Claimed for kits in first round of Luna's lazy breedings '22
Claimed for stats week of 2/21/22

There had been a change in her. She didn't know when it had happened, just that it did. It was to be expected, that there would be change when Robinstar formed Treeclan, when she brought home abandoned kits, but she didn't realize just how much would change. Not just where she lived or who she lived with, but that she, herself, would change so much baffled her.

Of course she was still herself. Still caring, loving, and still had what she thought was a great sense of humor. But her competitiveness had turned into sitting back and cheering for others, her fearlessness had turned into worrying about the safety of her clan, her boldness had turned into carefully tredded conversations to keep peace.

Riversong was perched among the highest branches of her favorite tree, watching the stars in quiet contemplation. She had finished her duties for the day, made her rounds to make sure everyone was where they should be, but couldn't bring herself to settle down for the night. There was just so much spinning around in her head, it almost made her dizzy.

The clans deputy tried her best to mother, mentor, and be there for everyone in her clan, but there was only one cat there who could be a comfort to her. As she at on her perch, River knew Robin would find her, she always did.

belloblossom — 01/22/2022
Robinstar... Sometimes she still didn't quite feel like she fit the name, even after seasons of having it be hers. Some days, she felt anxious over her choice to form a clan, but they were fleeting and few between. She had the support of her deputy and mate, Riversong. Plus, Isisblossom was always in need of Robinstar's support it seemed - and it was a good distraction, to uplift her medicine cat when she could.

Today had been a chilly one - leafbare would soon be upon them and she made a point to have any extra warriors on paw able to help Isisblossom gather and dry out herbs for the upcoming frosts. The birds that kept TreeClan fed in greenleaf had began their seasonal migration, so Robinstar had given her warriors permission to... push a little further into trees that weren't necessarily on TreeClan territory. Only senior warriors, ones who could keep their footing and remain under steathy cover when in the bare bones of the trees above, were given this task, however. She didn't need an apprentice falling out of a tree on enemy territory and causing a battle no one needed.

Robinstar sighed as night graced her camp. The evening patrol had returned - one reporting a nesting owl that could be some cause for concern if disturbed by others. She'd have to consider what to do about that, but for the time being, she was happy to join Riversong in their den and settle in for the night.

Only, when she crept into her den in the Old Oak tree along its roots, she found that Riversong wasn't there. Robinstar frowned, her tired muscles regaining strength in them as she turned her mind to finding her mate. She had an inkling of where she could find Riversong and it wasn't going to be in the main camp, though it wouldn't be too far, either. Riversong never tended to be out of walking distance from TreeClan these days. Neither she-cat explored as much as they had in the time of their youths.

belloblossom — 01/22/2022
She slid over and across branches as easily as breathing and within the span of three sighs, she'd spotted a familiar silhouette in a tall tree nearby. Riversong sat high above on a branch - almost seeming like part of the starry sky herself. Robinstar wasted no time in shimmying up the trunk until she reached the branch that Riversong had perched herself on. Robinstar blinked dual-colored eyes at her mate and deputy, staring for a long moment, before she stepped out onto the branch - fortunately sturdy enough to hold the both of them (for Isisblossom would undoubtedly become delirious with panic if something injured both TreeClan's leader and deputy in one fell swoop, and they simply couldn't have that.)

"Riversong?" She had never been one to beat around the bush with romantic or poetic phrases. "What's getting at you? Are you worried about the owl?" She inquired, for surely her deputy would've heard such news.

Nati — 01/22/2022
So lost in her thoughts, Riversong didn't hear or scent her leader and mate coming up to get her until Robinstar was only a few branches down. She turned as the other she-cat approached and returned Robin's gaze with a slow blink of her own. A small purr started in her chest as her mate joined her on the branch but it didn't last as her worries filled her mind once more.

"No, it's not that." That was a concern of hers, of course, but it wasn't what was weighing on her. "I'm worried about...me?" She let out a breath and shook her head. "It's nothing big, I just..." Just what? What was it about her change that bothered her so much?

"I miss our old life, I miss the old me." She shook her head again and looked back up at the stars. "I miss you and me going out to do crazy things." Riversong let out a small laugh and looked back to her leader. "These days, I'd be mortified if any member of our clan even thought about going near a coyote and we did way more than think about it." She gave a quick lick to the scars on her shoulder before looking back to Robinstar. "I don't regret any of my decisions, about you or Tree clan. I'm happy here, with you, with our clan. But I feel so different, so... not myself these days. I almost feel lost within myself."

belloblossom — 01/23/2022
Robinstar settled beside her mate and her expression of concern deepened as Riversong explained her worries. Despite her mate expressing that it wasn't anything big, Robinstar couldn't help, but think that it must be. She didn't how how to comfort her mate, how to brush these worries away. This wasn't something that could be solved by running off for a night for some independence. They had so much riding on them - so much responsibility. She'd made Riversong her deputy because she couldn't imagine any other cat by her side to support her and uphold TreeClan's ideals, but now... she worried if such a thing was holding Riversong back from her ideals.

She just said she doesn't regret anything, stop overthinking. It's a dangerous passtime. Robinstar scolded herself and took a breath.

"I'm not going to pretend I'm a wise leader - you've always been the insightful one between the two of us." She began haltingly as she tried to come up with something more meaningful. "But... I think that's natural. I don't know if every cat feels the same, but it makes sense that you'd feel different and new after experiencing a big change. It's one way that we're like trees - we're always changing forms as we grow. Seeds are small and vulnerable, but they grow and learn to stretch into giants - though they're still susceptible to the elements or outside threats when they're young. Sort of like we were, when we were kits, or even apprentice aged."

Robinstar glanced at the scars along Riversong's shoulders. "Eventually trees put down steady roots, sure, but even then they're still growing. Connecting with other trees and forming their forests and groves as they like. Not to mention that even the largest tree isn't indestructible. Fires could burn through their core, but if the roots are still solid, then while a tree looks burnt and different, it's still the same thing that grew out of that first seed all those moons ago. Uh..." She was losing grip of her own metaphor.
"What I'm getting at here, is that you might feel different, but you're still you, Riversong. You've changed clans and taken on a big role as a mother and deputy to TreeClan. But in your roots, you're still that kind, headstrong she-cat that dazzled me the moment I first met you." She slid her tail forward, curling it around Riversong's. "I don't know if there's an immediate solution for this - I think that it's likely this is something that you need to take the lead on, how you're feeling about yourself, but I want you to know that one thing that will never change is me staying right by your side and helping you through it. I love you, Riversong. I loved you when I met you, I loved you when you chose to help me form TreeClan and leave your birth Clan and I love you now. That, too, is something that won't ever change." She leaned forward, nuzzling her cheek against her mate's and then pulled back with a soft laugh. "Trust the TreeClan leader to be full of tree metaphors and nothing else. I think that's as close as I can get to your insightful wisdom."

Nati — 01/26/2022
Riversong knew that the only thing Robinsong might love more than her and their clan in this world was trees so it was no surprise when she started her metaphor. She chuckled and smiled as Robin went on, comparing her to a strong tree and still a headstrong cat. But that was just it, she didn't feel like a strong tree anymore. Maybe she had once been a great tree that dropped acorns to start a new grove but she left like that grove had grown much higher than she could, leaving her in the shadow of the canopy above.

As Robinstar curled her tail around her own, Riversong flexed her own tail to hold her tightly. No matter had happened in her life, Robinstar had always been her constant, her great tree that stood tall and unbreakable, that sheltered her from any storm. And she was right, there was no immediate fix to how Riversong was feeling. Going out and doing something rash, like she would have in her youth, wouldn't help her now. No, she needed a way to change herself back, or rather, change into who she truly wanted to be.

"I think that was plenty insightful, I must be rubbing off on you." Riversong said with a light laugh and a smile. "I love you too, Robinstar, that is one thing that will never change. Thank you for being with me here tonight." The Treeclan deputy stood and arched her back in a lazy stretch.
"It's getting late. I've kept you from rest long enough." She turned to fully face Robinstar towards the trunk of the tree. "We should head down and probably figure out what to do about that owl." With an almost sad chuckle and a shake of her head she added, "I've become such a worried mother for this clan. My heart might just stop if anything bad were to happen to Treeclan." A shudder passed over her as she remembered her youth, the destruction of Rockclan and the dog attacks. Luckily the most Treeclan had ever had to deal with was the plague that hit all the clans and a small feud with Fireclan.