Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Winchester Estate Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:06 pm
User Image
This is the home of the Winchester Family, located in Winchester, England.
pro scientia atque sapientia
For knowledge and wisdom

This thread also serves as the other residences of families vaguely related to the Winchester Family, as convenient.

On the estate grounds are the mansion, with a pool, sizeable garden, and greenhouse in the back. The Siddall Estate is across a narrow creek; Sleeper’s Hill street is just down the lane to the south-west. To the north are tree-spotted fields, some of which belongs to the estate. Across the fields are Melbury Lodge, a muggle inpatient ward, and the University of Winchester.

The estate runs primarily off magic, although there is infrastructure in place to support most modern technology, particularly on the ground floor and in the ballroom, which occasionally hosts muggle- welcoming events. Access to other areas are warded with spells to confound and redirect muggles, including one that masks Kethia as a falcon; protective wards surround the estate, redirecting Floo and apparition attempts to the Great Room.

Muggle Address: 46 Sleeper’s Hill, Winchester
Muggle phone line exists, though is infrequently used.
Muggle post delivered by the gate

Floo Address: "Winchester Estate”
Apparation welcome to the Great Room
Owls welcome

Garden floor
User Image

Back/ ballroom access. Includes a ballroom, den, potions lab, and offices. Connected to the Guest Wing.

Ground floor
User Image

User ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser Image
Main entrance. Opens out to the veranda and veranda ramp in the back.
Dining/ Living space, Kitchen, Great Room, Library

Second floor

User ImagexUser Imagex
User ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser Imagex
Residential Floor
Master bedroom, Master Bath
Wren, Sparrow II, Robin, Phoebe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:07 pm
Residents:
WREN: Home (probably garden) / Ollivander's / Blood Moon/
NIMBUS: Home (probably the lab) / Bouquets and Bowtruckles / MagiScouts

SPARROW II: Home / Hobgoblin Theatre / A Friend’s place

PIPER: Gardening / Reading

ROBIN: Home / Hogwarts / Foundation Offices
FLICK: Home / Finley's / Grandparent Knapp's
PHOEBE: Home / Asking questions/ Library
AELLA: Home / Playing in the Ballroom
AMBROSE: Home / Doing things
QUARK: Asleep / Making a Mess

pets
DUNCE: Napping / Eating / Following Wren
FRANCESCA: Napping / Hunting / Following Nim
HESTIA: Delivering mail / Trying to sleep / Judging you  

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:08 pm
User Image

• The house was established in the 1930s by a young Eliam Winchester; an annex wing was added in 2019 to accommodate guests. This wing was later turned into the offices for the Foundation.
  • Every few months the family hosted wizarding charity events at the mansion’s ballroom.
  • The mansion was partially destroyed by the Fiendfyre curse in December 2054 during the Winchester Massacre.

• The wifi network is "Winchester Estate", password "nowires4K3th1@". It occasionally doesn’t work, but not because Kethia chews wires.
  • English is the primary language spoken, although bits of Korean, Mandarin or Taiwanese are heard occasionally and there are snippets of Latin and Ancient Runes in the library.
  • Piper is a free elf only a few years older than Wren and very sweet by contrast.

• Dunce, Wren's cat, is always with him, and usually begging for food.
  • Francesca Nim's adder, is usually sleeping or in the garden or slithering about.
  • Hestia, Sparrow's owl, is one of a few owls that call the Estate home.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:00 am

User Image User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

10 years || Homeschooled || pureblood
”You will need to rebuild”

Summer started, which meant there were more people at the Library. Unfortunate, because Robin was off on another journey. This summer, xe was going to be visiting with a distant American cousin-- Scytharia Blackwood was now the owner of Terror Tours, and she was going to be planning a new tour. Robin had seen this journey as an opportunity to travel and get to know more about a family member xe rarely got to talk to-- it would be an interesting few weeks at least!

Xer door was open as usual. Sparrow’s voice could be heard as she and Piper sang in the room down the hall. Wren was at work, and Phoebe was...probably playing with Flick and Grandmoo and Grandpa. Mum and Dad were due back any minute, and Robin jotted a note to remind someone to water xer new fruit trees.

Xe was wondering who would be the best candidate to ask for such a favor, when a volunteer wandered into xer room.

setting Robin's Room (next to Wren's), mid-June 2054 || with Just xem for now
appearance 4’1” spindly || wearing One in a Melon shirt + jean shorts
status Who would be a responsible gardner?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Now I'll try,
I just want time
Wait again,
I will be much better then
Holding on, I said:
“I will be much better, then”

❧❦
~"Look at the Sky” by Porter Robinson.

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:45 pm
gaia_angelleft Flick Knapp gaia_angelright
6 Years Old
Future Activites

User Image
"A, B, C, D, E, F, G. Why does everyone leave me?"

Flick had been living with the Winchesters for almost a year now. He thought that his dad had bribed the Winchesters into being nice, but he wasn't sure. If anything though, they did seem to accept Flick, no matter what. It was a nice change to not have to play pretend all the time, like he had to do when he was with mama, but had felt like a boy not a little girl.

The sad part of the Winchester estate though, was it was too large and not a lot of kids to play with. Even worse, Flick's role-model Robin was going to be leaving soon. Flick loved Robin, xe used funny words, but it was nice to be loved still. Flick decided, today he would spend the day with Robin. He went running, hoping not to be caught by any grumpy old people, then when entering Robin's room, ran and flopped onto Robin's bed, ruffling everything on the bed.

“How long are you gonna be gone for Robin? I miss you already.”

"Q, R, S, T, U V, W, X, Y, Z. Maybe they don't want me."

Setting: Robin's Room
Thinking about: Its so lonely
Description: wearing black shorts, white tank top, hair in a ponytail

addaellis

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:54 pm

User Image User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

Flick ran in, flopping on xer bed, flumping the various coats and outfits laid out. With a start, Robin glanced up, shaking xer head at his ruffling around. ” Just a couple weeks,” Robin replied. ”Scythe said she’s just going to check out a few camping trails and explore a few ruins. So a week or so, maybe two.”

Xe flashed Flick a reassuring smile and stood up to pat him gently on the head. ”I’m sorry you can’t come,” xe added quietly. Xe knew it was partially because Flick was young and Scythe only had room for one other, but xe still wished there was something xe could do. Xe didn’t want Flick to be lonely. Preventing that...well, maybe if he was busy , he wouldn't have time to be lonely. Maybe the right thing to do would be to make sure Flick had plenty to do and play here.

”I...I’m not really that interesting. But if you miss me, you could ask Sparrow to act like me?” xe offered. ”Actually, could you do me a favor? Remember when we planted the fruit trees in the back a few months ago? Can you check on them every so often while I’m gone? I know Mum is going to be busy and I’m just worried she’ll forget. If you need help or don’t know what to do, you can ask Wren or his friends.” Granted, Eliana rarely forgot to take care of the garden, but Robin’s modus operandi was usually to worry. Plus this way Flick might spend more time with Wren and his friends, or Sparrow and her friends.

What else might distract him from loneliness?

setting Robin's Room (next to Wren's), mid-June 2054 || with Just xem for now
status I hope he doesn't get lonely...

Now I'll try,
I just want time
Wait again,
Holding on, I said:

❧❦

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:55 pm
gaia_angelleft Flick Knapp gaia_angelright
6 Years Old
Future Activites

User Image
"A, B, C, D, E, F, G. Why does everyone leave me?"

Flick sighed, a couple of weeks was forever. Everything could change in a few hours, even more could change in a couple of weeks. He had experienced that for himself plenty of times already, and wished things would never change, that time would never go. Robin had kept talking, and had asked about trees. Flick grinned, "Yes! I can take care of them! I don't need no help from Wren or his friends. I'm a growned up, and can do it all on my own. “ He paused and frowned, but what if there was trouble? Flick whispered, "I might ask the girl that has plants in her hair. Penny?“ She would probably know what to do with the trees if some disaster struck, plus the owls could probably find her, but Flick would write a few, just to be sure one of them got to her...if she needed help.

"Why do we call you a Xe, when I go between he or she, but Sparrow says she's a she, and Wren says he's a he?“ The randomness of the question didn't phase Flick, it's what was on his mind at the moment, so he was rolling with it.

"Q, R, S, T, U V, W, X, Y, Z. Maybe they don't want me."

Setting: Robin's Room
Thinking about: Its so lonely
Description: wearing black shorts, white tank top, hair in a ponytail

addaellis

Quote:

Notes: Calls Winchester parents Aunt Eliana and Uncle Cohen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:19 pm

User Image User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

Robin smiled a little, concern still etched between xer eyes when Flick declared confidently that he was all grown up and knew how to take care of the trees.

”Aspen!” Robin recognized, a light blush dusting xer cheeks. ”Aspen’s my friend too! She’s friends with Wren and Sparrow too! She’s really nice.”

Xe returned to packing, folding and rolling a few pairs of pants and a warm dress to use as pajamas. Robin wasn’t exactly sure what to expect, but thankfully magic meant that they could pack more or less anything for any scenario. Xe was about to ask about maybe signing up for a dance class when Flick jumped in with a question so random that Robin had to pause for a moment. Then again Flick was like Sparrow-- always up to something new!

Robin had to think about xer reply. ”Why...well, Wren’s a boy and Sparrow’s a girl, and you’re sometimes a girl and sometimes a boy. And same with me. I’m sometimes more a boy and sometimes more a girl. When they found out, Sparrow and her friends said I was called genderfluid and could use they.

“It...you know how in chinese it’s all the same? 他 and 她 are both just “tā”.”
Xe said, tracing the symbols in the air so Flick could see. "Sometimes people use X也 in writing. But it’s all pronounced the same. So...yeah. Part of me wonders why we can’t all be xe and why everything isn’t just one pronoun. What is gender anyway? But...it seems there’s some history behind pronouns and genders and gender roles and all that. Maybe it’s not useful anymore, but humans are creatures of history. And languages are constantly adapting. Maybe if Jesus were around today, He’d use Xe to better capture what God as Human looks like. I dunno. But there’s something individual and neat about people having different pronouns, don’t you think? It’s like different nicknames, but you can share those nicknames with so many people in the world.

“So when it comes to me...well I liked the x in X也?”

Xe sighed. Xe was blessed to grow up with a family that supported xer gender, whatever it happened to be. Flick had not been. ”Do you want to know a secret?”

setting Robin's Room (next to Wren's), mid-June 2054 || with Flick
status I hope he doesn't get lonely...

Now I'll try,
I just want time
Wait again,
Holding on, I said:

❧❦

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:45 am

User Image📖🔖
ANTHONY CLYDE JACOBSON

81 years || Hufflepuff Alumnus
Head Librarian
United Kingdom Library of Wizarding History & Literature

A few minutes ago, Anthony had been enjoying the party with his wife and granddaughter. Sparrow the first excused herself for a moment to greet someone else, and Anthony stopped by upstairs in the Great Room where Hobby and Piper were having their own little party with Flick and Phoebe. “Having fun?”

“Yup!” Phoebe replied, looking up from their game. ”Is it time for cake?”

”Just about. Flick, do you and Phoebe want to head down?”

”Okay! Piper, Can I get you a slice?” Phoebe asked the little elf, who nodded.

Anthony wandered through the kitchen to get the cake, overhearing Sparrow chatting with someone in the hall briefly before appearing. ”Wren’s friend is here but he still isn’t,” she pouted. ”He still has to come make a speech at least right?”

”He’ll be here,” Anthony assured.

Suddenly, the ground rumbled. Anthony nearly dropped the cake, as he grabbed a pillar for support. Sparrow grabbed onto the leg of the dining table. ”Earthquake!”

But earthquakes didn’t leave the scent of fire in its wake, and the screaming from downstairs wasn’t stopping. Anthony felt his stomach drop as another shake rocked the estate.

”Is that…smoke?”

Anthony didn’t have time to respond before a third roar reached them. The ground shook. An explosion burst through the kitchen floor. A pillar of fire shot through, turning into a giant tongue of flame with the face of a manticore. ”RUN!”

Anthony felt heat searing the hair on his arms as he grabbed Sparrow. Piper came tottering in and he grabbed her as well. ”RUN!” he repeated, pushing them forward as he felt the ground falling away.

Anthony felt something in his leg twist as he rolled down a piece of debris. He drew his wand, casting spells at the fire as he staggered to his feet. Nothing seemed to work. He turned his wand on the wall nearest, blasting a hole through instead. ”This way!” he called, ushering a survivor through.

He coughed, choking on the ash and picking his way through, trying to find anyone alive. He passed by a pair of bodies– Wolfgang and Barbara Olson, he realized, and shook them for signs of life. Nothing. The burn damage alone didn’t give him much hope. He pressed forward casting shielding spells that sizzled away almost immediately.

Through the flames, he saw his wife’s wheelchair. metal already mangled.”Sparrow? Sparrow!” he called. Anthony squinted through the fire at a figure in the smoke who also had their wand drawn. ”Cohen? Verine?”

He moved another chunk of rubble aside, calling out. Phoebe was clutching a young man– Wren’s friend, Anthony recalled— and another stranger was bearing down towards them. Anthony put himself in the stranger’s path, wand raised and eyes narrowed. ”Get her out safely,” he shot back. ”Go!”

setting Winchester Estate, December 29th, 2054 || with Awstin, Phoebe, the Illusionist
wearing cardigan and slacks, singed. || status Attackers? At Home??

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166

🇸​🇭​🇪​🇪​🇹​🇸​ 🇦​🇷​🇪​ 🇸​🇼​🇦​🇾​🇮​🇳​🇬​ 🇫​🇷​🇴​🇲​ 🇦​🇳​ 🇴​🇱​🇩​ 🇨​🇱​🇴​🇹​🇭​🇪​🇸​🇱​🇮​🇳​🇪​
🇱​🇮​🇰​🇪​ 🇦​ 🇷​🇴​🇼​ 🇴​🇫​ 🇨​🇦​🇵​🇹​🇺​🇷​🇪​🇩​ 🇬​🇭​🇴​🇸​🇹​🇸​ 🇴​🇻​🇪​🇷​ 🇩​🇪​🇦​🇩​ 🇬​🇷​🇦​🇸​🇸​
🇼​🇦​🇸​ 🇳​🇪​🇻​🇪​🇷​ 🇲​🇺​🇨​🇭​, 🇧​🇺​🇹​ 🇼​🇪​ 🇲​🇦​🇩​🇪​ 🇹​🇭​🇪​ 🇲​🇴​🇸​🇹​
🇼​🇪​🇱​🇨​🇴​🇲​🇪​ 🇭​🇴​🇲​🇪​
🔖📖
"Welcome Home" by Radical Face

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:20 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

seventh year || Gryffindor prefect || pureblood
Drama club director|| Music club || Order of the Stick || Quidditch announcer

”RUN.”

Sparrow stumbled as she fell. RUN.

Fire at her feet. Her body hit the ground. RUN. She scrambled to her knees. Piper flying through the air, her flower crown falling into the fire below.

There was another hole in the floor. Flames on the walls. She drew her wand to cast aguamenti. The water splashed uselessly against the fire, only prompting another burst of flame towards her.

Spells from below flew up through the smoke. Someone was dueling. Sparrow was running through the house, coughing up ash and trying to avoid the parts of the floor crackling apart.

Sona. Sona was a cursebreaker. Where–Wren. Get Wren. Wren would know what to do. Wren was supposed to be here. Wren had friends who could help.

Fire at her feet. On the walls. Around her. She was trapped by fire. Sparrow tried to remember Nim’s flat as a tendril of fire chased towards her. She held her wand arm up in a futile block.

A loud crack. Multiple cracks. The world exploded away from her. Sparrow shut her eyes. But the pain hit her in the leg, like a knife buried into her calf. Her eyes flew open to the sight of greenery and her pink wand–half there. The splintered handle of her wand was left.

“Sparrow? What happened?” Wren was shaking her. “Sparrow? Legilimens.”

Sparrow looked into her brother’s eyes and felt him searching her memory. Sparrow stuttered for a breath and choked. She coughed up ash. “F-Fire.”

setting 29 December 2054. Winchester Estate > Nimbus's Flat. || with Piper > Wren and Nim.
appearance 5'7", soft and squishy || hair color two toned and colorful, switches to undyed post-massacre || wearing Fluffy pink dress + rose gold heels
status panic

I've seen dark before
But not like this
This is cold
This is empty
This is numb
The life I knew is over
The light's are out
Hello, darkness
I'm ready to succumb

♡♥
~"The Next Right Thing" from Frozen II, sung by Kristen Bell..

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Winchester, England
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? No One
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Mass Chaos
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I don't know where to go...

After months of working with his new.... friend ... mentor ... teacher?... Awstin was prepared for their mission. Apparently there was a horrible, nasty, awful family that needed wholly removed. The issue was that his teacher couldn't be seen by these people, lest they recognized him as a force for good. Awstin was confused about the workings of things, but that was okay, he had a list of those that needed removed. Eliam, the patriarch of this wretched bloodline; Anthony, the head of their cultish religion and the one in charge of the money; Cohen and Eliana, both handlers of money, but also in charge of teaching the world of their wicked ways. Then, there was the worst group. Scytheria and Callum. They purposefully neglected their child, making someone else raise her. How dare they? Despite a bit of hesitation, The Illusionist, his teacher had promised everything would work out tonight.

Awstin donned a semi-nice outfit, one of the few he owned, then went to the Winchester Estate. Thank goodness his teacher could apparate him anywhere he needed to go. The brunette pat his pockets, a heavy knife on one side, the other containing the key to his little house and the list of those he needed to remove. Walking in, he was greeted warmly, a confusing move for Awstin. He nodded and moved further into the busy house. It seemed so.... normal. That had to be weird, right? That such a hive of wretched evil would seem so... homely?

Looking around, he realized another place this reminded him of. His childhood home. It had always seemed so lovely, but it hid the years of abuse and torment he endured. His teacher was right. This must be a home of wickedness. Hiding in a corner, he looked over the list. Hopefully no one noticed him. Spotting one of the people on his list walking off, he shoved the list back in his pocket, slinking along after the woman. He watched as she went up a flight of stairs and vanished behind a turn. Perfect. He followed, trying to be as quiet as possible. Luckily, sneaking around was a skill he learned young to avoid his father's anger. The woman seemed to be alone, perhaps just catching her breath. Perfect. His right hand sank into his pocket, coming back with his flip knife.

He'd never before had to kill a woman, a mother... but she neglected her child, right? Plus his teacher wouldn't lie to him... With a small click, his knife came open, the brunette walking forward and moving to plunge the knife in the woman's back. She cried out, probably in shock and pain, rotating to try and see what happened. Aws used a wandless cast of Silencio to make sure she wouldn't be heard. He stabbed the knife in again, this time causing the woman to sink to the floor. She wasn't dead.... but there was a new problem. Another woman was there, sitting. No, she had a wheelchair. Either way, she had definitely seen what had happened. s**t. He hadn't been as subtle as he thought. Before she could cry out, He ran forward. While the woman was struggling to defend herself, he stabbed into her as well, quickly dispatching the woman. Oh no. What if his teacher was mad about the accidental victim?

He looked down to see that he was covered in a pretty impressive splattering of blood. Shoot. He folded his knife back down and shoved it safely in his pocket, then sneaked back down the stairs. Once there, he darted to a small restroom and started trying to quickly wash himself up. Cold. Cold water was best here. He pulled off his jumper and shoved it under the sink, frantically scrubbing as the water flowed red, then pink, then finally clear enough. Luckily his jumper was pretty dark. The brunette tried to wring it out a bit so it wasn't drippy, but when he put it back on, the cold sensation took his breath away.

Awstin heard a knock at the door, then pushed it open, coming face to face with another on his list. This man was.... Callum. Perfect. With a moment of overwhelming bravery (or perhaps stupidity), Aws pulled the man in too, wild accidental magic throwing the older man against the back wall. Aws closed the door, pulling his knife out once more. "You can't just forget your kids. It's not right." Before the man could object, Awstin had closed the gap, slamming his knife down. Once, twice.... thirty-one times. Oh, yes. That felt right. He twitched a bit, feeling an almighty power chime through.

He sat on the blood-soaked floor, exhaustion of the event hitting him hard. He took a deep breath, a moment before realizing the air was starting to get hazy.... wait. It wasn't like when he felt faint. No, this was almost smoky. Cries of "Fire!!" chimed up from the other room, as Awstin realized what was going on. He pushed the bathroom door open, seeing people running frantic, orange tongues of flame lapping out as the walls succumbed to the fire. He stood in awed silence for a moment, the heat drying not only his jumper, but the fresh blood of his last victim. Blue eyes spotted his teacher, the man sending a lecherous smile as he apparated away. Wait... Awstin couldn't apparate! How was he going to escape?

Spotting a man shepherding a few young children, Aws tried to follow, coughing over the now dense smoke. The man said something... some sort of shouted command.... Get down, crawl out!" Right. That was the rules for fire safety. Awstin sank to his knees, wheezing as he struggled to push himself out of the angry heat. A moment later, someone, a man, grabbed him, shoving him outside, along with a few small children. The man then headed back into the flames, a brave denizen trying to protect his family. As he stumbled outside, a small girl that had been brought out with him held tight to his side. Awstin coughed, trying to clear the smoke. With a shaky hand, the brunette gently stroked the girl's hair, hoping to calm her enough that she'd leave.

Awstin's head started to clear up as fresh air pulled into his lungs. He realized that more people were showing up, hoping to combat the flames. He gently pushed the girl away, hoping she'd find comfort with someone else. There were plenty of onlookers and survivors around. Shoving hands into his pocket, Awstin threw the belongings, his notes, the key that protected all his earthly possessions, and of course, the blood covered knife he'd used in all the murders since his own father. Hopefully the fire would destroy everything. The boy turned and ran, darting into the sparse woods near the house. As he got a little deeper in, he realized his feet were wet. Looking down, he saw a small creek trickling through the woods. With a resolved sigh, Aws splashed through the water, following the creek as it took him away from the house. Hopefully, if he utilized the water, no one would be able to track him. After only a few moments, a shiver ripped through his body, the young man realizing that it had started snowing as he ran. No wonder he was freezing.

He tromped out of the water, shaking with cold as he tried to find a safe place to hide out. Where even was he? And more importantly, how the hell was he supposed to get home? A hand reached down, patting at his pockets for the silver key, hoping that it would provide some measure of comfort. As he pat, Aws realized nothing was there. Not in the other pocket either..... Oh no. How was he supposed to get home now? A few tears welled up in his eyes as he panicked about his safety, his belongings, and more importantly, the only place he had to call home.

There was one other place, probably closer than his little hideout. Now just to hitch a trip to Oxford... maybe the floo was still working?

{{Wearing :: Awstin}}
addaellis

Wʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ I ᴅᴏ ᴛᴏ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ? Dᴏ I ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛs ʙʟɪɴᴅʟʏ?
Dᴏ I ʜɪᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs? Aɴᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴛᴏ sᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴅᴇɴɪɴɢ?
Dᴏ I sɪᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ, ᴏʀ ᴅᴏ I ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʀᴇᴅ-ʜᴀɴᴅᴇᴅ?
Dᴏ I ᴛʀᴜsᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ꜰᴏᴏʟᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴘʜᴏɴɪɴᴇss, ᴏʀ ᴅᴏ I ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏɴᴇʟɪɴᴇss?
Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ sᴛʀᴇᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ sᴏ ᴛʜɪɴ, I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴍᴏᴠᴇs ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ
I ᴘᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴅᴀɪʟʏ ꜰᴀᴄ̧ᴀᴅᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇɴ I ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴇɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ʙʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟꜰ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:17 am

User Image User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

Smoke, ash. Flames, actively spreading. Robin could hear people screaming– Robin could do nothing but clutch baby Aella in xer arms and watch their home go up in fire. Beside xem, Flick was bawling uncontrollably. Robin was shaking, eyes blown wide with fear and confusion.

The children were huddled by the creek between the Winchester and Siddall estates. Aunt Verine had just gone back in to find other survivors. Xe wanted to run back in as well, but one look at Flick and Aella and xe knew xe hat do be brace here. You are the gardener now, xe thought. People are plants. Flick needs gardening. Besides, what could xe do against a magical fire?

Robin squeezed xer arm around Flick, shifting a squirming Aella to one arm. Xe opened xer mouth to say something, but didn’t know what to say. What even happened? One moment they were getting ready to get cake, Phoebe running ahead excitedly. The next, the floor was erupting in flames. And now xe didn’t even know if Phoebe was still–

“Aunt Verine?” xe called, hearing splashing. Taking Flick’s hand, xe jogged towards the sound of splashing water to find a drenched guest trudging their way through. Phoebe skipped across the rocks, struggling to keep up with the man.

“Phoebe! Thank God.” Phoebe hugged xem briefly. She was rattled, but more confused than fearful. “Thank you,” Robin addressed the man. Closer up, the young man’s shirt was spotted and drenched– mud and water, xe guessed. He had probably singed his clothes and was putting it out. Closer up, xe saw tears. Robin didn’t know the man, but xe had to help. This was supposed to be their guest! “Uhm. My aunt went back to help the other survivors. We can go next door to the Siddall Estate to warm up and wait for help.”

Robin didn’t exactly have another hand, but Phoebe was clinging onto the guests pants again, ignoring the water. Dark soot rained down around them, mixing with white snowfall. ”There wasn’t supposed to be fire,” she said, shivering. ”There was going to be cake. What happened?”

setting The creek between the WInchester and Siddall Estates. 29 December 2054. || with Flick, Aella. + Phoebe, guest
appearance 4’1” spindly, || wearing warm, yellow flower dress
status I have to be strong now. Whatever happens.

Now I'll try,
I just want time
Wait again,
Holding on, I said:

❧❦

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Winchester, England
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Phoebe, kids, survivors
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Mass Chaos
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hate just leaving them...

Awstin was in trouble. That much was plainly obvious. People had definitely seen him, though no one had seen him with a knife in hand. That was... good, right? He sighed, stepping the rest of the way out of the water. His shoes were practically ruined, being covered in several layers of mud and who knew what else. He tried to shake some off, annoyed by the day's turn of events. It was never supposed to be like this. He was supposed to quietly dispose of those on the list, then he'd sneak out and be apparated away. Nothing about a fire, especially not while he had still been in the building. There was no way... right?

He paused his thoughts when he heard soft footsteps coming closer, causing the young man to look frantically around, prepared for danger. Instead of possible harm, he spotted a familiar little brunette running toward him. Her little steps splashed in the icy waters, arms akimbo as she tried to maintain balance. As if on instinct, Awstin stepped over to take the girl's hand, helping her the rest of the way. He would feel awful if she got sick or hurt, after all.

Another kid, this one with blue hair, hurried over, addressing the other girl by name. Phoebe. Then they thanked Awstin, who felt a weird skip in his heart. After everything he'd done, even just that night, this kid was thanking him. Crazy. "Uh... yea. Didn't want anyone to fall in..." The blue-haired one mentioned their aunt staying back to help the survivors, causing Awstin's heart to sink. It was never supposed to be like this.

The little one, Phoebe, clung to his leg again, apparently not perturbed by the cold of his clothes. She said there wasn't supposed to be fire, but in fact, cake. He sighed, feeling a pool of tears in his eyes. No. He couldn't let himself be weak. He chose this life, and it was his. Though... normally he didn't have to see the affected kids...

"Okay. Here's our plan. We need to get you guys to safety. The Siddall Estate, you said? Can you lead us there? I can carry Phoebe so she doesn't get too wet in the creek. It's freezing out. Then once you guys are safe... I'll head to the train station." He nodded, hoping the blue-haired kid could navigate. He'd been to the Siddall Estate before, with his parents... but it had been so long.

Aws sighed softly, his breath curling up to join the smoke overhead. Carefully, he lifted Phoebe, not minding that her muddy shoes added to his messy clothes. Of course, without his key... or a ride, he wasn't going to be able to change for a while. That was okay, though. He'd had to slum it out before and he could do it again. Nodding to the blue-haired kid, he walked back toward the scene of the fire. People were still running about, tending to wounds and trying to put out the fire before the estate collapsed in full. Awstin kept his head down, hoping no one noticed who he was. Normally he'd kept out of the spotlight, but that damn case about his father had splashed his image on every newspaper for weeks. There was no escaping bad publicity, even if he'd been exonerated.

As they walked to the Siddall Estate, Aws remembered being here, forced to stand by his father's side (or in a corner alone) while the man discussed business with a bunch of other stuck-up jerks. It reminded him that those men... they deserved to die. No. Not like this... or exactly like this.... He shook his head trying to fight off the demons within. "Okay. We're here, and there are a lot of adults around. I've really got to go, but... I hope you get cake, Phoebe. I really do." He set the girl down with the others, then turned and made his escape into the crowd of people. Surely there was a train station somewhere near...

{{Wearing :: Awstin}}
addaellis

Wʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ I ᴅᴏ ᴛᴏ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ? Dᴏ I ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛs ʙʟɪɴᴅʟʏ?
Dᴏ I ʜɪᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs? Aɴᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴛᴏ sᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴅᴇɴɪɴɢ?
Dᴏ I sɪᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ, ᴏʀ ᴅᴏ I ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʀᴇᴅ-ʜᴀɴᴅᴇᴅ?
Dᴏ I ᴛʀᴜsᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ꜰᴏᴏʟᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴘʜᴏɴɪɴᴇss, ᴏʀ ᴅᴏ I ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏɴᴇʟɪɴᴇss?
Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ sᴛʀᴇᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ sᴏ ᴛʜɪɴ, I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴍᴏᴠᴇs ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ʟᴏsᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ
I ᴘᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴅᴀɪʟʏ ꜰᴀᴄ̧ᴀᴅᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇɴ I ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴇɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ʙʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟꜰ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:01 pm

User Image User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

Thankfully, the young guest had a plan, saving Robin from blabbering too much. They were going to go to the Siddall Estate. Then…he wanted to go to the train station?
“Train station?” xe asked, but nodded. Xe picked the way towards their neighbor's property, leaving home behind.

Phoebe wrapped her arms around her savior’s neck, still confused and a little upset. But this was a nice man, and he seemed safe. He seemed…to be thinking. Robin was serious. Flick was sobbing. Grandpa had been angry. Phoebe wasn’t sure how to react. She was scared. This person too seemed frightened and worried, but he was thinking. She clung onto him, watching and trembling, clinging on to the promise of cake.

Robin squeezed Flick’s hand, leading the way. Yes. This was something xe could do. Aunt Verine had said to get away. Xe had to make sure Flick and Phoebe were safe.

“We’re going to be fine,” xe said, trying to be reassuring. “People are going to be okay. Great Uncle Callum was right there, remember Flick? In a few hours he’ll be joking about how he got out of this fire without even a cool scar and telling us stories.”

Robin couldn’t know that, but it was certainly in character, and hopefully the thought of one of Callum’s silly cursebreaking tales would help. But of anyone, he had dealt with fires before! He’d get though it!

Robin’s steps naturally took them to the greenhouse, where xe were most familiar. Robin pushed the door open, shuddering from the sudden warmth. If xe peeked out behind the plants, xe could still see the smoke rising. Xe tore their gaze away, seating Flick and Phoebe with their backs towards home. As xe fussed, the boy slipped out.

Phoebe though, watched and waved as he left. “Bye Mister! Stay safe! I’ll save you a slice!”

setting The creek between the WInchester and Siddall Estates. 29 December 2054. || with Flick, Aella. + Phoebe, guest
appearance 4’1” spindly, || wearing warm, yellow flower dress
status I have to be strong now. Whatever happens.

Now I'll try,
I just want time
Wait again,
Holding on, I said:

❧❦

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:16 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

19 years || Slytherin alum || pureblood legilimens
Apprentice Wandmaker
Ollivander's

Wren picked his way through fallen shingles and burnt grass. He passed the plot of valerian he and his mother had plotted almost four years ago. That was gone now. The double redwood doors with inlaid ivory--a gift a fellow author had given to his great-grandfather or something-- was singed and cracked down the center. Inside, the foyer was rubble. Chandelier glass littered the floor and what furniture left intact was scorched. Something had exploded here. Then afterwards--the collapsing ceiling probably-- had caused the chandelier to fall. Wren had never liked that chandelier.

“Lumos.”

He found the first body on the broken stairwell. Nothing remained of them--the body was charred beyond any hope of recognition and the dusty tatters buried in the nearby ash could have been robes or rags, family or friend. Or foe. “Homenum Revelio”. There wasn’t even a blip of living mind on this floor.

Wren headed deeper into the house. Heat still radiated off twisted metal and the wood smoldered beneath his footsteps. He found a small body in the passageway leading towards the Library. Too small to be even a child, and half of their face had been seared off, but there was no mistaking the giant eyes and ears. Hobby. Wren closed his eyes, glad it seemed the surly caretaker hadn’t suffered too much before dying.

He pressed on. The ceiling and part of the walls had caved in over most of the wizarding library, but the damage wasn’t as extensive here. Most of the things looked repairable. In fact, the wards around the chamber that Eliam Winchester used were still intact, and Wren let a little bit of peach-colored hope grow as he let himself in. But the room was dark, and silent. There was neither sound nor stirring from the rocking chair. Wren cast his wand’s light across the room. The book was peacefully shut, folded beneath pale ancient skin, and his great-grandpa’s eyes were closed. Wren let the peach-color out with a sigh and continued. So much for a celebration of life.

The damage got worse again upstairs. Scorch marks similar to what he had seen in the main building belied an unstable walkway. A few reparo spells helped out, and Wren recognized splatters–blood, not ash. A fight had happened here. Finally. He recognized a twisted clump of metal as the remains of his Grandmoo Sparrow’s wheelchair. “Wingardium Leviosa,” he muttered, shifting some of the collapsed paintings and fragments of wall and roof aside. Two bodies, badly burned, but not unrecognizable. Grandmoo Sparrow and Grandma Scythe. Both were dead. Wren cast another homenum revelio then called out:

“I know you’re there. Show yourself.”

Nothing. Wren gave it a moment then pointed his wand at a dark corner not far from Grandma Scythe’s body, directly under the doorway to Sparrow’s room. “I know where you are. You have three seconds. Two...One. Re--”

"It is only Piper!” a high pitched squeak answered at the last moment. Whimpered. Wood creaked, and another small head came into view. The young house elf was covered in grime, her dress singed and torn and the crown of flowers she always wore missing.

“Show me your hands,” Wren commanded, wand still raised.

Piper unclutched her hands, revealing a ball of dust and embers. After a moment, he discerned a tiny gray head poking out. Kethia.

“What were you doing, hiding back there?”

“Grandpa Anthony told Piper to find the young Sparrow. But the fire was already here. Young Sparrow fell outside, Grandpa saved Piper. There was the giant boom, and then….” She broke back into whimpers.

“You hid,” Wren finished, reading the events from her mind. Another peach colored lump had turned to ash in his throat. The visions matched Sparrow’s from earlier, with less pyrotechnics. “That’s enough. Be quiet and follow me.”

Wren held his hand out to take the resurrected phoenix from her, but Piper put her hand there instead, clutching the ashes to her chest. He didn’t correct her.

Sparrow’s room was trashed. Most of the room was blackened and hexes had torn holes through every piece of furniture that still stood. Where her window had been was now a gaping breach in the wall. Wren glanced down and noted glass splattered over the grounds. Outside, back towards the front, more figures were making their way past the gate. He found half of his sister’s wand caught in the rubble, pink fwooper feather torn and mired in soot. The sparkly ribbon she’d added around it crumbled into cinders as he picked it up.

Across the hall, his own room was somewhat better. Half of the room was covered in green sludge. The attackers had evidently blown up the cabinet with his potions equipment after blasting down the door. Wren stepped gingerly over the sludge, figuring there might yet be something salvageable. As he passed the wall, the darkness of the large picture frame hanging there melted away to show the silhouette of a cathedral, backlit by a crimson glow. Another fire. This one had happened a long time ago. A thin layer of dust covered the frame, but otherwise the magical frame was untouched. Wren ran a thumb along the bottom panel and came away without even a splinter. Quae operati estis. What we have accomplished.

Another lump was forming in his throat, this one thick and black. “Heh.”

Of all things that had survived the attack on the estate, of course it would be a reminder of everything people had accomplished. Legacy. What remained beyond death. What he had thought he was entitled to.

“Heh. Heh. Ha ha ha ha!” Wren laughed, letting the shrill noise tear through his lungs and echo into the cold silence of the ruined estate. Now his estate. A graveyard. “Hahahahaha!”

----✦✧✦✧✦----

Dawn crept, ray by golden ray, across the wreckage. Wren made his way back down outside. Sparrow was bundled under a blanket now, staring at the pyre of her home with dead eyes. She didn’t even flinch when he set the other half of her wand next to the broken half she still carried. Her broken arm looked freshly healed, and even the cuts and scrapes on her bare feet were healed and washed. His cousin’s husband was there, and Sonora’s small bird body was wheezing weakly in his hands.

“Wren, thank go–”

“Have you called anyone, Aunt Verine?” Wren asked, his voice clear and chipper, as though he were simply asking who was coming to tea. His aunt on the other hand, looked like she had tried to wrestle the fire with her bare hands. Her gown was scorched with holes, and tear-trails carved a smudged path through the ash on her face.

“The Ministry. They’re combing the grounds for survi--”

“Only two,” he replied, shooing Piper out from behind his leg. “You’ll find most of our unfortunate guests downstairs. Grandpa is in what’s left of the gallery. Great-Grandpa’s at his rocking chair, and Grandmoo and Grandma outside outside my room.” He looked towards Winchester town, backlit against the lightening sky. “But first, could I get you to send a message to Payne Funeral Home and Mortuary?”

setting 30 December 2054, ~5 in the morning, at home. || with family.
appearance 5'8", quite fit || wearing Suit robes
status Legacy...hahahahha

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦
"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot.