[PRP] Moving On [Utatu x Jyem]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:44 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Moving on had never been a choice -- he had to. It had been many many eons since the days when he felt his heart shatter under Sahaulifu's paw. It hadn't been her fault, no, but he had continuously stuck around hoping the story might change in his favor. It was a ridiculous one, now that he had retold it several times; he had fallen for a woman who had memory issues and forgotten she had a mate briefly, resulting in, when she fell pregnant, a great debate about who the father truly was. Was it he? Or the male she was betrothed to?

Utatu had stayed until the cubs were born, and then... stayed even longer, waiting to scoop an unhappy Sahaulifu off her feet as her own relationship crumpled into a miserable heap. Her partner had thrown threats around and tossed their love aside, and Utatu waited. Waited and waited and waited, feeling hope as the days turned into months and Sahaulifu began to seek him out. Began to ask him to spend time with her children. Began to lean against him and smile at him as she had during their "mistake".

But, again, she forgot, and suddenly her memory flipped once more, favoring the mate she had begun to claim she didn't want anymore. Utatu had left shortly after, leaving behind a broken heart and a story he knew he shouldn't have pursued. A story that took years to end, and even now he wondered if he had made the right decision.

No, of course he had. Would she have forgotten him too if they did lay claim to one another? Was it morally ethical to even attempt to sweep her off her paws? When would it be because she wanted him more, and when would it be because she forgot her mate? It was the right choice, but it had hardened him for years following. How couldn't it? Love never graced his door again -- he also hadn't tried to find it himself, but Utatu had begun to wonder if he just wasn't fit. If his past actions were due to a great inability on his part, and this was the road he deserved.

Whatever it was, Utatu had been alone for a long time, and he had learned how to flourish on his own. He wandered the rogue lands with ease, tending to his needs without anyone else to ask or question. Today was one of those days -- he was out hunting, crouched deep within a bush as he eyed an impala that had no clue of his presence. Any second now he'd take what was his and carry it off to his temporary den.

Any second now....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:13 pm
NymiiNym

User Image

Jyem woke up slowly as the sun crested over the horizon. She took her time waking up and doing slow stretches. It was another normal day for her. The leopard headed down to her water hole to take a long drink as she decided what she wanted to do this day. A rumble in her stomach decided her that she'd try a hunt today. Her drink finished, Jyem headed off to her preferred hunting grounds.

After traveling all morning she settled into place to watch. It wasn't long before an impala herd crossed in front of her graze. Jyem licked her lips. Impala were delicious if one could catch them. She crouched and moved around slowly to get into the best position possible. She was so focused upon getting into position she didn't noticed the lurking cheetah nearly the same color of the grass and ground. Jyem actually tripped over him and fell onto her side with an "oooof!"

The impala herd spooked and started moving away. Jyem shook her head as she got to her paws. She looked down at the cheetah with a slight frown. It really hadn't been his fault he was in her way. The leopard heaved a sigh and looked back toward retreating impala herd. It would probably be the rest of the afternoon before they slowed and she might be able to hunt again. "Uh sorry about that. I didn't see you hunting here."

magnadearel

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:58 pm
It happened all at once.

Something had tripped over him and sent him crashing with them, and with his fall the impala fled. A strangled grunt of frustration left him as he scrambled, long limbs thrashing for solid ground, untangling himself from the unknown creature and uprighting his body.

Oh.
A leopard.

A pretty leopard, at that, but still someone unknown. Utatu shifted his weight onto his haunches and settled, glancing over himself with a soft sigh. The impala was lost, there was no helping that, but he wasn't going to be rude.

"It's okay," he answered, flicking his gaze over her. "Are you okay? I didn't know anyone was around; you're good at hiding your presence."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:17 pm
NymiiNym

It took a moment to untangle herself from the long limbs of the poor unfortunate who she'd tripped over. She eventually got herself separated and on her own paws once again. Jyem shook the dust from coat and then looked at the other. It was a cheetah, which explained the long limbs. She cast a look over her shoulder only to not see an impala in sight. She'd have to track them down again before she could make another attempt.

"Uh sorry about that. I wasn't watching where I was going because I was hunting the impala." She explained. Jyem noticed him looking in the direction of the herd too and wondered if he'd been hunting or watching them too. She nodded, "nothing hurt but the pride. Are you ok?" She hoped she hadn't hurt him with her weight. Cheetahs were so lanky!

The leopard flushed. "Thanks. You're really good too, I didn't even know you were there." She plopped her butt into the dirt and let out a long breath. "Were you after the herd too? I'm sorry I scared them away. I plan on tracking them down again. You can come with me if you want as an apology for scaring them away."

magnadearel

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:09 pm
He examined himself, lifting one leg and then another before twirling slowly in place, fully selling the experience. Yup, all good here.

"All looks good," he couldn't help the cheeky grin at his own joke, tilting his head back towards where the impala had once been. They probably had sprinted far, which wasn't too much of a problem for the fast cheetah. He likely could track them down if he really put his nose to the ground for a bit, or at least head in the direction they had bolted to.

"Hm?" His attention returned to her, tail flipping softly. "Thank you. I'm not the strongest, being a cheetah, so I have to rely on my stealth. I just- well, I'm still terribly sorry you ended up tripping over me in the process." She felt bad but he felt equally as responsible; he really should have been paying attention. Now he had cost both of them a meal, unless...

She was a leopard, which meant she was more built for brute force than he was. They could work well together, if they communicated properly, and the mishap would have a welcome result. It was perfect, even! He nodded enthusiastically, stretching his long limbs until he heard a faint 'pop!'

"That'd be perfect, count me in. I'm Utatu, by the way." His eyes lingered briefly on her forehead, noting the intricate shards of color with a masked interest. Pretty.

"Have you ever hunted with a cheetah before? "

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:29 pm
NymiiNym

She calmly watched as the cheetah checked himself out. He did make quite a show of it, but she kept her patience. She expected his final answer since he wasn't acting hurt at all. It was a relief, though when he finally did give it, but she kept that to herself.

"I'm glad to hear that." As a cheetah he could go so much faster than her, if only for a short time. Jyem nodded. She could understand that. As a leopard, she didn't have the cheetah burst of speed, and had to rely heavily on her stealth to get close enough to make a successful hunt. Her stomach rumbled audibly to remind her of the most recent failure.

She was surprisingly pleased that the cheetah agreed to her offer. It was nice that he wasn't mad at her for costing them both the hunt. Perhaps by working together they could succeed. With two, they could go after prey bigger than what either could hunt alone. It sounded ideal to provide enough meat for both of them.

"I'm Jyem." The leopard thought about his question for a moment. Had she? She wracked her brain, but couldn't come up with any point in time that she had. "I don't think so. Have you hunted with a leopard?"

magnadearel

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:25 am
Her stomach rumbled and he chuckled lowly, tail flicking in faint acknowledgment. Yeah, he was hungry too. He surveyed her, not quite so subtle about it this time. He was fast and she was stealthy and stronger if he understood leopards correctly. This could work out perfectly if they played their cards right.

"I haven't." Jyem -- a nice name. He liked it. "Let's start tracking them, so we don't lose their scent." That, and he was growing hungrier by the minute. He had previously pinpointed the direction they had fled in, which he began moving towards, pausing for a moment until Jyem caught up to his side.

"I think we can play to both our strengths. I could isolate and chase one towards you, while you remain in hiding until the pivotal moment."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:25 pm
NymiiNym
Sorry for the wait!

Decision made and it was time to get a move on. Jyem sighed to herself at the trek that was before them. That herd had moved out fast and there were only tracks left. The sooner she got this going, the faster they could get their bellies filled. The leopard rose to her paws and set out with purpose. The ground passed swiftly under her as she settled into her traveling pace.

While they moved, the cheetah laid out a plan. Jyem listened and gave it a ponder. "That sounds like as good a plan as any to be honest." In truth she was happy to leave the running in the hot sun to the cheetah. "Even a couple will do. We'll find a good spot downwind of them once we get close enough and I'll hide."

The sun had moved a good amount across the sky before she laid her eyes on the herd once more. Jyem slowed down to a crawl and got as low as she could. She scanned the surrounding area after determined which direction the wind was blowing. She had to find a good spot to hide. Checking out the herd and finding a prey item was Utatu's job. After a minute of looking, Jyem finally found a spot she was happy with. She nudged the cheetah. "I'm going over there, give me a few minutes before you start." With that, the leopard moved off to get into place.

magnadearel

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff