Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
It's Finally Happening

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 2:07 pm
The ceremony felt like it went on FOREVER. I had never been to a wedding before, but I figured most weddings didn't have as many problems crop up as ours did. Every ten minutes or so, I heard of a problem popping up. Somebody had to be brought in to cover for somebody that was supposed to be there, or something needed to be replaced for something else. Always something else that needed to be compromised over. The worst part is that I couldn't help with anything. I was expected to stay put in a room and 'get ready'. My father was pretty adamant that this marriage stay true to Unovan tradition despite the bride being Kantonian-Johtonese. Granted, that's where she was raised, not necessarily where she was born, but that didn't matter to me.

With all this going on, I was starting to get nervous. When Father noticed and asked me if I was getting cold feet, I gave him the most respectful "Hell, no," I could muster. I just didn't want the ceremony to flop and to have to do all this over again. Eventually, however, I was let out of the tiny room I was shoved in and brought out to the main room for everyone to see. Extended family members and friends of the family - both Keiko's and mine - were pleasantly surprised by the tuxedo I was wearing and the way I looked. The Snagems in the audience likely weren't surprised, however. I could see them saying it looked like I threw a tuxedo jacket over my Academy uniform. The tuxedo I was wearing was, of course, not the same as that outfit. Very expensively so. But I wasn't going to be shocked if I heard comments that I didn't look any different.

Eventually, those thoughts faded away, being replaced with concern on what the hell was taking so long. Sure, i went into this expecting that I'd be ready before Keiko was, but it took me far longer than I thought it would to get me ready. Then again, it made sense that the same applied to her, but it was starting to get ridiculous. I was ready to take a mental peek into her emotional state - something Father had forbidden and I had decided to withhold from before he said anything - when I realized she was a lot closer than I thought she'd be. That's when I saw her at the end of the aisle, holding her adoptive father's hand. And holy -crap-. The organ had started playing at that point, and the father-daughter pair had started walking forward, but I didn't pick up any of that. Time seemed to freeze in place when I laid my eyes on my wife-to-be and that drop-dead gorgeous dress she was wearing. The dress itself wasn't anything too remarkable. It shone a rainbow of faint colors in the light while looking mostly white. It also hung off the ground by a couple of centimeters - enough that it didn't catch on the ground but also enough that you couldn't see her feet which were likely bare since i highly doubted they made shoes made to fit that kind of foot. Her shoulders and arms were bare, and the top of the dress hugged her torso, only leaving the slightest hint of cleavage visible. There was also the veil - transparent enough that you could see her eyes behind it, but also covering up the top of her head entirely, leaving a pair of brown and pink ears trailing behind her and some brown locks hanging around her neck.

What made me stop still - what made time itself seemed to stop still - was the way Keiko looked in that dress. She looked like an entirely different person, but at the same time the look was quintessentially Keiko. I didn't know what to think, but I knew how I felt. Even if father was right and I was having cold feet earlier, there was no way in hell I was leaving THAT behind. I HAD to marry this woman, and as that thought left its impression in my mind, she was standing right next to me. That's when the organ stopped, my mind registering its song at the tail end, and I heard the priest marrying us start to speak. I wanted to whisper to Keiko to explain my complete surprise at her appearance, but if the ceremony was going to flop, it was going to happen now, and I already told myself I wasn't leaving this Keiko behind. I had to be patient. Keiko hadn't stopped smiling since I saw her, but the way she smiled now made it clear that my expression had given away how I felt in some small way. For the sake of the ceremony, I exhaled and exerted my willpower over my composure. I heard a sound coming from Keiko, and had a feeling she wanted to laugh.

Eventually, the priest ended his speech and spoke to me directly. I answered all his questions with single phrase - I do. Then he focused on Keiko and she followed suit. He then asked the crowd if anyone opposed the marriage, and I cast my mental reach out to the emotions of the crowd, wanting to be the first to know if anyone had any intent to ruin the marriage. I sensed an impulse form a couple of Snagems to speak up for the meme, but that notion was mentally chuckled at and ignored by those who thought of that, and by the time I realized there wasn't going to be any problems and retracted by to my own mind, I heard the priest ask Keiko and me to kiss to seal the marriage. I tried to make the kiss as chaste as possible, and while I could feel that Keiko was holding back as well, I also felt an overwhelming urge from her to take it further - one that she was strongly resisting.

The next thing I knew, Keiko and I were sat next to each other and the reception had started in earnest. The wedding cake had enough Unova in its design to make me think Father forced his involvement in it - as Mother didn't share his fervor in her patriotism. The band was also a popular group of performers from Unova singing modern pop music that was thankfully multi-regional. Keiko's parents were the first of a long line of people to talk to us in the reception, and we learned something rather interesting from them once they were done congratulating us and swooning over how well the ceremony went in their opinion. - Keiko apparently has a group of biological sisters living in Alola that her adoptive father met while he was working somewhat recently. My parents were next, and while Father couldn't stop grumbling about problems that had popped up before the ceremony and things he'd wished had gone the way he planned them , Mother was all smiles and sunshine, which was a nice change of pace for me after hours of Father's griping. Keiko, however, only smiled at the two, though I got the feeling Mother was happier now than she was before the ceremony, judging by Keiko's emotions.

After that, many other people came up to talk.

(All Snagems are invited to this event. Feel free to have your character do whatever it is they would normally do in a situation like this, or what you'd like to have them do. No retroactively ruining the ceremony pls, though attempts to ruin the reception are fine. Crash away. xD)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:53 am
Sub was there at the reception, dressed up in a very familiar tuxedo but lacking the long white scarf and black mask he used to commit crime while wearing. He hated formal gatherings like this, always made him feel uncomfortable, especially when it was the type of gathering where he was suppose to be on his best behavior and not here to sabotage something. But he put his comfort and feelings aside to be here for Terashi and Keiko, the two had been excellent teammates and they all had been through a lot together so the least he could do is suffer through all this happiness for them.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:15 pm
Kazu was blushing red. He wore an all black suit with his white hair and one red streak slicked back. "...I feel like an idiot." "Get use to it. Soon enough you are gonna have to dress like this when you want to ask for their blessings." Leon said as he was also dressed up for once. A bit more of relaxed fit with his hair tied back. "...Is she going to be okay? Time has passed for her differently. What happens if she doesn't remember them?" "Don't worry." both of them discussed as they were waiting outside the venue for someone. "Once she sees them, she'll remember. Just like how she remembered us."

As the boys were discussing, Kazu felt something tugging at his heart as he was suddenly teleported. It took him a bit to understand where he was, but he only teleported several feet away from where he was originally was as a Fairy Ring opened up as Ulla, alive and well stepped out. She was wearing an all white mini dress and flats with a flower crown. It took her a bit to get her footing back on solid ground. But she got it quickly as she looked at Kazu with a warm smile. Kazu blushed even more as he looked at Ulla's attire. "...You didn't need to dress up that much. Y-You being there would make them happy enough." "I look nice though don't I?" Kazu looked away as he merely led the way for Ulla.

The trio finally made it in as the kids were most in shocked by the venue. Leon looked around as he noticed the crowd of family members from both Keiko and Ter's side. Leon tapped Kazu's shoulder and pointed to where the two lovebirds were. "It's pretty crowded. So be sure to hold Ulla's hand so you two don't loose each other." "H-Huh?!" Ulla was just looking around as she felt Kazu gently grab her hand and led her through the crowd of family members. It got a bit tight in the crowd as Kazu held Ulla close to him. Once they broke through the crowd. Kazu let go of her hand as he cleared his throat. "U-Uhm...Ter? Keiko?" If they were to hear Kazu, he would point to Ulla right next to him.

This was the first time Ulla has been able to see them in person sense she has woken up. She was silent at first but then a tear rolled down her face as she wiped it away quickly. But then another one, and then another rolled down her face. She had the biggest smile on her face as she saw her adopted parents. "Congratulations....Mama. Papa. I'm home."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:59 pm
Lykas was present at the event along with some of the others, his usual attired replaced with something a bit more Alolan in nature. Mostly in the form of the sheer black shirt he wore, embroidered with vines and pops of color in the form of the native hibiscus. At least he was formal enough to wear a white sleeveless thing under it so he wasn't showing too much.

Odd, on the other hand, was looking the part of a vampire in some kind of supernatural romance novel, a black tuxedo with a purple corset vest with an intricate paisley pattern with matching cravat as his attire for the event. He tugged uncomfortably at the sleeves occasionally but otherwise seemed to be enjoying himself. "Why did you insist on wearing that, again?" He asked Lykas with a small smile. "I feel like I'm overdressed."

"If you can't combine comfort with style, why wear it?" Lykas retorted with a smirk. "I'm more concerned with those two." He pointed a thumb toward a corner, where Wren sat stiffly in his chair, feet squirming as he waited as patiently as possible to remove his dress shoes. Lykas and Odd had had to spend an uncomfortably long amount of time convincing the man he needed to wear shoes to the event to him to put them on at all. He as otherwise dressed in what appeared to be a black business shoe with emerald green trim, his dress shoes and belt in earthy brown leather.

Nearby, looking equally uncomfortable, though for entirely different reasons, sat Clare, wearing a lacy mid-calf length dress that appeared to have been hand-knit. Their hands were actually uncovered for now and their feet were adorned with a pair of gladiator sandals laced up the knees, leaving the glassy appendages visible.

"Yeah, I don't think they're going to be talking to anyone for a while longer." Odd admitted with a small laugh. Let's go see the newlyweds, then!" He said as he grabbed his partner's hand and headed off to see Terashi and Keiko.

"Hang on a sec!" Lykas whispered urgently, pulling Odd back a half-step and pointing. "Look who got there first. Give them a minute before we say anything." He suggested, heading toward the catering table instead for the moment. "We can grab a snack and talk to them afterward." He assured Odd.

((For reference, if desired: ))

Lykas' shirt: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Odd's vest color/pattern: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:59 pm
The reception felt kind of slow at first. As relatives and friends of relatives came to talk one after the other, I felt my mind wandering and my gaze with it. It didn't take me long to notice Sub among the crowd, and while I didn't need to be a Psychic Channeler to tell he was unfcomfortable (which is just as well - he was a Dark Channeler so I couldn't sense his emotions anyway), I was still glad he showed his support by being here. I didn't notice Ulla until she spoke up, however, and by the time I looked in her direction, Keiko was already hugging her. I didn't think we were supposed to move from our seats during the reception, but that was a moot point, now. I gave Keiko a few minutes to hug her feelings out before standing up and hugging our daughter myself. "Welcome home," I said with a wide smile. "I'm glad you're well enough to be here." I could feel my father's eyes on my back the whole time, though - I still needed to explain things to him and this was one element of that.

Keiko and I returned to our seats shortly after that, though Keiko was quick to offer Ulla a seat on her lap Both so she could spend some time with her daughter and so she could show her off - she was not shy in the slightest about being Ulla's adoptive mother, that was for sure.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:43 am
Ulla noticed an older gentleman that looked a lot like Ter, he was looking at both her then Ter. She got the feeling that he wasn't told about her. Kazu noticed the discomfort Ulla was feeling but then merely pushed her slightly forward. Ulla looked at him as he nodded to go sit with her parents. "What about you?" "Don't mind me. Just take this time to be with them while you still have it. Let the little princess be with her parents. I can wait." Kazu said as he walked back pushing through the crowd. Ulla blushed slightly at his comment as she watched him disappear in the crowd. "...Little...P-Princess?" She whispered to herself. As that was something only her biological dad called her.

She then shook off the weird feeling she had as she looked at Keiko and sat on her lap. "I really missed you two."

Kazu finally made it back to Leon as he was sitting at an empty table. "I see you were successful." "Yeah. Sure." Kazu said as she took a seat next to Leon. The psychic channeler looked around at all the decor. "...Is this really all needed?" "When celebrating the bond between two individuals, solidifying there love for one another. Yes." Leon said as he kept an eye on his sister  

Cecile Silverstone

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:45 pm
Before long Sub had spotted Odd and Lykas, noting the Darkrai awful shirt the later was wearing, you could see his nipples! But wait, did he actually care about that? No, no he did not. Give the pair a slight wave he then saw the Hanabi siblings plus one, the only other guests he was certain would show up. Trying to find comfort in his seat he fidgeted around a bit before making eye contact with Toumei senior, he could see the family resemblance. Upon overhearing Leon talk about 'love' Sub did he best not to gag, but then again he was at a wedding so he better get over it and quick.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:40 pm
Lykas and Odd both returned Sub's wave, Lykas carrying a small tray of snacks from the buffet table. The pair laughed quietly at Sub's barely concealed reaction to Leon's comments aimed at Kazu but finally approached the newlyweds. "It's about time you two finally tied the knot. How many years has it been?" Lykas asked with a genuine smile.

"Not to mention it's easier for you to officially adopt Ulla if you're married." Odd added with a nod to the young Fairy Mistress. "Speaking of. Welcome back to the mortal world." He told the young girl.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:52 pm
"We missed you too, sweety," Keiko cooed, gently hugging the young girl in her lap. I smirked at that, and turned my attention to the two closest friends I've had in Snagem since I joined. "Well, we were going to do this before the World Tournament, but we wanted to support our team and participate in that, so that set us back quite a bit as far as the timing of the wedding goes," I explained. I didn't want to talk about how I felt about the tournament because this was supposed to be a happy day, so I left my comment at that

I kept quiet when Odd mentioned 'officially' adopting Ulla. I did want to put our relationship with Ulla through official channels, and I knew doing so would make Father a lot more comfortable with the situation, but Ulla made her decision over a year ago. I respected it then, and I wasn't about to go back on that. I saw Sub gag out of the corner of my eye, and my thoughts shifted to him. I kind of wanted to offer him to come talk to us, but I had a feeling that'd only make him more uncomfortable. I did see Sub as a friend, but he kept some distance from the rest of the team as its leader, and while he took that to unreasonable levels sometimes, I did for the most part try to respect it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:05 pm
Leon glanced at Sub and merely chuckled at him. "C'mon I know we are both cold and brew to these things. But there could've at least been one time in your lifetime you felt something close to love?" The Poison Channeler said to Sub. While the two adults were talking, Kazu kept his eyes on Ulla. While he couldn't read what they were saying to one another, he was able to feel Ulla was disturbed by something. "..Ulla?" Kazu said as he was about to get up from his seat, but then decided not to. Whatever she was feeling uneasy about, he couldn't do anything about it.

Ulla stiffened up a bit at the word 'adopt'. She thought about it a lot, and after waking up. She thought about it more, Ulla tightened her grip on Keiko's arms that were wrapped around her. "U-Uhm..." Ulla said softly. "...Can...Can I be your daughter papa?" She said nervously as she looked at Ter for an answer. "I hope it's not too late."  

Cecile Silverstone

Side RP Board

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff