Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Potions I ~ Introduction activity (Sept 2059) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:18 am
User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith
HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Ron made sure he made it to class in good time as today was a lab day for Potions, as in they'd be actually putting what they were learning to practical application. In all honesty, he'd been less than assertive relative to his classmates when it came to answering questions, or even speaking up, but then he was never really comfortable being the one whom everyone would be looking at. Besides, he knew from his father it didn't matter so much what you said unless one could back it up with results. Of course, Dad was a biochemist and pharmacologist, so it made sense for his proof to be, not in words, but in the pudding.

But they weren't making pudding, were they? Nope, they were making Cure for Boils Potion, and they'd be using things which wouldn't be seen in a kitchen (at least he hoped so). Ron had the recipe noted down in his formulary, and he'd been doing a bit of extra study on the subject the night before, so he'd be ready for his Monday morning class. He really wanted the chance to show Professor Verine that just because he was the quiet one whom didn't necessarily say a lot in class or ask many questions didn't mean he was a duffer.

Ron also hoped Aria would partner up with him; it was always nice and a little more fun to work with a friend.

Once he had his ingredients set up in the order they were to be put in the cauldron, Ron set the water to a boil. As he worked, he was kinda imagining that this was what Dad did at Astra-Zeneca, and he wanted to see if he had maybe a glimmer of his talent, if not his skills. Ron consulted his formulary (noting the copious warning he'd written in bright red ink so he wouldn't miss it) and had a mechanical stop watch to track time when he needed it.

Still and all, he was pretty nervous while he did his assignment, and didn't feel confident he'd done it right, until the cloud of pink smoke rolled up from the cauldron, and he carefully peered in to see a cerulean liquid therein, which as it cooled deepened in tone. Once it was cool enough to do so, Ron took it up front to the professor for examination and trial.

After all, he reasoned, the proof is in the pudding.

OOC:
mc2
Can Ron and Aria partner up?

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
♡ Aria ♡ Artemisia Rosalie League ♡
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx
Time: Fall 2053
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

By this time in the year, Aria knew with confidence one thing about Potions: she was not spectacular at it. The focus and discipline Aria had but the memory for details and patience Aria lacked. Professor Winchester might have been excited for their first potion but Aria was not. If she blew something up she could never show her face again. Luckily she said the magical words of "two to a cauldron" and Aria sought out a partner that would make up for her lacking skills. She quickly grabbed her bag and books and took a seat beside Ron. He was brilliant at stuff like this and their parents being friends meant they were friends naturally.

Aria let Ron take the lead as she merely served as a sous chef of potions of sorts. She would happily stew horned slugs and crush nettles and snake fangs if it prevented her from risking on making a disaster. She supposed everyone had their strengths and weaknesses. For Aria she was a bit weak in the potions section of her coursework. As the pink smoke rolled out and the liquid bore a distinct blue hue, Aria was smiling as Ron bottled the potion.

She held two thumbs up to her friend and whispered, "I think we got this. Or you do, at least."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Not your mother, indeed
                                                Looking for bigger, better things, are you?
                                                Well, I'm sure you'll find them in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:22 am

User Image✽❃
VERINE YSEULT WINCHESTER

55 years || Ravenclaw alumna || halfblood
Potioneer and Potions Professor

“Good morning!” Verine waved as the first years started poking around on the Monday classes started. “Bags in the back please! All you need today is your quill and some parchment!”

After giving the students some extra time to find the room, Verine stood up to greet the new batch of students. Before each student was a small setup: a potions vial with a marked number and a small clear cup with a line marked on it.

”Welcome to Hogwarts! Here is where you will develop your magical skills, and here in particular is where you’ll learn to brew and bottle magic into potions, drawing upon magical properties in herbs and parts of magical creatures to create magical effects. My name is Verine Winchester– Professor Verine, Professor Winchester–whatever is fine! I will be your potions instructor for the first three years. Now, I’m sure that you’ll have plenty of time today to do proper introductions and get to know your peers and professors, so I had a fun idea for this morning:

“First, introduce yourself to the person next to you! Chat a little bit about yourselves: What’s their name? What house are you in? What classes are you looking forward to? What’s their favorite color? That kind of thing.”

Verine picked her wand up and tapped a piece of chalk sitting in a basket by the chalkboard: the chalk flew up to write a few notes on the board as she continued introducing the activity:

“Then, when you’re ready, take a gander at the potion in front of you. Observe the potion. What does it look like? What color is it? What does it smell like?” she demonstrated a gentle wafting motion, but didn’t go all into the technique of that quite yet– they would get plenty of safety and technique training in the weeks to come, but for now she wanted to start them off excitedly. ”Then, pour yourself a small amount. Observe that it tastes like and then try to figure out what the potion’s effect is.

“Please be careful not to take too much! The line marked on the little clear up is the absolute maximum you should take. There is also water over here to wash down the taste if it’s not to…well, your taste.”
There would be no adverse effects from any of these potions, but downing potions recklessly was a poor habit to get them into. ”If anything comes up, or if there’s an accident, please don’t hesitate to call me over!”

”Board: Introduction to Potions and Observations”

1. Introduce yourselves
  2. Observe the potion
  3. Carefully taste a bit. What do you think the potion does? Why do you think such a potion would exist?
  4. Take notes, and turn in your observations by the end of class.

Potions available:
Highlight the white text next to them for what potion these are:

1.A /Volubilis potion: / Honey-yellow colored, smells sweet, and changes the drinker’s voice.
1.B /Fruit smoothie / Chunky texture and light maroon color, tastes like berries. Cools the throat and body.
1.C /Babbling Beverage/ Somewhere between red and yellow in color, smells like something playful, and causes the drinker to speak nonsense for a little bit.
1.D /Plum juice syrup Smooth, thick, richly purple potion that smells of chocolate and plums. Causes the drinker to be a little excited and warm. /
1.E /Pompion Potion/ Orange colored, smells like pumpkin, turns the drinker’s head into a pumpkin for a while
1.F /Laughing Potion (diluted)/ Pale with a very slight yellow tint. Odorless. Causes some giggling.
1.G /Jasmine Green tea/ Deep brown color, with a rich light and grassy smell and earthy tea. Calming effect, but not immediately discernible.
1.H /Hair-Raising Potion / Vivid green colored, odorless, and raises the hair up on end.
1.I /Estallos/ Stars in their Eyes (diluted)/ Deep blue color with shimmering bits of silver in it. Odorless, but tastes like something metallic. Shows the locations of where stars and planets would be like a transparency overlay in their eyes.

setting Potions Classroom, First day of class (Monday) in September 2057 || with First years
appearance 5'7", slender || wearing dark blue dress
status Hopefully this is fun!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I am the voice of the past that will always be
Filled with my sorrow and blood in my fields
I am the voice of the future, bring me your peace
Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal
✽❃
"The Voice" by Celtic Woman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Potions Class
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Potions Testing
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? My cheeks hurt from laughing!

Tàmhas hurried into potions, excited to start in the class. He'd already read a bit into the class textbook, so he was at least a teeny bit prepared. Once he walked in, the teacher said their bags should go in the back and all they'd need would be quills and parchment. Tam instead came out with his lucky pen and a messy-edged notebook. Close enough. He was determined to eventually figure out how to work quills.

Next, he saw people pairing up, so he looked around to see where he wanted to go. Luckily, he spotted a familiar head of fiery hair. "Áedán! Áedán! Dae ye want tae be partners? It micht be nice tae pair up together." He grinned brightly, moving to sit beside his friend once he got the go-ahead. He tilted his head while examining the potion in front of him. It was different than the one Áedán had. Actually, looking around, it seemed like there were a bunch of different ones. Weird.

The teacher - Professor Verine Winchester - started up a greeting and a nice speech about the class. Tam vaguely wondered if she practiced her speech in the mirror that morning, or if she'd had it memorized for a while. They were told to introduce themselves, but Tam and Áedán were already pals. Then again, Tam wasn't one to disobey rules. With a vivid grin, he turned to his friend, offering his hand for a handshake. "Och, awrite thaur! Aam Tàmhas Neacel Ghobhainn an' we're gonna be best pals!" He shook his friend's hand (with an exaggerated flourish, of course), then started on the rest. "Fur lae. Aam excited fur thes class an' also th' a body wi' th' magic animals we gie in a few years. Mah favorite colur is gray, bit also green." He pondered a moment, making sure there were no further questions.

Now it was time for the actual class. They were told to examine their potions, then drink them to see what they did. Tam, worried about his luck, was rather unsure about this challenge. What if he got something crazy weird? But, he figured his best bet would be to trust Missus Professor Verine Winchester. "Okay. Sae mine is bonnie clear. Mebbe a teeny bit yello'. Doesnae reek ay anythin'. Mebbe it's jist water wi' dye? Woods she dae 'at, jist tae rockit us?" He looked over at Áedán's bottle, which looked an awful bit sparkly. He poured his potion into the cup, careful to watch the amount. Before he drank it, he offered his cup out to do a little clink, while happily saying "Cheers!" He then quaffed down the drink, wrinkling his nose as he tried to figure it out. It certainly wasn't water....

It was about then that life just... became so wonderfully humorous. Tam started tittering, wondering what his brain must've thought was funny. He didn't even think about a silly joke! But things just got funnier, and Tam's giggles became louder and wilder. His eyes sparkled with mirth, cheeks tinging pink as he laughed. Man, he had no clue what was funny, but it was impossible to stop. After a moment, his laugh stopped making sound, instead an airy inhale as tears lined his lashes. He laid his head on the table for a second, still wheezing away. Green eyes peeked up to look over at Áedán, which just made Tam laugh harder.

{{Wearing :: School Uniform}}
          trickblues
          #43B3AE
          Áedán

addaellis

I, I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ
          Wʜʏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ
          Gᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ
          Tʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ
          Gᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ
          Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          I'ᴍ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴠɪʙᴇ
          I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:19 pm
User Image
User Image
Now i don’t want to feel the way i do
I’m screaming at myself now
Looking for a way out

User Image

Halfblood | First Year Slytherin | Eleven Years Old
Art Club
Autumn 2057 Potions Class With: Classmates
Wearing: School Robes Status: "So pretty..."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Áedán was amongst the first to class that morning, greeted by a kind and cheerful looking woman that seemed to be the professor. He followed her instructions, leaving his plain, black backpack in the back of the room and bringing only his parchment, quill, and ink to a seat in one of the middle rows. He rested his elbow on the table, and propped his chin in his hand as he listened. The woman introduced herself as Professor Winchester, then explained the task of the day: Introductions and drinking potions. A part of him wondered if chugging down unidentified liquids was the best idea, but then again, Áedán considered himself more of a hands-on learner. It didn't get more hands-on than that.

A familiar voice called his name. Not moving from his spot, he glanced up to see his friend Tàmhas with the biggest grin on his face. An amused smirk peaked out from behind Áedán's hand as he nodded in agreement to Tàm's request to be partners. "Sure."

He didn't think the introductions would be necessary, considering he had already met Tàm. Yet on the boy went, spouting off his full name and claiming they'd be the best of friends. Áedán gave a laugh at that, smiling and taking his hand, humoring him with the animated shake. He couldn't help it--Tàm's energy was infectious! "Áedán Evander MacInnes," he replied, "An' I'm looking forward to it." Tàmhas then went on with the rest of the instructions, talking about a class with magical creatures and his favorite color. Áedán had to think on it, only vaguely knowing about what classes would be awaiting them in the coming years. "My favorite's probably brown, but green's good too. So's orange, and... I haven't really thought about the classes too much. I'd like to learn about the animals too, I think. I like Charms, so far..."

They moved on to their actual classwork, and Áedán took notes while Tàmhas talked about his potion. He looked around at the other potions, and then briefly at Professor Winchester when asked if she might have some fakes in the mix. "Maybe. One of them kind of looks like a smoothie." Tàm's could be watered down lemonade, maybe. Or piss. But while he wouldn't put it past Professor Winchester to have some fake potions, he doubted she'd be giving them bodily fluids. Pouring his own vial into a cup, he was positive that his was magical. It was dark blue, and shimmered, but he didn't smell anything unusual. "What do you think these are gonnae do?" He asked, then clinked his cup with Tàm's when prompted. 'He's right. Only one way to find out...' Áedán shot down his potion with a grimace. "Eugh. It tastes like metal."

There wasn't an immediate effect, so far as he could tell. 'Maybe it really doesn't do anything?' he wondered, but his thoughts were interrupted by an eruption of giggles beside him. "Tàm?" He looked at him, an amused smile tugging at his lips as the giggles only got worse. "I don't know what you're laughing about. Can't be the metal. Did I miss something?" Whatever he was on about, it must have been nice. Tàmhas was positively sparkling.

'Wait,' he thought, 'That can't be right.'

Áedán rubbed his eyes. When he opened them again, he frowned. The shimmers were worse. "You're sparkling. You see it too, right?" He lay his hand on Tàm's shoulder while the other boy struggled to recover. The glitter covered his hand, cluing him in that it wasn't just him. Áedán then looked over Tàm's head at the wall behind him. Still, there were sparkles in his vision. "It's like--It's like a glitter bomb's gone off in my eyes." Mostly silver and white, but also bits of green, yellow, red, and blue. He looked up at the ceiling, then over his shoulder behind him as the gears turned in his head. There was a familiar pattern behind him that he knew as The Plough constellation. 'Ursa Major,' popped into his head. He thought it odd, but then it happened again when he spotted another bundle of stars that formed a zig-zagging pattern with faint lines connecting them. 'Lacerta.' He didn't know that one, but right now he did. "Oh." It must have been the effects of the potion. Áedán probably could have kept looking for hours, in sheer awe of all the stars. He turned his attention back to Tàmhas, and when he did, the shift in focus twisted his stomach. "You can see space with this one, but it kind of... Messes with you. It's like when you try on someone's glasses, and their eyesight's really different from yours." It wasn't terrible, but Áedán found himself hoping it would wear off soon. As pretty as it all was, it was a bit of a headache.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

Addaellis

I lie to me
I say everything’s gonna be alright
Like i’m that naive

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Potions Class
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Potions Testing
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? My cheeks hurt from laughing!

Tàmhas cackled happily, the potion making the world a bright, cheery place for a moment. Áedán asked what was so funny, but that just made Tàm laugh harder. Tears sat on the brunette's lashes as he struggled to get a word out otherwise. Something about his friend asking what was going on was simply so hilarious that he couldn't stop laughing. "No it's...." he stopped, breaking down into a fit of giggles.

Áedán mentioned that Tam was sparkling, but Tam didn't see it at all. He shook his head, wiping his eyes with the sleeves of his sweater. How did Áedán not find this all absolutely delightful? "Sp-sparkling! Absolute madness!" He managed to wheeze out, before laying his head atop his desk, body still shaking with laughter. It was starting to hurt his cheeks... and lungs. Maybe they should've switched drinks...

{{Wearing :: School Uniform}}
          trickblues
          #43B3AE
          Áedán

addaellis

I, I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ
          Wʜʏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ
          Gᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ
          Tʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ
          Gᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ
          Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          I'ᴍ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴠɪʙᴇ
          I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:48 am

User Image✽❃
VERINE YSEULT WINCHESTER

57 years || Ravenclaw alumna || halfblood
Potioneer and Potions Professor

“Good morning!” Verine waved as the first years started poking around on the Monday classes started. “Bags in the back please! All you need today is your quill and some parchment!”

After giving the students some extra time to find the room, Verine stood up to greet the new batch of students. Before each student was a small setup: a potions vial with a marked number and a small clear cup with a line marked on it.

”Welcome to Hogwarts! Here is where you will develop your magical skills, and here in particular is where you’ll learn to brew and bottle magic into potions, drawing upon magical properties in herbs and parts of magical creatures to create magical effects. My name is Verine Winchester– Professor Verine, Professor Winchester–whatever is fine! I will be your potions instructor for the first three years. Now, I’m sure that you’ll have plenty of time today to do proper introductions and get to know your peers and professors, so I had a fun idea for this morning:

“First, introduce yourself to the person next to you! Chat a little bit about yourselves: What’s their name? What house are you in? What classes are you looking forward to? What’s their favorite color? That kind of thing.”

Verine picked her wand up and tapped a piece of chalk sitting in a basket by the chalkboard: the chalk flew up to write a few notes on the board as she continued introducing the activity:

“Then, when you’re ready, take a gander at the potion in front of you. Observe the potion. What does it look like? What color is it? What does it smell like?” she demonstrated a gentle wafting motion, but didn’t go all into the technique of that quite yet– they would get plenty of safety and technique training in the weeks to come, but for now she wanted to start them off excitedly. ”Then, pour yourself a small amount. Observe that it tastes like and then try to figure out what the potion’s effect is.

“Please be careful not to take too much! The line marked on the little clear up is the absolute maximum you should take. There is also water over here to wash down the taste if it’s not to…well, your taste.”
There would be no adverse effects from any of these potions, but downing potions recklessly was a poor habit to get them into. ”If anything comes up, or if there’s an accident, please don’t hesitate to call me over!”

”Board: Introduction to Potions and Observations”

1. Introduce yourselves
  2. Observe the potion
  3. Carefully taste a bit. What do you think the potion does? Why do you think such a potion would exist?
  4. Take notes, and turn in your observations by the end of class.

Potions available:
Highlight the white text next to them for what potion these are:

1.A /Volubilis potion: / Honey-yellow colored, smells sweet, and changes the drinker’s voice.
1.B /Fruit smoothie / Chunky texture and light maroon color, tastes like berries. Cools the throat and body.
1.C /Babbling Beverage/ Somewhere between red and yellow in color, smells like something playful, and causes the drinker to speak nonsense for a little bit.
1.D /Plum juice syrup Smooth, thick, richly purple potion that smells of chocolate and plums. Causes the drinker to be a little excited and warm. /
1.E /Pompion Potion/ Orange colored, smells like pumpkin, turns the drinker’s head into a pumpkin for a while
1.F /Laughing Potion (diluted)/ Pale with a very slight yellow tint. Odorless. Causes some giggling.
1.G /Jasmine Green tea/ Deep brown color, with a rich light and grassy smell and earthy tea. Calming effect, but not immediately discernible.
1.H /Hair-Raising Potion / Vivid green colored, odorless, and raises the hair up on end.
1.I /Estallos/ Stars in their Eyes (diluted)/ Deep blue color with shimmering bits of silver in it. Odorless, but tastes like something metallic. Shows the locations of where stars and planets would be like a transparency overlay in their eyes.

setting Potions Classroom, First day of class (Monday) in September 2058 || with First years
appearance 5'7", slender || wearing something from her closet
status Hopefully this is fun!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I am the voice of the past that will always be
Filled with my sorrow and blood in my fields
I am the voice of the future, bring me your peace
Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal
✽❃
"The Voice" by Celtic Woman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:08 am
User Image
✵ Nic ✵ Nicholas Hue Hayward-Ye ✵
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx

Nic found that most kids who liked potions just liked blowing up things (the Gryffindors) or the challenge (the Ravenclaws and Slytherins). Sure there was the occasional Hufflepuff who liked potions for their own reason but one Puff never seemed like another. He was a Gryffindor but had no interest in ruining sacrifices for ingredients in a pointless explosion. You could say he was neutral on the class. He sat down not paying attention to who he sat next to and listened as the professor began class. It seemed simple enough even though he didn't like drinking something he didn't know. He doubted Professor Winchester would give them something dangerous. Killing students had got to be frowned upon.

Left with the instructions and before glancing over to interact Nic began in a dry mostly disinterested voice until it came to classes, "Nic. Nicholas Hayward-Ye. Obviously I'm a Gryffindor unless I changed my uniform this morning for fun. I'm looking forward to Herbology since I got a bit of a head start and Transfiguration for the math my aunt says it has. I am really looking forward to Arithmancy but I got to wait a couple years for that. I don't have a favorite color... that is silly. I think I got the highlights Professor Winchester said." He turned to look at his companion, "What about you?"

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ah, but this nose doesn’t need to poke too far
                                                To see that behind that distrustful warning
                                                You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Open for Interaction - Feel free to be Nic's Partner xd }
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:28 pm
Oh my darling I've been missing you for quite some time
So I'm gonna lift the oceans, just to see your eyes
Oh my darling I am getting closer, hold on tight
And I, know it hasn't been so easy
I'm fighting for my life

User Image
User Image

𝖧𝗎𝖿𝖿𝗅𝖾𝗉𝗎𝖿𝖿 𝖥𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖸𝖾𝖺𝗋𝖮𝗅𝖽𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝖲𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝖠𝗆𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗎𝗋 𝖠𝗌𝗍𝗋𝗈𝗇𝖺𝗎𝗍

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ Su had mixed feelings about potions. Ideally, potions was a class in which by learning the different properties and reactions of different ingredients and following the proper protocols and recipes, one would reap great rewards. Totally doable. On the other hand, potions was one of the few subjects she knew of wherein if one didn't throw a slug into a specifically metal'd cauldron at the proper 45.7% angle then the whole thing could either not work (best result) or start a nuclear reaction (worst result. All of this to say, she was stressed. At least it was in the morning, that way she wouldn't have to hold her pit of anxiety the entire day. When she arrived to the classroom she took the first seat she saw was empty and was immediately curious of the (hopefully) completed potion sitting in front of them. Dilemma number one: was she supposed to automatically know this potion? The was a dragon sized pop quiz and she had not a flute in site to tame it. A sigh unconsciously escaped her as she pulled out her notebook and quill for just in case purposes.

Thankfully, according to the professor, Su was being tasked to observe and report while also introducing herself to their classmate. They had barely just turned to face them when a bored voice started on about their name, house, and some odd facts. They quirked an eyebrow at his tone about having a favorite color (eleven was a bit early in their mind to try being edgy but to each their own).
                                                "I'm Souleymane Afolayan but I prefer Su. I'm a Hufflepuff but I could also Ravenclaw or a Slytherin I suppose if I borrowed the right tie. I'm also looking forward to Herbology because I enjoy working outside but I'm really interested in Astronomy. I love learning about stars and I think planetary arrangements and their correlations is scarily fascinating. I'm pretty sure my favorite color is navy blue, which really doesn't help my house case does it?" Su gave a slight grin as she lightly poked fun at Nic's earlier words before she gave her attention back to the potion. "So...smell anything?" she asked lamely.

I could be a warrior, yes I am a warrior
There's no need to worry love
Look around it's glorious
Close your eyes and taste the sun
You know where to find me
(I know where to find!)

mc2

User Image

mc2 generated a random number between 1 and 9 ... 5!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:26 am
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx

Souleymane Afolayan. Or Su. Definitely Su, besides she preferred it. Her full name was a mouthful and that was coming from someone with two last names even if his dad's was only two letters. His lips quirked a bit of a smile as she joked about her house continuing the joke he started. "Ravenclaw or Slytherin but definitely not Gryffindor? What's wrong with being a lion?" He allowed her to continue though as he listened to her speak on classes (a fellow Herbology lover) and about her favorite color.

"Well if you ever need a partner in herbology, I wouldn't mind joining you," Nic said his tone dropping his dry disinterest and sounding more sincere. As cynical as he was he didn't care to have a bad attitude forever. He might still be easy to cross but he did want to have a good relationship with his classmates if he could so long as they weren't a jerk.

Pausing he evaluated Su and asked, "Why navy blue? Most people don't pick a color at random. I suppose that doesn't matter for now. We should figure out this potion." He studied the orange colored liquid and wafted the smell towards him. It smelled like the pumpkins in the patch his Dad grew last year. Around that time he and his Dad were finally bonding more. He remembered the rich dirt between his fingers and talking quidditch while the nymphs flitted in the trees behind him. It was a good memory but the pumpkin stood out. "Smells like it looks to me. Pumpkin orange. Pumpkin scented. What do you think?"

You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Random Number to decide potion.}
                                                Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:23 pm
I'm fighting for my life

User Image
User Image

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ Su snickered softly at Nic's prodding about not wanting to be a Gryffindor. "Nothing! I'm sure the tower is great for stargazing, but I've heard better things about the others' common rooms." She also figured she didn't have the social meter to be a lion but didn't want to say so out loud. She happily agreed with his offer to partner in Herbology noting the lack of "dark and edgy" in his voice. So it really was a phase. Neat! They hmm'd at his question of her favorite color but it seemed innocent enough. "It's the colors of the flowers in my grandparent's garden. Theirs is where I spend allot of time in so I just sorta associate the color with one my favorite things." they responded with a slight shrug. This logic would apply to her sister's avatars but they change their skins on an almost weekly basis.

Su agreed though that they should focus their attentions on the orange colored potion in front of them. After Nic's general consensus that the potion looked and smelled like pumpkin, she wrote down these observations before doing the same wafting gesture and agreeing. "I smell pumpkin too. Do you think it'll taste like pumpkin as well?" It was a sort of serious question now that she said it aloud. Potions weren't known for their spectacular taste so she was getting very off vibes from this one. She grabbed two of the clear cups filling them exactly to the line slowly to ensure no spillage then passed one to Nic. "Bottoms up I guess." She grimaced only a little before deciding to take it all in one go hopeful the taste wouldn't get to her. She failed but she also didn't die which was a point in her favor. Her head however did feel a bit heavy all of a sudden and she had the strangest urge to sneeze. She raised a hand to stop it but failed but instead of gross after-sneeze she found....seeds? Pumpkin seeds?!

(I know where to find!)

mc2

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:08 am
User Image
xxxxxxxxx

Nic laughed at Su's assessment of the Gryffindor common room, "Fair enough. It is probably a bit loud to focus on much for most people anyways." He smiled though it faltered for a moment at her honesty. The truthfulness was surprising to him and he felt he had not earned it. "Thank you for your honesty," he said seriously at a loss on what else to say. Thinking about her logic green would be his favorite color - all shades as it reminded him of the succulents in his room, the trees his father grew and profited off, the trees of the New Forest surrounding them, and the backdrop to his Ye grandparents' garden.

Their focus turned on the potion. "Hard to say but worth tasting I suppose. I don't think a professor would purposely poison us." Nic paused just a moment as Su handed him the cup. He supposed it was cowardly but he didn't drink as quick as Su did. Honestly he was thankful he didn't when he saw what happened to Su. Her head was a pumpkin! She just sneezed pumpkin seeds! It was poison. Definitely poison. Weird poison but still poison. Nic's eyes grew large and he quickly shoved his cup away from him. Rushing to his book, he exclaimed, "Bloody Hell! Don't worry I'm sure there is a solution... just give me a few minutes - I know that is asking a lot but I need it." He had already began flipping through his book feverishly. He supposed he could ask the professor but he honestly did not trust her at the moment.

You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Random Number to decide potion.}
                                                Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:36 am
I'm fighting for my life

User Image
User Image

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ Su was slightly taken aback at Nic's sudden seriousness but he was also very sincere so she didn't think much of it. Maybe favorite color meanings had some importance to him, to each their own. She couldn't help but snort though at his thinking that the professor wouldn't purposely poison them because honestly, what would she even get out of it? However after she had ingested the potion, sneezed pumpkin seeds of all things, and see her partner flipping furiously through his textbook saying he was going to fix her...well maybe he was on to something. "What's wrong?!" She was trying to remain calm because you can't find solutions when you freak out, but it's harder in practice when she didn't know why Nic was acting as if she was about to drop dead at any moment! Placing the seeds on the table, she rubbed a hand under her nose to check for bleeding and gave a sigh of relief when she found none. Though she did see a weird reflection off of her glass. It made it look like her head was massive! Massive and...orange? Su quickly grabbed the glass and held it out from her body to try and get a full image of her person.

"Oh. I'm a pumpkin." she whispered with dread. Touching their face, it was with morbid clarity that despite it's look, her face still felt like a face though it did have a rougher texture. Merlin, she didn't even want to know what the hair situation was like! "This is...is it permanent you think? No...no it can't be. She wouldn't risk her job turning kids into pumpkins that's stupid.." Stupider than drinking a potion you had no idea about? Whelp. "Is it cannibalism to be craving pumpkin pie?" Su blurted out. But it was an important question! Pumpkin pie was one of the few pumpkin flavored treats she enjoyed!

(I know where to find!)

mc2

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:32 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxxx

When Su asked what was wrong Nic paled as she came to the realization she was a pumpkin, "More accurately your head is a pumpkin. The rest of you looks fine from what I can see." It wasn't like he was going to ask her to pull up her robes or anything. Having a pumpkin anything when you weren't a pumpkin was problem enough as is. As Su asked if it was permanent and questioned the stupidity of turning people into pumpkins permanently, Nic answered as he glanced up from his book, "I hope it isn't permanent. As for stupidity..." his voice grew dark as he replied, "never underestimate people's levels of stupidity."

He returned to his book as he looked through the glossary of the book looking for "pumpkin". Suddenly Su was asking about cannibalism and pumpkin pie. He looked up at her as well she did have the pumpkin for a head that she did, "What? Your. head. is. a. pumpkin. You are suddenly craving desert? What is wrong with you? Maybe it is a side effect of the poison that crazy bat shoved at us."

You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:46 am
I'm fighting for my life

User Image
User Image

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ Su wanted to roll her eyes (she still had those right?...right) at Nic's somewhat flippant response that only her head was a pumpkin. She supposed somewhere down the line that'd be helpful but not ruddy right then and there. Curious about just how far this goes, she reached around her head for her glasses not finding them but still being able to see. Were they fused to her head? Could that be the only positive in this entire situation?? They ignored his regressing dark theme about never underestimating stupidity to actually roll their eyes at his exclamation about her supposed crazed thinking. "It's the only thing keeping me calm at the moment, alright? Either thinking esoterically or freaking out and probably hindering both of us from figuring this out. If it helps, nothing hurts and no my head doesn't feel heavier. Also, do you still see my glasses? I can't really feel them." They turned to fully facing Nic still using her fingers to feel up the odd ridges now adorning her head.

(I know where to find!)

mc2

User Image

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff