Welcome to Gaia! ::

Warriors: Dreams of War

Back to Guilds

Gaia B/c based on the Erin Hunter Warriors series. Rp based Pet shop! 

Tags: warriors, Cats, Wars, Dreams 

Reply Roleplay
[SRP] Rosekit x Marbledlight

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AlicornPlayhouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:56 pm
User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:17 pm
Rosekit had spent a lot of her time visiting mother's, specifically those of stillborn kits. Some cats had the privilege of dying after being earned a soul, and going to the afterlife.. they could visit and soothe their mothers grief. But for cats like this, they had nowhere to turn.

This was especially true for Marbledlight, who didn't even have a mate to take comfort in. Just two kits, one of which was born seemingly more mauled than the most trained of warriors. She could find no cat who needed her attention more than this despairing mother.

In an attempt to not scare the poor cat, she stayed quite a bit aways when calling her to the stars, watching as Marbledlight sat upright, staring blandly off into the distance. Most cats would frantically search, cry out for some cat, or panic all together, but not her. There was an eerie calm that seemed to sleep off of her and to the ground below where she sat. As such, Rosekit decided to approach. "Over here, Marbledlight!" She called.

This caught the attention of the she cat, her eyes flickering off to land on the orange kit that padded towards her. "Hello. Are you dead?" She whispered, which caught Rosekit off guard with the bluntness of the question. Her voice was so soft and calm.. while she asked a kit if they were dead.

"Oh, I.. well.. yes, yes I am. But, you're not, if that's what you're thinking!" She quickly reassured, fearing that was the poor cats worry.

"I know." She nodded, staring directly at Rosekit, but all the same seeming to just be resting her eyes there, gazing beyond instead. "You aren't Missingkit, are you?" It was a question, yes, but it seemed she already knew the answer.

Rosekit frowned, slowly shaking her head. "No, I'm not your kit. Your kit- er, Missingkit, won't be here for you, Marbledlight. I'm Rosekit." She sat just a tail length away from Marbledlight.

"Then why?" Marbledlight paused, shifting her gaze to her paws instead. "Then why are you here, Rosekit? You are not mine. You shouldn't have called me." She stated blandly, taking a deep shaky breath.
Rosekit felt a soft pang of guilt. Perhaps her visit was causing more pain than relief, but she had to keep trying, didn't she?
"What are your kits names, Marbledlight? The two you are curled with in your den now?" Maybe if she got her mind off her lost kit, it would help.
Marbledlight was silent for a moment or two before speaking. "Promisekit, and Fortunekit. They are my joy. Can you not see?" She asked, keeping her head turned away while her eyes locked right back onto Rosekits.

"Oh, of course they are. There's no doubt in my mind that they are.." she insisted, reaching a paw out before placing it back down. "Those are lovely names. What made you choose them?"
"I thought, perhaps if I named them nice things, they would not die like Missingkit did." Such a sad sentence, said.. not cold, no, just stated plainly, as though you had asked her what time of day it was. "They are named after their father. In a way, I suppose."

Rosekit contained an awkward laugh. She didn't know what else to do, but knew it wasn't approriate. "Those.. yes, that does make sense. Your kits truly are a blessing, aren't they?"
"One was blessed, you know. He is covered in color.." her head turned towards the distant forests as she stared. "Why?"
"Why.. why what, Marbledlight?" Rosekit stood and took a step towards her.
"Why did they take my kit, and take his ears and limb, and then bless him?" As emotion rushed back to her eyes, she looked back at Rosekit, tears filling the rim of her gaze. "Why did they do that to me?"

Her heart shattered, as Rosekit took a few steps towards her, pressing her nose against the muddled grey pelt. "I don't know. Sometimes, the stars don't get to choose.. all they can do is show that.. they tried."
"That is why Fortunekit is blessed." Marbledlight confirmed softly. "The stars are apologizing, aren't they.."

"Yes, Marbledlight, I think so." Rosekit whispered, staring up at the she-cat before her. "And what do you say..?"

The sickening silence between them seemed to last for an eternity, as she fought back the pain. She would never see her kit, Missingkit. She would never cuff her son's ears when he did bad, or watch him wail over a sticker in his pad.. her fellow kit would live in the shadow between a dead sibling and a brother who needs more care than she alone can give. The stars had ripped away her life.

"I forgive them."  

AlicornPlayhouse

Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces