robbedragon — 02/12/2022
Frostleap wandered around the river clan territory, sniffing it out. As a newcomer, he felt pretty lost but, he wasn't sure who could show him the ropes. From his back came a resounding 'Rrrriiiibbit!' He looked over his shoulder and shook his head. "Don't be rude, grasshopper. We'll figure this stuff out eventually."

Swamp Siren — 02/12/2022
Sitting on a small bolder a short legged feline watched, "Oh I don't revognize your face. You must be new."

robbedragon — 02/12/2022
He looked up and quickly took a defensive stance. He then calmed down when he saw what he thought was a kitten. "Sorry, little one. Didn't mean to sneak up on you with my amazing stealth abilities." he bragged.

Swamp Siren — 02/12/2022
Quirking a brow, "Oh sweet little one, I've been sitting here watching you. Talking to a frog." Sliding down she shuffled over to him. "The names Ottersplash. And you look as lost as a bat in daylight."
@robbedragon

robbedragon — 02/12/2022
"What? Me? No!" Frostleap protested. "Ribbit!" the frog on his back stated and, it looked as if he was shaking with laughter. "That's enough out of you, big mouth!" the feline snapped at his passenger.
Swamp Siren — 02/12/2022
Snickering, "Sure...... you're definitely not talking g to a frog"

robbedragon — 02/12/2022
"Oh, no, the frog does talk to me. I meant I'm not lost. I'm totally fine. I know exactly where I'm going." Frostleap assured her, lying his butt off but he wasn't gonna let this kitten think he was in need of help.

Swamp Siren — 02/12/2022
"Oh? And where is that? You've been going in a circle this whole time." She mused

robbedragon — 02/12/2022
"I was uhhh... Going to the medicine cat for some herbs to help me sleep." Frostleap fibbed. "My body hates to relax because a warrior like me has to always be ready."

Swamp Siren — 02/12/2022
"Perhaps you just need a good work out." She suggested

robbedragon — 02/12/2022
"I already run the whole territory multiple times a day...." Frostleap pointed out. This was the truth but it wasn't by choice. Grasshopper made him and would give him a literal tongue lashing to the eye if he slowed down or tried to refuse.

Swamp Siren — 02/12/2022
"Hmmmm..... running may not be enough to wear you out."

robbedragon — 02/12/2022
"What could possibly be more of a workout than running?" Frostleap questioned.

Swamp Siren — 02/12/2022
Rubbing up against him, "I could show " she purred

robbedragon — 02/12/2022
"I'm all for a way to get stronger!" Frostleap exclaimed. "Riibbbbbit..." the frog croaked. "What why would she want me to ride her? You don't make any sense, Grasshopper." Frostleap chided.

Swamp Siren — 02/12/2022
"Oh I see. The frog is the smart one" she giggled

robbedragon — 02/12/2022
"Wait, what?!" Frostleap wondered, utterly confused. The frog hopped up and leaned into Frostleap's ear. As he continued, Frostleap's cheeks flushed and his eyes grew wide. "Wait, but she's a kitten. I can't do that!"

Swamp Siren — 02/12/2022
"Kitten!? I have you know I am no kitten. I have kits of my own" he cheeks puffed in frustration

robbedragon — 02/12/2022
"I didn't mean any disrespect but, you're small." Frostleap pointed out. "I thought you were a kitten but I guess I was wrong."

Swamp Siren — 02/12/2022
"I'm definitely not a kitten. " she huffed and shuffled away, seaweed and shells shifting on her rump.

robbedragon — 02/12/2022
"I can see that now and I'm very sorry but, what you're proposing...." Frostleap flushed again and he looked away. "Well, I would but I've never done that before."

Swamp Siren — 02/12/2022
Winking and sticking her tongue out, "Awwww you have no experience. That's ok. There's only one way to learn"

robbedragon — 02/12/2022
"I am willing to learn new skills..." Frostleap admitted as he followed after her.

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
With a soft giggle, "Let's first get to know each other and I'll show you around the territory. This way you'll have an easier time finding your way around.... with out arguing with your frog."

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"Oh, thank the spirits!" Frostleap exclaimed. "Grasshopper keeps trying to tell me where to go but he couldn't find his butt with his own tongue." "RIBBIT!" Grasshopper croaked and lashed out, smacking his tongue across the back of Frostleap's head. "Ow! It's not my fault you get lost, you old frog!" he complained.

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
Ottersplash snickered then padded off, "Come on. I'll try nit to lose you in any tall grass. "

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"Why would I get lost in tall gra-" Frostleap started to ask but then he got tongue slapped again and it dawned on him. "Oh.... Right."

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"With my little legs I'm closer to the ground and great at sneaking." She lead him on through the territory pointing out important things and landmarks to help him navigate better.

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
Frostleap did his best to pay attention, memorizing the more important things but, his mind kept wandering to other things and, he was pretty nervous, despite his false bravado.

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
Looking him over. "No wonder you keep getting tongue slapped. You can't keep your focus"

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"Sorry.... Just...." his cheeks flushed again and he let out a sigh. "I think I should just go. Thank you for showing me around but, you should find a real warrior to... Well, do that with." he said and he turned to start walking away. "Ribbittt...." the frog croaked in disappointment.

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
Swatting a pebble on the ground she sent it flying at his head, "Don't you think I get that choice!? I can see you can be a great warrior. You have do much potential, if you'd drop that fake bravado and actually worked to be as great as you say."

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
The pebble clipped him in the head and he turned to glare at the frog which gave a shrug. Then he realized it wasn't the frog this time. "I'm doing the best I can!" he blurted out. "I spend every day training to be the best but, no matter what, I'll always be the kitten that got his butt kicked by a frog...."

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"You train by running! That will only build your speed. You need to build your entire body. Climb trees with ease. Not be afraid to swim. You're letting the shadow of your inexperienced past control you." She snapped back. "Guess your weak of heart."

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"I do more than run!" Frostleap snapped. His usual training meant three laps around the territory and that often meant climbing through the trees and swimming the river. "I just don't know if I'll ever be good enough."

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"You don't know?! With that additude you'll never accomplish anything. You have to be confident. Determined. Believe you can have what ever you want." She swatted another pebble.

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
This time, he was ready and he easily swatted it. "You think I don't know that?" he muttered. "I'm trying to be confident but, it's never enough. I'm never enough."

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"That's not confidence. That's not how a warrior speaks. That's a kit. Scared in the den. You have to not think 'am I enough' but believe 'I'm more than enough. "

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
Frostleap glared at her. "It doesn't matter. Grasshopper says I'm not ready and if I'm not good enough for a frog, I'm not good enough for cats." he muttered.

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"Ever stop to think he's not the boss of you? That maybe he's saying that to make you work harder? To become the strongest?"

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
He started to open his mouth to say something but, he couldn't think of an argument. Instead, he turned to the frog, "Is that true?" "Riiibbbbiiiiittttt.... Ribbit...." the frog responded. "You slimy little jerk!" he shouted and he bucked, throwing the frog off. "I've been working my butt off, dragging my butt into the den long after sunset exhausted and wore out cause of you. I spent the last week running on a sprained paw!" he ranted, outraged.

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"You're stronger for it. " She stated. "You may become the greatest warrior of our clan."

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"Maybe...." he muttered, still pissed at the frog. "A compliment once in a while wouldn't be so bad, though." "Ribbit!" the frog croaked. "HEY! Don't talk like that in front of a queen!" Frostleap snapped.

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
Ottersplash giggled, "Yoi know I can't understand him, right?"

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"It's probably for the best. He has a foul mouth." Frostleap said, calming down a bit. "In very impolite terms, he said I should be less of a female..."

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
She started laughing, "Oh my.... such a naughty frog"

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"He's a jerk, is what he is...." Frostleap muttered. The frog shrugged and turned to hop away. "Hey, wait. Where are you going?!" he asked but all he got was a dismissive, 'ribbit'.

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"Seems you one upped him" she grinned

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"Hopefully he'll get over it...." Frostleap muttered. "He's so grumpy sometimes."

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
Nudging up against him, "You seem to care about him"

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"He's the closest thing I've ever had to a parent..." Frostleap admitted. "Not sure what happened to them but I was an orphan and, he took pity on me. Even helped heal this wound on my leg when I was small."

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"Poor sweet thing" Leaning close Ottersplash started to groom him.

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"I'm not a kitten...." Frostleap muttered but, he did enjoy her grooming and turned to lick the top of her head.

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"I don't think of you as a kitten. But I can feel sorrow for what you've gone through. "

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"You're probably one of the few warriors around here who takes me seriously...." Frostleap admitted. "Everyone thinks I'm nuts. I really can understand the frog."

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"I don't think you're nuts. And they think I'm strange too. I like to swim." Showing her shells. "That's how I got these."

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"I like your shells." Frostleap assured her. "They bring out your eyes and, being able to swim can come in handy if we get a bad rain. We do live near a river that can flood." he pointed out. "Maybe we aren't the weird ones. Maybe we're just ahead of our time and they aren't thinking ahead."

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"I really like this line of thinking. " she purred, "we are two of a kind."

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"Well, it is nice to know at least one other cat in this clan has an open-mind." Frostleap admitted. "...and I'm sorry for getting defensive. I figured you'd just make fun of me like the others."

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"Its understandable. I would too. But you're not alone. If you ever need to talk lil ol' Ottersplash is here for you. " She gave a coy grin, "And if you ever decide to take me up on my offer of 'training ', I'd be honored to have kittens by you."

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"Well, I do love to train and I find myself without a teacher right now..." he pointed out. "I would love to train with you. It'd be an honor."

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"Then let's get started" she grinned

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
"Lead the way, sensei." he said and prepared to follow her.

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
Thinking she moved to find a place they could be alone.

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
Frostleap followed her without a word.

-Time skip to after the deed-
Frostleap nuzzles against her and licked at her gently. "Thank you for the uhh... Training." he chuckled.

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
She nuzzled back against him, "You have gained new experience. "

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
He let out a yawn. "That was certainly the most exhausting training." Frostleap admitted. "Maybe I won't need those...." he was interrupted by yet another yawn. "Herbs..." he finished sleepily.

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
"Then rest. I'll keep an eye out for danger."

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
Before she was finished, he was curled up beside her and snoring out soft little purrs.

Swamp Siren — 02/13/2022
Ottersplash grinned and let him sleep

robbedragon — 02/13/2022
Frostleap nuzzled against her in his sleep. Sweet dreams of training playing in his head.

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
She smirked wondering what was playing out in his mind

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
Frostleap slept soundly for the first time in years as the night dragged on. Morning broke and the bright light in his eyes caused him to wake up. He stretched and climbed to his feet. "Mmm... Morning..."

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"Good morning. " the short cat purred.

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
"That training was amazing!" he exclaimed. "Can I train with you all the time?"

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"We'll we can. But only if you're my mate." She said yawning.

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
"Mate?" Frostleap asked. "You mean like a training partner?"

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
Ottersplash quirked a brow, "Not exactly. I mean we don't mate with anyone else. Like how the two legs get married"

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
"I don't know about two-legs except to avoid them..." Frostleap admitted. "Are you saying that I should take you as a teacher and train with nobody else cause Grasshopper might get upset if I replace him."

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"........... no.... a permanent mate...." Ottersplash said trying to think how to explain it.

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
Frostleap thought about it and, after giving himself a bit of a headache, he figured it out. "Oh! You want to be my partner in life!" he blurted out. "Like have kittens and start a family, right?"

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"That's exactly what I mean." Splash said

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
"It isn't like I get to train like that with anyone else and I do like talking to you..." Frostleap mused. "I never thought anyone would want to be my friend let alone my mate."

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"You really are something special. " she purred

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
"Thank you!" Frostleap accepted the backhanded compliment. "I think I'd like to be your mate, Ottersplash."

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"Then its settled. We will be with each other forever. " Leaning over she groomed him.

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
"I'm fine with this. I got a beautiful mate." Frostleap said with genuine pride.

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
Ottersplash flushed.

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
He nuzzled he and licked the top of her head. "Maybe it's better I didn't hang around the other cats." he realized. "I can admire the beauty even in imperfections while the other cats would just see the imperfection."

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"Very well said my dear, " She purred

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
"Maybe I can do something right." Frostleap stated. "I mean, you seemed to enjoy the training."

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"You do a lot of things right. But I leave it to you to tell Grasshopper. " rubbing up against him, "And I did enjoy it"

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
Frostleap smirked and licked her again. "I should probably go find the old toad...." he muttered. "He might be a hardass but he's like a father to me."

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"I'll go with you. " getting up she yawned and trudged away

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
Frostleap followed after her and eventually found himself at the spot where they parted ways the night before. "Well, I can see where he bumped his butt hopping this way." he noticed.

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"Then that's the way we go" shuffling off to look for grasshopper

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
Frostleap followed, keeping an eye out for the trail.

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"Grasshopper!" She called

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
"Grassho-" Frostleap started to call but, he was interrupted as something fell from a tree onto his back. "RIBBIT!" Grasshopper chided and then tongue whipped him on the back of the head. "Ow!" Frostleap winced. "Glad to see you too, ya jerk..."

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
Spinning around, "Ah! There he is!"

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
"Ribbit..." Grasshopper said, nodding at her. "He says hi." Frostleap translated. "Ribbit?" the frog added in a quizzical tone. "He also wants to know, I'm not sure what he means but... He asked, 'Did my pupil give it to you good, short one?'" he translated. "His words exactly."

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"He gave me a wonderful evening. " she purred.

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
"I trained really hard!" Frostleap announced proudly, puffing his chest out. "Rib... Ribbit...." Grasshopper informed him. "What's f**?" Frostleap asked.

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
Ottersplash snorted as she tried not to laugh.

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
Grasshopper laughed and shook his head. He would need to teach his poor sheltered pupil some facts of life later on. Frostleap on the other hand seemed really confused, "What is it? Why are you laughing at me?"

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"There are still things you need to learn" She tried hard not to laugh.

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
"Is this one of those things I should know already and don't?" Frostleap asked, embarrassed at his own lack of knowledge.

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"There is a great deal you need to learn."

robbedragon — 02/14/2022
"I guess I'll just have to learn it then..." Frostleap conceded. "Just explain it, don't laugh at me. I know I'm an idiot without you rubbing it in."

Swamp Siren — 02/14/2022
"I'm not trying to rub it in. It just makes you cute"

robbedragon — 02/15/2022
Frostleap blushed. "Ninja warriors aren't cute...." he whispered. "We're strong, dependable, fast, and sometimes sexy but cute is for kittens."

Swamp Siren — 02/15/2022
"I'm sorry. You're right. You're definitely not a kitten." She mused

robbedragon — 02/15/2022
For some reason, the way she said that made him remember the training and the sounds she made which caused him to flush. "I get the funny feeling our training is supposed to be private, am I right?"

Swamp Siren — 02/15/2022
"It is a very private thing between the two of us." Ottersplash purred

robbedragon — 02/15/2022
"Then nobody will know about our training except us. Ninjas are great at keeping secrets." Frostleap assured her.

Swamp Siren — 02/15/2022
"And I don't think Grasshopper will tell anyone. "

robbedragon — 02/15/2022
"Not a cat anyways." Frostleap chuckled. "I think I'm the only cat that can understand him."

Swamp Siren — 02/16/2022
"That may be for the best. Considering you said he has a foul mouth"

robbedragon — 02/17/2022
"True...." Frostleap admitted. "I suppose it's best nobody understands him."
Swamp Siren — Yesterday at 11:04 AM
Settling next to him she purred, "Best kept secrets are ones that aren't understood."