Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Ghobhainn Cottage & Forge Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:57 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxG ʜ ᴏ ʙ ʜ ᴀ ɪ ɴ ɴ xxxC ᴏ ᴛ ᴛ ᴀ ɢ ᴇ xxxᴀ ɴ ᴅ xxxF ᴏ ʀ ɢ ᴇxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

xxxᴀ ʀ ᴅ ᴇ ɴ , S C O T L A N Dxxx

User Image
User Image

Located on the outskirts of Arden, the Ghobhainn Family has lived in the same cottage for several generations. Most of the family has worked in the forge on property, which has kept to traditional methods. The family also raises a group of highland cows, who mostly just hang out in the back. The property butts up against a forest, which had fire in 2046.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:03 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxW ʜ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ x A ʀ ᴇ x W ᴇ ?xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxAᴏɴɢʜᴜs Eɪᴅᴇᴀʀᴅ Sᴇᴜᴍᴀs Gʜᴏʙʜᴀɪɴɴxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Fᴏʀɢᴇ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Aʀᴅᴇɴ || Iɴ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxMᴀɢᴅᴇʟᴇɴᴀ Eʟsᴘᴇᴛʜ Aɴᴅᴇʀsᴏɴxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Fᴏʀɢᴇ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Aʀᴅᴇɴ || Iɴ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴏʀᴇsᴛ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxTᴀ̀ᴍʜᴀs Nᴇᴀᴄᴇʟ Gʜᴏʙʜᴀɪɴɴxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs || Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Aʀᴅᴇɴ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxÁᴇᴅᴀ́ɴ Eᴠᴀɴᴅᴇʀ MᴀᴄIɴɴᴇsxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxEɪʟᴜɴᴇᴅ Áᴇᴅʜ Gʜᴏʙʜᴀɪɴɴxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Wɪᴛʜ Pᴀ || Wɪᴛʜ Mᴀᴍ || Wɪᴛʜ Bᴜʙʙʏ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:12 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxA s s ᴏ ʀ ᴛ ᴇ ᴅxxI ɴ ꜰ ᴏ ʀ ᴍ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ Floo Address: Ghobhainn Forge

⟹ Spotty Wifi Service - FirebirdWifi - Password: L1ghtTheF0rge2

⟹ Watch out running across the backyard, you may get chased by a cow (or several)

⟹ Do not enter the forge without proper protection. You will get kicked out.

⟹ The house and forge are both really warm, which is perfect for Tam to be extra cozy

xxxxxxxxF ᴀ ᴍ ɪ ʟ ʏxxP ᴇ ᴛ sxxxxxxxx

Highland Coos - They run the farm

Bodaigh (Softie) - Family Pyrenean Dog, handles the cows, named by Tam.

⇴A rehabilitated Sparrow, Rubaidh ♀, rescued by Áedán

⇴A baby bowtruckle named Úna ♀ that Tam rescued from a plant in the greenhouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:36 pm
User Image
User Image
Now i don’t want to feel the way i do
I’m screaming at myself now
Looking for a way out

User Image

Halfblood | First Year Slytherin | Twelve Years Old
Art Club
December 2057 King’s Cross Station > Arden With: Himself
Wearing: [Outfit] Status: “I’m on my own now. It’s fine. I’ll survive.”

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

While Áedán hadn't expected the return trip home to be quite so long, it wasn't so bad, all things considered. Tàmhas and his Pa made for nice company, and he was incredibly thankful for the kindness they were extending to him; he might have never made it home otherwise. The only thing that bothered him during the trip was the gnaw of anxiety at the prospect of confronting Rowan. During the comfortable silences along the ride, most of his time was spent in his own head, trying to sort out an appropriate course of action.

Eventually the trio made it back to Arden, and while Aonghus woke Tàm, he generously offered to take Áedán home or to let him stay the night. The Scottish countryside was dark as could be, but it didn't bother him one bit. "Thank you for everything, Sir, but I should get back before my brother starts to worry. He probably just forgot this morning." He answered, pulling a small flashlight from his backpack before slinging it over his shoulders and shutting the door behind him. "I live just across the woods here. I'll be fine to go on my own, I do it all the time." Crossing over to the other side of the vehicle, Áedán poked his head into the cab just as Tàm was starting to wake up. "Pft." He smirked fondly, reaching out to ruffle the other boy's hair. "See ya, Sleepy Head."

His flashlight was tucked safely into the front of his coat pocket to light his way. With a wave he bid the Gobhainn's goodbye and made is way into the brush. The walk through dark woods was the least of his problems, if he were being honest with himself. The air was cold and crisp, and after a full day crammed into a train and car, it felt fantastic to get out and stretch his legs. But what would happen once he got home? Rowan actually going off and forgetting was one thing; Áedán had sarcastic remarks for days at the ready for him. But what if it was on purpose? What then?

'No. He said he would never.' He reassured himself.

The trip home was as easy as predicted, taking no longer than 20 minutes if he had to guess--which he did, because he didn't have a watch. The trees parted into the familiar sight of his small neighborhood, of his house, lights on despite the later hour. He exhaled a sigh of relief. At least Rowan was home, so this could be sorted as soon as possible. He stepped up onto the stoop and tried the door, locked as expected. Pulling his keys from his pocket, he went to open the door, but his key wouldn't turn. That anxious feeling welled up again. 'Why would he... Change the locks?' After testing once more, he finally settled on knocking, startling and nearly dropping his keys at the sound of a deep bark from the other side. When did they get a dog?!

A man old enough to be his father answered the door and his heart dropped to his stomach. A friendly dog stood at his feet, tail thrashing.
Áedán had never seen this man in his life.

The man looked confused, but gave a kind smile as he spoke in a British accent, "Yes? Can I help you?"
"I'm... I'm Looking for Rowan MacInnes?" Áedán stammered out.
The older gentleman stared him down for a moment before recognition flashed in his eyes. "Oh! The MacInnes boy? He moved two months ago, didn't you hear?"
Blue eyes widened. "T-two months ago?"
"Oh yes. Around the middle of October. He said something about moving up towards The Cairngorms..."

Áedán could barely keep up with what the man was saying, his mind racing. Rowan left. He actually left. He said he wouldn't, but this man didn't seem to be lying. From what he could glimpse behind him of the house, it certainly looked like someone else lived there.
He didn't have a place to go now. He could make the long hike up to Cairngorms, sure. He knew Rowan must have transferred to the park there, but...
Clearly Rowan didn't want him anymore. What else was there to say about that? What would seeking him out do? Nothing.
If Rowan didn't want him, fine. It wasn't like it wasn't what he had asked for anyway, but... Áedán would have liked some time to prepare. He would have liked to have said goodbye.

The man snapped Áedán out of his thoughts as he stepped outside and gestured for him to follow. "Oh, but he left something here when he left. If you know him, could you make sure this gets back to him?"
They were headed for the shed out back. Áedán wasn't sure what Rowan could have possibly left behind, but when the man pulled Áedán's bow and arrows, that he had forgotten to put away the morning he left for school, his breath caught in his throat. He was filled with a sense of dread--Rowan had given his bow to him, after all--but also a sense of sheer relief. With his bow and arrow, his chances of surviving out on his own increased ten-fold. The circumstances may have been bad, but Áedán could work with this. He accepted the items with a promise to take care of them, and shortly after was on his way back to the woods. Once out of sight from his old home beyond the tree line, he took the time to check his bag, taking stock of his supplies.

He had his flashlight, of course. His compass, that was always kept close. His water flask was half full, there were a couple granola bars he never ate from the train, and he had a blanket. Of course there was his knife, always on him, and now he had his arrows. It may not have been much, but it was enough for now. If it came down to it, he was sure he could find some odd jobs in town to get some more rations. He slung his bag back on, adjusted his light, and grabbed his bow before heading deeper into the forest. First thing was first: He needed to find a source of water. Luckily, he knew where to find a creek from his house. Once water was near, he could find branches to make a fire, and find a shelter. The rest could be dealt with in the morning.

Try as he may have to push his thoughts from his mind, he found himself thinking of his brother's betrayal, of the argument they had that night, and of the promise Rowan had made him.
It was Áedán's fault. He knew it was.

"Why don't you just take me to the woods and leave me to die then?" He dared to ask him.
"Áedán!" Rowan had gasped. Tears sprung to his eyes. "Dinnae say hings lik' that!"
"Why not? That'd solve everything, wouldn't it?"
"It wouldn't!"
"You wouldn't have to sacrifice your time or energy.” Rowan charged toward Áedán, but he didn't falter. "You wouldn't have to feel guilty about putting me in some orphanage."
His brother's arms wrapped around him and squeezed tight. Áedán remembered feeling the sobs rack through Rowan's body, the way his cries to shut up rang loud in his ear. Áedán didn't move at first, though when Rowan made it clear he wasn't budging, he brought his arms around his back. He had stared over his shoulder, at the old family photo hanging on the wall with the fake-looking smiles that he didn't remember ever being a part of. Rowan seemed to feel everything so strongly, but Áedán? He felt nothing but a numbing ache in his chest as he pressed on. "You could go on about your life, just like before."

"Ah dinnae waant that!"
"You'd be happier."
"Na, ah wouldn't!"
"You could do whatever you wanted to."

"Áedán,
listen tae me!" Rowan pulled back from him, held him at arms' length as he stared him down with a level gaze. Though there was a strong tremor in his voice he did his best to bite back, there was a dead certainty that he couldn't argue with. "Ah'ament gaun anywhere, ye hear me? ne'er. Ever! ye'r mah bairn brother. A loue ye." Rowan sniffed, and pulled him in again. "All's we git is ilk ither noo, sae we've git tae stick th'gither, okay? sae dinnae blether lik' that anymair. Ye'r stuck wi' me 'til th' day ah die, okay?"

"...Okay."

What a line that turned out to be. He almost wanted to laugh.
'Why all the fuss, if you were just going gonnae leave me anyway?'

There was a log in his path, from a small tree that must have fallen in the last months.

'Why cannae people just be straightforward and say what they mean?'

He stepped up with ease, hopped off the other side, and continued forward.

'How cowardly can you get?'

A snap of a twig alerted Áedán to another presence. Without hesitation he spun around and released his arrow, a warning shot well-aimed at the ground in front of the potential threat. Even with the bit of light his flashlight offered, it was hard to tell what was near. If it was an animal, it would likely be scared away. If it was a person, well. He didn't plan to find out what they wanted. Late as it was, it couldn't be anything good. He took a steady breath before calmly threatening, "Whatever's there, I promise the next one won't miss."

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Scene continued from Platform 9 3/4
Rowan Translation:
"Aedan! Don't say things like that!"
"It wouldn't!"
"I don't want that!"
"No, I wouldn't!"
"Áedán, listen to me!"
"I'm not going anywhere, you hear me? Never. Ever! You're my baby brother. I love you."
"All's we got is each other now, so we've got to stick together, okay? So don't talk like that anymore. You're stuck with me 'til the day I die, okay?"

Cinnabun Gryffie

I lie to me
I say everything’s gonna be alright
Like i’m that naive

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Forest of Arden
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Bearing bad news
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Poor lad. What a way to find out

Aonghus had to admit he was glad to be home. It had been a little over 16 hours nearly straight of driving all the way to London, then all the way back. Perhaps next time, he would bring along some coffee. The redhead gently shuffled his son, who seemed to be lulled into sleep by the car ride. Then again, Tàmhas had always been able to fall asleep near anywhere. Áedán, on the other hand, was awake, noting that he could get himself home. He told Aonghus that he lived across the woods, and that he'd traversed them at night before. Tàmhas was stirring awake when the other lad ruffled his hair, earning a sleepy laugh. "Seeya later, um... Awake-y Bones!"

Blue eyes watched a moment as Áedán hurried into the tree line, before resolve set in. "Come noo, mah laddie. Let's git ye ben, cooried intae kip. Ye hae hud a lang day." The man stepped out of the car, doing a little stretch as he popped the back door open. The brunette still seemed a bit disoriented with sleep, so Aonghus happily scooped him up, carrying him inside. "A'richt, Tàmhas. Git yersel' snug in kip. Ah think a'm aff tae follow efter Áedán tae mak' sure he made it hame. Ah think he micht need a haun. Ah shuid be back soon." Aonghus gently squeezed his son, who nodded and started preparing for bed.

Aonghus grabbed his flashlight, as well as a few other hiking bits and bobs, then headed out to the woods following after the boy. He remembered hearing around town that the older MacInnes boy had all but vanished. Left his post at the park, stopped coming into town for necessities. People had rumored he'd either died or gone nuts and moved to the woods. After a while, their house had been repossessed, all their belongings sold, and finally, a new family moved into their home. It hadn't dawned on Aonghus to mention it, on the off chance his brother had simply moved, until the boy said he'd just walk home across the woods.

After about twenty minutes, he spotted Mr Frazier headed back inside. Both men cast a wave toward the other, then continued on their walks. Aonghus noticed the smaller set of footprints leading back toward the woods, so he quickened his pace and hurried after the boy. He figured by now, he would know what the rest of town knew. If he had assumed this were still his home, perhaps the rumors were true. Aonghus flinched once when he stepped on a rather loud stick, which snapped and echoed a bit through the frozen wood.

"Whatever's there, I promise the next one won't miss."

Aonghus heard the boy speak, an arrow landing in the ground just before Aonghus' feet. "Dinnae shoot, laddie. Tis me, Aonghus. Ah wanted tae mak' sure ye hud somewhere safe tae be. Th' townsfolk hae bin speaking oan yer brother recently, saying he wur gaen. Ah shuid hae tellt ye sooner, bit ah hoped he hud ainlie moved, 'n' ye knew whaur he wis." He stepped into the clearing a bit more, one hand raised, the other holding his flashlight toward the ground. No sense blinding the boy. After making sure he was in clear view, the man sighed toward the sky.

Why did it always seem to fall on him to share bad news? First with the Boyce family, now with his own son's best friend. "Áedán, na yin is sure whaur yer brother gaed aff tae. He stopped aff tae wirk, tae toun, 'n' a' body thought he died or moved awa'. Ah wis hoping 'twas th' latter, 'n' hoping ye knew whit happened. Ah wish ah cuid hae saved yer hame, bit th' bank teuk it awa', then sold it. Bit ye wull aye hae a hame in arden, 'ere, wi' me 'n' th' laddie. Come noo, let's git ye oot o' th' cauld." Aonghus reached out a hand, hoping the boy would trust him. Tàmhas, he was sure, would never forgive his Pa if something were to happen to his friend.

{{Aonghus: 1-"Come now, my boy. Let's get you inside, tucked into bed. You have had a long day."
          2-"Alright. Get yourself snug in bed. I think I am going to follow after Aedan to make sure he made it home. I think he might need a hand. I should be back soon."
          3-"Don't shoot, lad. It's me, Aonghus. I wanted to make sure you had somewhere safe to be. The townsfolk have been speaking on your brother recently, saying he were gone. I should have told you sooner, but I hoped he had only moved, and you knew where he was."
          4-"Áedán, no one is sure where your brother went off to. He stopped going to work, to town, and everyone thought he died or moved away. I was hoping it was the latter, and hoping you knew what happened. I wish I could have saved your home, but the bank took it away, then sold it. But you will always have a home in Arden, here, with me and the boy. Come now, let's get you out of the cold."}}

TrickBlues

Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          Aonghus - #CC1100
          Áedán

Gᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛɪɴ ᴄᴀɴ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀsʜ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʀɴ, ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀʀʟᴇʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴀɴ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʀᴜɴ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇxᴄɪsᴇ ᴍᴀɴ
          Kᴇᴇᴘ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍᴏᴋᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ʀɪsɪɴɢ, Bᴀʀɴᴇʏ
          Nᴏᴡ sᴡɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇғᴛ, ɴᴏᴡ sᴡɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ
          Sᴜʀᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴇxᴄɪsᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀʟʟ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Hᴇ's ᴅʀɪɴᴋɪɴ 'ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇᴀ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴅᴀʏʟɪɢʜᴛ
          Iɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs ᴏғ Cᴏɴɴᴇᴍᴀʀᴀ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:34 am
User Image
User Image
Looking for a way out

User Image

Art Club
Wearing: [Outfit] Status: “I’m on my own now. It’s fine. I’ll survive.”

"Mr. Ghobhainn?!" Áedán lowered his bow at the familiar voice, a frown tugging at his lips once the man was visible in the light. God, he just threatened his friend's dad. "Sorry, Sir. I didnae realize. But... Why are you here?"

His guard was up again at the mention of his brother. 'The town's been talking about him?' "...What are you talking about?"

The explanation wasn't one he expected. Rowan wasn't the type to just vanish in thin air—but then again, what did he know? Apparently he was the type. Áedán shook his head at the idea Rowan was dead. "No. I'll entertain any other rumors, but that's just nae true." He huffed. Rowan, dead? That was the craziest thing he's ever heard. "I told him to leave me here and he finally listened, is all. I know exactly where he is. He can stay in the Cairngorms, for all I care."

He sighed, his shoulders slumping as he nudged a pebble with his foot. His home... It hadn't been home for a long time now. "Thanks for the thought, but I dinnae care aboot any of that anyway. This is... This is what I wanted, after all. I asked for this, so I'll be fine." 'I will be. I have to be.' "I don't need anyone to check up on me. Just... Dinnae tell Tàm, okay? He's just gonnae worry when he doesn't need to."

The man offered his hand, but Áedán hesitated, taken aback. He still had a home here, with them? But why? "If you're worried because I'm a kid, that isn't necessary..." He reasoned, "I'm used to this kind of thing. I'm nae scared." It was the truth—if there was one thing Áedán was certain of at this point, it was that he could make it on his own. He would make it on his own. Mr. Ghobhainn was a kind man, just like his son, but... 'If I went with them...' He felt pressure around his eyes, but the tears didn't come. They never did. Whether the tremor in his voice was caused by his distress or the cold, he wasn't certain. "I... I don't want to be anyone's burden anymore."

OOC:

Cinnabun Gryffie

I lie to me
Like i’m that naive

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:47 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Bearing bad news
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He could teach me a few things

Aonghus moved a small tree branch enough to duck under, to come into full view of the boy, who luckily lowered his bow. Aonghus didn't particularly want to go rouse the clinic this late at night. When asked why he was here, Aonghus simply gestured toward the path they'd taken from the boy's former home. He then set about explaining what he had heard about Rowan, which certainly got a rise out of the boy. He quickly blamed himself, then said his brother had moved to the Cairngorms. Aonghus offered a nod, followed by a soft sigh. "O' coorse. If ye'r certain he moved, ah wull hawp ye. Ye knew yer brother far better than ony o' thae fowk in toun."

Dark eyes watched the boy slump down, likely due to the gravity of all Aonghus had shared. Poor lad likely had no idea, being away at school. Áedán then said this is what he had wanted, and that he didn't need anyone to check in on him. Then, bless his big heart, he showed concern about Tàmhas. "Aye, Tàmhas is certainly guid at worrying. Bit he ainlie fashes if he pure cares. 'n' ah ken he cares deeply fur ye." He glanced skyward for a moment, then looked back to offer a place with them.

Áedán said not to be worried because he was a kid, earning a deep, barking laugh from the man. "Amurnay worried fur yer a laddie. Ah ken ye cuid teach me a thing or twa aboot living in thae woods. Even a'm needin' supplies. Ah hae some ah kin len, if ye insist." He offered a warm smile, hoping to get the boy to at least come back for one night and set off with a clear head. Besides, he was right about Tàmhas being worried.... if he hadn't fallen asleep immediately, that is.

"I... I don't want to be anyone's burden anymore."

Aonghus looked surprised, then gently knelt down, taking a knee before the boy. He placed a warm, callused hand on Áedán's shoulder, hoping to convey all the feelings of the words he needed to speak. "A burden?! Dear laddie, na. Yer nae noo, nor ever hae bin a burden. Yer Áedán. A proud young jimmy wi' a guid hert 'n' keen mynd. Yer na man's burden. Bit, even th' wisest o' men ken thare is na pity in accepting hulp fae a mukker." He remembered a young Aonghus being told near these same words when he tried to leave home. Luckily for him, one of the townsfolk had spotted him, as there was a cold snap and he'd likely have frozen to death as a young boy. Then again, he was certain Áedán knew more about survival than thirteen-year-old Aonghus had.

{{Aonghus: 1- "Of course. If you're certain he moved, I will believe you. You knew your brother far better than any of these people in town."
          2- "Yes, Tamhas is certainly good at worrying. But he only worries if he really cares. And I know he cares deeply for you."
          3- "I am not worried because you are a boy. I know you could teach me a thing or two about living in these woods. Even I need supplies. I have some I can loan, if you insist."
          4- "A burden? Dear boy, no. You are not now, nor ever have been a burden. You are Aedan. A proud young man with a good heart and keen mind. You are no man's burden. But, even the wisest of men know there is no shame in accepting help from a friend."}}

TrickBlues

Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          Aonghus - #CC1100
          Áedán

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:05 am
User Image
User Image
Looking for a way out

User Image

Art Club
Wearing: [Outfit] Status: “Just… One night can’t hurt.”

Mr. Ghobhainn was a good person. Áedán had only met the man not even a day ago, yet he cared enough to check on a child that wasn't his. He was kind, with such reassuring words that Áedán would have liked nothing more to believe. He exhaled sharply through his nose as he was told he was not now or ever a burden, unable to help the amused smirk as he softly retorted. "You dinnae even know me."

Still, Áedán stood straighter after that, his spirits lifted if only a little by the man's advice. He seemed to mull over it a moment, weighing his options. It would admittedly be much easier if he could set out fresh during the day. There would be plenty of time to find shelter and get supplies before it was too dark to navigate effectively. Tàm would worry less; the thought occurred to him they wouldn't be able to get in contact as easily as they'd planned given the situation. He could at least tell him he was going on a camping trip over the break and give an explanation for when there was inevitably no answer on Aedan's home line.

Finally, he stepped past Mr. Ghobhainn to collect the arrow he shot into the ground. "...Okay. Just for tonight," he relented. With careful prying he was able to wiggle the arrow free, able to be saved for another use, before turning back to him. "If you're sure you'll have me. I'll be out of your hair by tomorrow then."

OOC:

Cinnabun Gryffie

I lie to me
Like i’m that naive

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:50 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán and Tàmhas
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Homecoming from the Cold
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Tàmhas did a good job keeping the fire alive

Aonghus smiled when he noticed Áedán's little smirk. The man reached his hand up to ruffle his red hair, much like he did with his own son. "Ah ken ye better than ye think. We ur gey muckle alike, ye 'n' ah." At that, the man pushed himself back to his full height, watching as the boy carefully dug out his arrow from the ground. Happily, a thought of teaching him to make his own arrowheads popped into Aonghus' head, even though they could be a bit tricky to make.

Áedán double checked that Aonghus wanted him to join, earning a nod from the man. "C'moan, let's git hame afore Tàmhas fashes. Th' morns mornin', we kin shaw ye th' forge, hae breakfast, then ah will grab ye some equipment if ye aye wantae bade 'ere in thae woods." He gestured over toward the house, walking alongside the boy in comfortable silence until they reached the house. Aonghus pushed open the door, allowing the boy to lead the way inside.

"Pa! Áedán! Thare ye baith ur! Ah wis getting worried! Th' radio said it's suppose tae snaw soon 'n' ah didnae want ye guys tae freeze." Tam quickly pushed himself up off the fluffy couch, where he'd been wrapped in a rather expansive pile of blankets and listening to a staticky old radio. He hurried over, throwing himself into a big hug with them both. Aonghus happily reciprocated, then went to stoke up the fire to add more warmth to the house.

"C'moan in, Áedán. A've git th' kettle oan so we kin have teaa or cocoa. An' ye kin share my bed wi' me. A've gotta shaw ye mah awesome coo painting anyway! It'll be so fun!" Tàm grinned brightly, ever excited to spend time with his pal. Especially because this was his first ever sleepover. And also that it meant more time to show his pal all around the cottage, including Pa's work in the forge. He'd told all his pals about it, but it just wasn't the same.

"If ye dinnae wantae share a kip, ah kin set up th' couch sae ye kin kip by th' fire. Or we kin grab th' sleeping bags 'n' mak' ye wee jimmies a steid tae kip oot 'ere in th' flair. Whitevur is maist comfy." The man nodded, glancing over at the boys from his spot before the fire. It was good to be home once more. Perhaps, he could see about getting guardianship of Áedán -if he wanted, of course- then seeing about raising him right alongside his own. He knew Tàmhas would be all over that idea.... Maybe it was best to ask later, though.

{{Aonghus 1-"I know you better than you think. We are very much alike, you and I"
          Aonghus 2- Come on, let's get home before Tamhas worries. In the morning, we can show you the forge, have breakfast, then I'll grab you some equipment if you still want to stay here in these woods.
          Tam 1- "There you both are! I was getting worried! The radio said it is supposed to snow soon and I didn't want you guys to freeze."
          Tam 2- "Come on in, Aedan. I've got the kettle on so we can have tea or cocoa. And you can share a bed with me. I've gotta show you my cool cow painting anyway! It'll be great!"
          Aonghus 3- "If you don't want to share a bed, I can set up the couch so you can sleep by the fire. Or we can grab the sleeping bags and make you boys a place to sleep out here in the floor. Whatever is most comfortable."}}

TrickBlues

Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          Aonghus - #CC1100
          Áedán

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:31 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Home - My Bedroom
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán, but he's sleeping
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Getting ready for the day
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I hate seeing myself like this

After a long drive home, Tàmhas was happy to be able to snuggle in bed. What he hadn't known, Pa had redone the bedroom to add a bunkbed so both Tàm and Áedán would have a comfy place to sleep. It came as a shock, but both boys seemed quite happy. It didn't take long before all three were safely in their beds, fast asleep after a long day of travel. When the morning came, Tàm woke to the smell of... something burning. A curse sounded from the kitchen, causing the brunette to laugh. Hopefully he didn't wake up Áedán.... Well, he'd have to be woken up soon, but Tàm was hoping it wouldn't be until after he was dressed and ready. Getting dressed in the cluttered bathroom had been a nightmare over the winter break, but he still wasn't sure he wanted his pal to know what had happened.

Tàmhas yawned a bit as he pushed himself to his foot, stretching his arms above his messy head. Moving with pained muscles, he tugged his shirt over his head, revealing the scars that had been made by tongues of flame. He sighed down at his tummy, wondering what his friends would think of him. No one in town liked him because they all thought he was a curse.... but his friends didn't know his story.... but would they care? Would they simply think he was disgusting like the townspeople did...

Tàm reached over to his dresser, searching for the clothes he'd wear that day.

{{Wearing :: Forge Working Gear}}
          trickblues

Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          Aonghus - #CC1100
          Áedán

I, I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ
          Wʜʏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ
          Gᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ
          Tʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ
          Gᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ
          Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          I'ᴍ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴠɪʙᴇ
          I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:00 am
User Image
User Image
Outside for the first time in a long time
You said you can't remember what it's like
To feel more than cold on the inside
But the sunrise will come again and you'll be just fine
You'll be just fine

User Image

Halfblood | Second Year Slytherin | Twelve Years Old
Art Club Frequenter
June 2058 Tam’s Room With: Tam
Wearing: Plaid PJ pants and a white T-shirt Status: “It must’ve been painful...”

Áedán never expected to be with the Ghobhainns for longer than a day. Honestly, he wasn't quite sure how he had ended up staying with them for the entirety of Christmas. He had every intention of setting out on his own upon their return to the forge from Hogwarts, but when they finally made it in, well... They were all exhausted, and then Mr. Ghobhainn revealed he went through the trouble of building the boys bunk beds, leaving Áedán too stunned to object but feeling guilty Tàm had to give up his old bed. Much to his relief, when Mr. Ghobhainn left them be for the night and Áedán had a chance to ask, Tàm seemed pleased as punch. He admitted he was happy too, but as he waited for sleep to take him, he couldn't help but wonder how long this would be okay. If Mr. Ghobhainn went through all the hassle of building a whole bunk bed, surely he had something more long-term in mind, but... Áedán would have to make himself useful somehow. He couldn't just accept such generosity without some sort of repayment, and he was still sorting out how to repay him for his kindness at Christmas. By the time he drifted off, long after Tàmhas, he was settled on a course of action.

When Áedán awoke, he could hear the sound of shuffling below him. As he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, there was a yawn. Tàm must have already woken up. Something... Smelled a little burnt, but not unpleasant. He stretched his arms until his fingertips brushed the ceiling, then wasted no time in crawling out of his bunk and down the ladder. "Mornin'..." Áedán paused as he took in Tàm's appearance. It looked like he'd been burned badly at some point, and judging from how they made it down to the stump of his leg... "Is that how it happened?" He quietly asked, but then shook his head. 'Stupid. That's nae any ov your business to be prying into.' His tone was level as usual as he apologized and quickly changed the subject. "Na, sorry to pry. You dinnae have to talk about it if you dinnae want. Was that your Pa cursin' a minute ago?" Once on solid ground, he moved to his bag to find some clothes for the day, silently chastising himself all the while. 'Way to make it haunless first thing in the morning, Áedán. Excellent work as always. Rowan'd be so proud.'

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

I sit and watch now with new eyes for the green side
Lose myself sink into your sunlight
Breath in the breeze like a sweet sigh
Keep me tongue-tied
If this lasts forever, I'll be just fine
Oh, I'll be just fine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:24 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Home - Kitchen
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán and Pa
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Pa's Big Question
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Heehee I knew this was coming

When Tàm heard someone behind him, followed by a good morning greeting, He tried to hurry and pull on his clothes. "Ah! G'mornin!" His voice was a little squeakier, reaching over to grab his shirt. As he struggled to pull his shirt on, the question he'd been dreading sounded out. Tàm sighed softly, offering a small nod. "Aye, whin ah wis a wee babe, Pa rescued me from a forest fire. That's how ah git thase scars, lost mah leg.... Bit gained a pa. Cannae say it didn't work out."

He looked over at Áedán, who was trying to change topic. And he did. He asked about the sounds from the kitchen, earning a soft laugh. "Aye, he's nae th' best cook. Let's gang git breakfast sae he doesn't stairt a fire in th' kitchen." He quickly finished getting dressed, now a bit less worried about his pal seeing anything. Then again, he was still fully self-conscious about his body. Maybe he wouldn't need to care about it anymore.

After the boys were all dressed, the shorter brunette led the way into the kitchen. "Guid mornin', wee laddies. Ur ye ready tae hulp wi' forge wirk th'day ?" The tall man's deep voice boomed out as he gestured to some slightly burnt pancakes, scrambled eggs with oodles of cheese, and some ham slices. Once the boys had sat down, he plopped in the larger chair.

"Áedán, ah wis wondering. Ye'v bin weighing heavy oan this auld man's hert, 'n' ah wis hoping ye wid shift in 'ere wi' us 'n' allow me tae be yer guardian. A'd lik' tae adopt ye, bit ye'r a young man 'n' kin mak' thae choices fur yersel'." He had already collected paperwork, both for guardianship and a full adoption, just in case. After all, it was very possible that Áedán would deny both. But Aonghus rather hoped he would accept and stay with them. Even just seeing him with Tàmhas, and how happy his son had become made the man know this was the right step.

{{{Tam 1 - "Yes, when I was a baby, Pa rescued me from a forest fire. That's how I got these scars, lost my leg.... but gained a Pa. Can't say it didn't work out."
          Tam 2 - "Yes, he's not the best cook. Let's go get breakfast so he doesn't start a fire in the kitchen."
          Aonghus 1 - "Good morning, boys. Are you ready to help with forge work today?"
          Aonghus 2 - "Áedán, I was wondering. You've been weighing heavy on this old man's heart, and I was hoping you would move in here with us and allow me to be your guardian. I'd like to adopt you, but you're a young man and can make these choices for yourself."}}}

trickblues

Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          Aonghus - #CC1100
          Áedán

I'ᴍ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴠɪʙᴇ
          I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:03 am
User Image
User Image
Outside for the first time in a long time
You said you can't remember what it's like
To feel more than cold on the inside
But the sunrise will come again and you'll be just fine
You'll be just fine

User Image

Halfblood | Second Year Slytherin | Twelve Years Old
Art Club Frequenter
June 2058 The Kitchen With: Tam and Mr. Ghobhainn
Wearing: (Will insert later-clothes fit to work in, similar to Tam) Status: “Master Aonghus feels a lot more right than Mr. Ghobhainn.”

"A forest fire, huh?..." He muttered as he changed, voice distant in thought. That sounded familiar--his mother mentioned something about a fire once, he could have sworn, but the details were fuzzy. All he could recall was her kind smile, and her dainty hands that always carded through his hair when she told him a story. Áedán missed the warmth of that came with feeling loved, but he was fine. Tàmhas may have started out alone, but Áedán was glad that he'd always known a happy family, no matter how small. He certainly deserved it. "Well, sounds like you've gotten a pretty nice silver lining out of it." They left it at that. While Áedán was honored to be trusted with that, he wouldn't pry further. Tàmhas could talk about it more later if he ever wanted.

Once in the kitchen, the scent of burnt food was stronger—when something burned it seemed the smell was always worse than it really was--but so was the smell of ham, eggs, and pancakes. All things good.
"Good mornin'," Áedán greeted. Though level as always, there was a spark in his eyes at the prospect of working in the forge. "Aye, Sir."

Over breakfast, Mr. Ghobhainn brought up the topic of their current arrangement. He was right in that the man was thinking long term, but—adoption?! In his surprise, Áedán's fork slipped out of his hand and onto the plate with a clank. "You wannae adopt me?" Now why would he want to go off and do a crazy thing like that? Áedán knew better than anyone he clearly wasn't adoption material—after all, he scared his brother off, and his dad went so far as to off himself to get away from him. Did Tàm know this was coming? A glance to the boy beside him told him he might have had a clue.

Áedán looked down, and he nervously wrung his hands together under the table as he weighed his options. Mr. Ghobhainn was giving him a choice: Adoption, Guardianship... Neither seemed to be on the table, but what good would that do? He'd survive on his own, sure. But then what? Pretend everything was normal at Hogwarts? Come to think of it, could he even go back? He could find odd jobs to pay tuition, but... Would Tàm still talk to him if he left? He can't imagine he'd be happy with him if he declined the offer, and Áedán wasn't sure he could handle another rejection in his life. If Mr. Ghobhainn adopted him, and became his dad, Áedán would be a Ghobhainn, and he and Tàm would be brothers... But something about that left a bitter taste in his mouth. Guardianship... Aedan had been thinking for a long time about what that might have looked like.

"Thank you." Áedán steeled himself as he looked back up at Mr. Ghobhainn. "I appreciate the thought, but I've already had a father. He wasn't perfect, but I have nae intention to replace him. I am a MacInnes; for better or worse." A small frown tugged at his lips, his brows furrowed in thought as he seemed to be weighing his options. "You've been so kind, and I'm nae sure I'll ever be able to tell you how grateful I am. I never planned to stay, an' I know it's selfish, but I don't really wannae leave, either... At the very least nae until I can repay my debts."

"I know I've got a lot to learn, and I'll probably be more of a burden than an asset for a while, but..." Any self-doubt was gone as he found his resolve, looking the man in the eye, settled firmly in his decision. "If I stay, I'd like to be put to work. I wannae know everything there is about the forge. I dinnae need a father, but I'd take a teacher, so. Master Aonghus. Make me your apprentice, and I'll give you everything I've got."

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

I sit and watch now with new eyes for the green side
Lose myself sink into your sunlight
Breath in the breeze like a sweet sigh
Keep me tongue-tied
If this lasts forever, I'll be just fine
Oh, I'll be just fine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Home - Kitchen
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Áedán and Pa
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Pa's New Apprentice
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He's gonna love it!

Tàmhas was still not sure how to respond to his pal asking about the fire. Usually any time someone mentioned the fire it was in regards to Tàm being a curse, jinx, or some other mean name. As he was starting to fall inward on his own emotional state, Áedán noted that he'd gotten a nice silver lining from the whole ordeal. "Aye, you're right. I got lucky to have Pa." And indeed he felt nothing but happiness at the result.

The two headed to the kitchen and sat at the table, eating some tasty (if a bit overcooked) breakfast. The brunette watched his Pa make an offer for guardianship, which he had discussed with Tàm at length already. After getting an approval, they moved forward with asking Áedán. Pa spoke more than he usually ever did, then the words hung in the air in a weird, tense silence filled the kitchen.

Aonghus nodded once as the younger redhead asked if the question had been for potential adoption. He took a heavy breath, listening as Áedán spoke his mind, noting that he had already had a father, and that he liked his surname. Aonghus nodded, a small grin creeping onto his lips as the boy mentioned wanting to repay his debts. He said he had a lot to learn, but wanted to begin actual work within the forge.

"A seicont apprentace in th' shop? Ah wid ferr loue th' mae hauns. Efter we finish breakfast, a've git a gift fur ye, then we kin shift tae th' forge 'n' begin oor wirk." He reached over to ruffle the boy's hair, a soft smile showing. "Aye! we kin learn together! Ah kin hulp ye catch up tae with me, then Pa kin train us th' rest o' th' wey."

Without wanting to wait, Tàm pushed up from the table and wobbled into the hall, near the forge door. He grabbed a box and walked back over, setting the large box on the table beside his pal. Inside the box was a nice leather apron, fire-resistant gloves, and a brand new set of tools. Everything had been acquired by Pa while the boys were in school, and hopefully he'd like everything.

"Go'n ahead 'n' open the gift! It's for you!"

{{{Aonghus 1- "A second apprentace in the shop? I would quite love the extra hands. After we finish breakfast, I've got a gift for you, then we can move to the forge and begin our work."
          Tam 1 - "Yes! We can learn together. I can help you catch up to what I know, then Pa can train us the rest of the way."
          Tam 2 - "Go ahead and open the gift! It's for you!"}}}

trickblues

Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          Aonghus - #CC1100
          Áedán