Quote:
ShadowPanda — 02/09/2022
Flamestar walked along the edge of the riverclan territory, patiently waiting for a patrol to come up. He wanted a meeting with Wildstar, if he was able to even get one. He looked over the unmarked territory, wondering if Wildstar had any plans on expanding to it. In truth, he was very much interested in the territory himself. His home was far too small for all the cats he had. It didn’t take long for a patrol to come along. He made his intentions clear and hoped the new Riverclan leader would be interested in expanding further south, which would place him next to Riverclan. If Wildstar planned on taking it, he would find another solution.

He needed a plan... a place to take his warriors to if they fell. His dream was vivid as day. The smell of blood, twice as many opponents, and death. Was it a warning? He couldn’t tell, but he needed to prepare for whatever was coming his way. He just hoped his clan was ready for it too.
@Teigra

Quote:
Teigra — 02/09/2022
A pair of eyes peered out of the shadows of the foliage, tracking the Fireclan leader's movements along the border. Ah yes, still here. Good. He seemed to be alone? Not that Brighteyes would trust that without checking for herself. She glanced back over her shoulder at the scarred orange tom, who nodded at her with a gentle tail flick. Yes, survey the area. She nodded, silently emerging from the foliage into Flamestar's view before slinking away without a word. The all black she-cat would do a circle of the surrounding area for her leader to ensure all was well before returning to his side after a time.

Meanwhile, Wildstar also stepped into view, the battle-scarred orange tom taking his time to appear in no hurry as to meet the other leader on the border. "Flamestar," he greeted neutrally with a nod, taking a seat. "You requested a meeting with me?"
@ShadowPanda

Quote:
ShadowPanda — 02/09/2022
Flamestar turned his head towards the other leader. He posed no threat. He just wanted to talk. His tail wrapped around his paws. He scanned the area around him. He knew the riverclan leader wouldn’t be alone.

“Yes, I did,” Flamestar stated. “Thank you for meeting me. I would like to congratulate you. Although when I had heard that Riverclan’s new leader was now Wildstar, my first thought was of Wildflower. I do hope you clan is faring well.” Flamestar was trying his best to seem civil. He didn’t know what this tom had heard about him.
@Teigra

Quote:
Teigra — 02/09/2022
Wildstar allowed himself a hint of a chuckle, keeping his expression otherwise neutral. It was not the first confusion related to Wild-prefixes in the clan (and likely would not be the last either). "Riverclan fares well enough," he answered carefully with a gracious nod. "For leafbare at least, which is never especially kind to anyone. And that assumption was a reasonable one. Wildflower continues to serve as my Deputy, however, so she too is well. Thank you." Pleasantries exchanged, the Riverclan leader waited patiently for Flamestar to make his request.

Yes, he still remembered the other tom as Autumnriver as well...they had both once been Lightningclan fellows, at least for a time until life had taken them each in very different directions. Different and yet perhaps similar in a way. It was yet to be seen. However, he reserved any judgments for what he could see with his own eyes. His experiences, his observations, each had led him to where he was today. His trusted advisors as well, but in the end, he was all too familiar that the decision would come down to him ultimately, and he spent much time deliberating these decisions when given the luxury of time to do so.
@ShadowPanda

Quote:
ShadowPanda — 02/09/2022
Flamestar nodded and turned his attention to the unclaimed land. “I suppose I should get to the point. Do you have any plans on taking over the unclaimed land? If so, I will walk away. If not, I hope we can have a friendly talk. See, my territory is small and with Treeclan and the Tribe cats expanding, I’m surrounded on three sides... If something were to happen, I need someone to go. These lands haven’t been claimed. I refuse to let my dream come true.”

Flamestar sighed heavily. He had his clan to think about. Their wellbeing was his top priority.
@Teigra

Quote:
Teigra — 02/09/2022
Wildstar flicked one ear; the only outward sign that he was deeply mulling over what had just been asked of him, as well as how it had been stated. Honestly, he had not had any discussions as of late regarding expanding clan territory. However, he didn't want that to be mistaken for weakness. Not that this meeting felt like an attempt to probe for Riverclan weaknesses either.

"Riverclan is quite large," he began, nodding for emphasis. "However, so is the territory that we currently maintain. At this time, we have no plans of expanding further. Unless some dramatic event occurs that would force us to move our territory lines or leave our own territory for the safety of the clan, we have no plans for those unclaimed lands at present. I respect that you have come to me first to ask. If you have need of them for the safety of the family you have gathered and those that now depend on you for leadership and protection, then you may have them as far as Riverclan is concerned. We will be respectful neighbors as long as you do the same."

After a pause, he held up a paw to indicate that he wasn't completely finished yet. "You...mentioned something about a dream? What sort of dream?" Normally one spoke of seeing their dreams come true as a good thing. But he knew well the sorts of dreams Starclan or Forestclan might deliver to a sleeping cat instead and he was frowning slightly as he waited for denial or confirmation of his suspicions.
@ShadowPanda

Quote:
ShadowPanda — 02/09/2022
A wave of relief washed over Flamestar when Wildstar said they had no plans for expanding. That meant he could claim the free territory and have a safe place to take his clan to if something were to happen. He would have to tell Spiderleg when he got back to send a group to scout it out and find the best plan for a temporary camp.

Flamestar’s ears flattened against his head a little. “Dreams started coming to me... there was screaming, blood, and bodies of warriors.... Each one of my warriors was outnumbered, two to one. Which tells me that either a bigger clan is coming after us, or two clans are coming for us.... I’m... just trying to be prepared. That’s all. You have no idea how relieved I am. I’ll be sure to let you know if anything were to happen and we do end up moving into the territory.”
@Teigra

Quote:
Teigra — 02/11/2022
Wildstar frowned at the description, however, nothing indicated that the dream had come from either of the celestial clans as a warning. Perhaps it was just that, a normal nightmare, if a repeated one. Forestclan knew, he'd had plenty of nightmares of all kinds upon taking over leadership of Riverclan. His doubts and fears had brought him plenty a troubling dream or sleepless night, especially at first. Perhaps all new leaders did the same? And they just didn't speak of it? Who knew?

"Well, let us hope that they are only nightmares and that nothing comes of them," he answered, shaking his head. "No cat should ever have to experience such horrors. I hope then that permission for the unclaimed lands may help soothe your worries, Flamestar, if you do feel the need to move your clan. I am always open for communication and welcome such civil discussions as this." Rational discussion was always preferred to the alternatives. How many times had he witnessed violence stemming from stubbornness, lack of communication, or misunderstandings? Too many, that was for sure.

"While I of course must consider the wellbeing of Riverclan first, if there is anything else you may need of me, or of us, please be sure to let me know. If it is something we are capable of assisting with without endangering our own, then I am happy to listen at the very least. I value open communication, within my clan, as well as with the other clans."
@ShadowPanda

Quote:
ShadowPanda — 02/12/2022
It warmed his heart that Wildstar was willing to help him. Sparrowstar also said she could take him in if need be, but with what happened with him and how he left, he wasn't sure that would be a good idea. He felt like it would be better just to run to the unclaimed lands.

"You have no idea how much I appreciate this, Wildstar," Flamestar said, lowering his head in respect to the other leader. "You patrols may see Fireclan cats in this area, exploring and such from now on. I hope we can stay on friendly terms."
@Teigra

Quote:
Teigra — 02/12/2022
Wildstar nodded. "I will inform the rest of Riverclan, so that no misunderstandings will occur. I too hope the same. There are far more than enough dangers in the world already; I prefer not having to treat my kin with the hostility I reserve for foxes and the like." He inclined his head slightly as well, eyes shifting to the black cat who had returned to his side in silence while they spoke. "Brighteyes; let us return and inform the others of these developments. Safe travels to you, Flamestar," he finished, rising to his paws.
@ShadowPanda