Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Scouting a Psychic - The Next Galarian Gym Leader? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:35 am
[One day after the conclusion of the World Champion Cup.]

The World Champion Cup is now behind the world and a new champion, Green of Kanto, has been crowned. The trainer will now tour the world going from region to region to unite the globe under her year-long reign, her title largely symbolic. While most trainers who partook are enjoying a relaxing break there are two who will not be allowed to do so.

[Location: Budew Drop Inn, Galar]

It was morning, the day after the conclusion of the World Champion Cup, the trainers who had made the Budew Drop Inn their home for the duration of the tournament now waking up and facing the grueling challenge of packing their belongings and heading home. Two Snagems however would wake up being presented to a much different challenge, a knock on their respective doors first thing in the morning. Opening their doors to see who would be up this early and what they wanted they would be confronted each with a Corviknight with a letter for them in their beaks. Once they took the letter the bird would squawk and bounce off down the hallway. The letters would read:

"Dear Reno/Terashi,

Congratulations on your participation in the World Champion Cup! While neither of you may have won you still fought valiantly, so much so that we have taken a keen interest in you and your capabilities. As such we are inviting you to join us on the Isle of Armor to take part in a different challenge, the selection of the next Psychic Gym Leader.

If you are unaware the Galar Pokemon League is unique in that there is a Gym Leader for every Pokemon type, however only eight are selected as the 'major league' which gives out gym badges and are allowed a region sanctioned and provided gym. The other ten are considered the 'minor league' which are seen as reserve Gym Leaders who are allowed to once a year participate in a tournament for the right to challenge the lowest ranking Gym Leader for their major league position. Outside of this they are encouraged to train themselves, take on pupils as possible future gym trainers, travel the region to advocate for their future gym for public support and sponsorships, as well as other occasional events.

While your presence is not required we do hope you will join us. No response is needed, if you wish to accept the challenge simply take the train ticket enclosed and head to the nearest train station, it will take you to Armor Station on the Isle of Armor. The challenge will take place over three days and lodging and meals will be provided to you.

We eagerly await your arrival.

Sincerely,

The Galarian Pokemon League  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 7:40 am
"Just do it and get it over with already,"

I was a bit surprised that my father advocated me becoming a Gym Leader in Galar of all regions. "You know they'd expect me to live IN Galar, right?" I warned him.

"Yes, Galar is the worst region on the planet. Not one of us in this family disagrees with that sentiment. But if you want to make this Pokemon thing a career you can retire from in forty years or so, this is how you get your foot in the door."

"You say that like they're inviting me to a gym that matters," I grunted. "According to the letter, the gym they're inviting me to run isn't even on the mainland. They call it the 'minor' leagues which is stupid because by the time anyone goes to these offshore gyms they'll have already cleared the circuit in the mainland." I was basically begging for someone to come argue with me since I was on the phone with my patriotic father in the middle of the room where the inn was serving breakfast. Of course, I was a proud Unovan who could care less about the opinions of Galarians, so I didn't even think of taking this conversation elsewhere.

"They're Galarian, Terashi. Of course they way of running their region is backwards," My father responded, "Just - look! If you do this thing... if you show the other regions that you're interested in becoming a Gym Leader by taking this challenge now, you could be invited to compete for the right to run a proper Gym in a proper region! That's what I meant by foot in the door. I assume they expect you to compete for the title, anyway."

"Oh, they do." I huffed, looking at the letter's header. "They couldn't even bother to take five minutes to change a few words around. The first three words are 'Dear Reno slash Terashi." Punch me in the d**k, why don't you people.'

"I assume that's one of your Snagem friends," Father said sternly.

"Associate," I insisted. "I don't really know the guy too well but he acts like he has a hateboner for me sometimes. That and he likes to use his Channeling ability to stick his nose in other people's business. I mean, sure, I can sense emotions, but I typically keep what I find to myself unless I can use it to help someone, or prevent someone from ruining someone else's day. Or life."

"And yes, I do still intend to talk to you about Team Snagem, but I'm going to do so in person as soon as I can. It'll be better that way for both of us." I told him.

"Good," Father nodded. I was calling him using my Crosstransceiver so yes, I could see his face. "Also, don't use your ability on me. Ever."

"I don't need to know what kind of stress your work is putting on you anyway," I replied half-handedly.

"Right, that's... ...what I meant," Father deflected.

"Fine, I'll... finish eating and head over there. Talk to you when I get home," I sighed, hanging up. I was NOT looking forward to actually going there, though. Didn't help that the people delivering the letter woke me up. Being woken up, as opposed to waking up on my own, made me crabby.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 9:11 pm
Reno would barely even need to get off his nice, cushy bed when the Corviknight arrived at the door. A quick flick of the wrist towards the door and a small amount of slime would extend off and quickly open the door before snapping back. Another launched tiny hand would grab the letter from the Corviknight, and a third would give the bird a small pat on the head before it went on its way back down the hall. Cracking open the letter, Reno would quickly browse over the contents and immediately give a sigh. It was going to be him and Ter for this? Welll....he could leave behind his arm for this. Make it a fair match.

It would only take a few moments to gather his supplies and start off towards the train station, getting a free listen to Ter and his father doing their best to make sure Ter got lynched somewhere between the lobby and the station. Well, that would have certainly been one way to take the win here and get standing in a second major Gym league. Either way, Reno would quickly hand over the ticket for his train ride out to the island and begin to sit back and wait. Out of all the supplies he grabbed, the one thing he had forgotten was a book to read while being transported. This was suddenly going to be a much longer wait than anticipated.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 9:33 am
Both Terashi and Reno would find their train to be sparsely populated, a quick count confirming there to only be eight passengers on board including themselves. No one really spoke to one another, then again Psychics weren't exactly known to be chatty. One trainer was quietly sitting in meditation, a Pokeball floating in front of him via telekinesis. Another was busily taking pictures out the window, dressed as if he just came from a vacation in the tropics. The one passenger that was most likely to get their attention was the top hat wearing Psychic with the Pokeballs orbiting said hat, glaring at all the other passengers. What was his problem?

The train would make its way across the long bridge which connected the Isle of Armor to the mainland and would eventually pull into Armor Station. Immediately upon stopping the touristy looking trainer would stash his phone away and run out the doors, the other passengers following behind. Mister top hat however remained seated, as if waiting for Reno and Terashi to leave so that he might be last.

"Greetings and welcome to the Isle of Armor!" A woman, dressed like the referees and other employees working the WCC, would greet the gathered Psychic trainers in the station, once they were all off the train. "First please allow me the honor to be the first to thank you for participating in our challenge. However I regret to inform you that your journey is not yet over. Please make your way to Master Dojo at the other end of the Fields of Honor. It is there where your challenge will take place. Fortunately you can't miss the dojo in the horizon."

Without delay the other trainers would head out to trek across the Fields of Honor to make way for the Master Dojo. Again though the top hat wearing Psychic remained behind, glaring at anyone still staying behind.

(Feel free to detail walking across the Fields of Honor and if you want to catch a Pokemon here you can though there will be other opportunities.)  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 1:03 pm
Once the train came to a stop, I let Luna out of her ball. As she was using her Dream Mist, I turned to Mister Top Hat and gave him a peace sign with my left hand as Psion Mirage manifested, rendering me invisible and leaving behind an illusion of myself sitting there holding up the peace sign. This would give off quite a bit of Psychic-type energy, but the bus was full of Channelers and Psychic trainers so there was plenty of Psychic Energy emanating in the area. Only mind readers like Reno and Psychic experts would be able to see what I did. Psion Mirage was meant to fool the mind, after all. That said, Luna's Dream Mist couldn't feasibly cover the entire route leading up to the Master Dojo, so once I was out of the bus I was out in the open. Even if I had a cloud of Dream Mist surrounding me, the Psychic energy alone would be tip off all the wild Pokemon in an open field, so there wasn't a point to keeping up the mirage.

As I headed north through the route, I couldn't help but pick up on a few signatures of Psychic energy. It wasn't just the trainers that came from the bus, either. This route was home to some wild Psychic-type pokemon, as well. Abra and Kadabra, Slowpoke, inkay and Malamar, Starmie, and even Ralts. However, i wasn't interested in fighting wild Pokemon and avoided tall grass as much as possible, opting to weave my way through the route and avoid conflict as much as I could. I even used Luna's Dream Mist to avoid getting sucked into battles with some of the locals that were roaming around. Of course, I couldn't evade battle entirely. Eventually, I found myself on a narrow path that was being blocked by a very odd Slowpoke, both in the way that it looked with a weird yellow crest on its forehead and in the way it behaved - standing on its hind legs and glaring right at me. At first, I thought it was just standing forward, but attempts to walk past were met with resistance that made it clear that this Slowpoke had a problem with me specifically. Confused, and curious about the crest on its forehead, I did something I haven't needed to do in a very long time.

I pulled out my Academy Pokedex.

Slowpoke, the Dopey Pokemon.

Although this Pokemon is normally zoned out, its expression abruptly sharpens on occasion. The cause for this seems to lie in Slowpoke's diet, which has not only numbed the pain in its tail, but has given it a spicy flavor. Because of this, the Slowpoke native to Galar have a reputation of being skilled fishermon.

This only amplified my curiosity, so I looked up the data of Galarian Slowpoke's evolutionary line. The Slowpoke in front of me didn't take well to being ignored, but Luna graciously floated around me until she was between me and Slowpoke, taking the hit meant for me and giving me time to discover that not only was this Slowpoke not a Water-type, it evolved into a Poison/Psychic type - an intresting combination, Further study showed that evolving a Galar-native Slowpoke required items that could only be found in Galar, which killed my interest in this Pokemon entirely - I had no intention of setting foot on this region again once my business here was done. Sighing in disappointment and putting away my Academy Pokedex, I mentally reached out to the Betyl Stone in my pocket. I then reached out to Rala and used her mind as a soundboard to broadcast my thoughts telepathically to Slowpoke. "I don't have anything against you. Let me pass and you can go about the rest of your day unharmed," I said simply, trying to calm it down so I could get to where I was going. It didn't work, however, and Luna had to take another attack Slowpoke aimed at me.

I shrugged at that point. He was asking for it by now. "Imprison," I said simply. Luna cooed and charged up Psychic-energy, creating an energy seal which she placed on Slowpoke's forehead, around the crest. This would prevent Slowpoke from using any moves Luna knew. That should block off some of his stronger moves, or so I thought. This only further enraged Slowpoke, however, and while it wasn't part-Water, it still had access to some Water-type moves, like Water Pulse, which it immediatly used on Luna to hold her in a pulsating water sphere. She was already floating before that, so only the water damage really affected her.

"Alright, if that's the game you REALLY wanna play," I muttered, pushing my glasses up to my face. "Use Shadow Ball," I told Luna. With the best nod she could do with no neck (which was basically just floating counter-clockwise and then clockwise, Luna gathered Ghost-type energy in front of her into a ball and launched it at Slowpoke, hurting him immensely if his emotions were any indication - even though he didn't look too hurt. -I wasn't interested in catching it at this point , but I could at least be merciful enough to use a normally effective move to do so to not amplify its emotional response any further. That said, it wasn't done fighting yet, and launched itself at Luna, striking at her with Dark-type energy via Foul Play. Luna hadn't used any stat-boosting moves prior to that attack, but it was still a super-effective move and she'd taken a few hits prior to his, so she was on the ground not long after getting hit. She hadn't fainted just yet, but I was getting tired of this nonsense, anyway.

The second Luna was back in her ball, Rala was standing beside me and charging a Moonblast. "I tried being nice. Stand aside or faint. I really don't have time for this," I huffed, pinching the bridge of my nose. Slowpoke still stood there with an imposing glare, and while it looks like he was preparing another attack, in no universe was he outspeeding Rala. The Moonblast flew, crashing down on Slowpoke like a meteor and exploding like the kind of bomb you'd see in fantasy video games.. Wasn't sure if that was a personal touch of Rala's or commonplace for Moonblast - or just my imagination. Slowpoke was on his back once the energy from the explosion scattered and dissipated, but he wasn't out yet. If anything, he was still determined to stand his ground even though he wasn't entirely capable of that anymore. I didn't know what his beef was with me or this tract of land, but honestly, I had to kind of admire his determination at this point.

Then I picked up something from him that left Rala with a crestfallen look. Apparently, he had sensed my energy as I was avoiding the locals and liked what he felt, I had to imagine his opinion of me went down a peg when I decided to resort to brute force to getting him out of my path, but since his determination hadn't wavered a bit, that was just a guess. I still wasn't entirely sure that I wanted to raise something that needed to be in Galar to see its true potential, but the look Rala gave me at this point basically sealed my fate. "Screw it," I muttered to myself, taking a Poke Ball form my bag and tossing it lightly at the collapsed Slowpoke. Part of me expected the Slowpoke to burst out of the ball shortly after being engulfed by it, but that didn't happen until after the telltale click of a successful catch, whereupon Slowpoke latched onto my shoulder in a hug, smiling happily before being whisked away via Teleport to the Snagem Pokemon Storage System.

"He really likes you," Rala said telepathically with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, apparently," I replied, straightening up the sleeve Slowpoke was on a second ago before taking a step forward. "Let's get going," Shortly afterward, I made it to the Master Dojo with Rala by my side. I wasn't surprised to see quite a few of the people that were on the bus had already made it here. There were still stragglers, though, so there was waiting to be done before we could start the next step.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:02 pm
The train ride had been extremely uneventful for Reno, almost downright hostile to a certain degree. He had attempted to start talks with some of the other candidates he was less acquainted with and been rebuffed generally at every turn by the people in question. But he made sure to skip two of the other seven occupants, namely being Terashi and dollar store Zepelli busy doing his best to show off how powerful he was by floating around Pokeballs. Terashi because he had absolutely no desire to get into some debate over the man's breakfast conversation that would guarantee that the rest of the train was more openly hostile to the both of them. Top hat because....he looked like he had swallowed a Toxapex whole five minutes ago.

But eventually, they would arrive at the station and Reno could already spy a fast way across the lands to where he expected they needed to head. Opening up a Pokeball and giving a nod to Nalu, he and the Alolan Raichu would casually drift out of the train car to the announcement that they needed to charge across the Fields of Honor to a Master Dojo. Reno would only slow down to listen and confirm exactly what he was about do, carefully sliding across the train platform at the pace of a Slakoth stampede. And as soon as he confirmed everything, Reno would kick off the station and take off towards the waterfront that the other contestants seemed less inclined to approach. Giving a little spin as he reached and began to skate across the water, Reno would stop himself to look back towards where he could see Ter beginning to adventure down his own path and Nalu following alongside him with a smile on his face as he began to do a few jumps and flips off the small bits of wake that he could kick into the air off of.

It was amazing how well he could keep sight of Ter as he was continuing on his path. Heck, he was certain that a few of the terrain features he was seeing past would've completely blocked his vision before this. And he couldn't feel the slight tickle of ocean spray on his leg anymore.....oh that wasn't good. Turning himself back around, he soon identified the issue as a couple of Drifloon had decided to grab the drifting Psychic and were attempting to kidnap him due to his own psionic assistance. Staring at the tiny ghosts with a nonplussed expression, Reno would quickly halt his propulsion with grumpy indignation. And just like that, the Drifloon and their kidnap victim would both plunge into the water. Taking a moment to stay underneath the water to make sure the Ghost types got the picture, Reno would eventually begin resuming his efforts to skate over to the dojo. Okay, so maybe he didn't deserve to be as cocky as he was acting before now. Sure, he did the thing with the Ziton but that didn't mean things could turn on him. So he would soon drift into place at the Dojo, once again focused on the task at hand rather than whatever stupid thing it had been on previously.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:53 pm
Reno and Terashi would be some of the first to arrive, just two others there before each of them, one being that snooty looking top hat wearer, the other a Psychic whose dress probably finally clicked for Reno as a gym trainer from Saffron, didn't seem like he recognized Reno though. The final trainer was the tourist looking one, the man clearly having taken his time and greeted the risk of them with an 'Alola!' in his most thick Kalosian accent.

With all eight trainers now standing inside the dojo, the resident yellow draped trainers giving them looks, an old man would enter from a door to the side of the room, slowly making his way to the front and center of the gathered eight, an elderly Mienshao following close behind.

"Greetings! Thank you for coming, I'm a little surprised that each of the invited showed up. Not the first time but it isn't unusual." The old man in the green jacket chuckled. "My name is Master Mustard and I'll be your proctor, so to speak. As a former Gym Leader myself and a former Galarian champion I am charged with recommending future Gym Leaders, though my 'recommendation' has yet to be denied so you might as well say I select Gym Leaders." Master Mustard laughed.

"With that said the eight of you will undergo a trial here on the Isle of Armor. At the end one of you will be selected to become the next Psychic Gym Leader." Master Mustard began to explain, walking down the line of trainers. "The purpose of my trial will be for you to display your capabilities as a trainer, particularly when wielding Psychic type Pokemon. Furthermore, while many of you appear to possess psychic abilities yourself having such abilities are not required of the next Psychic Gym Leader." He said, stopping to give the 'tourist' looking trainer a wink.

"Before I get into explaining how the trial will proceed why don't we first introduce ourselves." The old master would stop in front of a platinum blonde haired trainer wearing a purple jacket. "You first. Step up and face your opponents. Tell us where you're from, something interesting about yourself, and one of your prized Psychic Pokemon."

Scoffing the trainer rolled his eyes and took a few steps forward before turning around to face the others. "I'm Bede, born here in Galar, you don't need to know my hometown." He scowled. "I'm going to be the next Psychic Gym Leader and my Hatterene will destroy all your Pokemon." Bede said in a matter-of-fact tone before getting back in line. He was certainly a cocky one. The next trainer would then step up and continue on.

"Bonjour! I am Dexio from Lumiose City in the Kalos region. I am assistant to our region's Pokemon professor and a passionate traveler. While I indeed do not possess Psychic powers like some of you I do pride myself in my battling skills, having placed high in Alola's Battle Tree." He beamed with pride. "My Espeon is very dear to me, he sleeps in bed with me every night and no matter where I am in the world I make sure to import his favorite treats from back home in Kalos."

"My name is Johan, I am a Gym Trainer of Saffron City Gym as well as a native of said city in the Kanto region. As a young boy my powers manifested early and I was sent to the gym to learn how to control them. Our gym leader, the great Sabrina, has taught me much and I owe it to her standing here today, of which I hope to make her proud. My Kadabra is my greatest partner. I have decide to not evolve it until I one day before a gym leader myself, an equal to my great leader and her own Alakazam." The man said before bowing.

"Greetings, my name is Divit, born on the outskirts of Lilycove City, Hoenn." The first of two hybrids in the group spoke up, a Medicham hybrid to be exact. "For the past three years I have been in seclusion in meditation, only rejoining society to participate in the World Champion Cup after receiving word of it, hoping the experience would prove enlightening. I am a student of Grand Master Maya of the Mirage Islands and hope that after three long years I may return to my teacher as a Gym Leader. My dearest Pokemon is my Medicham, the humor not lost on me that I am a Medicham hybrid who also uses a Medicham."

"I don't see why we have to waste our time doing this." The top hating wearing trainer complained first. "Whatever. I am the great Avery, successor to the previous Psychic Gym Leader, my late uncle. The Psychic Gym of Galar belongs to my family, which we have a long unbroken line of Psychic Gym Leaders. You can all leave because I do not intend on letting that line be broken." He huffed. "My Slowbro will make sure of it."

Shaking his head at Avery the other hybrid would step up, the Mr. Rime hybrid giving everyone a nod as he put his hands on his hips. "Name's Ian. I'm in my late sixties and I live in Spikemuth here in Galar, though my family originally comes from Circhester. I am a retired officer of the Hybrid Task Force. I loved my job but the mean streets of Spikemuth was just taking too much of a toll on my old man body and the wife talked me into retiring a couple years back. Since then I went in hard on training my Pokemon, even competed in the World Champion Cup. Proud of that. My best lad of a Pokemon is my Indeedee, the best partner an officer can ask for."

With the other six done it was then time for Reno and Terashi to speak.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:22 pm
I'm with Avery on this one, I thought loudly, though I doubted anyone but Reno would pick up on it. With a sigh, I stood up. "My name is Terashi. I'm a member in good standing with Team Snagem, and as it turns out, I'm also a student of Grand Master Maya, but as a Channeler." I then promptly sat back down, not interested in sharing any further information. If they were concerned as to what Pokemon I carried with me, they'd see soon enough. I could care less about the gym we were being challenged for, but I figured I'd end up with a target on my back if I said that out loud. As far as I was concerned. this was about showing the Pokemon League chapters in other regions what I would be capable of as a Gym Leader.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:29 pm
Reno would look at the gathered people for a moment, taking in each of their introductions as he began to place where each of the rest of these competitors would likely be challenge-wise. Nothing too surprising, although there being three students of Maya here was certainly something to keep note of, especially given how weird time on that island was. And that was Ter finishing up his own introduction, so now it was his turn. "Hi there. I'm Reno. You probably saw me in the World Champion Cup doe my little.....explosive show that I ended up putting on. Or from the.....two major world altering events I was Co-Leader of Snagem for. Or.....a lot of things honestly. I am also a student of Maya's and my partner is my Wynaut. I'm not as gung ho about the reward for this particular challenge, but I ain't one to back down from a challenge so lets all do our best." Giving a curt nod and a smile to the rest of the gathered trainers, the redhead would look towards Ter for a moment longer before hooking a thumbs towards the blonde bespectacled man. "Also, his channeling partner is his Gardevoir. Since we all played nice, he's getting forced to do so as well. By me. Because I'm his boss. Good? Good."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:35 am
Divit would give both Reno and Terashi confused looks after both of them mentioned being students of Grand Master Maya, a look which was perhaps confirmation enough that this particular student may be from one of the 'other' islands, as some people refer to the time warping properties of Mirage Island.

Avery just scoffed at them both, giving Terashi in particular a dirty look, perhaps for daring to agree with him, not like he needed some Unovan to give his own words more weight. Only Dexio and Ian would give them warm waves and smiles, just as they did to everyone else. The other competitors were either too full of themselves, focused on winning, or otherwise preoccupied.

"Thank you all for your introductions." Master Mustard began. "Now that's out of the way it's time to get down to business. My dojo will be your home for these next three days while you undergo my trials, room and food provided as promised. Traveling here has probably made you hungry and even if not sharing a meal with others is an excellent way to break the ice and also get settled into a new environment, something we all have an interest in. So with that in mind you are all to leave immediately for the Forest of Focus to acquire some ingredients for my lovely wife, Honey, to make a meal for us out of."

With that said the woman named Honey would come out with a stack of thin books and began to pass them out, introducing herself to each trainer and wishing them good luck. "The books handed to you contain information on everything edible in the Forest of Focus, to ensure you don't bring back anything poisonous or take a nibble yourself." Mustard chuckled. "While this isn't a contest per se you will note on the back page information on something that might just help elevate your standing while here. Max Mushrooms. Bring back a Max Mushroom and we'll talk more on what I mean by standing." He said with a sly grin.

"So then, prepare to depart. You may take one one single Psychic type Pokemon with you. You may use our PC if you need to make any swaps. Once you're ready head on out and report back here before noon so we may have a nice lunch. Good luck." Mustard instructed. The time was 9:32 am, so they had less than two hours to explore the Forest of Focus. Wasn't much time but that information on Max Mushrooms was titillating enough to cox them to the woods. A fungi that feeds off Dynamax energies from the Earth. What could Mustard mean by such a thing elevating their standing?  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:57 am
Reno had this in the bag. Hunting for edible foodstuffs was half of a Houndoom's life. And the others wouldn't expect him to bust that out so he would have advantage if anyone tried to rob him for a Max Mushroom. But then he heard the mention of Psychic type specifically and that plan immediately died. And just before it wouldve exited conception too, what a shame. Well, that left onw other choice. If there wasnt gonna be a natural way for him to fins things, he was gonna try computational. Opening up a Pokeball and hopping up into the air, Reno and the Metagross he was now astride would be taking off for the Forest, giving a few tests to see how quickly they could move and identify edible things as they went along. It wasn't the advantage he had initially conceived he had but it was at least something.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:23 am
I saw no problem with the challenge until Max Mushrooms were mentioned. The last thing I needed to deal with was non-economic inflation. If I was to get Father off my back, though, I'd have to put up with it, because I knew Reno had no qualms with that technique. I just had to hope that the old man didn't ask us to actually use it in battles in the near future. I didn't bother keeping the Wishing Stone I used to get into the tournament, though, if he were planning for it, he'd likely supply some of his own.

I walked over the the PC and put Rala away. Rala was good at sensing emotions, battles, and eating Watmel Berries. Hunting a wide variety of food was not in her skill set. The Pokemon I chose in her stead would likely add to the stigma of me being Unova (not that I cared at all), but since her species was known for hibernating, I figured she'd have a habit of gathering food before doing so. She also had the advantage of Dream Mist - which could be used to confuse nearby rivals if they're getting a little too close for comfort - though since Rala was away, I couldn't channel with my choice to manipulate the Dream Mist for my own purposes. I'd just have to trust her to handle whatever such situation arises.

Fortunately, when I let Luna the Musharna out of her ball, she was wide awake and not already mid-hibernation, which would have been a worst-case scenario.. Glad I could rely on her. the two of us set off for the Forest of Focus Though something was eating at me. I couldn't stop thinking about hoping that he didn't plan to actually feed us those mushrooms...  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:43 pm
Both Reno and Terashi would enter the Forest of Focus at the same time at the same entrance, before some contestants but from the foot prints ahead they were not the first. Likely they would split up, perhaps one giving the other a parting comment before taking off. Eventually they would find themselves heading down different paths, away from each other's gaze and ears.

Reno would come upon a dead end, a thick of brush standing in his path and a small cliff with a tree perched on top of it, its branches hanging low overhead, just barely out of arm's reach. Upon closer examination it was a berry tree, small green Lum Berries blending into the similarly colored leaves. Reno didn't need the field guide to know what these were. There was even an Emolga up there snacking on some, though it didn't seem to mind Reno's presence.

As for Terashi he would come up to a river, a bridge much further down and out of sight. Examining the shore of the river he would spot some interesting looking plant, kind of resembled carrot tops. If he pulled one up it looked kind of like a carrot, but bumpy, it was some type of root. Checking the field guide it told him it was a Pungent Root, a favorite curry ingredient. There were a cluster of six of them, a good start. He just had to pull 'em and be careful not to stumble into the water.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:55 pm
Reno would look at the Emolga snacking on Lum Berries and give the Electric type a quick nod as he made his way towards the tree. "Alright. I'm just gonna take a few of these and I'll leave you a couple pre-plucked and waiting for you to eat. Just promise that we'll be cool. Sound good?" Reno attempted to reason with the Emolga, already grabbing a few berries and laying them out for the squirrel before setting to work with Phemes on grabbing his own collection of berries for him, the Metagross, and whoever else might want some back at the dojo. Maybe he'd get lucky and someone would have some stuff they could mix together to get something really tasty out of this.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:53 am
I made a point to keep my mouth shut when Reno and I met up at the entrance to the Forest of Focus, breaking away to take my own path at the earliest opportunity.

Sure enough, with the help of Luna's nose, we came across a collection of growing carrots with weird bumps on it. Curious, I checked the field guide, and learned that these little vegetables were rather popular. Smiling, I pocketed the field guide and grabbed hold of one. As I pulled it up, I noticed Luna using Psychic to uproot the entire bunch just before I felt my balance shift. Some quick thinking and quick feet helped me re-position myself so I wasn't at risk of falling into the river.

After putting all six in my duffel bag, I pet Luna in thanks for the help. "Come on, let's see what else we can find out here," I told her, and with a cheer in Pokespeak, the two of us kept moving.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff