Mousekit hadn't been alive very long, but she'd heard of the notion of ForestClan and their code. She didn't know much about the Great Battle - only her mother, Riversong, really talked about that, while her mama, Robinstar seemed to shrug it away. She imagined the cats in ForestClan as being as large as trees and as powerful as her mothers! She wasn't scared at the idea of meeting them one day - really she wasn't! In fact, if anything, she was kind of excited! She wanted to join them one day, because that meant she would get so much bigger!

"Waiting to grow up is so haaaard!" She mewed as she pranced around the forest, its leaves clustered together high overhead, not letting any light in at all.

"Ugh, tell me about it." Came another squeaking voice and Mousekit's head whipped around in surprise. She hadn't realized it until then, she'd imagined herself to be in TreeClan camp. Instead, these woods began to look ominous and spooky - unfamiliar, anyway. And she was very aware of the fact that she was alone. Where were Squirrelkit and Thrushkit, or her mothers?

"Who-who's there?" She mewed timidly, ready to bolt away at any sign of danger. "My mothers are the leader and deputy of TreeClan - I'm not scared of you! But... but they'll beat you up if you hurt me!" She added with a shrill growl.

What rounded the corner, however, was no threat, but another kit. This kit had green eyes and yellow... no, golden fur that seemed to glow as brightly as its eyes did. She was stripy and not stripy at the same time, but for all accounts and purposes, she looked friendly enough. After all, what harm could a kit do?

"Oh... Uh... hi there. What's your name?" Mousekit asked. "My name's Mousekit." She added quickly, remembering her manners that her mother, Riversong, had taught her. "It's nice to meet you."
belloblossom — 02/12/2022
Rosewood had been walking in anyone's dreams besides Golem's lately. Ever since their last "training" session, where he pretty much showed her how weak and defenseless she had been all along, she hadn't wanted to go see him for a long while. She didn't know how long it had been, not really, but she wasn't about to start back now.

So, instead, she'd walked into a totally new dreamer's world, one that seemed so small. In it, still in the dark forest terrain that Rosewood recognized would follow her through all of her dreams, was a kit that was smaller even than Rosewood herself. She followed along the kit, parallel to her pawsteps from only a few trees away. She would've likely followed in silence, had the kit not professed how waiting to grow up was hard. Rosewood hadn't been able to hold back a reply - the sentiment of aging was never lost on the dead kitten.

And now there she was, out confronting this... Mousekit of TreeClan.
"Did they name you that cause you're so small?" She asked. Rosewood hadn't even been a day old when she'd gone to ForestClan, so to be bigger than this spotted kit was something of a rarity.

Mousekit had wrinkled her nose, obviously displeased but not sure if Rosewood had insulted her or merely remarked on her appearance. Rosewood refrained from rolling her eyes, already feeling loads more grown up than this kitten.

"My name is Rosewood." She mewed. "I'm a ForestClan cat - that's where you are right now." She could see Mousekit's eyes grow wide in horror. "Oh, uh, you aren't dead. You're just dreaming. You... know what a dream is, don't you?" She waited and then after a while, Mousekit nodded. Rosewood breathed out a sigh of relief. She did not want to have to comfort a baby right now.

"But... if you're a ForestClan cat, how come you're so small?" Mousekit asked and immediately, Rosewood began to bristle.

"I'm not small, you're small! I-I-Goodbye!" She hissed and then darted away. Ugh, kits were the worst! (Fin)