Badgerclaw had been awestruck when two StarClan cats, Deathclaw and Hazelleaf, had kits - living kits - of their own. He didn't know how that could possibly be, maybe it was the will of StarClan. While he had always believed in StarClan his entire life, he certainly didn't know about this new process of kit making in the afterlife. How much of life the afterlife of StarClan carried over? It was a wonder that with this new knowledge, in this safe haven of StarClan's golden fields, that more cats weren't jumping at the chance to die prematurely.

"Or... maybe they are, being warriors. What are warriors if not cats who spring into battle at the flick of a tail?" He mused aloud to himself, gazing over the golden fields. Greyleaf had gone to walk in Whitetail's dream - he'd stayed behind this time, to give them some mother-daughter along time.

He breathed a gentle sigh, watching the golden strands of glass sway. StarClan mystified him - that he could breathe when he wanted to, could feel air rushing in and out of him, but there were times when he wouldn't be moving his chest up and down, but he was still as alive as anyone else in the celestial plain.

Deathclaw and Hazelleaf had somehow managed to have five kittens that were transported into FireClan. FireClan seemed to be having things pretty easy, they lost one cat to a celestial paradise and gained five new members. He didn't know quite how LightningClan was fairing at this time, but his whiskers twitched at the idea that maybe he could send Whitetail or Cloudshine a little gift too. Torrentswipe might be skeptical, but Badgerclaw had the idea that his daughters would appreciate the little paws, at least.

When Greyleaf returns, I'll ask her about it. He thought to himself, closing his eyes and letting the warmth of the distant sun soak into his pelt. I do wonder what she'll think of all of this. @astralboy

astralboy — 02/19/2022
Greyleaf just loved visiting her children through their dreams, and suspected they enjoyed her company too, as she had regained the ability to run and laugh without coughs and violently out of breath gasps. She had regained her smile, the glow of which was lost to her before.

She felt like she had a family again. Her family. Dead or alive, they were finally all entirely reunited, not by the plain of existence, but by the joy that had originally brought them all together. Finally, that light was back. And, now, she could spend all the time possibly with her children and mate, running through stars!

Sadly, living bodies needed rest. Rest they couldn't get when racing through their dreams constantly, and she did like spending time curled up with Badgerclaw. So, she couldn't spent every waking minute with her kits.

Now was one of those times, as she finally conceded she had to end her visit with Whitetail, in hopes she would leave her daughter to rest before the morning patrols and work began.

Bounding out of her daughters mind, she slowed to a steady walk, as the grass beneath her swayed and rocked with the never ending steady gusts of warm wind that never seemed to make her overheat. She always did like how gold looked with her pelt. Come on, Greyleafs earned the right to brag!

"Badgerclaw~!" She called, glancing around the field as she finally settled her gaze on the resting furbsll of black and white she knew to be her mate. "I'm back!" Greyleaf waved her tail in the air, steadily picking up the pace as she approached the tomcat.

"I hope I didn't leave you too lonely, my light." She truly had grown accustomed to adopting his trait of pet names ( haha? Get it. Cats. ) They were like their own little sky. The sun, moon, and their kits, the stars.
@belloblossom https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/575140117488861204/942543948608593960/GREYLEAFD.png

February 20, 2022

belloblossom — 02/20/2022
Badgerclaw raised his head when he heard his name being called and he smiled as he saw Greyleaf returning to him.
"Welcome back, my moon." He greeted her with a purr. "How was Whitetail? All was well with her, I would hope?" He mewed. "There isn't anything amiss in LightningClan? No news that should worry this old cat?" He inquired. He wouldn't be pressing in with the idea of miracle kits right off the bat, no no. He didn't want to startle his mate with such a proposal so soon after her return.

"I was able to manage some how." He said, whiskers twitching in his amusement. "Though had you been gone any longer and I surely would have become thoroughly distraught." He informed her. "Best that you came back when you did, moonbeam. Now, tell me of your visit and I shall tell you of the rumors I've heard around this celestial plain." He mewed. @astralboy

astralboy — 02/20/2022
Greyleaf stretched, letting out a soft yawn as she padded beside him, turning and laying down with a quiet 'flop!' as she simply allowed herself to lean against Badgerclaw. "Whitetail? Oh, as stunning and kind as ever, of course. We talked about anything you could imagine, im sure." Greyleaf purred softly against Badgerclaw, pressing her nose to his cheek. "Lightningclan is thriving, as it always has. They're strong, and safe." She reassured, her tail flickering softly. How many moons had she spent fearing they wouldn't be safe? Far too many wasted days.. but now, she knew with some certainty that their clan was strong and ready.

"Well, then, I'm glad I made it quick! I don't know how I'd ever be able to console you, if I'd come back to a wailing kit of a mate." She tested lightly, giving him a very light bop to the head with her paw. "Rumors, you say? My visit was per usual. We talked of her and her siblings, how well Cloudshine was, and Torrentswipe and his mate.. the usual! But please do tell, what have you heard?" She queried, an excited gleam in her eye. It had been a while since she'd had any gossip like talk going around.
@belloblossom
February 25, 2022

belloblossom — 02/25/2022
Badgerclaw smiled at his mate as she settled down beside him and he touched his nose to hers as she leaned on his pelt.
"Anything and everything, I suspect." He agreed with a small nod. "She always has been quite the insightful conversationalist. No doubt she gets that from me." He grinned. "For when have I been known to keep my mouth shut?" He added.

He nodded his agreement when he heard about how Cloudshine was well - she ought to be, with Brightheart to absorb her into her mountainous fluff. He hadn't been alive long enough to truly get to know Brightheart, but he hoped the long-furred she-cat knew how much he appreciated her love towards his daughter. He flicked his ear at the mention of Torrentswipe.

"Who is Torrentswipe's mate again?" He inquired curiously. "So many kits to keep track of, especially now that they're older and making lives of their own." He shook his head. "And what of Whitetail? Has she found someone of her own, too?" He mewed with perked ears, knowing that of any cat, Greyleaf would be the first to learn of any differences or updates. She walked so frequently in their daughter's dreams, after all.

"Well, moonshine," He began mysteriously, "Rumor has it that Deathclaw - you remember the dark tom? He sheds ash rather than fur? Peculiar sort, but not as peculiar as this. When young Hazelleaf joined StarClan from FireClan, he took her on as his mate." He would not remark on the age gap - such things didn't seem to matter as much to him as they did the rest of StarClan. "And more than that - they had kittens. Living kittens." He let that sink in. "They're going to be sent to FireClan soon. I don't know when Hazelleaf is planning to do it, but what a thought!" He shifted his weight so that he could fix a gaze on his mate. "It's enough to make a tomcat think... if they can do it, why can't we?" He mewed and watched Greyleaf closely to gauge her reply. @astralboy (edited)

astralboy — 02/25/2022
"I think most of our kits get their best traits from you, my love." Greyleaf agreed with an extra firm nod, laughing to herself as his whiskered brushed her cheek when he touched his nose to hers. She had to be the luckiest she cat in the world, with a mate as amazing as Badgerclaw.

She shook her head. "Oh, come no, you know! That lovely young she-cat Stormbriar. She is quite beautiful, I think they are both nice with each other." She purred happily..she would regret the fact she did not live to see her kits have kits of their own, but forever be grateful for being able to give them the ability to thrive. She truly believed they raised them well, and she was most likely correct in that assumption. "I don't think Whitetail has made any official decree.. but I promise you, I'm keeping a look out! And watching the cats she shows interest in even closer. No sly cat will hurt my kits." She huffed, raising her head a bit.

All of that, for her attention to be suddenly dragged away by impending rumors. To say she was surprised was an understatement. "Kits.. LIVING kits?!" She had heard of it once before, with Forgottentrail and Sparrowstar.. but Sparrowstar was alive! How were two dead cats supposed to do that..?! "Living kits.. what a wonder.." her eyes drifted off to the fields. Was Starclans power truly that big..? She quickly looked back to her mate. ".. you're right..! I mean, we could- is it not possible? After all, if Starclan could do it once.. why not again? We have been nothing but loyal, do we not- I'm sorry, I'm rambling." Greyleaf laughed softly, turning her head away.
@belloblossom

belloblossom — 02/25/2022
Badgerclaw's purr rumbled in his chest and he ran his tongue along Greyleaf's ears.
"They inherited your beauty and grace, my dear - two things I've never possessed."

He stretched his eyes above him, closing them in thought.
"Stormbriar... Stormbriar... Why, not little Stormpaw who he mentored not long ago?" He replied, opening his gaze in shock. "That's... Hm, surely you didn't mishear and it was Stormstrike?" He asked hopefully. "Or the ever-kind Sweetbriar?" He shook his head. "I'm sure they're a beautiful couple, but I may have to have a word with him over his choice in mate, given the age gap..." He sighed and flicked his tail to dismiss the thought. "Well, keep me informed about Whitetail, my moon, your eye is the most watchful out there, so if there is a hint of new mates or kits on the wind, I know you'll be the first to see the change in the breeze."

When the matter came to the living kits, he nodded quickly, happy to encourage the idea.
"Yes - exactly! We both died for our Clan, didn't we? And when we were alive, we served them loyally and true. Why, no cat could ever be more sad to see us go than our Clanmates were when we left them." He mewed with a nod. "And besides," He added with a purr and an inclination of his head. "It would be nice to be... so close together with you again, Greyleaf. And to have our own little owns. They grow up so fast, don't they?" He mused on this thought for a moment. "Why, if we can produce living kits to send into LightningClan, maybe that will ease any loss our grown kits may feel with your passing. One final gift from their parents." He nudged Greyleaf playfully. "Assuming we only do this once." He added with a smile. @astralboy (do you wanna wrap it up with your next post?)

astralboy — 02/25/2022
She relaxed her head against his affectionate licks and nuzzles, her tail swishing softly against the grass. This was, in fact, the best day she could have asked for.

She couldn't help the amused purr she let out. "It's been many more moons since she's been Stormpaw than you think, Badgerclaw!" She nudged his shoulder. "Trust me, the first words out of my mouth when he told me she was going after him was a stern talking to. He didn't seem to have any interest in her at all.. and then she pestered him for a few moons." Greyleaf shook her head, remembering the days she watched as her son would run around camp, embarrassed out of his mind with the new warrior on his tail. "Informed you'll be, rest assured. I couldn't hide a fly from you if I wanted to." The mere thought of trying to keep anything from Badgerclaw was absurd to her.

She listened intently as her mate went on, nodding in agreement as he recounted their loyalty. She hated to be a cat to claim she was owed anything, or use her loyalty for benefits.. after all, that isn't WHY she was that way. But, she couldn't deny that their efforts and life were quite impressive. "They did grow up far too fast." Her head dropped just a bit. What she would give to see her babies as kits once more, happy and free from all that life brought them. "I don't know if it's possible, or if we can earn that blessing, but.." she pressed her head to Badgerclaws, gently nuzzling against him. "To be with you for eternity, and ease our kits minds with new family, is all I could ever ask for, my sun."

@belloblossom I think that wraps it up well enough! )