Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:45 pm
User Image
Ends August 7th, 10PM EST

The Bonelands is doing a giveaway to help get new members, new opportunities, and new faces to the pride! As we come into the full swing of things with this pride meta, we want to give users who have no suitable lions the ability to join in. We have a lot of exciting things planned, so we're hoping for as many people as possible to experience the fun. To help with this, SilverLutz and I have prepared five members of the Bonelands that will be up for grabs through various means. These members have pre-assigned names and some basic history associated with them, such as family and rank, but nearly all of them are fairly malleable when it comes to their personality.

User ImagePlease read all of the following information carefully before entering for any Bonelanders present in this thread.
  • You do not need to own any SoA, or Bonelanders to be able to participate in this giveaway.
  • All of these SoA must remain part of the Ithambo'hlabathi pride unless exiled.
  • Please take some time to ready up on the pridal info to familiarize yourself with it before entering.
  • All of these characters have pre-assigned ranks, ages, and families. Please be sure to read the description for each character before entering for them so there are no surprises.
  • Some of these characters will have additional information important to their character PM'd to the winner after this contest is completed.
  • No edits present on any character are inheritable.

User ImageRules
  • Anyone may enter for Uphaphe, Nonhlanhla, and Busisiwe.
  • Only users who have 1 or fewer Enda may enter for Siphiwe.
  • Only users who have 1 or fewer Bonelanders may enter for Nandi.
  • Dispersed/former Bonelanders do not count towards your total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:50 pm
User Image

Uphaphe
An elderly lioness, born before Matifu's era began, she has seen the rise and fall of many Abaholi, and lived through perilous events. One of these events even scarred her leg, forcing her to walk with a pronounced limp. A well-respected member of the pride, she is no longer in such high standing following a tryst with a rogue male during the end of Bangizwe and Andhaka's era that left her pregnant. Illness fatigue, and a hyena attack complicated the already high-risk pregnancy as she was old by the time she became pregnant. All of these events took a toll on her. The birth of her cubs nearly took her life, but with the work of the Imbiza, she was simply left infertile. Not that this fact bothers her too greatly, already old enough to be a grandmother. Only one of her three cubs survived, a pale daughter with dark, striped legs whom she named Ubukhosi, royalty.

Uphaphe's story is often told as a cautionary tale, used by lionesses to try and discourage the younger lionesses from straying from the pride's available male.

She has two sisters, Nozipho and Khanyisile, both of them were Cinga and have since passed away. The feathers she wears around her neck belonged to her sisters' vultures, two from each of their birds, as a way to remember and continually honor them. The white feather is one she found to even them out. The only other family she has is her daughter, Ubukhosi, and Nozipho's daughter, Nonhlanhla.

User Image

User Image

Nonhlanhla
Nonhlanhla is the daughter of Nozipho, one of Uphaphe's older sisters, and a rogue. Unlike Uphaphe, Nozipho bred with a rogue during a rogue swap during the tail end of Matifu's reign as Umholi, someone whom Nozipho tried desperately to appeal to, but never able. Like her mother, she has extremely strict standards for what is a suitable male, often leaning on the more conservative of opinions. Most of the recent Abaholi have been "pale-maned" or otherwise ill-suit to father her cubs. Bangizwe was nearly chosen by Nonhlanhla, but as his mind began to deteriorate, so did her opinion of him. Worrying, these sky-high standards have left Nonhlanhla without any cubs, and while quickly approaching an age where it would be unwise to have cubs, she is still extremely vocal about her distaste for the Inselele, viewing them as 'too weak to become Umholi' and 'easily defeated'.

Note: Nonhlanhla may have two more safe litters due to her age. On the third, she will die.

User Image

User Image

Busisiwe
Alongside her two other sisters, Nandi and Sisinde, Busisiwe was raised within the pride completely oblivious to her true lineage. In fact, none within the pride are any the wiser that in reality, the three are cheetons. Brought back by Bangizwe, none would suspect that the (now former) Umholi would mate with a cheetah. Resembling something more akin to a long-legged, lithe lioness, the three sisters have gone undetected.

Aside from her familial history and name, Busisiwe is a blank slate. She is infertile.

User Image

User Image

Nandi
Alongside her two other sisters, Busisiwe and Sisinde, Nandi was raised within the pride completely oblivious to her true lineage. In fact, none within the pride are any the wiser that in reality, the three are cheetons. Brought back by Bangizwe, none would suspect that the (now former) Umholi would mate with a cheetah. Resembling something more akin to a long-legged, lithe lioness, the three sisters have gone undetected.

Aside from her familial history and name, Nandi is a blank slate. She is infertile.

User Image

User Image

Siphiwe and Ndleleni
The son of Imbali and Bangizwe, Siphiwe followed in his mother's footsteps and became an Enda for the pride after bonding with Ndleleni when the pair were young. He enjoys travel, exploring new lands, and bringing news and stories home, but he does mid the home of his birth and his mother deeply, worrying about her often.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:53 pm
Entry Forms
Remember, you may enter for as many as you'd like, but you may only win one. If rolled, your name will be removed from subsequent rolls.

Uphaphe and Nonhlanhla are character contests.
Busisiwe and Nandi are raffles.
Siphiwe is a personality contest.

To apply for Uphaphe or Nonhlanhla, use this form:
[b]Lioness' Name:[/b] Uphaphe or Nonhlanhla
[b]Lioness' Personality:[/b] (A more detailed look at their personality.)
[b]Sample Writing:[/b] (Use them in a small roleplay sample, roughly ~100 words. It may be longer if you'd like. will also provide prompts for them.)

Uphaphe's Prompt: Ubukhosi is wandering...again. Her feet take her farther and farther from the pride these days, passed what is acceptable. The lionesses are starting to whisper, rumors being born. You know the Abaholi's patience is thin with her, especially as she was born from a rogue male. How do you handle her inquisitive nature?

Nonhlanhla's Prompt: A new Inselelo has joined the pride, besting Giruvegan in combat, but seems to arrive just as the Abaholi have ruled that cubs are not to be had until the current food shortage is addressed. Enion is his name, a Busisa whispers. He certainly has a darker mane than the last, black instead of lightening shades of brown, but his coat is pale.

You may use Ubukhosi in either of these prompts as needed.
- Ubukhosi is a cheerful, inquisitive soul, asking questions, searching out, and watching herds as they pass through the Bonelands. Recently, with the sudden exodus of all but a few stranglers, she is having to go further and further to see them. She loves the Bonelands, sees it fully as her home, and had no inclination to leave the pride, but her strange behavior and unproven blood make her a prime target for ridicule and estrangement.

To apply for Busisiwe, use this form:
[size=11][b]I'd like a ticket for Busisiwe![/b][/size]

(Remember, you must own between 0-1 Bonelanders to enter for Nandi.)
To apply for Nandi, use this form:

[size=11][b]I'd like a ticket for Nandi! I have (number) Bonelanders.[/b][/size]

(Remember, you must own between 0-1 Enda to enter for Siphiwe.)
To apply for Siphiwe, use this form:

[size=11][b]I'm applying for Siphiwe![/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]I have (numbers) Enda.[/b][/size]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:11 pm
Referral Contest
Successfully refer someone to this contest, have them enter for at least one of the five Bonelanders being given away and you'll be entered into a raffle for a random lioness. It will be your choice of lines and may be either an Umzingeli or Busisa, but the coloring will be entirely up to me.

Have you been referred?
Add the following text to your entry and put in the referrer's name to enter them into the raffle. You only need to do this once, regardless if you enter multiple times.

[color=orange][size=11][b]I was referred by (name)![/b][/size][/color]

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:13 pm
Entry Lists

Quote:
Entries for Uphaphe
1. Hoshi Lockhart
2. MangoMeow

Quote:
Entries for Nonhlanhla
1. AstoriaFallen

Quote:
Entries for Busisiwe
1. Seaki
2. Keantha
3. Hoshi Lockhart
4. Jovi of Shadows
5. AstoriaFallen
6. CandleWickGhost

Quote:
Entries for Nandi
1. Hoshi Lockhart
2. StarshineAngel01
3. CandleWickGhost

Quote:
Entries for Siphiwe
1. Keantha
2. Jovi of Shadows
3. MangoMeow

Quote:
Referral Contest
1. AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:47 pm
I'd like a ticket for Busisiwe!
I'd like a ticket for Nandi! I have 2 Bonelanders. (3 if you include Paeta in the Pridelands Meta?)  

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:53 pm
Seaki
I'd like a ticket for Nandi! I have 2 Bonelanders. (3 if you include Paeta in the Pridelands Meta?)

Nandi requires between 0-1 Bonelanders to enter for. c:  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:36 pm
I'm applying for Siphiwe!
Personality:Siphiwe is a bit of a goofball at times, always eager to explore the horizon and bring back stories as well as gifts to the pride (mostly for his mother.) He can be a bit of a cut-up as he tries to keep others' spirits high, only Ndlehleni sees the worry that he hides.

Keantha

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:01 am
Quaji

Nandi requires between 0-1 Bonelanders to enter for. c:
Oh heck, I swear I can read its just been a long day and I have no glasses on -facepalm-  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:20 pm

I'd like a ticket for Nandi! I have 0 Bonelanders.  

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:20 am

I'm applying for Siphiwe!
Personality: Adventure and discovery fuel his need to travel and see the world. He enjoys getting into hard-to-reach places, untouched by the paws of others, and uncovering what secrets they may have hidden away. He's a determined fellow with quite the hunger for proving himself useful to the pride. Companionship is far from his mind, as he feels that others may hold him back, or worse, he wouldn't be able to protect them if something went awry. His only attachment is to his mother, who he cares for deeply and his vulture companion. Though, if he's being honest with himself, a little attention from the rest of the pride when he brings back wild stories of his adventures isn't bad either.
I have 0 Enda.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:06 am
Lioness' Name: Nonhlanhla
Lioness' Personality: While many view her as stubborn she simply has higher standards than most. High standards are important to her and she's not afraid to voice her opinion. She is starting to feel her 'age' and that may change her tune in the future as to who she may pick to have children with since she does want to have some before she gets too old. That won't diminish her standards though, it might just change her views on Inselelo's given they prove themselves worthy in her eyes.
Sample Writing: There was a new Inselelo and while he had a dark mane, which was to her liking, he was still an Inselelo. They were a dime a dozen and never seemed to last very long in the pride. Perhaps if he were to prove himself, by some miracle, she might consider him. The only other lion that was potentially acceptable was Faust, his mane wasn't as dark as she'd like though. Still, this season wasn't good for cub bearing and things could change in the future. She'd have to hold out and see what the days ahead would bring.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:33 am

I was referred by (Astoriafallen)!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:14 pm
I am proxing for CandleWickGhost
*I don't suppose this would count as a referral would it?? -if not it's 100% okay*

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:36 am
Ends today!  
[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff