WC: 1247

"Do you think the locals have really seen Varii?" Uolie asked Zepherin as they moved into the Doman territory properly. Zephirin paud, and smiled, bowing his head gently.

"It is possible. I think I saw a friend from the pride returning with cubs in her belly lately, and there's others. It won't do harm to ask someone." The cheetah replied softly, before turning. The pair had opted to try local pridelands when they set out, partly at Grinnaux's suggestion, and now they were making their way into the Doma territory proper. Uolie was familiar with the borders, but Zephirin knew the way in, nodding his head to guards as they passed them to enter the territory at a brisk trot.

Doma was healing. Pride members milled about their lives as the two travellers looked for someone available to speak to before a black lioness caught Zephirin's eyes. For a moment, he tensed, freezing and nearly tripping Uolie, before the lioness turned enough to see markings, and Zephirin froze, blinking as his breath turned into a sharp inhale. Immediately, Uolie looked at Zephirin in surprise, then followed his gaze, blinking and then smirking teasingly.

"You didn't styrike me as the lion-chasing sort." She teased. Zephirin swallowed, eyes wide as the male took in the lioness fussing over a kill.

"Nor I... She must be new -- and he's beautiful..." Zephirin swallowed, suddenly fidgeting, before Uolier laughed and nudged him.

"We could ask her. She looks a little like Varii..." Uolie nodded towards the female and Zephirin squeaked shyly before Uolie moved toward her, Zephirin hurrying after as he turned deep red under his fur.

It was a good day to hunt. Seito liked helping and as moody as Nacht seemed, Seito was just happy to meet others and make friends, smiling as she proudly worked on seperating hide from her kill to deliver to the kojin when she spied an enormous white and teal lioness approaching with a small silver and brown cheetah at her side, and Seito promptly pinned her ears shyly, flinching low as she winced.

"C-can I help y...you?" The female asked, looking between them fearfully. The lioness was terrified of strangers, but Uolie's warm smile felt inviting and kind, and Seito blinked a moment as Uolie bowed her head respectfully.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, Ma'am. I'm hoping you or your pridemates have seen someone. My name's Uolie, and my friend here is Zephirin."

"Looking...? Oh! Oh, yes, I can help I suppose. What do they look like?" Seito could be brave!....Why was that cheetah staring. Was he okay? Was she in trouble? Zephirin fidgeted beside Uolie as the pale lioness smiles.

"Varii is black, black maned, gold eyed... White muzzle, throat, and belly... And the bottom half of his toes. He's giant, very deep voiced. he's my brother." Uolie described her brother carefully, Seito considering before nodding.

"I see... No, I'm afraid I haven't seen him. But I can keep my eyes out. I know what it's like to be seperated from your brother." The female seemed to shrick, looking down sadly. "My brother's out in the roguelands too. He's white, a mane like my yellow, cream face... Black Markings. We look related. If... If I'm not imposing..."

Before Uolie could soothe her, Zephirin rushed to her, catching her paw in his own small one, and offering a gentle look as he fiunally spoke.

"My lady, we would be honored to help find him. Where I was born, a gentleman, especially knights, assisted ladies in need." Zephirin said gently. "Especially b- b- beautiful ladies.. I mean... that is..." Zephirin began freezing, but Seito blinked, eyes going wide as shge realized he was flirtingp/i] and stammered a bit.

"O..Oh... I'm not special... I'm a girl and all..." Seito murmured. Zephirin shopok his head.

"You are a lady, and one I am honored to... That is...."

"Oh my grandpa, he likes you, miss." Uolie laughed. "He thinks you're beautiful because he likes you." The lioness laughed gently, Seito's ears pinning shyly.

"But I'm a former slave, I'm not - I mean - I'm not special... Rufus is the special one..." Seito huddled shyly, Zephirin smiling ayt her kindly.

"Well, if I admit, my pride is gone, and I was disgraced... I'm not... Special either... But maybe..." He bent, kissing Seito's paw as Uolie rolled her eyes in amusement. This was silly. They were silly. Seito, however, turned deeper crimson under her fur, almost hiding her face a moment before raising her head and speaking softly.

"My name is Seito." The lioness managed, stammering only slightly. "My... My father hoped for a male, so..." She tried to bury her face again, Zephirin taking it in with a breath before closing his eyes and sighing.

"Seito... It still sounds lovely. I don't care if your father favored sons, if it helps..." Zephirin smiled, and Seito gasped again. She was failing to find reasons to flee, feeling overwhelmed by his attentions, but Zephirin merely smiled before she fumbled. "But you're a cheetah... I'm a lioness... Aren't we..."

"I've seen lion-leopard hybrids and cheetah-l;;eopard hybrids. You two are probably fine." Uolie offered. "And Zephirin seems good people. Less mouthy than his friend Grinnaux, for sure."

"Grinnaux? Oh! You - you know Grinnaux?" Seito lit up. "He's a wonderful hunter! I know him!"

"We were fellow knights once. Brothers in claws." Zephirin admitted awkwardly. Seito, however, relaxed.

"He's very kind, though. He's ever been good to me. Even though Nacht and he don't like one another." Seito shrugged. Zephirin flinched a moment, and motioned with his paw.

"Nacht.. Cost us our home, once. Unless she poses problems, we do not wish to cross her path. But... You must be whom calmed her down. Thank you." Zephirin bowed his head, and Uolie shrugged.

"Sounds like she'd do fine in the Aegnor'hini honestly. Dark or flame pelted lions and leopards. True warriors. I was... What they call a sador. I hunted and aided them, in trade for protection. I'm... A pacifist, and one of them thought I'd be killed. But they're missing bar my family and friends, so I was encouraged to find my brother in the roguelands. Truthfully, if I found my father, he's a seer - a god's child. He might be able to get a vision of where Varii went...." Uolie ducked her head. "We seperated when I was grown though."

"Oh! A royal tier line. The royal family is descended from a god. Whom is your grandfather?" Seito asked cheerily. Zephirin looked to Uolie in encouragement a moment, and Uolie puffed up brightly, beaming.

"Primitus, the God of Leadership." Uolie said proudly. Seito paused, seeming to stare before looking to Zephirin, then Uolie again before speaking quietly.

"I... I know your aunt." The lioness said quietly. Uolie paused, voice cracking. "An aunt? Here? I mean I'm not surprised, he's many partners, but... Here?" Suddenly Uolie was shy, but Seito beamed.

"A priestess. Efah is a kind one. I can take you to her, and you'd be welcome to stay with me. Nacht is her mother."

"...An aunt..." Uolie looked down, frowning, as Zephirin regarded her, then looked to Seito.

"We'd be... Grateful." He admitted, and smiled. "Might I know you better in the meantime, my lady?" Zephirin asked, and Seito squeaked, nodding.

"Oh... Sure. Come with me. I'll lead the way." Seito beamed and for a moment, Uolie faltered, even as Zephirin smiled and prepared to follow, before the pale lioness nodded and moved to follow Seito quietly, the lioness smiling timidly at the, both before turning, and walking to lead the way to the dens, the two rogues following in silence.

There was much to digest.