Welcome to Gaia! ::

Warriors: Dreams of War

Back to Guilds

Gaia B/c based on the Erin Hunter Warriors series. Rp based Pet shop! 

Tags: warriors, Cats, Wars, Dreams 

Reply Roleplay
[DISCORD LOG] A Mother Lost (Lost Mother x Wikit)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky Tamer

Romantic Sex Symbol

10,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:26 am
"You won't believe what Fernpaw did this morning!" the voice echoed in the she-cat's mind as she tossed. Every morning she woke to her neighbor bragging about her kittens and every night, she was haunted by the fact that she had none of her own. She barely got any sleep anymore and would lure another male back to her den in hopes of someday feeling the joy of birthing her own kittens and yet, every day was the same. This had been going on for so long and she couldn't stand it any longer. She wasn't sure what finally caused her snap. Perhaps it was jealousy, maybe it was lack of sleep and exhaustion but the bloodbath that was found the next morning was the worst seen in the clans for as long as any of them could remember. Fernpaw, her siblings and her parents all laid dead and dismembered in the den, blood everywhere. A search went on for many moons for the culprit but, she was long gone by then. On that day, the clan lost 5 cats, 4 to starclan and one to madness. The she-cat wandered through the woods for so long that she couldn't remember how much time had passed and, she finally fell in a heap of exhaustion and hysterical laughter. When she came to, she found herself in a den she was not familiar with and a tom was helping her, bandaging her tattered paws and licking blood from her fur. "Ahh... You're awake." the tom mused as he worked. "I was afraid you were too far gone to bother with but, I couldn't forgive myself if I left you without trying." he mused. The next several days, the two grew fond and she regained her strength. Days turned to week and their bond grew stronger and they soon became mates. She had finally gotten the one thing she desired most in the world and she carried her kittens in her womb with great pride. She thought she'd finally found happiness away from the clans but, Starclan had other plans for this wicked feline. On the day of the kitten's birth, the tom had gone out on a hunt.
A storm kicked up and she went into labor. On that day, she lost everything. As he was rushing home with the freshkill, lightning struck a tree and a branch came down hard on his neck, paralyzing him. He fell face first into a puddle and could do nothing but thrash his head as the water seeped into his nose and mouth. Meanwhile, the she-cat watched in horror as kitten after kitten was revealed to be laying completely motionless. She licked at them desperately, sobbing uncontrollably for hours but, they never took their first breaths. She curled around their corpses and continued to sob and lick until sleep overpowered her. She stayed with the kittens for days but, when her mate didn't come home and hunger became too much, she set out in search of him. Little did she know the life she would forever be cursed with from that day on. She wandered aimlessly through the forest, tripping over fallen limbs and branches and weakly calling out for the tom.

Luna — 02/23/2022
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/575140117488861204/610677200781312041/Wikit.png

Wikit had been out on a hunt for the few permanent residents of his little under tree dugout, going along without a care in the world. The storm a few days ago had been pretty nasty and their small kill pile had ran low to a couple fat mice and a water logged bird. So a purr echoed in his throat as he trotted back with a rabbit in his jaws.

Until he heard crying.

He stopped and his ears pricked for the sound, seeing if it was coming closer or getting farther away. Not to mention who or what was crying exactly, though in his gut he knew it was a cat that was in peril of some sorts. Just not what kind of peril and he was hesitant to rush in and get himself killed. He had made a promise to Split after all and he intended to keep it.

But when the voice grew louder and was obviously calling for someone with no response, his paws picked up again and he made a b line right for it, until a very pregnant, or at least used to be pregnant nursing she cat came into view looking like she had just lost the world and was literally running on empty. "Erm..." he said around the rabbit, bounding to her side and dropping his catch, sniffing at her side, ears back. "Hey.... hey are... are you alright?" he asked, the only words coming to his mind despite the fact he could quite clearly see she was ANYTHING but alright.

His head darted around looking for another but he neither sensed nor smelled any other cat but himself and this poor she cat.

robbedragon — 02/23/2022
"I'm looking for my m-" she choked up a bit, dreading the next half of the sentence. "They're dead!" she screamed before falling into a sobbing heap on the ground.

Luna — 02/23/2022
Wikit was confused, and took a momentary step back as she collapsed on the ground sobbing. He glanced around for who she could possibly be mentioning before he leaned down to nose her. "Stay with me, whose dead?" he asked, now looking her over for any wounds. He didn't see any physical ones but judging by the state of her belly, she probably meant her kits, which brought a frown to his face.

robbedragon — 02/23/2022
"The babies!" she screamed. "They weren't breathing and now I can't find my mate!"

Luna — 02/23/2022
Yup, as he feared. He sighed, sitting down, now realizing there probably much he could do right now, side from possibly tracking down her mate. "Ok look breath. I want to help but you gotta calm down. When did you last see him?"

robbedragon — 02/23/2022
She sniffed and looked up. "He went out to hunt before the storm. I went into labor right after and.... He never came home." she explained.

Luna — 02/23/2022
Wikit shook his head and sighed. "How long ago was that then?" he said, raising his nose to the sky, mouth open to catch for scents. Again, he didn't smell any other cat around so either he went in the other direction or his scent had already been washed away.

robbedragon — 02/23/2022
"I don't know. I didn't leave the den until a little bit ago. Could've been days but I didn't want to leave my kittens there." she admitted. "I kept praying to Starclan that they'd somehow start breathing and licking but...." she could feel the tears welling up again. "I've lost everything!"

Luna — 02/23/2022
WIkit's chest began to feel tight and he started to panic a little. Days? "Oh boy oh boy, ok ok ok Wikit think." he said to himself, rubbing a paw across his face briefly to try to wipe away any fear. "I think we need to get you help first." he frowned, looking at her weekend state. "My little burrow isn't too far from here. Lets get you warm with food first yeah?" he said, gesturing towards the rabbit. He wasn't quite sure when the last time she'd eaten but he was going to guess the answer was days as well.

robbedragon — 02/23/2022
In her current state, she couldn't really argue with him and she knew she needed to survive at least long enough to find her mate so she struggled to her feet. "Thank you..." she whispered in a hushed tone.

Luna — 02/23/2022
Wikit simply nodded, picked up the rabbit and helped nudge her to her paws. He waited until she was ready, moving at her pace, gently steering her in the direction of his den, or the hole under the roots of a big tree that he had slowly carved out to be his den.

When he managed to get the pair of them inside, he nudged the rabbit towards her. "Eat. Rest. And if you can...tell me what your mate looks like. I'll go search for him..."

robbedragon — 02/23/2022
"My mate?" she asked, lost in a fog. "H-he's an orange tabby. He has a white blaze on his forehead." she answered, he eyes darting back to the rabbit as her stomach gurgled.

Luna — 02/23/2022
"Orange tabby with a white blaze...." he repeated, but softly to himself. He hadn't seen any such toms around. He followed her gaze to the rabbit before nudging it closer again, trying to hide a soft sigh. "Go on, I can get more. Eat your fill."

robbedragon — 02/23/2022
She dropped down on the rabbit, ripping out huge chunks.

Luna — 02/25/2022
Wikit watched his prey be devoured in seconds, knew it would happen, but it was still a small bit of a blow. Regardless, he offered her shelter and he was going to stick to that. "Rest here. I'll go see what I can find, maybe bring back more prey." she mewed, hoping the others that stayed here would help keep an eye on her.

robbedragon — 02/26/2022
The she-cat was lost in a ferocious hunger as she tore into the rabbit, the rest of the world a haze as her mind settled on only one thing.

Luna — 03/01/2022
Wikit shook his head, it was only natural she was too focused on eating to really pay attention. He only hoped she'd wait there while he went off to search for her mate.

After some time of honest good searching, Wikit returned to the cave, soaked and looking forlorn. He had hoped he didn't have to return with bad news but that unfortunately wasn't the case. He peered into the den, trying to see if she had stayed or not. "Um.....Mother?" he called, now realizing he didn't even have her name.

robbedragon — 03/01/2022
The she-cat had polished off the rabbit and was now resting next to it anxiously. It was clear from her eyes that she was at a loss for what to do anymore, she felt as if she had no purpose nor meaning and she longed to find her mate and sob herself into the bleak darkness of sleep.

Luna — 03/01/2022
Wikit saw her, glad she hadn't left, though grief tugged at his heart as he padded towards her carefully, slowly, ears low. "I'm afraid I have bad news...." he whispered, almost holding his breath. "I...I think I found your mate but...... I was too late..."

robbedragon — 03/01/2022
"Of course you were...." she muttered. She wanted to cry but, she lacked the energy. She was just numb and any sense of concern washed away with the rains.

Luna — 03/01/2022
The tom cat wasn't sure what to do and instead offered to curl up next to her to help regain warmth if she needed it. "I'm...really sorry..."

robbedragon — 03/01/2022
"I'm so lost...." she muttered. "Starclan has forsaken me and I deserve it."

Luna — 03/03/2022
His ears flicked a bit at the last part, confused on if she meant it or was just overcome with grief. "Why would you deserve it? Surely loosing your kits and your mate.... that can't be your fault." he said hesitantly. @robbedragon

robbedragon — 03/03/2022
"I've done horrible things." she sobbed. "I let jealousy and rage control me and I took lives that weren't mine to take. Now Starclan is punishing me!" she rambled, half mad with grief.

Luna — 03/08/2022
He couldn't say anything to that, he didn't know clan laws or really how this Starclan worked, he was a loner after all just doing his own thing. "I um... I'm not up on all the... sky cats... but I'm sure you had good reason, I mean. I hear clans sometimes have conflicts with each other and you all have to defend your homes....."

robbedragon — 03/08/2022
Lost Mother sniffled and looked up. "I killed kittens and a queen from my own clan..." she admitted.

Luna — 03/08/2022
"Ah....oh..." he said and shook his head. He really couldn't judge her though, at least he tried not too. He didn't discourage anyone from stopping by his cave for food, shelter and other needs based on past deeds alone. "Well, regardless. I wont make you leave if you don't want too... if you need anything else?"

robbedragon — 03/08/2022
Lost Mother seemed confused by this. "You really don't think I'm a monster for what I did?" she asked.

Luna — 03/08/2022
Wikit shrugged. "We all do things we aren't proud of.... I mean some worse than others but ya know. As long as you don't try to harm anyone here in my small family... we will look out for." @robbedragon

robbedragon — 03/08/2022
"I didn't want to do what I did in the first place...." Lost Mother muttered. "It's just.... Every time I tried to sleep, I heard her smug voice bragging about her kittens and making remarks like, 'you really should have kittens' and 'when are you going to have kittens?'. I couldn't sleep and, I just snapped one night. I don't even really remember doing anything. I just closed my eyes and, when I realized what was happening, there were bodies and blood everywhere so I ran." she recalled the tale. Even now, it felt like some sort of dark nightmare and her memory about it was fuzzy. "I think I just need some rest and then I'll be on my way." she stated. "I don't need to burden you anymore."

Luna — 03/08/2022
Wikit leaned over to gently lick the top of her head as she explained her story, hoping to calm her down. "No one likes a stuck up Queen." he half laughed softly. He wasn't going to defend her actions but he wasn't going to chastise her either, wasn't his place. "Rest is good. Stay as long as you like, honestly. A few days at least. Whisper and I can hunt for you, Spirit is too weak to leave the den but she'll gladly help keep you warm." he gestured to the sleeping albino she cat in the back, a very tiny shell of a cat with bones visible in all places. He had to laugh at the cats he was 'collecting' unintentionally, but quirks aside he loved them all. @robbedragon

robbedragon — 03/08/2022
"You're too kind...." Lost Mother mewled and she returned his affection with a purr and soft nuzzle against his side. "I think I'll go lay down for a minute and hopefully that rabbit will give me enough energy to help hunt." she suggested.

Luna — 03/08/2022
Wikit nodded and purred. "No stress if not, plenty more where that came from." he chuckled, sitting down and beginning to have a bath of his own.

robbedragon — 03/08/2022
The large she-cat made her way over to Spirit to rest. "Hi, there." she said as way of introduction. Then, it occurred to her that, she didn't know what to call herself. She thought about using her old clan name but, it felt wrong in her mouth. No, she'd been through far too much to keep such a name. She then thought about the path she was on and sighed, "I'm Lost Mother."

Luna — 03/08/2022
Spirit had been sleeping on and off, being a cat that was generally always sickly made her generally always tired, but the voice brought her from her dreams and she lifted her head, smiling. "Hello Lost Mother." she smiled though inwardly she frowned at the other's name, it felt so sad. "I'm Spirit. Are you staying with us?" she purred, tapping the tip of her tail to invite the other to snuggle in. She looked like she should have kits but noticed there weren't any.

robbedragon — 03/08/2022
Lost Mother took the invitation and curled up at her side. "I will stay for a few days to regain my strength. Then..." she paused and gave Spirit a few licks before laying her head across the smaller cat gently. "Well, I don't know what then." she admitted.

Luna — 03/08/2022
Spirit purred loudly, snuggling into Lost Mother. She loved any chance for a new friend of family. "You can stay as long as you need if you aren't sure. Wikit is very kind that way. Plus I would love someone to chat with." she mrrowed softly, grooming a spot behind the other's ear on instinct.

robbedragon — 03/18/2022
Lost Mother purred and gently groomed her back. "I have nowhere else to turn for the time being..." she whispered. "Perhaps time will tell."

Luna — 04/15/2022
"I was like that, when Split first found me. My sister had been caught by two legs....and I didn't have anywhere to go. So far, they've let me stay here as long as I need and I've met some wonderful cats!" she beamed, hoping the same could be true for Lost Mother.

robbedragon — 04/15/2022
Lost Mother seemed to consider that for a moment. "Perhaps some time here won't hurt. It isn't as if I have any other options...." she admitted. "At least until my nursing days are over. Then I should probably move along. I bring nothing but death and despair to those around me." she muttered.

Luna — 04/15/2022
Spirit frowned. "I've lost kits too.... " she said and rested her head on the other she cat. "I'm truly sorry...." She knew all too well the pain that caused, physically, mentally and emotionally.

robbedragon — 05/17/2022
Lost Mother sniffed back her last tear and stared at the cave walls, hoping sleep or something would drag her from her pitiful thoughts.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:34 pm
Hi  

Guoba

Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas