Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Scouting a Psychic - The Next Galarian Gym Leader? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:28 am
The Emolga looked at Reno with suspicion for awhile longer, watching Reno pluck the berries, its eyes following them as he sat them down. Once Reno had taken his the Emolga would scurry over to the berries he set out for it and rapidly stuffed them in its mouth before quickly climbing back up to the highest point of the true and with a flying leap glided away. Everyone won in this situation.

With the Lum berries acquired Reno would set off to find more goodies, taking him deeper into the forest. The Channeler would eventually come upon a small pond in the forest. At the edge of the pond were several, five upon counting, pink almost cone-shaped objects, Reno's nostrils soon picking up the captivating aroma of them the closer he got. They appeared familiar but he may need to check the field guide to be sure. Upon confirmation the trainer would conclude they were indeed Slowpoke tails, fresh from the looks of it, a group of Slowpoke likely retreating into the forest from the beach to shed their tails in safety.

While it sounded gross to eat a piece of an animal just discarded on the ground Slowpoke tails were a delicacy everywhere, so much so that certain individuals do not wait for them to fall off on their own, much to the horror of all. Inspecting the tails and consulting the guide he could deduce they were good for eating, perfect in fact and by how marvelous they smelled Reno now sympathized with Tesei and his brethren. Too bad he didn't have him with him to partake in this almost forbidden treat. Honey would likely be thrilled to cook with these.

-----

Terashi would retrieve the Pungent Roots no problem, however as he walked off a pair of eyes rose up from the waters and bubbles began to surfaces as whoever owned those eyes didn't seem too pleased. Retreating back into the waters it disappeared.

The Psychic Channeler and Luna would soon enough come upon an apple tree, plump red apples just begging to be plucked, several already fallen on the ground, bites taken out of them, likely from the local Skwovet. What luck would Terashi have to stumble upon another jackpot of edibles without a challenge in sight. He had to wonder if Reno was having as easy of a time as himself. In fact, the only problem he would have is how many apples to pick and how to carry them all.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:21 pm
As I approached the tree, I had a feeling in the back of my mind. Was I being watched? Was someone back in HQ talking about me? I didn't sense any powerful emotions nearby, like, say, murderous intent, so who could say? Given the mood I was in considering where I was, I didn't put too much thought into it, focusing instead on gathering apples. I'd leave some carrying room open in case I came across something else of interest, as I'd found more than my share of edibles. Honestly, I was starting to think this was a little too easy, and Luna agreed, chirping in Pokespeak as I got ready to move to another area. I'd head back for now, but keep my eyes open for any more lucky finds. Or for potential enemies. Then again, I hadn't found any of those mushrooms... yet.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:47 am
Nodding as he watched the Emolga take its newly gifted bounty of berries and take off into the woods, Reno would soon find himself staring at a cluster of discarded Slowpoke tails. And while he knew it was an actual food after all his time in Johto, he had always thought that getting them required more active removal than it appeared these had been taken off with. But a quick consult of the guide and his own sense of smell were telling him that these would be fine, possibly even better than that. Too bad Tesei wasn't along on this trip. There wouldn't have been any issue giving the Cloyster a treat of one of these fresh.

Oh wait right. Other things could probably smell these and would likely also be on their way. Quickly activating the analytical talents that Phemes let him access, he would keep his head on a swivel scanning the environment for anything approaching or lying in wait as he gathered up what tails he could.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:38 am
TerashiLeonGoken

Terashi would walk away with his sack already filled with apples, unaware that he had just picked up a hitch hiker. Roughly three minutes after leaving the tree the bag would begin to move ever so slightly followed by faint sounds. Before Terashi had an opportunity to open the bag and check things out the zipper would burst open and the stretched out face of a worm-like creature popped out and met Terashi's face, just inches between them. Letting out a high pitched screech it let loose from its eyes a flash of Ghost energy as it used Astonish on the Psychic Channeler.

Hoping Terashi would either drop the bag or be distracted long enough the Applin would abandon the apple it was in and leap from the backpack, fleeing into the nearby shrubs. Once it was all over and Terashi had his wits back he'd notice all the apples and Pungent Roots either partially dissolved with acid or partially eaten. It was all ruined.

Meanwhile, something watched Terashi from the same thicket the Applin fled to, the Psychic's sixth sense alerting him to the presence that was watching him. Our watcher wouldn't be satisfied with just watching, as it did back at the river, and instead would make its move, though Terashi had time to prepare himself. Hiding in the shrubbery was a Lurantis, preparing to strike him down and make a meal of him. In just seconds it would leap out from its cover and swing a Leaf Blade at Terashi himself.

—--

”Reno Vantas”

Reno was correct to scan the area for threats possibly lured by the sweet aroma of the Slowpoke tails, his senses picking up on a presence in the top of a nearby tree. Upon closer inspection he would note it was an Emolga, quickly scurrying down the tree tops in his direction. Another Emolga? Could it be the same one as before? Do they even eat flesh? Those were a couple of questions he would have to ask later as his abilities failed to register the true threat that had snuck up on him from behind, now swinging a Crabhammer at him.

“Crawdaunt!” Cried the Rogue Pokemon as it went on the attack. This must be its pond, the Crawdaunt species fiercely territorial over bodies of water they claim as their own. If that were the case then it would be safe to assume these Slowpoke tails weren’t willingly shedded, either clipped off by the crustacean or shedded in an attempt to distract while the Slowpoke fled, in that case this pond newly acquired territory for this bully of a Pokemon. Either way Reno now had a fight on his hands with a species of Pokemon that only understood one method of communication and problem solving; violence.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:37 pm
The flush of Ghost-type energy would flood my senses, leaving me unable to react to the Applin's appearance until after it was gone. Confused at what the hell just happened, I looked in the bag and was immediately filled with rage. Incensed, I emptied the bag, careful not to let anything else in there get thrown out, throwing all the useless food to the ground. I started walking off to go replace them, but stopped when I I heard movement from a nearby bush.

Luna was already aware of the Lurantis ,and blocked its Leaf Blade with Zen Headbutt. "Get back," I told Luna, not wanting her to get overpowered. Her tactic seemed to work, however, nullifying the energy and allowing her to bounce harmlessly off its arm.

I really didn't want to put up with this. I wanted to go back and get more food so I didn't fall behind. But for whatever reason, this Lurantis wanted my head, so I had to at least make it faint. Unfortunately, Luna didn't know any moves that were super-effective against it. I did have an idea on how to wear it down. "Luna, use Hypnosis," I ordered.

While Luna was trying and failing to put Lurantis to sleep, it gathered a ball of Fire-type energy and lifted it above its head. I had an idea where this would lead and was properly concerned, but I wanted to stick to my plan. When Luna's Hypnosis failed a second time however, Lurantis brought a Solar Blade down on her, dealing an impressive amount of damage. In the mood I was in, however, I didn't concern myself with Lurantis's strength, but I WAS worried about Luna's ability to continue fighting. Fortunately, when I scrambled to her side, she hopped right back up, wobbled a bit in the air, then used Hypnosis a third time, and managed to succeed with it.

With Lurantis asleep, I had Luna set up with Future Sight before using Dream Eater. Lurantis woke up almost immediately after it had its dream eaten, but Luna was quick to pummel it with a Psychic before Future Sight came full circle. The double barrage of Psychic-type attacks were fortunately enough to finish the Lurantis off.

"Good job," I sighed, giving Luna a pat before recalling her. With the threat to my life extinguished, I moved to go back to the apple tree so I could cover my losses.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:00 pm
Reno would pivot as he was halfway through grabbing the scattered tails, locking eyes onto the Emolga that seemed to be occupying one of the nearby trees. What were the chances another one of those would be flying around the forest? Well, probably high given they were relatively common but still. Fun coincidence. And with that thought, Reno would find himself flying across the field as the Crabhammer from the Crawdaunt landed squarely on his back. Scrambling to keep himself upright as he was sent tumbling along the ground, Reno called out, "Phemes! Hammer Arm!" Doing his best to keep the Slowpoke Tails he had managed to grab on hand, Reno watched as his Metagross could come at the Crawdaunt from the side with a scything arm that aimed to club the crab like it had just done to Reno.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:05 am
TerashiLeonGoken

Terashi would have no problem replacing the lost apples, this time free of worms and homicidal pseudo-insect plants. With apples in tow again Terashi would set off to find other things to bring back.

Eventually Terashi would come up to an interesting looking fallen set of trees, the two having fallen in such a way that they were leaning up against each other in an A shape, their branches now interlocked. They seemed to still be alive and partially connected to the ground, green leaves covering their branches and cast a dark shadow underneath them. And underneath them, in the middle, was the most interesting them, a cluster of pink mushrooms with a swirl pattern on top of their caps. It certainly wasn't like anything Terashi had seen personally, could these be the Max Mushrooms?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:15 am
Reno Vantas

The Crawdaunt took a devastating strike to the side of its head, the force of Phemes' Super Effective attack knocking it off its legs and sending it rolling. Once it stopped rolling the Crawdaunt would scurry back onto its legs, only to sway and stumble, its head still spinning from that attack. It wouldn't take the Rogue Pokemon that long to recollect itself as anger took over, pumping it full of adrenaline and vengeance.

"Craaaw!" Shouted the Pokemon as its anger was brought to a boil, the crustacean rushing at Phemes, its body cloaked in a white energy. The Crawdaunt would throw itself at the Metagross, claws out in front of it as it aimed to ram into it. This wasn't just some move like Take Down as it may have resembled, instead a burst of Normal energy would be released upon impact, threatening to knock the Metagross back as Crawdaunt's Endeavor struck it.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:59 pm
It wouldn't take much for Phemes to have to take the Endeavour head-on. Hammer Arm always left her struggling to go at full speed for a minute and she was essentially stuck directly in front of this angry crab. But the echoing crack as this bright white explosion went off at the moment of impact made Reno wince. That had certainly been a lot stronger than expected. Watching as Phemes spun away from the impact, Reno began to run through some ideas. Another heavy exchange would be likely to end poorly and a Metagross wasn't good for hit and run tactics even at one hundred percent. Letting his eyes dart over to where he had seen the Emolga, an idea formed in his head. Hopefully this Crawdaunt had done something to piss off the little squirrel too. "Phemes! Bullet Punch and knock that Crawdaunt into the air!" Barely even watching as the Metagross took off for the lightning fast uppercut, Reno would yell towards the Emolga. "Hey! Emolga! I teed you up, now knock this big annoyance down!" Reno could only hope that this Emolga was feeling particularly friendly, otherwise this fight could be a little more hazardous for him and Phemes than he would like for simply gathering food.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:21 pm
I looked at the mushroom pile with visible distain in my features. I wasn't going to ignore them, though. This whole thing was a competition, and they were a big part of it. But I wasn't about to just scoop them up blindly. I'd learned my lesson.

I let Luna out of her ball as I approached the mushrooms. "Keep an eye out for any Pokemon that look like they're about to get close," I told her. As she floated around, I started scooping up the shrooms, but kept looking around as I did so. I wanted to see any oncoming threats the second they popped up. That included the shrooms themselves, incase any Pokemon were hiding beneath them, or if some Foongus or Amoonguss were somehow growing in there.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:30 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
I looked at the mushroom pile with visible distain in my features. I wasn't going to ignore them, though. This whole thing was a competition, and they were a big part of it. But I wasn't about to just scoop them up blindly. I'd learned my lesson.

I let Luna out of her ball as I approached the mushrooms. "Keep an eye out for any Pokemon that look like they're about to get close," I told her. As she floated around, I started scooping up the shrooms, but kept looking around as I did so. I wanted to see any oncoming threats the second they popped up. That included the shrooms themselves, incase any Pokemon were hiding beneath them, or if some Foongus or Amoonguss were somehow growing in there.

Terashi would get to pick but one shroom before the other two suddenly gained flight and sped off through the air over his head. Instantly he would recognize that someone or something had snatched them away with a Psychic ability, the Channeler turning around to see the culprit.

"Your Musharna is lovely, however its senses have some room for development." Avery said, arms folded with a cocky grin on his face as the two Max Mushrooms orbited his hat. "Then again with a trainer like you..." His sentenced trailed off, punctuated by a scoff and a shake of his head. The Galarian Slowbro by his side slowly nodded in agreement.

"Any who, you can keep that tiny little Max Mushroom, with these two I now have plenty for Master Mustard. You should go home, it is my destiny to become the next Psychic Gym Leader." He taunted Terashi, then turning around to walk away, Slowbro's own turn several seconds delayed.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:39 pm
I scoffed at Avery's puffed-up words. I had no idea who he was outside of the challenge, but he was certainly full of himself. Luna wasn't pleased, either, and sent a tiny bolt of Psychic-type energy at Avery himself, just enough to get his attention.

"Put your mushrooms where your mouth is," I told him, flinging Luna's ball upward and catching it after gravity took hold of it. The universal sign of someone looking for a battle. "Winner take all." If he decided to take the coward's way out and bold, I'd chase after him, but I had a feeling he was too prideful for that.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
SubonicXP generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 4!

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:03 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
I scoffed at Avery's puffed-up words. I had no idea who he was outside of the challenge, but he was certainly full of himself. Luna wasn't pleased, either, and sent a tiny bolt of Psychic-type energy at Avery himself, just enough to get his attention.

"Put your mushrooms where your mouth is," I told him, flinging Luna's ball upward and catching it after gravity took hold of it. The universal sign of someone looking for a battle. "Winner take all." If he decided to take the coward's way out and bold, I'd chase after him, but I had a feeling he was too prideful for that.

Avery stopped, slowly turned his head, scowled at the challenge, almost insulted by it. The rest of his body would follow his head shortly after, Avery purposely slow in his movements, his Slowbro naturally slow as it turned back around too. "Fine then, put down your mushroom over there." He instructed Terashi, Avery telekinectically floating the two Max Mushrooms he just snatched away plus two more out of his bag for a total of four over to a tree stump off to the side, almost exactly in the middle of the distance between them. Once Terashi added his mushrooms to the pile and returned to his position he would instruct his Galarian Slowbro to step up and wasted no more time.

"I'll make you regret wasting my time. Slowbro, fire away Shell Side Arm!" The Psychic commanded. Up until this point Slowbro's movements had been incredibly slow, characteristic of its species. However, once the command was given the Slowbro did something completely uncharacteristic as it flung its shelled arm up, pointed it at Musharna, and fired off several 'bullets' of hardened poison from its shell-gun, the entire movement far too quick for Musharna or Terashi to react to in order to avoid or defend against. Where did that sudden speed come from?

(Poison chance roll, if 1 Musharna is poisoned.)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:51 pm
Reno Vantas
It wouldn't take much for Phemes to have to take the Endeavour head-on. Hammer Arm always left her struggling to go at full speed for a minute and she was essentially stuck directly in front of this angry crab. But the echoing crack as this bright white explosion went off at the moment of impact made Reno wince. That had certainly been a lot stronger than expected. Watching as Phemes spun away from the impact, Reno began to run through some ideas. Another heavy exchange would be likely to end poorly and a Metagross wasn't good for hit and run tactics even at one hundred percent. Letting his eyes dart over to where he had seen the Emolga, an idea formed in his head. Hopefully this Crawdaunt had done something to piss off the little squirrel too. "Phemes! Bullet Punch and knock that Crawdaunt into the air!" Barely even watching as the Metagross took off for the lightning fast uppercut, Reno would yell towards the Emolga. "Hey! Emolga! I teed you up, now knock this big annoyance down!" Reno could only hope that this Emolga was feeling particularly friendly, otherwise this fight could be a little more hazardous for him and Phemes than he would like for simply gathering food.

The Crawdaunt didn't have remotely a chance to avoid the Bullet Punch, let alone see it coming. The next thing it knew it was airborne, a ways away from but directly in the line of sight of the Emolga. The Sky Squirrel Pokemon knew exactly what Reno wanted it to do and had no problem in returning the favor the man did it earlier. Summoning forth electricity from its cheeks it fired off a Thundershock straight at the soaring Water type.

The Electric attack zapped the defenseless crustacean and while it wasn't a particularly power move, nor was Emolga, it was Super Effective and coupled with the soon impact with the ground just enough to knock this bully out. Hitting the forest floor with a thud, the faint scent of cooked crab filling the air, the Crawdaunt would promptly faint.

"Emol!" The squirrel cheered happily, its cheeks giving off sparks of joy, the Pokemon waving both arms up and down in Reno's direction as if cheering for him. Looks like it was particularly pleased with seeing the Rogue Pokemon go down.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 2!

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:54 pm
Musharna was indeed surprised by the obscenely fast poison 'bullets', but she didn't have a Fairy subtyping like Rala did. That attack was only normally effective, and given its focus on speed, it couldn't have been too strong. ...well, that's what I thought, but Luna did take some serious damage from it. I guess I underestimated it. She wasn't down, yet, though.

"Use Shadow Ball," I ordered as I threw the mushrooms I'd gathered into Avery's little pile.. Luna immediately started gathering Ghost-type energy and fired the move once it was ready, setting the orb of ghost-type energy on a collision course with Avery's Slowbro.

(If 1, Slowbro's Special Defense drops.)  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff