Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Scouting a Psychic - The Next Galarian Gym Leader? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:14 pm
Giving a little crow of enthusiasm as he saw the Crawdaunt collapse to the ground, Reno would quickly turn to his bag and begin digging around before pulling out his prize. Offering another of the berries to the Emolga, Reno said, "Good job, buddy. Glad you could be so welcoming to me in your forest. Now, you remember this the next time that Crawdaunt gets ornery and make sure to zap him good." Nodding at the Electric type once again, he would turn and quickly grab the last of the Slowpoke Tails before hopping on top of Phemes again. "Alright, lets hustle. Maybe we'll get lucky and find some of those Mega Mushrooms. Not that we need to, but y'know....hope for the best." Reno told the Metagross, the pair of them going off into the forest once again on their grand hunt for stew ingredients.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:05 am
TerashiLeonGoken
Musharna was indeed surprised by the obscenely fast poison 'bullets', but she didn't have a Fairy subtyping like Rala did. That attack was only normally effective, and given its focus on speed, it couldn't have been too strong. ...well, that's what I thought, but Luna did take some serious damage from it. I guess I underestimated it. She wasn't down, yet, though.

"Use Shadow Ball," I ordered as I threw the mushrooms I'd gathered into Avery's little pile.. Luna immediately started gathering Ghost-type energy and fired the move once it was ready, setting the orb of ghost-type energy on a collision course with Avery's Slowbro.

(If 1, Slowbro's Special Defense drops.)

The Shadow Ball slammed into the Hermit Crab Pokemon causing it to let out a slow and dulled moan of pain. Despite how it reacted, or rather its lack of much reaction, the Super Effective more certainly stung.

Scowling at Terashi the Psychic would command his Pokemon to act. "Another Shell Side Arm!" He ordered.

Like last time the Slowbro would aim its 'weapon' at Musharna and fire from it a volley of poisonous bullets. The bullets would pelt the Psychic just like before and do a good bit of damage but much to Terashi's horror this time one of the bullets splattered and its toxins were absorbed into Musharna, poisoning it.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:16 am
Reno Vantas
Giving a little crow of enthusiasm as he saw the Crawdaunt collapse to the ground, Reno would quickly turn to his bag and begin digging around before pulling out his prize. Offering another of the berries to the Emolga, Reno said, "Good job, buddy. Glad you could be so welcoming to me in your forest. Now, you remember this the next time that Crawdaunt gets ornery and make sure to zap him good." Nodding at the Electric type once again, he would turn and quickly grab the last of the Slowpoke Tails before hopping on top of Phemes again. "Alright, lets hustle. Maybe we'll get lucky and find some of those Mega Mushrooms. Not that we need to, but y'know....hope for the best." Reno told the Metagross, the pair of them going off into the forest once again on their grand hunt for stew ingredients.

Giving Reno a little wave the Emolga would watch Reno and his Metagross set off, the little squirrel giving the defeated Crawdaunt one final look before scurrying off itself.

Now deeper in the forest Reno would come across another competitor in this challenge, a certain Medicham hybrid, the fellow Psychic sitting on the forest floor across from a Pokemon, an Oranguru. The pair seemed to be aware of Reno's presence as Divit gestured for Reno to approach, the man keeping his gaze fixed on the Oranguru's. When Reno was close enough he spoke.

"My friend here informed me of three locations of Max Mushrooms here in the forest. However they ask us not to take too many, they are an important herbal remedy to his species." Divit informed Reno. With that said the Oranguru would sit up and give Divit a nod, the hybrid lowering his head deep in response, the large ape them turning around to climb up the nearby tree and disappear into the leaves.

Standing up and brushing himself off he would turn to face Reno. "How is Master Maya these days?" He asked Reno, almost smirking at his own little joke.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:43 pm
Reno would nod in response to what he presumed Divit had gotten telepathically from the Oranguru in front of them. Or that the Oranguru had told him telepathically. Well, someone here was telepathic and did the thing. "Well, glad I'm not the only one trying to be amenable to the locals here." Reno said, doing his best to take in Divit to try and place where the man was from. There had to be something to the hybrid, some little quirk to help Reno with identifying where exactly this man was from initially. "Not too bad. Definitely takes a load off when your symbolic final test stops eating people." He added, his unsubtle effort to get a reaction being his best conclusion. Cause if it wasn't going to be some subtle attempt, it was going to be an attempt to at least get a big reaction.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:59 am
Reno Vantas
Reno would nod in response to what he presumed Divit had gotten telepathically from the Oranguru in front of them. Or that the Oranguru had told him telepathically. Well, someone here was telepathic and did the thing. "Well, glad I'm not the only one trying to be amenable to the locals here." Reno said, doing his best to take in Divit to try and place where the man was from. There had to be something to the hybrid, some little quirk to help Reno with identifying where exactly this man was from initially. "Not too bad. Definitely takes a load off when your symbolic final test stops eating people." He added, his unsubtle effort to get a reaction being his best conclusion. Cause if it wasn't going to be some subtle attempt, it was going to be an attempt to at least get a big reaction.

Divit would give Reno a hard look when the fellow Psychic mentioned his 'final test' and its apparent hunger. Turning his head to watch a Venipede scooch up a tree he muttered a bit to himself before turning back to face Reno. "The Master, yes, I heard about the actions you took which led to that...thing...to return." Divit said, finding it difficult to even use the name they have given Ziton. "Did you know it has consumed at least three of our master's students already? Powerful Psychics at that, each of them forewarned of its arrival and yet they each fell all the same." Divit revealed to Reno. "Or rather they will." The hybrid went on, adding a confusing bit of information with that last sentence.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:07 am
My mind was focused on the next course of action, so I didn't really notice Luna getting poisoned, but something about her did snap me out of it before I ordered another attack. Luna was scared. She hadn't fainted yet, but she was close to it, and poisoned, and... afraid. I suddenly realized I never had her do a lot of fighting before now, so her fear made sense.

I took the time to sigh, recall Luna, and hop on my hoverboard before flinging the tiny Max Mushroom I had at Avery's face. "Take your filthy fetish fungus," I spat before riding off, not wanting to hear any of his nonsense. There was no way this was the only task thrust upon us, and next time, I'd make sure to bring a Pokemon that has seen plenty of battlefields, because this little spat between us was NOT over.

That said, I'd had enough for now. I was content to head back to the dojo with a duffel bag half-full of fruit. Any lack of score could be made up for in future tasks.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:14 pm
Reno had been prepared to snap off a quick response to Divit, about how it had already claimed more psychics while trapped in its confines and the repeated trips to the thing that had somehow become tradition, when the last thing muttered out caught in Reno's throat. And it sat there like an immovable chunk of food, halting all speaking from the redhead as he attempted to process what exactly Divit had said. "That thing did more damage where it was but....will? It already came at me for a round two and it was dragged out of reality at the claws and mouth of some eldritch thing." Reno snapped, eyes locked onto Divit's as he drew closer. "So unless it somehow can manage to come back from that, it's gone. End of story. Problem solved. One Ziton, or The Master, or whatever taken out of the picture."

He wasn't going to openly admit it, but this was touching on the one thought he had never been able to chase off. If Crystal had managed to come back, then it was possible it could too. But that was absolute lunacy to consider. It would've needed to drag together a body to survive whatever that space was. So Divit just had to be talking about the past and spent too long on Mirage Island to keep that fact straight in his head.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:41 pm
Divit scowled at Reno, his face signalling he wanted to say more on this topic but for whatever reason he would not. Looking up at the sky he would get an idea of what time it was by the sun's position and noted it was getting close to their deadline. "We'll speak more on this later, my compatriot. All I'll say is don't think so linear." With that mysterious comment Divit would begin to walk away. "It's about time to head back to the dojo, which is where I'm going. I'll see you there." The hybrid informed Reno and with that he headed off into the woods. He certainly was a mysterious character, though it's not like Reno was unfamiliar with those types.

-----

[Master Dojo: 12:21 pm]

Everyone had made it back to the dojo before noon, several well before noon, each of them bringing their ingredients with them, all of them gathered at the table in the kitchen as Honey instructed them to place them as each returned. With the last challenger entering and setting their ingredients down Honey would head into the kitchen and get to work. While she cooked the Psychics were instructed to make themselves comfortable in the central room of the dojo where all the workout equipment and sparring arena was, however very few seemed keen to mingle with the others while they awaited Master Mustard who himself seemed to by late. Honey was not surprised by his tardiness however.

While Avery glared at Terashi from a corner of the room another trainer took a more friendly interest in him as Dexio approached the Snagem, wherever he currently was residing. "Salut! Terashi, was it? I'm Dexio, in case you didn't catch my name earlier." The Kalosian native greeted Terashi, offering a handshake. "You're part of Team Snagem, non? I just want to thank you guys for everything you did for Kalos, we owe all of you an enorme debt. We might have a long way to go but things are going so much better after Lysandre's fall. Merci beaucoup!" He smiled bright.

For Reno he would indeed see Divit again, the hybrid arriving before him, the Channeler finding him meditating off to the side of the room, standing on one leg on top of a vault, eyes closed and his body perfectly still. There was another that would get Reno's attention, the one Psychic in the room sporting an outfit that was very familiar to the Psychic Channeler. The Saffron Gym Trainer would keep staring at Reno from across the room, Johan seated on the floor, Pokeballs orbiting around him as he practiced his Psychic powers. For whatever reason he seemed very interested in the red head.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:20 pm
The first thing I did when I got back to the dojo was send Luna off to the Snagem Pokemon Storage System to get healed up by GRAY, recalling both Rala and Brunor in case Avery decided he didn't want to wait for the next chore to start something. I sure wasn't going to let him get the jump on me next time around.

I was quickly distracted by that thought by a Kalosian who seemed eager to talk to me. His mention of Lysandre had me uneasy, though. I wanted to be the one to finish that one off for having the gall to try to invade MY home region, but it wasn't meant to be. Still, I did have something of a hand in his downfall. That, and I was starting to get the feeling that I needed to rein in my bad mood, or Avery wouldn't be the only one coming for a round two.

I shook Dexio's hand and smirked. "Wasn't going to let him lay a finger on Unova. Besides, I'm sure a lot of people are happy now that he's not around anymore. But yeah, you're welcome."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:00 pm
It wouldn't be surprising for Reno that Divit knew enough to point out how linearity wasn't as limiting a factor as he had desired it to be. No, he had been expecting that sort of a response. Maybe he hadn't wanted that but it was what he had to work with. So that sat a wonderful feeling of complete overwhelming dread into Reno's head, even if he could not attribute it to anything specific at that moment. Hopping back on top of Phemes, the Metagross would slowly start the trip back to the dojo with her trainer continuing to stew over something he thought Ultra Space should have taken care of.

----

As he made his way into the central room after dropping off his ingredients, Reno would quickly find his eyes landing on Divit as the hybrid sat in a meditative trance. There was no need to try and force answers out of the man. Especially not when experience told Reno that any attempt to pry a straight answer out after the cryptic response would be an effort in futility. So instead, he would look around the room a touch more before finding the one trainer from the Saffron City Gym was staring towards him. It was a touch eerie to see that another psychic in this whole display was so interested in him personally. Between Terashi, Divit, and now Johan, it was beginning to feel like Chairman Rose had just spent his time gathering people who seemed to want a piece of him.

Either way, Reno would take the stare as a small challenge. And so he responded as he always did to these kinds of challenges, by marching straight towards it and confronting it head-on. "So.....Johan, right? Why the stare down? Should I be flattered that you are so interested in me? Worried that you're jealous of my relationship with Sabrina? Are you thinking if you stare hard enough at someone, they'll combust and I was just the first unfortunate victim?" Reno said, sitting down next to the Gym Trainer as he did so. He didn't believe anything he was saying, he just wanted to see how easy it was to throw the guy off his game.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:26 am
Johan would give a look of shock as Reno approached him and attempted to decipher the reasoning for his stare down. The trainer went silent for several seconds after Reno sat down, as if trying to find the right words before finally speaking. "Jealous? Of course! The mistress speaks so highly of you, and she never has anything good to say about anyone...well, if she speaks that is, but still!" Johan beamed, his enamored expression conflicting with his earlier sour stare, maybe he just suffered from RBF. "How!? What did you do!? I came here not to become the next Galarian Gym Leader but to learn how to be a better Psychic for the mistress and who do I find? One of the few fellow psychics of which the mistress herself considers an equal! Teach me!" The Gym Trainer implored, physically grabbing Reno's hands and clutching them with his own. Was this guy some sort of Sabrina super fan? Was it really that important to receive her recognition? One thing was for sure though, Reno left a lasting impact on the Saffron City Gym Leader, a good one for once.

Dexio flashed Terashi another smile, still grateful to him and Team Snagem but would move on from that conversation. "You should visit Kalos again some day, we've made great strides since the days of Lysandre to become a more open and free region. I know you Snagems are a lot of skillful trainers so if you, or anyone else, wishes to visit my homeland I can get you into the Battle Maison.

Several more minutes would go by and Honey would give up on waiting for Mustard and call everyone to the table. The table was already set with a warm bowl of stew in front of each chair with a napkin and spoon to the side. In the center of the table was a pot of the rest of the stew as well as two baskets of freshly made rolls. The stew was obviously made from the ingredients the psychics found in the forest and while it originally appeared to be a random mix of stuff they all brought back the stew smelled wonderful, Honey's culinary talent shining through.

As everyone sat down Honey would implore everyone to eat, ensuring everyone Mustard would show, before finally sitting down herself. As soon as someone went to take their first bite Mustard would appear...from underneath the table. "Time to eat!" The old man declared happily, likely scaring the trainers, not a single one of them was able to detect his presence, somehow. With him though came a small bear-like creature, like a more fluffy Teddiursa. The cub would jump on the table and run for the pot of stew, Honey jumping up to grab it on the back of the neck and stop it from reaching the pot. She would carry the bear off and return with it in a baby's high seat with a bowl of stew of its own, positioning the bear by Mustard.

"Forgive Kubfu, darling." Mustard laughed before taking a big bite of his stew, closing his eyes in bliss over how delicious it was. A few minutes would pass, everyone chowing down, before Mustard spoke again. "So, I imagine some of you may have some questions for me, before we move onto the next stage." Next stage? Did they already complete a part of the training? It was just making lunch.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:49 am
The Battle Masion.

I'd heard of it, of course. I usually steer clear of anything relating to certain regions, but the rumors regarding Kalos's Battle Masion were rather interesting. They way they handled Pokemon Battles there were certainly unique. I'd even heard of people attaining titles of nobility from there, though that wasn't interesting to me. Still, it'd certainly be interesting to see how my team's talents held up in that place.

"I may have to take you up on that offer," I spoke up mere seconds before the group's attentions were diverted to the nearby dining table. I wasn't interested in what was on offer, given some of the ingredients, but I didn't want to be rude, either. I needed to temper my attitude, at least while I was inside. I wasn't letting my Pokemon touch that slop, though. So I took a seat, ignoring Mustard's offer for asking questions. I just wanted to get this over with.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:53 pm
Reno would only be able to greet the sudden outburst of enthusiasm from Johan with an ever growing look of incredulity. Sorry, Sabrina has enough respect for him to actually consider him an equal? Based off of his own interactions with the more traditional Psychics like Sabrina, he figured his style of being a more creatively interpreted 'Psychic' was not exactly looked upon with good graces. So while he was still processing the fact he was actually seen in a good light somewhere in the world, he suddenly felt his hands being dragged along in the clutch of this new.....friend? We'll go with friend. Processing the questions that he had been asked and what he had apparently been only half listening to, Reno would eventually pluck up to speak. "Well....the best I can offer from personal experience to give some pushback to Sabrina. If I got her respect from my trip through the gym, that's about what I did. Alongside some proving bonds with Pokemon stuff." Scratching his chin as he thought of something better to offer, he would eventually add, "If the respect is based more off of what I did afterwards, then I'd go with trying to do your own spin on things with your powers. Like...I tried to do the whole 'traditional' psychic powers and stuff but I jammed way better with using it to punch stuff, control electricity, and make weapons and stuff from goo. Maybe find something like that to give yourself your own thing that isn't just telekinesis or that stuff?"

As the call to join the dinner table came across, Reno would breath a sigh of relief as he moved to join the table. Snagem had prepared him for a lot of things, but being respected in his field and treated like he knows anything was certainly not one of those things. Deciding it was best to focus on his own food instead of this utter oddity of a social experience, Reno would only have just raised a spoonful of the stew when Mustard managed to just appear from underneath the table. Yelping in surprise, Reno would send his stew spoon flying into the ceiling of the room with a slightly more forceful prosthetic motion than he expected. Grumbling as he stared at the now barely out of reach utensil, Reno would detach his arm and swat the spoon out of its slight recess with the appendage like he was using a broom to brush it down. Reattaching his arm and returning to his food, he would hear the master's question for the gathered Psychics. Well, might as well seek some sort of answer.

"Well, since I guess I got the floor, I got a few questions." Reno said, looking over towards Mustard and his strange Teddiursa that was stuffed in a high chair. "I get the feeling from everything going on with you that you exist as a sorta separate entity from the Gym circuit for Galar. So why are you so willing to accept and test the lot of us like this? Especially since the martial arts dojo seems more fitting for testing for a Fighting type leader rather than a traditional Psychic type leader." Giving a nod as he finished his initial question, Reno would give Mustard a chance to answer the more relevant and direct question of his before he would raise his hand again. "For less pertinent to the whole Psychic gym leader selection process, what sort of martial arts do you teach here? Because, uh, my self-trained butt might swing by after this for some traditional lessons so I actually have some moves beside street fighting. And also, what's up with Kubfu there? Does he learn the martial arts too?"  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff