Petalnose had never lost that ambition, that passionate fire for exploration that was within him, that yearning to protect for others and despite all consequence fight for his beliefs. It just so happened, though, that they had a long lapse of calm, particularly after all that sickness drama of which had just about ripped them all in two. Cats still fought, border patrols still hissed and snarled, and they had a tough Leafbare, but from what he could tell? They had, for once in his life, finally settled down just a little. He found himself sleeping in, unafraid that he'd wake up to a new plague. Allowing drowsiness to take him over without fearing he was being drawn to fight against his own family in a war with the stars. He found himself at peace. He knew it wouldn't last, but he was going to enjoy it by Forestclan.

One of his favorite times, with this new calm, were the mornings, as he stretched and woke himself up, usually far after Timberfall, and went out to do his duties before searching for the tom-cat. He didn't know how much Timberfall valued these moments together, but they meant all the world to Petalnose, who could sit and listen to him talk for hours without a complaint, simply staring. Many would assume his infatuation was purely asthetic, even after professions of love again and again, many cats assumed this. Who wouldn't? Timberfall was, in fact, as handsome as they come. But there was always something more, to Petalnose, this passionate fire that lit up his heart every time they locked eyes. The way he felt entranced when Timberfall defended him, even from their own leader! He could pick out the different ways Timberfalls eye twitched when he smiled from watching it so intently..

[7:41 PM]
Oh, and he's getting off track. This particular morning, he was having trouble sleeping, and decided it would be best to go off on a before sunrise hunt. Having pushed himself from his comfortable nest, he padded off into the dark outside of camp and among the trees he knew like the back of his paw. He would get Timberfall a surprise, if he hunted a bit surely every cat would be fine if he and Timberfall ate before morning duties and relaxed?

He would not be seen returning until the sun was lighting the camp with a small glow in the early dew, carrying back with him quite a few mice and a squirrel, that seemed to be constantly dropping out of his mouth, and he had to pick them up over and over. The walk back very well may have taken longer than the hunt itself.

After dropping off his prey, he confidently hopped towards the warriors den, his eyes alight with excitement and his body swaying. He slowly sticked his head in the warriors den. "Timberfall?" He whispered, glancing around to see if he was still asleep where the tom had left him.
[7:41 PM]
@Caffers
February 13, 2022

Caffers — 02/13/2022
Timberfall... was old. He was much more content to stay in his nice warm nest then to go play in the snow of Leafbare and it was showing today. When petalnose moved timberfall woke up. his eye squinting open to watch the younger tom. He didnt seem distressed... probably was just on morning patrol. If it wasnt a cold morning... he probably would have got up to go on patrol with him but he was feeling his old bones. Ok so for a cat he wasnt super old... but watching the tom get up and go definitely made him feel it. Stewing in his thoughts he closed his eye and went back to a light resting. He jumped slightly, having fallen into a deeper sleep than he had intended, when he heard his name. Where had the time went? He glanced up. "Petalnose." He spoke with a content purr. He pushed himself up and walked over to press his head affectionately to the tomcat. "Stars only know where you find your energy..." @astralboy

astralboy — 02/13/2022
His head raised up and his ears pointed to the sky as the other cat purred his name. Yes yes! Petalnose! That's him! His paws excitedly started pattering on the floor. Tiptsptiptap. "I have all the energy in the world when it comes to hunting for you." He purred in return, nuzzling his head back against Timberfalls. "Or.. well, that's what I was doing. I caught some prey so we could eat before going on morning duties." He blinked slowly at the cat in front of him, hopefully staring. "If you would you like to join me, that is.." no matter how many moons they spent together, he always seemed to want to clarify it was all up to Timberfall. Maybe a bit sweet, if a tad bit based on delusional insecurities.
@Caffers

Caffers — 02/13/2022
Timberfall gave a soft laugh. He truly loved this tom cat.. all his excitement for life and kind heart. "When hunting for me?" He swiped his tongue over Petalnose's ear. "Oh that sounds devine... My talented hunter... " He nodded. No matter how many times he told petalnose he loved him, told him that he was the cat that he wanted to spend all his time with he still asked about these things. "Of course." he gave another purr and then headed out of the den. "So whats for breakfast? Did you go chasing rabbits? Or did you climb the tallest tree to get the fattest thrush?" He side stepped a muddy spot and headed to a spot that was clear and dry, to settle his rump. He worried, daily about the insecurities that the tom held but he had yet to figure a way to reassure him that he loved him... it wasnt like he could knock him up with kits and then stick around to show him nothing would change. @astralboy

astralboy — 02/13/2022
Petalnose couldn't help the smile that slowly began to brighten more and more. "Of course." He hummed, closing his eyes as Timberfall licked his ear. "I learned from only the best, you know." He would never quite get over how much he'd learned from Timberfall when he was training to be the warrior he was today. He hurriedly scurried after Timberfall as he left the den, stretching his head up to stare at Timberfall. "I caught quite a large squirrel, I thought that may be nice to share." He commented. "I can't quite jump high enough to take down birds. Especially in such a foggy morning!" Petalnose laughed. "I could barely see my own paws, I swear." He padded up to the fresh kill pile, triumphantly pulling out the large squirrel and passing back to Timberfall, lifting each paw basically to his chest as he went, settling happily beside Timberfall.
@Caffers

Caffers — 02/13/2022
Timberfall's eye was bright with mirth as he walked with Petalnose. "Ah... the best huh... and yet you can hunt circles around me no... I think you have out hunted the best." He gave a happy purr. "Oh! you did? Good job... That sounds divine!" He rolled his eye at the couldnt jump high enough. He was 100% sure that if petalnose wanted a bird he would get one. "And you still managed a big squirrel? Id say you are better then the best for sure." Watching fondly he looked over the squirrel. "Hmm that is an amazing catch... Could fill me up for the remainder of leafbare!" He moved a bit situating himself closer to petalnose's warmth. He took a bite knowing Petalnose would wait for him. He chewed thinking. "If you could have anything in the whole world... what would it be?... first answer to come to mind only." @astralboy

astralboy — 02/13/2022
Petalnose couldn't help the small eye roll. He found it hard to believe he could ever out hunt Timberfall, but wouldn't argue with it further. What he did know was he would never outfight him, and there was no arguing that. "I'll do all the hunting, and you can go on fight for us, how about that?" He suggested with a soft laugh. "It's no wonder I caught him, he seemed so sleepy." Petalnose sighed with his smile persisting. "I'd almost feel bad, if squirrel wasn't so good." Ah, the great dilemma. He'd always felt bad for his prey, but he knew how life went. The circle that kept spinning, the neverending battle against cat and prey. And, at the end of the day, he'd rather eat a squirrel than starve. "You're too sweet, Timberfall!" He hummed, pressing his nose to Timberfalls shoulder before leaning down and taking a bite right after the larger tom.
Ah.. what an odd question. "Hmm.. well." A family, that's all he really wanted. And, he supposed he'd found it. "A family, and that's you." He hummed. "You're everything I've ever needed or will ever need, Timberfall." He couldn't recall any biological family left, he didn't think he had any. As much as he'd love to have a family, to keep his lineage persisting, he was alright with it ending with him.. so long as it ended alongside the cat that sit beside him, from here until the end of time itself.
@Caffers

Caffers — 02/13/2022
Timberfall laughed. "Sounds perfect... and when i go off to fight you arent allowed to fret over me... cause you know ill always come back to you." He licked petalnose's ear and cheek. "Its no wonder... you were up before the sun even woke up..." He purred. "Nope... this squirrel was definitely meant for breakfast..." He gave a laugh. "Sweet? Huh... and here i never thought i tasted very good... guess your tastes are just to be questioned..." He purred as the nose touched him.

Was it odd really? Timberfall wondered what he could give to the tom that would make him happy everyday... Petalnose never far from his thoughts. Timberfall gave a muffled purr but his eye was focusing off and her was far in thought with that answer. A Family... HE would forever be petalnose's family... but he was the toms partner.... mate even... but was that really family... could a family be one cat? He had never thought much about kits. He didnt need to be a father and he was sure he would be miserable at it... and when his mate turned out to be male... he had stopped thinking about it... But did petalnose want kits? He glanced to his mate. "Do...."he didnt like how the thought of Petalnose finding a female to make kits with made him feel. "Do you want to have kits? Im... Im sure that a queen would be willing to carry a litter with you?" But he wouldnt be part of it... would he... Because the queen would be the kits mother... and Petalnose the father... where would timberfall fall in that situation. Happy and joking mood had fallen to serious and he frowned. "Sorry, Love, I know im not enough... but im glad you tell me i am." He licked the toms cheek again and took another bite. And there in lay Timberfall's insecurities... Cats found their mates... had kittens... and lived happily ever after... he had forced petalnose to stop at find mate... @astralboy

astralboy — 02/13/2022
"You can't stop be from worrying. It's how I show my love!" He was only partially joking as he tilted his head, laughing to himself. He scrunched up his muzzle as all the affectionate licks, shaking his head with another laugh as he playfully battled them away, despite how much he adored them. "Timberfall!" He gasped, raising a paw to his chest. "How obscene." He flipped his head to the air with another quiet hmph.

The question caught him off guard, just a bit, even if it fell in line with some form of want he had. He never really entertained the thought, for much the same reason as Timberfall, but.. it wouldn't be a horrible thing. Why, his friends all seemed to be after kits, if they didn't have them already. He was happy in the friend role, but sometimes.. he would always see the what if. "Timberfall, I would never even think of such a thing." He insisted, pressing himself against him. "I wouldn't dream of a family if it didn't have you as the closest thing to it. No amount of kits or queen would ever be able to amount to how much I love you!" He assured softly, covering his forehead in licks. "I love kits, I really do. But, the reality of YOU is better than anything I COULD have." No matter what, Timberfall was first. His love was first. "Don't you talk like that!" He bopped him softly. "You are enough, more than! Shecats everywhere still swoon after you, and yet, here I am, eating beside you. I'm the luckiest cat in all the clans, love." He hummed softly.
@Caffers

Caffers — 02/13/2022
Timberfall twitched a torn ear. "Sure it is... "He fell over gruffly with a huff. "Telling me you show love by worry and then rejecting all my love... my heart... its... broken." He did a pretend to die sigh and then blinked his eye back open. He rolled away and to his feet to shake off the dirt before sitting back down.

He watched as petalnose processed his questions. His eyes following the thoughts as they flitted across petalnose's face. He loved how he could read every emotion his mate felt. Though he didnt see this one coming. He tipped his head down and gave a soft purr as petalnose licked him. Maybe someday a queen would reject her kits and he could give them to petalnose.... Not that he ever wished for that... but he wished he could give petalnose the world. He grumbled a purr. He laughed. "She-cats swoon... and yet im chasing a star blessed tom who rejects my kisses... whatever am i to do!" He nudged his head under petalnose's jaw and pushed on him plopping his weight affectionately. "I really am the luckiest tom in the forest.... " @astralboy

astralboy — 02/13/2022
He sighed, nuzzling further into Timberfall. "You worry far too much. I've been pining after you for a lot longer than you can imagine. If I wasn't perfectly happy alongside you, I would be a fool." He insisted, before his smile returned at the grumbling laugh. "There's my Timberfall." He hummed, resting his paw on the others. "You're the catch of the clan, but im the catch of the forest." He joked, blinking at him slowly before bursting out laughing. "We're the luckiest together." He leaned against him, taking one more bite of the squirrel as he settled a bit more. Morning duties could wait. He was sitting with Timberfall.. HIS Timberfall.