Luna

Text Channel
temp-allies-robin-x-feather
Search

Welcome to #temp-allies-robin-x-feather!
This is the start of the #temp-allies-robin-x-feather channel.

Edit Channel
February 2, 2022

belloblossom — 02/02/2022
Ever since Robinstar had come across the Tribe cats hunting in the forest, had seen their strength up close, even in the most dire of circumstances, her interest had peaked. TreeClan didn't have many allies - in fact, she'd go so far to say as though they didn't have any at this point. She'd believed them to be on good footing with LightningClan, who gave TreeClan it's original territory willingly. However, now that Brightstar had stepped down and Sparrowstar had taken her place, Robinstar wasn't sure how the new leader would think of their border neighbors.

Before the extension of their borders, TreeClan had only bordered one other Clan (if you could even call it that, when it seemed to be formed out of nothing but spiteful rogues.) FireClan... Robinstar couldn't find it in herself to take them seriously, not with the reasoning for their beginning. But now... now there was another group of cats they bordered with. The Tribe had also extended their borders that leaf-bare and Robinstar was intrigued to share a border with them. It seemed to her that FireClan was so small now, stuck between the two groups. How would it manage to sustain itself?

If they grow any further, they will be forced to overhunt in their territory and may try to sneak into our territory - or the Tribe's. She'd reasoned. Perhaps if I could convince the Tribe's leader of this worry, she would aid me in taking preventative steps. All cats would benefit if there was one less Clan to worry about. With that, she'd conferred with her deputy and medicine cat. Riversong had backed her up, something that came as a relief to her. Riversong tended to opt for diplomacy most moons, but evidently she would not question Robinstar's made up mind and she was grateful for that. Once she discussed with Isisblossom and received the travelling herbs for her and three other cats, she started out the patrol up to the tribe. (edited)

She'd taken Longtail, Bramblecaw and Brackenbreeze with her and they'd taken some time to get there - the journey was hardly a short one. The herbs that Isisblossom had given them certainly helped though they still stopped to hunt - Robinstar was of the mind that a gift of prey would be a good starting point. They didn't catch it on enemy territory and carried it with them as they went. It was a testament to her and her warriors' resilience that they refused to eat the prey they'd caught. Later, the patrol had stopped by Pumpkin's den- now encased by the Tribe's scent to rest before continuing on. She wondered if the kittypet had a say in the matter.

Now, TreeClan's leader and her two Clanmates stood at the base of the mountain. She gazed up at it, catching the fresh scent of Tribe cats. Going by the scent markers here, she hoped that she was correct in assuming that Tribe cats were nearby. (edited)
[1:26 AM]
Robinstar took a few steps forward, placed her bird at her paws and instructed her warriors to stay just behind her as she waited for the patrol to circle around and notice the Clan cats, so that she may beg an audience with their leader.@Luna

Luna — 02/02/2022
After that leafbare and their expanse of territory, Feather had been sending out numerous patrols to enforce the new borders as well as the old. While things had gone relatively peaceful from what she had heard, at least with Treeclan, there were a few loners her cats couldn't speak for and of course, Fireclan. Their border was literally between Tree and Tribe and yet no cat showed a hair that day, at least that her cats had noticed. Had they all died off from lack of food? Or had they simply hunkered down due to their small numbers and remained somewhat unaffected?

Pah, nonsense. No cat could have possibly been well fed that leafbare besides Pumpkin and his other kittypet friend. He had tried to offer Omen some of his kibble but Omen had declined, smart of him. Feather would have to reward him later. But Omen had also told her that Pumpkin was fine in cats claiming the territory around his up-walkers (what she calls two legs) house as long as they promised not to invade the back yard.

Seemed easy enough.

She was just musing gathering another patrol for the new borders when one of her returning patrols came to her den with news. Apparently Treeclan was at their border with prey and apparently Robinstar had accompanied them. Feather's tail flicked in both curiosity and slight irritation. What could the Treeclan leader want now? She had so far kept her word of remaining as neutral as possible as long as all cats respected their borders. "Alright, I will meet with her. Sky Fall, ask Badger Bounce to double down on the nursery and aid them. Fly High, take Omen and watch the elders den. If anything happens to Hissing Squeak I'll have your head. Rapture, grab Ibex and Big Mama, I want them in charge of camp while I'm gone. Hopefully Mama's stomach is soothed now...." she added as an after thought. "And if I hear word any of you set paw over a border and that's what this is about, I'll have you for trohpies." she growled, her tone normal but fierce.

Seeking out some of her most trusted cats, she came to Moonhigh, Legend and Nyra who had been at the gathering that day to attend her. She had Moonhigh gather some herbs for a quick trip if need be and Nyrah and Legend to each bring a rabbit and a mouse respectively from their kill pile. She wanted to keep this as civil as possible, for now. She doubted her patrol would lie to her about Robinstar coming with offerings, especially after a long journey to their mountain borders.

Once they had been settled, she checked with the three Huntmasters and set off, leading them as quickly as she could toward where the patrol had said the Treeclan cats had been. Sure enough as they got closer, the figures of cats came into view, most notably Robinstar, their leader. Letting out a loud yowl to announce herself, Feather raised her tail to signal her Huntmasters to slow and came to a graceful stop at the border.

She looked at the Treeclan cats before her three beside her, motioning for them to set down the prey, but still on their side. "Robinstar, I heard you were here." she began, keeping her head high, the sun just catching parts of her golden fur. "For what do we owe the visit? Nothing....foul... I hope?" she asked, tilting her head a bit, her eyes subtly darting from Robinstar to each of her warriors, checking for any signs of a sudden attack or planned pounce.

@belloblossom
(also @Caffers cause she wants to read XD) (edited)

Much to Robinstar's relief, it didn't take long to gain a meeting with the leader of the tribe. She'd had a bit of a refresher before leaving and stopped to remind herself that the leader wasn't called that in a tribe. Something like a Mountain... Searcher? Speaker? Seeker! That's what it was. And their warriors were Hunters or some such. She admittedly didn't know too much of the inner workings of the Tribe, but hopefully she could get by on her limited knowledge for this meeting.

She looked ahead as an announcing yowl sounded across the mountain territory. She twitched her ears forward and rose to her paws from where she'd previously been sitting, instructing her warriors to do the same with a subtle flick of her tail. At Feather's introduction and subsequent inquiry, Robinstar offered a small smile and shake of her head.

"Nothing foul, I assure. In fact, I hope you may think it just the opposite. However, first..." She flicked picked up the bird she'd carried in her mouth and was relieved that her warriors followed suit, leaning forward to place the prey just at the border where Feather and her hunters stood. "I thank you for the time you've made to come see us. May this be a showing of how much we appreciate such civility." Robinstar would not outright offer friendship of the tribe, not until her proposal was accepted... if it was accepted.
[6:10 PM]
Stepping back and away from the prey, she sat down again, curling her tail neatly over her paws - she meant no harm or aggression here. She wanted this meeting to go as smoothly as possible.
"I'll get straight to it, then." Robinstar said, straight-backed and clear. "I come to offer a proposal of an alliance for a purpose that I think would serve us both well." She declared. "FireClan is a small group of rogues and loners who have tried the patience of every cat they've come into contact with. While TreeClan has been known to take in loners or cats from alternate Clans before, it is to offer a safe space for these cats, unlike FireClan, who was built by a leader who seemed to want to spite others and spite us he has." Her whiskers twitched in dry amusement. "Autumnriver, or Flamestar, as he's started calling himself, has shown himself to only care about his own interests instead of looking at the whole picture and it is my belief that such a Clan would be unhealthy to the forest or the mountains, where he seems to have invaded when trying to find his own territory." She was sure that Feather had noticed as much - how could the Tribe leader not, when FireClan territory had been pressing in on their borders since its creation?
[6:17 PM]
"Thus, my proposal is as such. TreeClan plans on getting rid of FireClan via battle. There's no point in trying to speak diplomatically to Autumnriver - he's too foolish to ever see reason. If you and your Tribe mates will join me in driving the cats out of their territory, then you can regain the territory by your mountain - TreeClan only requests the tree-laden space that surrounds FireClan camp, the majority would be rightfully yours, once more." For indeed, territory wasn't her main goal - they had just expanded their own, after all. What Robinstar wanted was a ginger thorn in her side removed. "What say you, in regards to my proposal, Mountain Seeker Feather?" @Luna @Caffers

Luna — 02/02/2022
Feather sniffed at the prey, but did not touch it yet. She wanted to see what this was all about first and as the other leader assured her nothing foul and relaxed her position, so too did the tribe leader. She sat down, curling her tail around her paws and listened. Curiously at first but then intently.

"So the other clans feel the same about Fireclan as well?" she chuckled, raising a paw and drawing a tongue across it for a few brief licks before running it across her whiskers. "I simply wanted the pests gone from my precious mountain home. Their scent pushes up against our southern mountains and it burns my nose." she stated simply, letting out a soft hiss. Her fur bristled just thinking about it. hearing that Robinstar wanted them gone, and apparently how said Fireclan was even formed, sent a wave of thrill down her spine. While she was glad her Huntmasters came back safe from the impromptu gathering, she was also itching to sink her claws into something other than a hawk or mountain kid.

"I think your demands are just." she said, rising to her paws, a purr just forming in her throat. "The Tribe of the High Mountain would be more than thrilled to help you chase these vermin from the forest lands so that you may reclaim your trees and we reclaim the open spaces around the river that flows from our mountain." she purred, glancing towards Legend, Nyra and Moonhigh for their approval, glad to see smirks upon their muzzles.

She chuckled again, glancing back towards Robinstar. "If you have a while to spare for strategy I am happy to share thoughts and wisdom. And am now glad we as well brought prey." she said, signaling for her tribemates to drop the rabbit and mouse near the others. "It's a long way back for you all, feel free to eat as you need. For the moment the tribe is fine." she mrrowed, her eyes glistening in excitement.