Claimed for kits in first round of Luna's lazy breedings '22
Claimed for stats week of 2/21/22

Nati — 02/06/2022
Riverpaw
As silently as she could, Riverpaw anxiously trotted along the clan's boarder. To say she was restless was an understatement. Since the naming ceremony for the most recent warriors, Riverpaw was unable to think of anything else other than becoming a warrior herself. She knew she was ready. Having trained hard under her mentor and secretly learned tree-walking from Robin, River felt like she could take on pretty much anything. The farther into greenleaf the season drifted, the more prey they had been able to find and River had plenty of practice improving her hunting skills.

Oh yes, she was ready. Though she was still small and hadn't fully grown into a warrior size, she thought herself ready to become a full warrior.

Her tail twitched in the air and her claws dug into the earth as her stealthy trot quicked. She continued moving while she was lost in her thoughts. Catching prey wasn't enough to prove herself worthy. Sure, eventually she'd be old enough and have a ceremony but Riverpaw was becoming increasingly impatient. She wanted her warrior name and recognition now.

An idea came to her, a way to prove she was ready for her warrior name. It was not a good idea, it was a very dangerous idea, but Riverpaw had a one track mind and once she had decided to do something, she was going to do it or die trying. The young she-cat slowed as she approached the usual meeting spot.

There was only one question left about the idea she had formed. Was she going to do it alone?
Robin
Robin never had much respect for the Clan cats. RockClan and LightningClan weren't exactly kind to outsiders like herself. Even with her friendly demeanor, the threats and growls they sent her way always sent her scampering up a tree. Fine, she had thought, it's their loss.

It was moons later when the young she-cat met another that seemed close to her own age. She was a pretty grey and spotted she-cat. Riverpaw, her name was. She didn't try to chase Robin away or growl threats at her. She'd even come back to meet with Robin after their first meeting. Robin was taken with her almost immediately. It had been so long since she'd had a friend. She would do anything to make sure the friendship lasted.

So, she went by their meeting spot daily, sometimes several times a day. She never knew when Riverpaw would be able to sneak away from her mentor in order to see her, so she wanted to be there as frequently as she could. She'd stay high up in the branches, unless a patrol would come along instead. She was there now, in the process of licking the blood of her most recent catch off her paws and whiskers. She wanted to look good when Riverpaw arrived.

Then, she spotted her. With a purr of delight and a 'mrrow' of a greeting, she started down the tree. Getting onto a lower branch, she peered down at Riverpaw.
"Were you followed?" She asked and quickly went on. "What did you want to do today? We could go by the riv-" She peered at Riverpaw's expression and made the rest of the journey to the ground, before she approached the grey she-cat with a look of concern. "Riverpaw? What's the matter?"
Riverpaw
Seeing her friend being her normal happy self, Riverpaw debated leaving the pale calico out of her dangerous scheme. It would haunt her forever if something happened to Robinp because of her recklessness. However, the two of them together made a great team and River wanted to impress her loner friend just as much as she wanted to be recognized in her clan. Surely if they worked together they would both be fine and she impress the clan mates.

"I'm fine. I'm just..." She paused looking for the right words. Her eyes locked on Robin's face, gauging her reaction. "I'm going to go do something dangerous in hopes to earn my warrior name."

Saying the words out loud filled her with excitement. For a moment she wondered if maybe she was being a little crazy. Surely no cat would excitedly and willingly want to do what she wanted to do, right? No, this was to protect the clan and any true warrior would gladly do the same thing she was about to... though possibly with approval from the leader, which Riverpaw was definitely lacking.
Robin
Robin watched her friend carefully. For a moment, she was silent, before she smiled broadly at Riverpaw.
"Okay, I'm in." She waved her tail quickly. "And no but's, I'm going with you. What kind of best friend would I be, if I just let you tell me you're gonna do something dangerous and not go to help? A lousy one, that's what kind. And I'm not feeling like being lousy today." She said.

Moving to stand beside Riverpaw, rather than in front of her she asked.
"So, what exactly is it that we're going to do?" She perked her ears. "Are we going to visit the Twoleg nest I keep telling you about? I'm sure there's something worthy of earning your warrior name in there." She suggested. Riverpaw had explained the honor of becoming a warrior to Robin before and while the loner didn't really understand how changing your name could mean so much, she could see it meant a lot to Riverpaw and so, she wanted to help. Especially if it was dangerous.
Riverpaw
Riverpaw let out a light laugh and shook her head at Robin's eagerness to join her. "No, it's something much more dangerous than that. I'll let you reserve the right to back out until after you've heard what we're doing." Her eyes gleamed with excitement as she spoke, her words almost a dare. With a deep calming breath, Riverpaw settled herself to explain her plan to her friend.

"We've scented a coyote upwind of our boarder on the opposite side of the territory. The clan wants to leave it be since we're still recovering from the dog attack but I want to take care of it. A coyote in the woods is bad for everyone." Riverpaw paused as she decided whether to speak her biggest concern or not. She kneaded the ground nervously. "I don't want you running into it when I'm not there. It would be better if we faced it together."

There was the possibility that Riverpaw was taking them both to their deaths but the thought that Robin might die alone in the woods in the jaws of a coyote was too much to bare. She would not let that happen. No cat from her clan or adopted clan would be hurt and neither would Robin. Together they were unstoppable.
Robin
Robin listened closely, her ears flicking. She'd heard of coyotes from her mother, somewhere between a cross between a fox and a dog. They were large with snapping jaws and while Robin didn't know what they looked like, the very name of them made her want to go scampering up a tree.

But if Riverpaw was going to scare it off the territory, there was no way that Robin was letting her go along. Curling her tail around her friend's, she secured herself to Riverpaw's side.

"I'm still going with you. No big bad coyote can keep me from helping you. You're right. It's best that we face it together." She agreed. "So, are we going now? Or did you need to prepare or some such?" Robin asked, trying to slow her breathing and give off relaxed vibes for the sake of the apprentice beside her.
Riverpaw
Knowing Robin would be by her side through the coming ordeal made Riverpaw instantly feel much better about the situation. She headbutted her friend with a smile and a light purr.

"I've taken care of things on my end." Riverpaw mewed in a slightly more serious tone. Her hope was that back at the camp, no one would notice she was missing until around evening. If she wasn't back by then...She pushed the thought from her mind. "I'm ready to head out if you are."

Riverpaw was so full of anticipation she could hardly stand still and wait for her friends reply. "It's probably best if we don't cut through the territory so we'll have to go around." She eyed her friend playfully as she nearly danced on her paws with excitement. "I know we should probably save our energy but.... I'll race you there. I'll even run on your side of the boundary line."

At this point Riverpaw was incapable of just walking anywhere. The anticipation, the excitement, the dread coursing through her was too much. She had to run, so why not make it a challenge?
Robin
Robin nodded as Riverpaw explained that she'd already prepared enough and was ready to head out. While this wasn't exactly Robin's first idea of going out and about, there was no way she was going to prolong this. They were gonna get it done with, chase out this coyote and then they could go sun themselves on the river rocks. So long as no RockClan cat saw them, what was the harm? She flexed her claws in anticipation.

"Let's go now. The sooner we chase it out, the sooner we can go back to having our usual fun." She purred her reply with a smile. Then, at the prospect of a race, her mind turned from the coyote almost instantly. "A race? You're on!" She mewed. "Ready, set, go!" She mewed and shot up a tree, only glancing down at Riverpaw once or twice, once she assured herself of where her friend was, she started to hurry across tree-branches. Riverpaw was easily the faster runner on the ground, but in the trees Robin was quicker. So long as there were branches to leap onto... It would be a toss up who came out the winner between the two of them.

"See you at the border!" Robin called down to Riverpaw, wherever she was.