much to be useful, the effort was futile and he grabbed his wand again and sent a controlled Diffindo!” across the jacket, moving Callie’s tiny body gently from her drenched clothes.

Ma’am burst into his room, still dressed in her nightshirt with Sir not far behind. Lieutenant Juliet Harper glanced at the scene in her son’s room. Eden was drenched, and there was a familiar girl freezing on his bed, haphazardly bundled in blankets. Their shoes were still skates, and flecks of ice clung to Eden’s jacket. She jumped in. ”Get out of those clothes,” she ordered, and barked back at her husband to fetch warm towels and dry blankets.

”The ice c-cracked fell through. S-She was underwater probably t-th-thirty? forty? sec–seconds. Under a minute–” Eden’s teeth chattered slightest as he reported the situation, and another wave of panic crashed in his head– 30 seconds–no it couldn’t have been more than a minute–how far was she–it felt like forever it felt like forever–what if I took too long? What if she gets frostbite or hypothermia is she still breathing Callie, Callie–

He snapped back to attention long enough to finish reporting, his voice steading the slightest as he stripped his own jacket off. ”I apparated us to t-the s-surface then home almost immediately. Another 20 seconds maybe. She’s f-freezing. Unconscious or unresponsive. Possibly got wat-water in her l-lungs-s-s.”

His mom nodded, already toweling off Callie’s hair and drying her off. ”Get out of those clothes and take a warm shower.

Eden hesitated, one fist still clutched around his wand. His eyes lingered on his Callie, hesitating to leave her even if he knew there was nothing he could do here.

”That’s an order, Eden.” Juliet’s voice softened a little. ”I’ve got her. Now take care of yourself so I don’t have two patients to deal with.”

Hesitated and uncertainty clouded over Eden’s face. He squeezed Callie’s frozen fingers and nodded, transfiguring their skates back to shoes before retreating to the bathroom to warm himself up.

setting December 2055, Black Lake > Home || with My Starflower, Ma'am
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing drenched sweater and warm jacket, layers under jeans
status Please please let Callie be okay!

Continued from The Black Lake

Cinnabun Gryffie

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
♖♜
~"Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Eden's House - Master Bathroom
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden's Mom
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Trying to warm my soul
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I've never been more grateful for a hot shower

Cold. Dark... no, not dark... not anymore. There were... voices, sounds swirling around her head. A shiver ripped through her thin body, a weight lifting off her chest. Voices, one voice... calling her name. Callie mumbled softly, trying to bring herself back to consciousness. Another voice, this one... not as familiar. The cold set back in, the blonde drifting back into the darkness.

"Let me know how I can help. I've got towels and a few more blankets." Charles stepped back in the room, having passed a shivering, still soaked Eden. The man shook his head a bit, thinking it a good thing Eden brought the girl here. Then again, with the ice skating, the kids both clearly in nice dress... He had to wonder if they had been on a date. If so, why hadn't Eden mentioned it before? "Do you need me to get anything else?" He stepped closer, watching his wife in action. "No, Charles, go wait for Eden. Bring him a change of clothes. I'm going to commandeer our master bathroom. God, she's freezing."

Callie felt warm hands on her cheeks, blue eyes flickering open a bit. "Hey, there you are. Come on, let's get you in a warm shower." Callie nodded, accepting the woman's help first to sit, leaning against the woman, then to stand on shaky legs. She clutched the warm blanket wrapped around her, slowly moving into the large bathroom. With help, she was stripped of her freezing, soaking clothes, wand clattering to the tile floor. The blonde was sat in the shower, warm water spilling over her. As she felt her body start to thaw, Callie moved a bit, squeezing ice water from her messy hair, letting the water wash her a bit. Blue eyes glanced over at the woman standing guard, feeling a bit ashamed. Eden's parents didn't know they'd been dating... well, that was probably all out in the open now. Maybe if she could try to mitigate some damage. "Th-thank you, Lieutenant Harper." Callie shrank down a bit, leaning forward to let the water, now a bit hotter, run over her back. She moved her hair, letting it fall to each side of her face, a curtain to shield her of the world.

{{OoC: Posted the NPC Harpers with permission from Addaellis}}
          {{Wearing :: Pink and Gold}}
          addaellis

Hɪɢʜ ᴅɪᴠᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ғʀᴏᴢᴇɴ ᴡᴀᴠᴇs ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʟɪғᴇ
          Fɪɢʜᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇʟғɪsʜ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ɪᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Hᴏʟᴅ sᴛɪʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴄʀᴀsʜ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪs ᴇɴᴅs
          A ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛɪᴄᴋs 'ᴛɪʟ ɪᴛ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʟᴀss ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
          'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ I ᴡɪsʜ I ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ
          Cʜᴀsɪɴɢ ʀᴇʟᴇɴᴛʟᴇssʟʏ, sᴛɪʟʟ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜʏ
          Iғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴛʀᴀɢᴇᴅʏ, ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴅʏ?
          Iғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ's ɪɴsᴀɴɪᴛʏ, ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ᴄʟᴀʀɪᴛʏ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:26 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Hit Wizard

Eden's head went blissfully blank for a few minutes as the water seeped warmth back into his body. With it, worry crept back in. She wasn’t that far, right? It wasn’t that long. Right. Thirty or so seconds. And then we came right over. And Ma’am was on her almost immediately. It’s going to be okay. It’s going to be okay. If Ma’am had the time to order me to take a shower she didn’t think it was that bad, right? Oh God, Callie I’m so sorry.

It felt like forever he had been fighting through the cold water to reach Callie’s prone form. He remembered the sting of the wind hitting them as he apparated to the lake edge. Maybe he should have come directly home. At least it was warm inside the house.

When he got out of the shower, Eden found a change of clothes waiting for him. He towelled his hair off and found his father in the kitchen. ”Eden?”

”Sir? Where’s–”

Sir nodded towards the master bedroom and pointed to one of the dining room chairs. Eden sat, but his eyes glanced back towards his parents’ room worriedly.

”She’s up. Relax.” Sir informed him gruffly and Eden’s sigh of relief was only too obvious.

The only sound between the two Harper men was the sound of the kettle boiling water. Eden’s eyes still flitted towards the door. Captain Harper approached the table and sat down, then set a small box on the table between them with a deliberate thump.

Eden picked the box up, relieved the ring within was still inside and undamaged. He looked up: His father was leaned back in the chair, arms crossed and eyebrow raised, a carefully contained scowl on his face. ”I found this in your jacket. Explain yourself.”

setting December 2055, Home || with Sir
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing comfy long sleeve and pants
status Please please let Callie be okay! + How am I supposed to explain this?

♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Eden's House - Master Bedroom
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden's Mom
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Being Dressed for Uniform
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I hope I don't get Eden into trouble

Blue eyes watched, struggling to look around. Her glasses weren't on, though that made sense if she were in the shower. Carefully feeling around, her fingers, still a big numb from the cold, wrapped around the towel bar, the blonde pushing herself to a stand. Warm water spilled over her, warming areas that had been hidden due to her position. "Lieutenant, do you mind if I wash up? I was last covered in lake water, and I think there's stuff in my hair." Her voice was soft, measured. She didn't want to potentially tip the scales, especially knowing Eden may well get in trouble over it.

"Of course, dear. There's soaps in there. You can use my shampoo and conditioner, they're the blue bottles." Callie was grateful for the response. After washing up, she was handed a warm towel, which she quickly wrapped herself in. She was assisted out, set atop the toilet lid, as the woman, took care, helping comb out and dry Callie's hair. "Thank you again, but have you got my glasses there?" She tried to see over to where the counter might be, but everything was a blur. "Glasses? You weren't wearing any upon arrival, dear. I'll try to make things easy on you." A moment hesitation, Callie not sure how to fill the silence. It wasn't comfortable, not like with Eden, but it wasn't particularly threatening either. It was just tense.

"So, Callie, how long have you and Eden been dating? Surely that's what is going on. I saw his reaction, his worry over you. Don't get me wrong, he's got a good heart, but I don't think he'd be so... upset over just a friend." Callie froze, the woman's words weighing heavily. Did she tell the truth and risk getting Eden in trouble, or fabricate... and risk getting Eden in trouble. "A couple years now. He's very good to me. I can tell you and Captain Harper raised him well." Hopefully being vague would work in this case. Then again, she was pretty sure Eden was still avoiding the topic of their dating.

"He is a good boy. And you seem like you've got your head on straight. I don't know if you knew, but Charles and I... we dated in secret. His parents would never have agreed. We started dating in academy, then started official when we were recruits. I suppose Eden was waiting until he felt safe as well..." She took a soft breath, switching to a brush to run through Callie's hair. "He is a wonderful person. I know he worries about upsetting you. I-I probably shouldn't be saying anything. I worry about him getting in trouble." She tilted her head down, sighing softly.

"You care for him. It's quite admirable. I'm glad that of all the people he might be dating, he picked someone he can truly care for." Juliet offered a small nod, realizing the girl couldn't see it. "Come on, let's get you dressed. I have some old clothes of mine that should fit well enough." Callie grinned, accepting a hand from the woman. She followed along, moving to sit on an ottoman beside their bed. A few moments later, she was dressed in one of the Lieutenant's old outfits from her academy days.

"It's like looking in a mirror of my past. Do... do you mind if I do up your hair? In uniform, you're not allowed to have hair that long worn down." A small chuckle, a smile which hadn't adorned her face in a long time. "I would love that, Lieutenant. I would hate to disrespect your uniform." A small grin emerged from the younger blonde as she tried to sit up a little straighter and more formally to not offend the woman. A moment later, the woman started brushing Callie's hair once more, this time working carefully on setting it in a proper way. Too bad Callie wouldn't be able to see it.

{{OoC: Posted the NPC Harpers with permission from Addaellis}}
          {{Wearing :: BAF Dress Blues}}
          addaellis

Hɪɢʜ ᴅɪᴠᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ғʀᴏᴢᴇɴ ᴡᴀᴠᴇs ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʟɪғᴇ
          Fɪɢʜᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇʟғɪsʜ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ɪᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Hᴏʟᴅ sᴛɪʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴄʀᴀsʜ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪs ᴇɴᴅs
          A ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛɪᴄᴋs 'ᴛɪʟ ɪᴛ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʟᴀss ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
          'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ I ᴡɪsʜ I ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ
          Cʜᴀsɪɴɢ ʀᴇʟᴇɴᴛʟᴇssʟʏ, sᴛɪʟʟ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜʏ
          Iғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴛʀᴀɢᴇᴅʏ, ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴅʏ?
          Iғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ's ɪɴsᴀɴɪᴛʏ, ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ᴄʟᴀʀɪᴛʏ?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 5:20 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Hit Wizard

Eden had gone through a lot to get this artefact. He and Lochi had kept in secret contact for nearly a year, swapping ideas and stone samples. Jess had been their solemn courier, which had led to rumours that they were cheating on their partners – a rumour they had both faced down with stiff upper lips and absolute dismissal. He and Lochi had worked on the idea – something that might capture a galaxy, that might convey a promise and all of Eden’s adoration for his starflower.

His father never was supposed to see it. At least, not in Eden’s possession.

Eden curled his fingers protectively over the ring. He had half a mind to lie, to avoid the topic, to prevaricate as he had for the last two and a half years about his clandestine relationship. But when he looked up, hair still damp from the shower, he realised that he had no desire to hide his intentions any longer, and that they wouldn’t have been convincing anyways.

“It’s a promise ring.”

Sir took a deep breath, anger on the edge of his exhale. Was that relief? “For the young lady in our room now, I presume? Miss Whitethorne? Was this who you were dating when you failed your exams? Did you go behind our backs after we told you to break up?

As Captain Harper’s tone grew terse and accusatory, Eden steadied himself, fingers on the delicate white gold band. His father continued, his voice low out of consideration for their patient, but furious.

“ Is this what you were doing instead of studying for your exams? Chasing skirts? Sleeping arou–”

“We haven’t done anything like that–”

“Stuffing your head full of fanciful romantic notions? What kind of example are you being for your sister? You’ve barely graduated! Your girlfriend is still in school! Explain yourself!”

Eden wanted to punch something–or someone– at the idea that he was being irresponsible towards Callie or Mattie. His father continued to rant.

”And the ring! How much did this cost?! Are you wasting your earnings on this?”

Captain Harper opened the box, pointing at the little blue ring sitting innocently there.

And just the glance at it reminded Eden that his girlfriend–his starflower, the girl this ring had been designed for in every minute of its creation–was his purpose. A near-death scare in a freezing lake didn’t change how he felt about her. Another lecture from his parents certainly wouldn’t. His Callie was in the other room. His Callie.

The fist in his hand relaxed. His leg stopped bouncing. Eden took a deep breath. When Sir paused, he spoke up, tone even. ”It’s not an engagement ring. The last few months have been hard, only being able to see each other on weekends, and there’s stuff that happened with her past and my work stuff. I wanted something we could have..like a reassurance. So it’s a promise ring. My friend Lochi–his girlfriend Jess is friends with—anyways. So we worked out a good thing.”

Eden cleared his throat and paused for a moment. Sir was staring at him with his arms crossed, an inscrutable expression on his face. “Um. Callie and I started dating at school in my fifth year. We broke up over the summer temporarily because of your ultimatum, but when we got back to school, we just…clicked. Everything fell back in place. And we’ve been together ever since. We do study together. I did actually intern with her mum. And I do hang out with Finley and Chadwick as well. But Callie–Callie’s my girlfriend. And I know we want to be together for a long time.”

Silence fell between the two Harper men, with only the sound of boiling soup bubbling in the background.

Captain Harper stood up to tend to the stove without a word and brought a bowl in with a light rap on the door. He couldn’t hear the words, but he could hear voices from his parents’ room. Callie was awake and well enough for conversation. Relief. Gratitude. Peace. No matter what came next, he could breathe.

“You’re serious about this aren’t you?” His dad returned, sitting down and not even waiting for a verbal answer. ”Then what’s with this promise ring nonsense? You know you love her. She loves you. Propose.”

setting December 2055, Home || with Sir
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing comfy long sleeve and pants
status That's all there is to it.

♖♜

addaellis

Private Homes