Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Scouting a Psychic - The Next Galarian Gym Leader? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:34 am
Mustard would smile at Reno's question, it was a good one and one he had received before so he expected it somewhat. "You are correct, this dojo and the Isle of Armor is not part of the Galar League, instead only those of note are allowed on the island and even fewer of them are accepted into this dojo so I guess you could say you are all a privileged lot." Mustard laughed to himself. "After all, not everyone gets to train under a former Champion." He said, slyly grinning at Reno as he revealed his former status. The entire room, save for Honey and Avery, seemed surprised by this revelation. "So to properly answer your question my status as a former Champion, and the experience it comes with, grants me the tools needed to vet possible Gym Leaders for the league. At least that's what they say! I think they just gave this old geezer a busy work job to get him to step out of the limelight for the young blood!" He said with a laugh, mostly joking.

"Besides that our dojo is famous for teaching two styles of martial arts, those being Bajiquan or Single Strike Style and Mantis or Multi Strike Style. I suppose the names describe themselves." He nodded to himself. "But yes, little Kubfu here practices martial arts here at the dojo. In fact it is Kubfu's species that inspired these martial arts which the dojo was built again. I guess you could say his kind is very special."

"Now! If no one has anymore questions...let's eat!" Mustard declared happily and so the group of Psychics, plus Mustard and Honey, began to dig into the succulent stew Honey had prepared from the items they gathered. At first one would be right to be leery that the ingredients they brought could make anything good but just one bite would dispel any doubt as you were greeted by possible the most delicious thing you ever put in your mouth. As more and more was eaten one would feel filled with energy and strength, as if the stew banished the very concept of tiredness from your being. Was this from the Max Mushrooms they gathered? Maybe this was the true purpose of making this meal, to invigorate the Psychics, though that was ominous for what was to come next.

-----

"Ah~ That was delicious!" Mustard declared, leaning back in his chair and patting his belly, Kubfu mimicking him from his high chair. "So, do you kids enjoy the stew? Pretty good huh? My darling Honey is a master chef! Thank you dear for the delicious meal." He complicated his wife who was already going about cleaning up. "So, I bet all of you are feeling pretty good right about now, huh? Like you could run laps around this island. Am I wrong?" He asked with a devious smile.

"You intend for us to partake in a physically tasking challenge next, do you not?" Divit spoke up, already deducing that this meal of Max Mushroom stew was to prime them with something grueling, not that the Medicham hybrid was a stranger to physically demanding training, but he was already familiar with taking natural stimulants prior to such things.

Avery however looked to Divit and Mustard nervously, he was not cut out for physical stuff, even if he was feeling pretty strong right now.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:34 pm
Despite the taste, I took my time with the stew, due to my misgivings with some of the ingredients in it. I was somewhere close to halfway done with it when talk of a physical challenge came up. I didn't pay attention to this at first - I spent a few hours every day working out just to keep myself in shape, so I figured I'd be fine. I spent a couple minutes experiencing schadenfreude from the nervous look on Avery's face before something clicked in my mind.

"I take it your discussion of this dojo's espoused fighting styles will be involved in this upcoming challenge," I guessed. I wasn't exactly expecting to be right about that, but my gut said it was a fair guess, and it made a bit of sense. At least, at face value. Considering Avery's face wasn't the only one to bear a nervous look, going from a scavenger hunt to kung fu lessons might be a tall ask. I couldn't convince myself that it wasn't a possibility, though, so I told my brain to stop overanalyzing the concept and decided to focus, instead, on Mustard as I awaited his response.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:16 pm
Reno would only be able to stare across the table at Ter with a look of pure bewilderment and mild horror. "I asked him about the martial arts styles. Did....did you miss the part where I did that? Do we need to get you a CAT scan for tumors?" Reno quizzed, giving a look of concern to the other Snagem of the group. "Like...I can do the physical stuff fine but should we give him a medical check-up?" As he continued to speak, Reno would move himself around the table to where Ter was, doing his best to test the man's reactions to stimuli like Reno snapping his fingers or shining a light in his eyes. He had to be sure this wasn't anything serious, after all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:13 pm
"Yes, the fighting styles of my dojo are relevant to this next part. While the fighting styles taught here legitimate varieties of martial arts I do consider them excellent exercise! An active Gym Leader is a good Gym Leader I say! The league doesn't need couch potato trainers. Besides, what would the children think if their local Gym Leader was out of shape? A Gym Leader must set a good example." Mustard said, nodding along to his own words. His reasoning for why this was all pertinent to a Psychic Gym Leader was kinda flimsy but what could any of them say? The League gave him the final say.

"As such you will be divided into two groups and taught the ways of the dojo's fighting styles, at least the basics. You will pick to learn the ways of the Dark Fist, a lesson in powerful decisive blows of the Single Strike Style or the Water Fist, a lesson in the well aimed numerous blows of the Rapid Strike Style. Each style focus on different types of fighting, Single Strike focusing on delivering the most powerful strike possible to end a fight as quick as possible while the Rapid Style focuses on delivering a multitude of purposely aimed blows to overwhelm a foe. You will spend three days learning the basics and philosophies on these styles before we move onto the next step. Now then, if you wish to learn Single Strike gather to my left, if you wish to learn Rapid Strike gather to my right." Mustard explained. Which would Reno and Ter pick?

(You can both pick the same one, it's no problem, I have plans either way.)  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:40 am
Called it on the money, apparently. Well, my daily exercises probably gave me a leg up over the majority of the participants, here. I couldn't even begin to assume I'd have an advantage over Reno, though, despite not knowing the first thing about how he spends his free time. I was fine without that knowledge, though - I should expect to be challenged by him no matter what at this point.

Shaking my head, I focused on the choice ahead of me, but there wasn't really a choice. The Single Strike Style being referred to as 'Dark Fist' was enough to not want to be involved with that, so my decision couldn't be easier to make. I stood to the right of Mustard, determined to disregard Reno's fake concern. "You didn't ask if it had anything to do with the upcoming challenge, just like I didn't ask any details about the dojo's fighting styles. Calm down."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:19 pm
Reno would roll his eyes directly in front of Ter's face. "You got lucky because I know for sure you don't see the future. Otherwise, you'd be insufferably smug for your win or inconsolable for your loss." Reno shot back, watching as the other Snagem moved over to the Rapid Strikes side for what style to try and learn. Well, that was a nice coincidence. Reno was expecting powerful, decisive blows to be more adaptable to how limited his prosthetics could be in the fluidity of their movements some days so he had been wanting to go with Dark fist. Now he had even more reason to do so.

Very pointedly stepping his way over to Mustard's left side, he would look towards their now-master. "So who shall be our teacher? Because as capable as I am certain you are, even you can't be in two places at once, Master Mustard."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:11 am
I couldn't help but shoot Reno an odd look, basically saying "what kind of argument is that?" with my facial expression. "Putting aside how unreliable gazing into the future is, doing so would be INCREDIBLY bad sportsmanship, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I were disqualified for attempting to do so." I explained. I wanted to go into more detail about how Gym Leaders were meant to be reliable to the communities their gyms are built within, but I didn't want to start a full-on rant while the dojo's leader was trying to organize the next challenge.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:40 pm
"Alright alright, calm down boys." Mustard said with a chuckle. "And good observation, Reno, you are right that I cannot be in two places at once. You'll find a teacher waiting for you at the towers you will be training at." This talk of 'towers' would earn Mustard some strange looks from the Psychics around them only for him to realize he hadn't mentioned that. "Oh! Right, silly me!" He laughed. "On this island are two towers, the Towers of Two Fists. Along the beach in the west is the Tower of Waters while in the eastern mountains is the Tower of Darkness. Each group will travel to their designated tower and meet their teacher to begin their brief training."

He said, beginning to walk away after informing them of the gist of their next assignment, having already taken note who was in what group. "Oh and you have to travel to the tower on foot, no riding a Pokemon or flying. I'll rely on you to keep each other honest. I'll see all of you tomorrow." With that he turned back around and waved at them over his shoulder before exiting the room. Looks like it was time to get walking.

Single Strike Group: Reno, Bede, Dexio, Ian

Rapid Strike Group: Terashi, Jonah, Avery, Divit

(In your next post write out their walk to the tower and include some interactions with other members of their group. If you need any help on characterization of said characters message me. You can also see this post where I introduced them.)  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash