Greyleaf had been so tired and heavy, her bones had felt as if they were filled with wet fur, while her body was so dry and stiff. All of that pain, all of which she had hid every day since joining the elders den, since the sickness of which stole her love had wrecked her body and left her always feeling a small lump in her throat.

She hid all of it, in some desperate attempt to be there for her family, to be stronger than that, to make the cats who live in the stars believe she was stronger than that. But all must fall to illness and fatigue as their bodies run thin and their appetite gone.

The poor she-cat was so groggy she didn't realize the fact all this pain head vanished as she lifted her head, still resting beside a bundle of fur she presumed to be Cloudshine. Oh.. but it seemed so dark as she peered through squinted eyelids. "Cloudshine, my star." She yawned, flexing her claws slightly. "We've slept far too long, your squirrels gone co-." Black fur. Cloudshine doesn't have black fur..
With a quiet yelp, closer to a squeak in all reality, she pushed back from the cat beside her. "Cloudshine..?" It had to be? Maybe it was the trick of the moonlight..! Cats don't just up and vanish or turn black!
[11:17 PM]
@belloblossom

belloblossom — 02/08/2022

[11:24 PM]
Badgerclaw shifted his weight slightly with a disgruntled chuff.
"My moonbeam, if you're going to shove me, at least do so gently. I may be translucent but I can still feel your claws in my side." He grumbled softly, though there was a humor in his voice. Raising his head and blinking sky blue eyes, he smiled at his mate. He'd been feeling queer all day, pacing in the golden fields, until a familiar scent found its way into his nose and the experienced hunter had tracked it all the way to this very spot. He'd laid down in the grass and soon enough, felt a familiar shape next to him. As far as he could tell, she'd been asleep and he wasn't going to wake her, so he closed his eyes and waited.

Now, he was gazing at her plainly, a relaxed, easy-going smile on his maw, but his eyebrows furrowed for a moment and he reached out a paw to touch her.
"Oh, moonbeam, don't tell me you've forgotten me in all your many, many, many moons without me?" He teased gently. @astralboy

astralboy — 02/08/2022
No, it couldn't be.. it simply couldn't, there was no way. All that ache, all that heart break, and Greyleaf could not believe what lay before her. The one and only thing she'd ever truly wanted back, the cat who'd given and taken everything dear from her in moments, he may before her once more. A part of her felt a shiver of fear and regret, as she recalled Cloudshine in the sand covered clearing. But, alas, there was nothing to do now of that, so instead, she stared.

A choked cry nearly escaped her. "Badgerclaw.." a rush of joy surged through her as his paw reached out to her. As he'd said, she could feel him translucent or not. "Badgerclaw, my love!" She cried, flinging herself to the Tomcat, nuzzling her head frantically beneath his chin to settle against his fur. "Oh, my sun light you came for me.. I'm so sorry.. you waited so long, I've missed you more than I'd miss food if it were to disappear!" Her sun had returned. He had drawn her back to him, she was positive. All she wanted was to be by his side, for all those moons. "I'm so sorry I never kept my promise.. you stayed in the elders den alone for nothing.." the apology she'd waited so long to give..
@belloblossom

belloblossom — 02/08/2022
Badgerclaw practically bellowed his purr as his mate pressed close to him.
"Wow, you'd put me above food? That's how you know it's true love." He chuckled, lapping at the fur on her striped forehead and around her ears. Then, when she apologized, he pulled back to look at her, his gaze full of a deep sadness. "Oh, moonbeam, is that what's plagued you all these moons?" He pressed his forehead to hers, closing his eyes. "Thank you for your apology, but I was never hurt. I was sad to leave you and our kits so soon, but you are here now and so am I. We are here together, and Greyleaf, my love, my life, my moon and sky and all that is good in the world, I will never leave your side again." He knocked his head against hers lightly. "Think of me like a big burr stuck to your fur forever, cause that's how close we'll be." @astralboy
February 9, 2022

astralboy — 02/09/2022
How she'd missed his purr, the way she could feel it rumble against her cheek as she pressed closer, stilling any shaking that had overtaken her in her rush of adrenaline filled bliss. "I would put you over anything, Badgerclaw." She insisted, pulling her head back after a moment to meet his gaze.

"It seems silly, doesn't it..?" She tried to laugh a bit, forcing a weary smile. "All that and all I ever thought about was that one silly promise." She pressed her head gently against his in turn, closing her eyes and savoring his presence. He smelled the same.. looked the same...oh he was here! "They grew up so wonderfully, Badgerclaw.. our kits, they just wanted to make you so proud." She laughed, quiet and steady. Her lungs finally felt clear. "You're the most pleasant burr I've ever met." She argued softly, pressing her nose to his. "And you're home, finally, with me again.."